Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is it against ToS to buy unwanted rivens for cheap??

Tenno73817

Question

Hello, beautiful community of Warframe.

So, I'm kind of an active trader, I have a 100 Riven Transmuters and would like to use them to get new Veiled Rivens and open them for a chance at something nice, I posted on the Trade chat saying that "I'm willing to buy any unwanted riven" and I had prices that I'm willing to pay which are 5 for melee, 7 for shotgun, and 10 for rifle, also double the price if the riven is maxed out.

A fellow Tenno sent me that this might be considered as "Exploiting players who are new to trading" and that "It's against the Terms of Service and DE might take actions against your account" .

Now I can go ahead and explain how those prices make sense and are reasonable, but I'm not going to (at least for now), to avoid being thought of as greedy or whatever.

Is this against ToS ? and are the players not entitled to sell or buy stuff at their desired price?

Also, I don't know if this is the right place to post this thing in or not, if it's not then I apologize.

19 answers to this question

No, I don't see how it would be. Next time ask him to point you to the exact section of the TOS, most won't have read it.

There's a lot of low value rivens out there. Yes, there might be someone who sells you a good riven not realising it. But, honestly, I can see myself selling my unwanted rivens and not caring if one of them turns out to be worth a lot because you saved me a lot of bother researching and selling. If you feel so inclined, you can decline the trade or offer a bit more. Just to please that angel on your shoulder.

It's the same as buying unwanted prime parts in bulk. Junk to some, treasure to others.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hikuro-93 said:

If it was so then selling rivens for the surprising amounts they usually go for would be considered the same. And if it is agreed upon between you and the seller/buyer then it's hardly a rip-off. The information tools are out there as well.

Well that's exactly my point, before a trade is done both the Seller and the Buyer click on a button that says "Accept Trade".
and if they didn't like the price they wouldn't, simple as that.

5 minutes ago, GinKenshin said:

it's not. people can put any prices they want and they can accept any prices they want. but if we're being practical, you're not gonna get a lot of buyers with these prices

That's how I always thought of it and would love to keep believing, I'm free to sell or buy at my desired price, not meet some specific price to satisfy "Trade monitoring system".

As long as you don't scam people (ie telling them you'll buy for 20 :platinum:  and putting 2 hoping they won't notice), you're fine.

If the price is agreed by the seller and the buyer, then both click 20 billion times on the different pop-up windows during the trade, then you won't face any issue, ever.

• Like 2

The Anti market part of this community is kind of extreme. There is alot of belief in things like this. As long as you aren't intentionally hiding any information you have over the new player it's fine. Your prices look good but I don't trade like that too much. 

If I had to make a guess, lying about ToS in attempt to prevent a player from using an in game function is probably closer to ToS violation than even scamming someone in a trade. 

• Like 1

As others have mentioned it isn't against TOS, 

That guy probably didn't like you asking for stuff at low rates and came up with that excuse. 

You are free to demand any value  (in Plat or barter) of any tradeable item in game, but it is on the other party to accept or not. 

• Like 1