MarrikBroom

What Weapons do YOU want to see augments for in Nightwave?

Simple idea really, though pessimistically I doubt anything will come of it (See also DE's letting the design council vote and then doing something diffrent, then saying the reult was the design council's idea.) However given Nightwave has been a source of new weapon augments that range from useless, to 'game changing.' I figure 'I have opinions. Maybe one or two other people agree with them.'

Braton:
Shattering Barrage:
Rarity: Gold

Base Rank: 4

\Max Rank: 9

Effect: Each round reduces enemy base armor by (base: 1, +1 per additional rank.)
Intet: This gives the Braton series of weapons a use space when put up against the lieks of the supra vandal, or the prima grakata, without resorting to raw power creep by way of 'this takes up one of the weapon's eight mod slots, meaning you only have seven for crit, damage, fire rate, status, or multishot' and giving theweapon an effect that would be highly useful even with its at best 'OK' damage numbers without suddenly making this THE bullet hose. So I looke at mods for other weapons, specifically melee's shattering impact and 'wait, that is something that would be amazing to have on ye olden Braton.

Mutalist Cernos:
Ensnaring Arrows

Rarity: Gold
Base Rank: 4

Max Rank: 9

Effect: On impact arrows will draw up to (6 base +1 per rank) enemies from up to (base 10 meters +1 meter per additional mod rank) towards the point of impact. Additional (Base 100% +15% per rank) damage done by the toxic clouds.

Intent: As with my braton concept I like the Mutalist Cernos. So I looked at what it does, which is fire gross fart clouds that chase until reaching where the arrow imapcted. Again, like the Braton, I didn't want to outright power creep by MUST HAVE BIGGER DAMAGE NUMBER! However the fart clouds do single digit damage, and seem to exist more to spread status than to deal damage, which... is fine enough. The proposed damage bump, based off of what rivens do to the weapon, wouldn't be that big of an increase given 'base damage' only does single digit numbers. The point this augment serves is 'this bow exists for the sake of crowd control. Enhance that.'  So I looked at things that crowd control like the ferrox then... 'nice idea but I like Nidus's spaghetti ball better as a theme because of the infested theme.'

• Like 2

Ogris! Something to make it worth while. Maybe give it crit or slash when a condition is met.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

Strun-something to make it usefull, right now strun is low tier shotgun, or make it reload wayy faster thatit does now its too damn slow

Edited by Lazarow

3 minutes ago, Lazarow said:

Strun-something to make it usefull, right now strun is low tier shotgun, or make it reload wayy faster thatit does now its too damn slow

I wouldn't turn down a useful Augment for it, but I think Strun Wraith is plenty useful.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

I wouldn't turn down a useful Augment for it, but I think Strun Wraith is plenty useful.

Compared to any other shotgun though?

19 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Compared to any other shotgun though?

While the Strun Wraith may not have the punch of any of the Tigris series (hell, even the Velocitus and Opticor can't match them), it does have a longer range and greater magazine capacity. Further, it's proven useful as a status shotgun (as opposed to the raw damage per shell of the Tigris) for pretty much anything I point it at.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, MarrikBroom said:

(See also DE's letting the design council vote and then doing something diffrent, then saying the reult was the design council's idea.)

This is game development. Something that sounds great on paper doesn't mean it will work in the game or interact cleanly with the rest of the game. Your idea may just not be very good, not that DE hates you.

• Haha 1

Just now, peterc3 said:

This is game development. Something that sounds great on paper doesn't mean it will work in the game or interact cleanly with the rest of the game. Your idea may just not be very good, not that DE hates you.

Fair enough, until you get to the point where they go 'YOU voted this thing in! Totally you guys! Welet you pick yaaay!' Either allow the designated pick get allowed in, or don't do the song and dance over how 'we let you decide!'

Just now, MarrikBroom said:

Fair enough, until you get to the point where they go 'YOU voted this thing in! Totally you guys! Welet you pick yaaay!' Either allow the designated pick get allowed in, or don't do the song and dance over how 'we let you decide!'

If code problems could be predicted, we would be living in the Jetsons' future.

If we are talking about making a weapon useful they I nominate 

SEER 

KRAKEN

STUG

good mods to makes these good weapons

• Like 3

Posted (edited)

AkVasto: devastate mod - 8 consecutive headshots auto reloads both guns. 

Edited by (XB1)SixGunLove
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, peterc3 said:

If code problems could be predicted, we would be living in the Jetsons' future.

You know exactly what I mean so stop being disingenuous here. If the thing does not work then go 'we wanted to do this thing but- *HORRIBLE_THING* happened.'

Rather than going 'oh hey we totally aren't doing the thing you want and saying its totally the thing.  Either go with the community pick, or don't claim the thing that is not what the community picked is the thing.

This is only tangentially related to the thread.

• Like 2

All the NW augments so far have been for non-Tenno weapons, right?

Assuming that's a rule, and personally ruling out melee and weapons that already have (bad) augments, I'd be really interested in them for Sonicor and Quartakk.

• Like 1

Dual Toxocysts, any of the glaive weapons, and perhaps the Ocucor?

Telos boltace-

Instead of ragdolling enemies away, stormpath's second spin now creates a whirlwind of status effects, such that any statuses on any enemies in range now applies to all enemies in range at 60% of the remaining duration.

Gorgon-

While not aiming, -50% accuracy but +200% multishot

Dread-

Brings back the old sound effect of drawing it.

Posted (edited)

Zarr - Ruinous Confetti

Canon mode for Zarr increases its destructive range (and self damage range) and every status effect in the game has a 50% chance to proc separately on the shell (all pellets will carry over the successful rolled status)

Example: you fire canon mode and each status rolls a 50% chance to proc and get the god roll of having every status effect proc on detonation and each explosive pellet carries each status that proccd from the shell.

Edited by (PS4)psycofang

11 часов назад, -_Highlander_- сказал:

Tonkor yes pls 

-100% reduce from selfdamage

He have no self damage

27 minutes ago, NoLazyShadow said:

He have no self damage

Tonkor has plenty of self-damage, and even with the minimum arming distance thing, you can one-shot yourself while standing still.

16 hours ago, MSEP1 said:

Ogris! Something to make it worth while.

With a good Riven, Ogris can actually be pretty dang fun / effective (mine has Multishot and Status Chance, so woo Gas pwnage).

Plus it already has Nightwatch Napalm, which unlike Napalm Grenades actually scales off +Damage / +Multishot
(mind, it could still get a buff or two without being super OP, heh).

16 hours ago, Lazarow said:

Strun [...] make it reload wayy faster thatit does now its too damn slow

Strun's reload mechanic (one shell at a time) is pretty nifty IMO, as it's actually a time saver if you manually reload after every few shots.

14 hours ago, maxximuxx said:

STUG

I appreciate it, but honestly, that weapon needs fundamental changes, not a "fix" via a band-aid Augment.

Brakk

Weird idea

Each hit grants a stacking magazine size buff, up to +3000% (max 150 mag)

Also converts the weapon from semi to full auto

7 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

He have no self damage

It still has self damage, it's just hard to be in the aoe, basically the grenade would have to bounce back at least 6m towards you. 

6 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

With a good Riven, Ogris can actually be pretty dang fun / effective (mine has Multishot and Status Chance, so woo Gas pwnage).

Plus it already has Nightwatch Napalm, which unlike Napalm Grenades actually scales off +Damage / +Multishot
(mind, it could still get a buff or two without being super OP, heh).

As the Napalm Grenades mod has shown, having a special mod already does not exclude it from getting another one. Although assuming Penta is the rule and not an exception, both of the mods cannot be used at the same time.

Also, recommending rivens 🤢

9 hours ago, NoLazyShadow said:

He have no self damage

Oo wut .. You go boom when tonkor backfires

don't step into the radius when it explodes

-- Try it for yourself and get back to me with the results --

:thumbup::tongue: