[DE]Helen

Saint of Altra Live on PC!

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Crunch time is an industry term where employees are pushed to take LOTS of overtime and overwork themselves to meet a deadline. Stuff like sleeping at the office, skipping meals and breaks, etc.

Oh, right, alright, thanks for reminding me what it was

Well, tats understandable, this is the same thing that happened with the-jovian-concord and we all kown how that turned out, so it's a dubble edged sword that people play with, when this is brought up. 

Even tho, what mad-man will skip meals is byound my imagination, no one messes with my food lol

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

They should release on wednesday so they have thursday and friday to hotfix any bugs that pop up

• Applause 1
  • Upvote 1

I hope to see this topic updated daily until release happens.

Even if all i really wait is frame and weapons.

dont tell me they will do this not aoon and tomorrow, at friday... so no time for bugfixing before weekend 😞

DE pls release update today. U will have Friday for hotfixing. 

16 minutes ago, xBZYKUx said:

I think that is coming today,like 89% im shore in this...

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Melanholic7 said:

dont tell me they will do this not aoon and tomorrow, at friday... so no time for bugfixing before weekend 😞

32 minutes ago, xBZYKUx said:

15 minutes ago, Vlada91 said:

I think that is coming today,like 89% im shore in this...

They go on holiday this Friday and it's likely we won't see the update next week either, if tats the case, not due today, so in all honestly, without being rude, it better be, cuz there will be huge backfire if it turns out to be the case, let alone no one being in the building for hotfixs (Unless they skip holiday and help game breaking/exploits bugs)  

Not sure if its the whole team or just some, but from Reb's tweet it sure sounds like it

Edited by Circle_of_Psi
  • Applause 1

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

They go on holiday this Friday and it's likely we won't see the update next week either, if tats the case, not due today, so in all honestly, without being rude, it better be, cuz there will be huge backfire if it turns out to be the case, let alone no one being in the building for hotfixs (Unless they skip holiday and help game breaking/exploits bugs)  

Not sure if its the whole team or just some, but from Reb's tweet it sure sounds like it

isn't sept 1st a Canadian Holiday so it wont even be on on the following monday.

14 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

isn't sept 1st a Canadian Holiday so it wont even be on on the following monday.

Beats me, I don't live there

16 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

There is content drought already in Warframe so it's better for the game to drop update today.

On 2019-08-27 at 2:23 PM, sinnae said:

Germany has mandatory English education 😛 Regional pronunciation differences aren't an indicator of poor education.

Can you say squirrel? I know there is High and Low German, and that there are pronunciation differences to be had in both. English does have the same problem. However, there is still a correct way to pronounce something whether we like it or not.

Many Americans will pronounce Foyer as it is spelled, however it is a French word, and it is pronounced Foy yay by most of the rest of the English speaking world.  (Granted that is starting to change after seeing a few more home renno shows than I would like). Some east coast northern and southern Americans will say Dactor instead of Doctor, or Sari instead of Sorry, Rough instead of Roof, as Canadians will say Aboot or A boat instead of AbOUT.  There is a correct way of pronouncing words even when factoring regional and international dialects. Talk to Australians and some southern US neighbours and ask them to say Crown, and it sounds like they want you to pass them a coloured wax pencil called a Crayon. Or a sack of Ice sounds like a sack of Alpha Sierra Sierra.

If I asked you to pronounce the word Quay, I would not be surprised if you said it as it is spelled, when in fact it is correctly pronounced as KEY.  If I asked you to pronounce Shire, you would be correct  to say it as spelled, but if I asked you to say Devonshire, it would be correctly pronounced Devonsure.

English is a very nuanced language, Hooked on Phonics only takes you so far, taking from many languages and integrating it into its own. Often English will try and stay as true to the root language it came from, sometimes it does get bastardised, but you can be assured there is one universal way to pronounce the word that is accepted by academics across the planet.

7 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Beats me, I don't live there

It is called Labourday and yes it is a statutory holiday in Canada, and I think some regions of the US.

hello all,

i thinked that the speedster will come faster with his speed🙄

looks like he isnt fast enought😂.

No joke, take your time DE ^^

i will try to contain my hype😆

It's Thursday before a three day weekend (at least in the US).  Best case scenario, you've got the ability to push this out today and get one or two hotfixes pushed out because nothing ever releases at the 90% functional level.  On average, it seems like 2-3 hotfixes are needed, and another 2-3 less priority patches need to be made to stabilize everything.

Now, what are we looking forward to? 

1) A new frame.

You've communicated part BPs are going to drop from the disruption game mode.  Oh joy, another Harrow and Nidus level round C reward with a 10% drop chance.  That new frame is ever so going to be worth it, just like Khora too.  The fact that you keep doing this is pretty telling that you want us to either buy the frame or grind to the point of hating it.  Why?  Why highlight this?

2) Disruption being a game mode in other places.

This one kills me.  You've added a new game mode, but it doesn't look like there are any new nodes being added.  This means less of the old game types, and a greater entry barrier for new people who can't exactly slap together a group for disruption at MR5.  Likewise, higher level players still have no reason to go back.  This isn't something that the echoes would resolve, as a constantly required grind reward isn't something tolerable.  It especially isn't tolerable when it'd likely be a low percentage drop and a 24 hours only situation.  Grinding daily for a resource that isn't rewarding is a fantastic way to kill interest in a game mode.  This is especially true when captures in the void are so prevalent, because the rewards to investment are so much higher.

3) A couple of new weapons.

This honestly has the most potential.  It's a joke, but there's some potential that these are unique enough to warrant paying attention to.  Of course, they still need to get a primed variant.  I guess this means I've got no hopes that they'll be anything more than MR fodder.

This is a mainline update, and what you're touting as an achievement is the release of paid cosmetics, a system to introduce new frames without having the pieces drop from bosses, and a couple of new pieces of interesting content.  I don't even understand exactly what this is supposed to be.  

If I'm positive, I think this is you promising less and delivering on promises rather than riding the hype train into a wall.  At the same time, I'm seeing Railjack stuff still dropping as prototype a year after you did a scripted event semi-live.  It's hard to give you the benefit of the doubt when it so often is apparent that you're eyes are far larger than your stomachs.  I would hope that you can deliver something after two weeks without even a patch, but that's also largely something I hold no hopes on.  

As a side note, let's talk another time about drop rates.

In Sanctuary Onslaught, you've got a 1.01% drop rate chance for some of the stuff.  For half of all players in the game to receive the reward you'll need to run 69 total times.  That's 1380 minutes (assuming no down-time between rounds), or 23 hour.  I'm not going to provide the math, but can if asked.

If you want 90% of players to get the drop it's 227 runs, totaling 75 hours and 40 minutes.  99% of players getting the BP reward represents 454 runs and a 151 hour 20 minute investment. 

That's just a stupid long waste of time.  As an example, you could literally rank up all of the weapons in the game without any booster and still have 10% of people without the blueprint.  If you're part of the 1% you'll rank everything up, invest all of the forma, and have nothing to do in the game because the only things left are archwings and k-drives.

This would be acceptable with the ephemera.  They're literally a pointless cosmetic, whose very name confirms their insubstantial nature.  The problem is the Braton and Lato vandals are MR points, which is 100% a game mechanic.  

I'd ask that you people review, but at this point a 150 platinum cost for a BP is literally the only way to do this.  You've got no respect for the player base, and this is why every year people come the the annual content drought and your free advertising via social media becomes reticent to support you.  No content, and math that makes EA gambling through loot boxes seem less of a painful time sink is pretty depressing.

I'll continue to make this point as often as I can.  It never fails to amaze me when I hear about DE removing a gambling mechanic about Kubrow furs because it is predatory, then look at some of these rewards pools and determine that Aura Forma, Harrow, Nidus, Khora, the Ephemeras, and Arbitration reward mods are the exact same thing as Darth Vader in the most recent BF2 but with the extra step of having to find someone to buy the bits from rather than the ability to just buy it straight.  It's not a great look DE, especially given the riven market shenanigans.  Maybe a little less gambling, a little more basic math, and a 50% reward drop rate that can be had in one eight hour session, rather than a literal month of a full time job playing only this game.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Can you say squirrel? I know there is High and Low German, and that there are pronunciation differences to be had in both. English does have the same problem. However, there is still a correct way to pronounce something whether we like it or not.

Many Americans will pronounce Foyer as it is spelled, however it is a French word, and it is pronounced Foy yay by most of the rest of the English speaking world.  (Granted that is starting to change after seeing a few more home renno shows than I would like). Some east coast northern and southern Americans will say Dactor instead of Doctor, or Sari instead of Sorry, Rough instead of Roof, as Canadians will say Aboot or A boat instead of AbOUT.  There is a correct way of pronouncing words even when factoring regional and international dialects. Talk to Australians and some southern US neighbours and ask them to say Crown, and it sounds like they want you to pass them a coloured wax pencil called a Crayon. Or a sack of Ice sounds like a sack of Alpha Sierra Sierra.

If I asked you to pronounce the word Quay, I would not be surprised if you said it as it is spelled, when in fact it is correctly pronounced as KEY.  If I asked you to pronounce Shire, you would be correct  to say it as spelled, but if I asked you to say Devonshire, it would be correctly pronounced Devonsure.

English is a very nuanced language, Hooked on Phonics only takes you so far, taking from many languages and integrating it into its own. Often English will try and stay as true to the root language it came from, sometimes it does get bastardised, but you can be assured there is one universal way to pronounce the word that is accepted by academics across the planet.

On thing to note is that High German is considered the correct way to pronounce things, while Low German is a regional dialect that's almost extinct and was mostly spoken in the northern parts of germany.

German dialects are almost as diverse as British dialects and have as much trouble pronouncing certain things correctly, even though they learned the correct pronounciation. It mostly comes down to what media they consume, meaning that most people under the age of 30 speak close to high german these days (or some weird youth slang...)

28 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

It is called Labourday and yes it is a statutory holiday in Canada, and I think some regions of the US.

Huh, thanks for telling me, always good to kown, we have "Bank Holidays" where I live, but it's just one day, I assume the same or is it a bit different? 

Just now, Circle_of_Psi said:

Huh, thanks for telling me, always good to kown, we have "Bank Holidays" where I live, but it's just one day, I assume the same or is it a bit different? 

The words are synonymous. In Canada we call them Stat (Statutory) or Bank holidays.

Hopefully it's not released today because there'll be no time for bug fixes. Should be delayed till next week or the week after to be honest.

1 minute ago, MrToastPrime said:

Hopefully it's not released today because there'll be no time for bug fixes. Should be delayed till next week or the week after to be honest.

So much for "Saint of Altra Coming This Week to PC!" --- immediate notice or just taking down the aforesaid "Coming this Week" would've been appreciated... *Shame~*

15 minutes ago, MrToastPrime said:

no, should be delayed to next month to make sure there is no single bug. In fact, the month after is even better to be honest. 

1 minute ago, HeartPurity said:

no, should be delayed to next month to make sure there is no single bug. In fact, the month after is even better to be honest. 

I'd honestly agree and support that.

2 minutes ago, HeartPurity said:

Someone might lose their job(s) if those bugs were terminated.

Remember that SOME OF US are coming to school this Monday so we won't have much time to play. Even in weekends.

Maybe then not play at all?
Almost a year after the release of harrow when the chance of the system to drop was fixed.