[DE]Helen

Saint of Altra Live on PC!

3 hours ago, Chad327 said:

I can already see Tenno from all over using mostly red for the Flash or blue for Sonic once they get ahold of Gauss. And as an added bonus, you're adding Guitar Hero to the game! Thanks, DE!

I might make a black with blue energy... in reference to Zoom.. 😁

I've gotten riven cache three times as login reward, but since I was already at the 90 cap I wasn't given the slots that are supposed to come with them. Will these be given out retroactively after this update?

Will we get back riven slots from login rewards that we got at slot cap?

This is great and all, but people are leaving. I mean you even just had two big creators leave the partner program. Maybe it's time to start looking at endgame content. Warframe is a great game until your at 200+ hours and you have nothing to do everyday but sorties. This is a real problem you guys are facing, and you need to communicate with your fans about a solution. This is really important and will determine the future success of this game, I believe. So please, with all the respect in the world for this amazing game you have created, give us a reason to stay.

• Like 6

8 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

This is amazing

Also, I'm intrigued by the video's quote "Thermal Sunder siphons kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery while emitting a radial COLD STATUS":

N1Q46AJ.png

With the way the enemies were frozen in the trailer... does this mean the Cold proc is getting reworked? Into a full-on "freeze" effect, instead of a simple slowdown?

I think it was specified in the devstream that Gauss' thermal procs 'stack'. Hitting a cold proc on slowed targets will freeze them, hitting a heat proc on a burning target will... do something else, and mixing heat and cold makes blast.

1 hour ago, PrawiSucia said:

Gauss Mag helmet, Mag Gauss helmet... Are they siblings?

IIRC, Gauss refers to a certain property in physics that relates to both velocity and magnetism. Some games even have 'Gauss rifles' that use a magnetic force to accelerate projectiles to lethal velocity.

Hmm, my first impressions to Gauss:

The most casual frame i ever seen. 

Boring abilitys 

U run against walls. Have I say something to this? 

And, Skins. But Skins are no actual content. 

Oh look, another Deluxe for a rather new Frame. Even DE themself forget there older frames.

Who are you? Akira Toryama forgetting a character ever existed? *sarcasm and bad joke*

On a serious note tho.

Will we ever hear of Zeyphyrs Deluxe again? Yes DE? Rebecca? Anyone?

Edited by Marine027

i wonder who will be the fist to go plaid (AKA: staking wisp's and volt's speed abilities on to gauss)

9 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

Riven Slot Increase: players can now increase their collection of Riven Mods from 90 to 120.

Appreciated.

If feasible, we should be getting +10 every time a new frame is released or +30 every year 🙂

@[DE]Rebecca AWESOME work with that dreadful pronunciation of a famous mans name. Absolutely butchered it. There is a first time for everything I suppose. 

This might help you figure it out. This may give you some context, a snippet from Wikipedia: A coilgun or Gauss rifle is a type of projectile accelerator consisting of one or more coils used as electromagnets in the configuration of a linear motor that accelerate a ferromagnetic or conducting projectile to high velocity.[1] In almost all coilgun configurations, the coils and the gun barrel are arranged on a common axis. It is not a rifle as the barrel is not rifled. The name "Gauss" is in reference to Carl Friedrich Gauss, who formulated mathematical descriptions of the magnetic effect used by magnetic accelerator cannons.

WILL is wrong.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

1 hour ago, TheGlobfather said:

This is great and all, but people are leaving. I mean you even just had two big creators leave the partner program. Maybe it's time to start looking at endgame content. Warframe is a great game until your at 200+ hours and you have nothing to do everyday but sorties. This is a real problem you guys are facing, and you need to communicate with your fans about a solution. This is really important and will determine the future success of this game, I believe. So please, with all the respect in the world for this amazing game you have created, give us a reason to stay.

You have barely scratched the surface or completed ANYTHING but the start chart at 200 plus hours.

8 hours ago, Rydian said:

Mainline is more of a technical term than a design/content term.  It means something along the lines of their latest engine branch (usually for content that needs that engine update to work), so it's likely to have a lot of tweaks and fixes/changes to existing parts of the game too.

(There is more coming than what was in the post, the post is just a teaser.)

Yes, but IIRC it also means a the latter as well. Cuz Fixes/Changes and Engine fixes are not something we can "Play with", thus is not really content, tho I can see your point in that and I do hope there is more then just 3 Content Items coming, cuz we both kown that Gauss/Weapons will be farmed within a few days and the new game-mode now that Umbra Echos been replaced by "Focus Lens" (that no one barely uses). is the new Lua reward, will kill off the game mode real quick. Farm what we need, boom, done.

This lore thing is likely just about a single thing for now, unless they added other frames, like Wisp,

22 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

AWESOME work with that dreadful pronunciation of a famous mans name. Absolutely butchered it. There is a first time for everything I suppose. 

This might help you figure it out.

Well, in-case you didn't "figure it out" he's not named after what ever "Famous" person you've quoted, he is based around the Gauss kinetic energy manipulation, also people call it the way DE have cuz have you ever heard someone calling a Gauss rifle an  Gow-uss?

A coilgun or Gauss rifle is a type of projectile accelerator consisting of one or more coils used as electromagnets in the configuration of a linear motor that accelerate a ferromagnetic or conducting projectile to high velocity

Is what he is based on.

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

On 2019-08-27 at 3:25 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Well, in-case you didn't "figure it out" he's not named after what ever "Famous" person you've quoted, he is based around the Gauss kinetic energy manipulation, also people call it the way DE have cuz have you ever heard someone calling a Gauss rifle an  Gow-uss?

"A coilgun or Gauss rifle is a type of projectile accelerator consisting of one or more coils used as electromagnets in the configuration of a linear motor that accelerate a ferromagnetic or conducting projectile to high velocity"

Is what he is based on.

Psst where do you think they got the name from? Do some research before you make a fool of yourself. To help you, the principles upon which the Warframe, the weapon, and other electromagnetic theories are derived, are from the MAN named Gauss, pronounced Gows, not Gloss. To pronounce it otherwise is downright disrespectful. It would be like me saying your name as Pi- sci instead of Si.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Psst where do you think they got the name from? Do some research before you make a fool of yourself.

I'm making a fool of myself?, alright alright, clam down there, if your really that angry over someone not saying a name right, I'll leave you to it, yeah?

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I'm making a fool of myself?, alright alright, clam down there, if your really that angry over someone not saying a name right, I'll leave you to it, yeah?

Ummm, where did I inject anger into any of my statements? Fabulous projection work there. Now, if you don't like education, there is something to be said for willful ignorance.

So no orbiter rework nor railjack drydock, hm, well maybe that's better that way cause then we'll have a stable update fast !

I'm excited for the Shawzin and the disruption ! Can't wait for it !

1 hour ago, Colyeses said:

IIRC, Gauss refers to a certain property in physics that relates to both velocity and magnetism. Some games even have 'Gauss rifles' that use a magnetic force to accelerate projectiles to lethal velocity.

7 hours ago, TaurusDeRoma said:

Mag and Gauss synergy confirmed.

Wonder what unique interactions there will be.

What makes you two think that they'll have any unique interactions?, I highly doute they went that far into the whole magnetism/magnetic and Velocity mix, I really can't see how they'll work together as A: Their powers (in-game) are completely different and B: Won't that just cuase players to ask for synergy for other frames?, Like example: Forst/Ember? (Fire and Ice)

Be careful what you wish for man.

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What makes you two think that they'll have any unique interactions?, I highly doute they went that far into the whole magnetism/magnetic and Velocity mix, I really can't see how they'll work together as A: Their powers (in-game) are completely different and B: Won't that just cuase players to ask for synergy for other frames?, Like example: Forst/Ember? (Fire and Ice)

Be careful what you wish for man.

A Devstream suggested that Gauss' abilities might/would synergise with other warframes elemental abilities.

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Ummm, where did I inject anger into any of my statements? Fabulous projection work there. Now, if you don't like education, there is something to be said for willful ignorance.

Beats me man, I just wanted to know, why you felt the need to post it in the first place, if I guess goes for everything else eh?, tho lets be real, I think the reason why is cuz is either hard to pounce or avoiding copyright or something (even tho you clearly posted how to)

Just now, CuChulainnWD said:

A Devstream suggested that Gauss' abilities might/would synergise with other warframes elemental abilities.

Hum, well if tats the case then that will be nice, but I have ZERO clue on how that will work in-game wise, I an't no smart boi, cuz History is just so boring for me (ignorance I know...), won't you think allowing Mag and Gauss melding together be really really superfluity OP?

On 2019-08-27 at 3:36 AM, Circle_of_Psi said:

Beats me man, I just wanted to know, why you felt the need to post it in the first place, if I guess goes for everything else eh?, tho lets be real, I think the reason why is cuz is either hard to pounce or avoiding copyright or something (even tho you clearly posted how to)

Hard to pronounce? You can say OUCH! right? You can say OUT? I think just about anyone can say Gows. Copyright? If you ever listened to any University Physic's Science professor pronounce it, you would realise copyright has nothing to do with it. It is a Theory in Physics. It sounds so silly and uneducated to gloss over the name.

Edited by CuChulainnWD