[DE]Helen

Saint of Altra Live on PC!

5 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Hard to pronounce? You can say OUCH! right? You can say OUT? I think just about anyone can say Gowes. Copyright? If you ever listened to any University Physic's Science professor pronounce it, you would realise copyright has nothing to do with it. It is a Theory in Physics. It sounds so silly and uneducated to gloss over the name.

I kown, tho you kown what the Media is like, in all honestly I pefure the way DE said it, tho pretty sure other people pounce if different ways depending on their navigate tongue?, cuz I am petty sure there is 3 ways to say it?, maybe they'll change it down the road, I don;'t know.

2 hours ago, -VS-Equi said:

Hmm, my first impressions to Gauss:

The most casual frame i ever seen. 

Boring abilitys 

U run against walls. Have I say something to this? 

And, Skins. But Skins are no actual content. 

Perhaps some pinball sound effects would spice things up upon collisions. All I see is the Pinball Wizard bouncing from corridor to corridor.

I mean its like my name Psi (to some sounds like Pie) as some are just unable to say Psi right, so each to their own I guess lol.

11 minutes ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I kown, tho you kown what the Media is like, in all honestly I pefure the way DE said it, tho pretty sure other people pounce if different ways depending on their navigate tongue?, cuz I am petty sure there is 3 ways to say it?, maybe they'll change it down the road, I don;'t know.

There is one way to say it, and two butchered ways. It sounds silly to say Goss. I never heard it pronounced that way until DE made it a thing, which is surprising, given they pronounce another German name correctly. Mach. The media would typically do their due diligence and research to get it right.

Edited by CuChulainnWD

1 minute ago, CuChulainnWD said:

There is one way to say it, and two butchered ways. It sounds silly to say Goss. I never heard it pronounced that way until DE made it a thing, which is surprising, given they pronounce another German name correctly. Mach.

Huh...

Well, evey day is a school day I guess.

Tho maybe it just sounded "cooler" to say Goss? *Shurg*

6 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Perhaps some pinball sound effects would spice things up upon collisions. All I see is the Pinball Wizard bouncing from corridor to corridor.

The only thing I'm worried about if they kept the dumb Mach Rush thing, where you can't steer where your going, cuz in tight places, tats gonna be hell. On top of that can Mach Rush regain his Meter if Kinetic Plating is active?, gonna be really lame if not, cuz Gauss sounds like an energy hungry frame and we all kown how that ends.

Cuz not everyone is able to afford overpriced Arcanes 

Edited by Circle_of_Psi

1 minute ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Huh...

Well, evey day is a school day I guess.

Tho maybe it just sounded "cooler" to say Goss? *Shurg*

Well that is definitely a matter of taste. To me it sounds absolutely silly, and disrespectful to the man from which the Warframe is named in honour of.

14 minutes ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Well that is definitely a matter of taste. To me it sounds absolutely silly, and disrespectful to the man from which the Warframe is named in honour of.

touch'e

It's depressing to think back to that whiteboard 'roadmap' from the start of the year that Steve made. 

An alright update on its own, but in the context of this being the first real content drop since late May, and the last one before that one was what, early March? If this rate is anything to go by, you'll understand if we dread that we won't see even one of the major three until late December, and the completion of the other two will drag on until late fall of next year. Please for the love of god prove me wrong. 

Monster Hunter World's 'Iceborne' expansion hits PC January 2nd. War Within, Empyrean, Duviri - can you get any of them out before that? 

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, Tauni said:

Monster Hunter World's 'Iceborne' expansion hits PC January 2nd. War Within, Empyrean, Duviri - can you get any of them out before that? 

An big NOPE is to that qeastion my freind

1: Fun but not usefull

2: Decent defensive ability

3: short range cold/heat AoE with cast animation , not usefull at all

4: Attack speed, Movement speed and Firerate buff. ( something what wisp can apply to all teammates with 1/3 of her first ability. ) nothing special.

Passiv: shield charging rate. straight up useless

looks cool , but will be mostly a gimic Warframe.

By the look of it: they put more time into the animations and his look than into his viability as a Warframe it feels like they created him with no other Warframes in mind. I mean he gets outperformed by almost every other Warframes in the game by the look of his abilities.

Edited by -.VH.-Attila
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, -Cephalon_Cody- said:

Edit: also freeze sounds good on paper but frozen enemies are immune to status, and fires a mediocre crowd control unless fighting fully stripped targets.

I'd normally try and upvote this except freeze should no longer pause status after the mainline.

31 minutes ago, -.VH.-Attila said:

1: Fun but not usefull

2: Decent defensive ability

3: short range cold/heat AoE with cast animation , not usefull at all

4: Attack speed, Movement speed and Firerate buff. ( something what wisp can apply to all teammates with 1/3 of her first ability. ) nothing special.

Passiv: shield charging rate. straight up useless

looks cool , but will be mostly a gimic Warframe.

By the look of it: they put more time into the animations and his look than into his viability as a Warframe it feels like they created him with no other Warframes in mind. I mean he gets outperformed by almost every other Warframes in the game by the look of his abilities.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

13 hours ago, SortaRandom said:

This is amazing

Also, I'm intrigued by the video's quote "Thermal Sunder siphons kinetic energy from the area, charging the battery while emitting a radial COLD STATUS":

N1Q46AJ.png

With the way the enemies were frozen in the trailer... does this mean the Cold proc is getting reworked? Into a full-on "freeze" effect, instead of a simple slowdown?

If you see his ability demo in previous devstream, pressing 3 will proc Cold which slows down enemies. Pressing 3 aagain after will freeze the enemies. Sorry, no proc rework.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

This week on PC

I hope this mainline also fixed the kuva guardians trolling us of not dropping their weapons when hit by void blast and continue to hit us.

55 minutes ago, -.VH.-Attila said:

23 minutes ago, RWBY-WhiteRose said:

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I'm sorry that Gauss is unable to press 4 to win, not every frame can be a Mesa or Excal that can wipe clean the whole map within just a few key strokes, but I guess this goes the same for Limbo/Volt/Ivara/Mag/Nekros/Zypher/Nyx/Hildryn right?

1 hour ago, Swagernator22663 said:

What are people thanking for ? 

Not sure what you mean, but you have fokes who'll thank even for a hotfix, so its up for you to decide.

Unless you mean something else?

2 hours ago, Tauni said:

War Within had its release date announced for December this year, IIRC. And Empyrean is slated for this fall. 

Yes, mainline updates have slowed down, but if you keep in mind that all three of these projects have been in the works for quite some time now, doesn't that make sense? The mainlines are slowing down because resources are diverted to the larger projects. I would consider it possible that this mainline contains a lot of behind-the-scenes deployment for Empyrean. Who knows, it might even come with the Drydock, in preparation for Railjack's release. 

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

An big NOPE is to that qeastion my freind

Well that's... a big sack of bull.

Empyrean is autumn, so one-two months, and New War is Christmas.

5 hours ago, TheGlobfather said:

This is great and all, but people are leaving. I mean you even just had two big creators leave the partner program. Maybe it's time to start looking at endgame content. Warframe is a great game until your at 200+ hours and you have nothing to do everyday but sorties. This is a real problem you guys are facing, and you need to communicate with your fans about a solution. This is really important and will determine the future success of this game, I believe. So please, with all the respect in the world for this amazing game you have created, give us a reason to stay.

i agree with your point about adding more longlasting content but i'd rather they work more on whats here to make it attractive for replayability.

secondly if you did read Steve's tweet...the team isnt sitting on their asses waiting for things to change...they have their hands full and DE thankfully, is one of the game developers that dont suffer from crunch.

lastly...ive never heard of a game that depended on YouTubers to survive...sure word of mouth is a thing, but when it comes from 2 small, not well known channels, one of which sounds like a toxic Minecraft player with him hounding other YouTubers and making fun of their viewers? Im thankful they left...after IFlynn's genuine departure video its like the 2 of them just jumped on the bandwagon while stirring up as much as they can...i swear if they end up returning to Warframe again it'd just prove my and many others point...they do it for the clicks...Reaper Hunter specifically says hes angry because there isnt anything in Warframe to make money off of (who the hell wants to watch Rooster Teeth tier messups in Warframe...). If you "need money", then branch out and make videos of another game and stop sugar coating your words with fluff and just make a YouTube post saying "i quit, have a nice day" instead of a 10-30 minute video filled with repetitive nonsense and outright harrassment of other channels that are doing better than you.

Theres already Brozime...the loreguy whose name i cant remember...Tactical Potato...EGS...AGGP...Rahe...BNP...Ordinary and many others that provide all there is for Warframe from update info, breakdowns/speculations, S#&$posting and lore summaries...in all my years playing from beta till now ive never heard of Reaper Hunter or Rio until this debocle started popping up.

And really if anything its their channel viewers that need to chill and lay off of Warframe for awhile if they think everyone needs to know about Reaper Hunter or Rio when the latter sounds toxic as hell just by viewing one video while the other suggests content to make Rooster Teeth tier gags for money...from Reddit, the forums posts, YouTube comments to even in the game...just lay off and dont play if all you have to say is "REEEEEE YOURE A BAD USER FOR NOT ACKNOWLEDGING MY FAVOURITE MAKER OF VIDEOS!!! SHAME ON YOU DE SUPPORTER".

12 minutes ago, iLightning13 said:

Well that's... a big sack of bull.

Empyrean is autumn, so one-two months, and New War is Christmas.

You keep bealiveing that, this is why people never get too excited, only to be excited and let down, I've been told by a few people here, that you are only setting yourself up to be dispointed and guess what?, its already happens with the lack of actual content in this Mainline, is there more that we don't kown, like Railjack stuff?, who knows, they are keeping a tight lid on it, but my bet?, NOPE.

Its not confirmed that they on that EXACT date, DE NEVER give out EXACT on the spot dates, its just a "Maybe" "We Hope" so all in all honesty you are wrong. I can guarantee you that New War won't be out until next year, due to we're JUST getting Mainline. (after the long wait from the Tennocon that was teasing it all).

If New War comes out this year?, feel free to come back in that time frame and prove me wrong

3 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Not all parts of the world pronounce names the same way. Gauss is an old german name, obviously only in regions where german is common will it be pronounced as gous. In the english speaking parts of the world aswell as those with english as their second language it will be more common to hear gaus, or to simplify it, gaws, a pronounciation resembling that of saws, jaws, maws and similar words.

Never at any point should it be pronounced as anything like gowes, because there is no E near it. Gows can possibly work in some dialects.

Edited by SneakyErvin

11 minutes ago, Yakozaki said:

many others that provide all there is for Warframe from update info, breakdowns/speculations, naughty posting and lore summaries...in all my years playing from beta till now ive never heard of Reaper Hunter or Rio until this debacle started popping up.

Din't Hunter say this excat thing that "them" you listed are legit doing random trash JUST to keep a roof over their house and keep their subs?, pretty sure he did. And I mean no offence of course, but if you not heard much about it, then well first of all, good for you, cuz it gets tiresome, but also do a little research, this has been going for years.

Also to your qeastion, the "Lore Guy" it depends on who you mean, DK the overly hyperactive dude or the guy who does full detailed lore videos, called: StallordD (there is another but he does other lore stuff) DADEFUYE MEDIA.

The guys you listed, are only strong for Warframe in one way, I will...NOT going into it HERE, but you are free to drop me DM (or if you have discord dip me a DM, if you REALLY want to hear)

4 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Hard to pronounce? You can say OUCH! right? You can say OUT? I think just about anyone can say Gowes. Copyright? If you ever listened to any University Physic's Science professor pronounce it, you would realise copyright has nothing to do with it. It is a Theory in Physics. It sounds so silly and uneducated to gloss over the name.

I agree, Gauss, House, Spouse, Louse, Mouse, It's pretty simple

"Gow-s" ( ɡaʊs ) :

220px-Carl_Friedrich_Gauss_1840_by_Jense

"Gawse" ( ɡɔːs ) :

200px-Whin_or_Gorse.JPG

Edited by SilentMobius
  • Like 1