[DE]Helen

Saint of Altra Live on PC!

I have 2 things to talk :

- First Gauss power : please make somthing different to keep the course active (like holding  the sprint key)  than keeping the key hold, for keybord player it will be a pain to move AND hold the 1 key.

- For Dojo : Can we have some capacity cost change for hold decoration (the old one cost 3 point, the new one 1 point) ? and same for some personal decoration too (plush/ayatan scultur cost 25 points when the moving corpus  vacum cost only 5 point)

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Not all parts of the world pronounce names the same way. Gauss is an old german name, obviously only in regions where german is common will it be pronounced as gous. In the english speaking parts of the world aswell as those with english as their second language it will be more common to hear gaus, or to simplify it, gaws, a pronounciation resembling that of saws, jaws, maws and similar words.

Never at any point should it be pronounced as anything like gowes, because there is no E near it. Gows can possibly work in some dialects.

Not from the educated English speaking parts of the world you don't. Try not to be Hooked on Phonics too much. It only takes you so far. The name should sound like House, mouse, louse etc. Definitely not Moss floss, gloss, or Goss. My bad on spelling, Ow, not Owe.

Edited by CuChulainnWD
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

15 hours ago, Altair_Flame said:

Will those who had full riven slots on receiving Riven Daily Tribute rewards (particularly the one that also gave three slots), be retroactively receiving those slots now that the cap has been increased?

I sure hope so but we are not the majority and people are way too jealous.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

I can guarantee you that New War won't be out until next year, due to we're JUST getting Mainline. (after the long wait from the Tennocon that was teasing it all).

DE is very confident with these releases (The New War and Railjack) and not to mention it’s already been worked on for years (Steve showed a prototype of Railjack in 2017).

Mainlines usually comes with deactivated future assets or a game engine update for the preparation of a big expansion (Mainline 23.10 is 2GB large for an introduction to Arbitrations that re-uses star chart missions). If DE doesn't do this we might experience worse delays.

17 hours ago, RobWasHere said:

Mag has "Gauss" helmet. Gauss has "Mag" helmet. Pun definitely intended.

Are they somewhat related now? 😂

1 hour ago, Messkoo said:

I have 2 things to talk :

- First Gauss power : please make somthing different to keep the course active (like holding  the sprint key)  than keeping the key hold, for keybord player it will be a pain to move AND hold the 1 key.

it's physics based, you hold one and are moving forward...steer with your mouse.

Posted (edited)

@[DE]Helen with the cap being raised, will players that have already had the 90 capped rivens get their free riven slots from log in rewards given to them?

Edited by Shadedraxe
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Messkoo said:

please make somthing different to keep the course active (like holding  the sprint key)  than keeping the key hold, for keybord player it will be a pain to move AND hold the 1 key.

Left hand: middle finger on [W] and ring finger on [1] ... complain later if it affects any combos on other skills and movement maneuvers... ~ IMO

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, jnuh said:

it's physics based, you hold one and are moving forward...steer with your mouse.

Spoiler

Can confirm, you can see it during the Devstream [38:53].

Edited by Raqiya
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, -Cephalon_Cody- said:

Edit: also freeze sounds good on paper but frozen enemies are immune to status, and fires a mediocre crowd control unless fighting fully stripped targets.

Whole heartedly agree with you there. I’m still waiting for the day that Frost, Atlas, and Gara no longer prevent status procs with their cc.

and heat procs... probably need a complete overhaul. They should just stack like slash and toxic procs do, that’d be a good start.

1 hour ago, DrivaMain said:

DE is very confident with these releases (The New War and Railjack) and not to mention it’s already been worked on for years (Steve showed a prototype of Railjack in 2017).

Mainlines usually comes with deactivated future assets or a game engine update for the preparation of a big expansion (Mainline 23.10 is 2GB large for an introduction to Arbitrations that re-uses star chart missions). If DE doesn't do this we might experience worse delays.

Agreed. Plus, the fact that they have any kind of release time for TNW makes me think that they have it in some kind of done or pseudo-done state but have some other scheduling thing that prevents them from releasing it now.

My money's on Railjack for that, to be honest. Look at how done the actual ship itself is - they even felt confident enough to have all their people on stage and show WIP stuff (the starchart) at the big showcase. I'd be willing to bet they got that done enough at some point near the end of TNW's development that they could rework it around having a Railjack, which is something they said they'd like to do but there was no guarantee. So, with a mostly-complete TNW and Railjack, they could go all-in on creating the missions aiming to release Empyrean prior to TNW enabling them to polish off any sneakier bugs, so that when TNW comes out they can have it bug-free and get some release window hype at the same time. Not a bad plan, IMO, if that's indeed what happened.

9 hours ago, Colyeses said:

IIRC, Gauss refers to a certain property in physics that relates to both velocity and magnetism. Some games even have 'Gauss rifles' that use a magnetic force to accelerate projectiles to lethal velocity.

I mean Mag and Gauss

30 minutes ago, PrawiSucia said:

I mean Mag and Gauss

Well, that's the link. Mag is the Warframe that revolves around magnetic powers, and Gauss is a frame revolving around velocity. Their themes intersect in the work of the real life mathematician Gauss, as it's through his discoveries that you can use magnetism to accelerate projectiles. That's the link between Gauss and Mag. 

19 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

So all in all, the update looks pretty decent, however I'll like to point out that the only items that are classed as "Content" are the following:

• Gauss/Weapons
  •  Disruption Overhall
  • Welcome To The Leverian

The rest of the items shipping are QOL changes/updates and a skin (dojo decors), the QOL and skins are a hotfix sized update and the latter is an "TENNO REINFORCEMENTS" update, just with a Warframe, rather then a single weapon or two. So I whuold like to understand why this is classed as a Mainline update when the rest seem half and half of what I just said.

Overall, I am looking forward to Gauss and Weapons and the Lervrian thing, but I can't help but be really in the lack of either Information or lack of content in this update, I will not hold my breath, but there is some speculations that the "Much More" quoted by Reb, is maybe Railjack stuff or something else, like the Drydock/Ship Rework.

I guess this is what a Mainline update is, to some people and my fear is that the definition of mainline is not what it seems.

Animated GIF

Ah shiet,you’re gonna find a complaint anyway! Keep it up! 

28 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

Well, that's the link. Mag is the Warframe that revolves around magnetic powers, and Gauss is a frame revolving around velocity. Their themes intersect in the work of the real life mathematician Gauss, as it's through his discoveries that you can use magnetism to accelerate projectiles. That's the link between Gauss and Mag. 

But I prefer them being siblings or twins than scientifically related in real life.

4 hours ago, Yakozaki said:

"REEEEEE YOURE A BAD USER FOR NOT ACKNOWLEDGING MY FAVOURITE MAKER OF VIDEOS!!! SHAME ON YOU DE SUPPORTER".

Really, that's what you got out of my comment?

9 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

You have barely scratched the surface or completed ANYTHING but the start chart at 200 plus hours.

You're right there is no content problem in Warframe, everything is FINE.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Shadedraxe said:

Whole heartedly agree with you there. I’m still waiting for the day that Frost, Atlas, and Gara no longer prevent status procs with their cc.

and heat procs... probably need a complete overhaul. They should just stack like slash and toxic procs do, that’d be a good start.

Ahem.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, CuChulainnWD said:

Not from the educated English speaking parts of the world you don't. Try not to be Hooked on Phonics too much. It only takes you so far. The name should sound like House, mouse, louse etc. Definitely not Moss floss, gloss, or Goss. My bad on spelling, Ow, not Owe.

Yes even the educated english speaking parts will say it more like goss, gows or gaws because that is the natural thing to do. Just as people that are named Strauss and live in english speaking countring often sounds like they present themselves as Mr. Straws and not Mr. Strouse. They simply dont live with the small dialect variances that a german would, so that which is natural in the actual german core of a word or name isnt so natural in other places. It may even differ between provinces within germany, just as local dialects do everywhere else.

So gaws, goss, gows or some variation in between works perfectly well. If you are german or austrian you probably pronounce it differently, atleast when not talking to an english speaker. Just as I as a swede says Tor (pronounced Toor) when talking to other scands whil using the short and I'm-a-cat-and-someone-stepped-on-my-tail english Thor when talking to others.

15 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

What makes you two think that they'll have any unique interactions?, I highly doute they went that far into the whole magnetism/magnetic and Velocity mix, I really can't see how they'll work together as A: Their powers (in-game) are completely different and B: Won't that just cuase players to ask for synergy for other frames?, Like example: Forst/Ember? (Fire and Ice)

Be careful what you wish for man.

It was more of a joke on how Mag has an alt helmet that Gauss is named after, and that Gauss has an alt helm named after Mag, but yeah, frame ability interactions would really help with the whole teamwork aspect of the game, after the enemies get a much deserved buff and an AI overhaul.

Maybe when Volt gives Gauss a speed buff, he'll break the sound barrier and make enemies deaf as a quasi-permanent debuff.

21 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

WELCOME TO THE LEVERIAN

Delve deep into the history behind the ultimate speedster Gauss and his signature gear. More Warframes will be joining the exhibit, so to all you Origin System archivists, check back soon!

What is the leverian have i missed something?

Posted (edited)
21 hours ago, [DE]Helen said:

New Rewards

• Earn Kuva in Kuva Fortress Disruption Missions or uncover the new Universal Syndicate Medallion, found in all Disruption nodes (except Mars) to gain 1,000 Standing with any of the core 6 Syndicates

Maybe it's me but unless this universal medallion doesn't cause the negative rep on the 'enemy syndicate' then these are pretty much useless to me and I'd guess most other players that are likely to dedicate a lot of time to disruption and are as such the target for these nodes (ie 'end gamers') will be in the same situation of having maxed out their syndicates and have nothing else to buy from them....

I have 4 maxed syndicates, I've actually done all 6 and I'm 99.9999% certain I've bought all of the items (I might need to buy a buy the room skin or captura on a negative syndicate) they currently sell and the only thing I'd like to do, as an mr27, is be able to max out all 6 syndicates and not have them go negative anymore...

If these universal medallions only give 1k and still work the same as the existing medallions they're about as useful as a common vitality mod imo. 

This really does seem like the usual conflict of targeting higher tier players with content and then making the rewards better suited to a lower level of player.

Edited by LSG501
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, LSG501 said:

Maybe it's me but unless this universal medallion doesn't cause the negative rep on the 'enemy syndicate' then these are pretty much useless to me and I'd guess most other players that are likely to dedicate a lot of time to disruption and are as such the target for these nodes (ie 'end gamers') will be in the same situation of having maxed out their syndicates and have nothing else to buy from them....

If they caused the negative rep, wouldn't that mean they would lower your standing with all syndicates? So I'm guessing they don't. It does seem, with these tokens, it would be possible (through enough disruption) to raise all 6 to max at once...

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Yes, but IIRC it also means a the latter as well.

No, I just covered that.  There is often game content that has not released yet because it requires something in the mainline update that's not out yet.  That's where people started making the association I guess.

10 hours ago, Circle_of_Psi said:

Cuz Fixes/Changes and Engine fixes are not something we can "Play with", thus is not really content

As I just stated, "mainline" does not mean "content", it is a technical term for their engine/branch/build state.

• Like 1