Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is a Volt Rework in the Mix?

Fenrir121

I mean his 2 is really garbage except in very specific situations (in my opinion). He's my most used frame and his whole thing was lightning and speed, and now you've made gauss which kind of takes his thing as the fast frame. Its a bit silly really, you've got him in the intro cinematic moving so fast that time around him is slowing down but even with maximized sprint with his 2 active he still won't be as fast as Gauss.

Just give him ball lightning that he can shoot at to shock mobs. Gets rid of a bad 2, the anger it creates when other players crash into walls, and really grants him the "potent alternative to gun-play."

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I feel like they should just take the “fast” part from Volt & just have him more about electricity and synergize around it a bit more. A little less The Flash & more of Thor I suppose. 

That would be better. Gauss feels a bit of a slap in the face to be honest. Taking something from another frame's kit and making a better version feels bad.

13 minutes ago, Fenrir121 said:

I mean his 2 is really garbage except in very specific situations

Even if you're dissatisfied with the amount of Sprint Speed it gives
(which I'm kinda agreeing with, I'd like to see, say, an increased effect for just Volt),
combined with the Melee and Reload buffs, I'd say there's few situations indeed where it's useless.

16 minutes ago, Fenrir121 said:

ball lightning

While I do have a soft spot for a nice ball lightning, replacing a fine ability like Speed seems a bit ludicrous to me.

Maybe add a charge function to his 4 that creates a long-lasting mega-Tesla basically, I'd use that all the time 😄

But honestly, asking for a rework for a strong, versatile, and not least IMO immensely fun Frame, just nah.

12 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Even if you're dissatisfied with the amount of Sprint Speed it gives
(which I'm kinda agreeing with, I'd like to see, say, an increased effect for just Volt),
combined with the Melee and Reload buffs, I'd say there's few situations indeed where it's useless.

While I do have a soft spot for a nice ball lightning, replacing a fine ability like Speed seems a bit ludicrous to me.

Maybe add a charge function to his 4 that creates a long-lasting mega-Tesla basically, I'd use that all the time 😄

But honestly, asking for a rework for a strong, versatile, and not least IMO immensely fun Frame, just nah.

The speed gimmick is total crap now, he even has crazy low armor because he was supposed to be the fastest frame. Asking for a rework because some of his basic functionality is out of date is not "just nah".

This isn't even mentioning that so many players were annoyed by Volt's speed "buff" that they implemented a mechanic to get out of it.

Edited by Fenrir121

volt is fine.  he's one of the most useful and op frames there is.

his speed is still better than gauss.  remember, nezha is also faster than volt, but it doesn't matter.  volt gives speed to allies which is the key for running relics (along with wisp, but she is a totally different frame that doesn't contend with volt).  gauss also doesn't take corners like volt does, which means, if you thought several boards were a pain to navigate with volt, go ahead and try it with gauss, you"ll probably swear him off on those boards.

volt also eidolon metas and eso metas.

he is literally the single most useful meta frame there is whether you main him or not because he metas all the important stuff that people need to farm forever, and also is the meta for relics which is your best reguLar plat farm.

don't get me wrong, i don't main volt, but i use him a lot just because he is so useful.

leave volt alone, stop trying to buff S tier frames.  this is such nonsense and just one more reason why the forums are increasingly cancerous as the years pass... everyone wanting buffs in a game that is already easier than candy crush.

the game is already too easy, and you want even more buffs and frankly, guass isn't even here yet and you're demanding he be set above/apart from him... it's total nonsense.

Edited by Klokwerkaos
  • Like 2

Funny, another delusionally useless rework post. Volt doesn't need a rework, he already has a powerful kit, your dissatisfaction with speed is a non-issue. Can we actually muster some compassion for Vauban, Ember, Zephyr, Titania, Atlas or even Revenant? They take priority over almost any other Warframe in terms of much needed attention.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fenrir121 said:

I mean his 2 is really garbage except in very specific situations (in my opinion). He's my most used frame and his whole thing was lightning and speed, and now you've made gauss which kind of takes his thing as the fast frame. Its a bit silly really, you've got him in the intro cinematic moving so fast that time around him is slowing down but even with maximized sprint with his 2 active he still won't be as fast as Gauss.

Just give him ball lightning that he can shoot at to shock mobs. Gets rid of a bad 2, the anger it creates when other players crash into walls, and really grants him the "potent alternative to gun-play."

I disagree, while some people might not enjoy speed, you can opt out of it by rolling. Aside form that most enjoy the speed buff to their movement, reload and melee speed. Unlike, guass, the speed can be given to teammates, and it has more mobility, as you can make more acute turns, instead of having to turn it on and off again. Ultimately Volt is the electricity frame with a speed Ability. It's fine. Maybe we don't have to be so hung up on his speed, and make his 1 and 4 more appealing. For instance, his 1 could weaken enemies (ex: 30% extra damage) and his 4 could literally just have it's stun duration Increased. 

Problem is reworking the speed makes him useless to people who use him mostly for speed (including me). Plus, speed isn't that bad, extra melee speed is nice to have if you use a slow weapon, and if I'm correct, really powerful with the zenistar disc speed.

Edit : His 4 could have some thunder cloud effects with it for Volt Prime, be pretty cool. Passive could get a bigger cap depending on power strength.

Edited by (XB1)LordZonut

1 hour ago, (XB1)LordZonut said:

Problem is reworking the speed makes him useless to people who use him mostly for speed (including me). Plus, speed isn't that bad, extra melee speed is nice to have if you use a slow weapon, and if I'm correct, really powerful with the zenistar disc speed.

Edit : His 4 could have some thunder cloud effects with it for Volt Prime, be pretty cool. Passive could get a bigger cap depending on power strength.

I think people also forget the reload speed it gives. 

9 hours ago, Fenrir121 said:

The speed gimmick is total crap now

In what way? Because there's a Frame or two that might have a slight advantage in pure forward movement?

So what if Speed is a bit weaker than that, if increased movement speed is useful on those Frames, it's also useful on Volt. 

Plus again, there's more to Speed than just running faster.

some of his basic functionality is out of date

How so, what is actually wrong with Volt? In what way is he not working out for you?

Because on my end, he's quite fun and effective still. *shrug*

crazy low armor

The Prime has 100 Armor at least, coupled with decent Health and high Shields, he's not that frail really,
use his damage + CC abilities, his Electric Shield, maybe the Capacitance Augment / Arcane Guardian / Adaptation / ...

He's far from being the most squishy Frame around, and he always did just fine for me, at least up to e.g. Sortie 3 / Tridolons level content.

The only thing I'd change is removing energy consumption when moving with his shield. I mean it's already a 50 energy cast, and a duration based ability. And the shield is greatly reduced in this size when picked up. 

Adding energy cost for moving with it seems unfair at this point, or make it a channeled ability and remove the duration (only when pick up) considering, for lore/balance that Volt's energy continue to feed it so it stays up

• Like 1

To be honest, I don't think there needs to be just one speedster frame in the game, much like there doesn't need to be just one healer, or one shield-oriented frame (e.g. Harrow or Hildryn). Even with Gauss around, he and Vault have clearly different niches and applications for their speed, as Gauss's is self-oriented and linear, whereas Volt's speed buff is more flexible and team-oriented. I do agree that Volt's Speed could use some changes, namely one to make it opt-in, rather than opt-out (a lot of players visibly don't like being lurched into faster movement), but reworking the effect entirely I think goes a tad overboard.

Edited by Teridax68

5 hours ago, Tatann said:

The only thing I'd change is removing energy consumption when moving with his shield. I mean it's already a 50 energy cast, and a duration based ability. And the shield is greatly reduced in this size when picked up. 

Adding energy cost for moving with it seems unfair at this point, or make it a channeled ability and remove the duration (only when pick up) considering, for lore/balance that Volt's energy continue to feed it so it stays up

I like this one

• Like 1

Well eventually I've got a feelin he'll be in the shop. Maybe they can make speed more viable. However with all the speed buffs in the game it still feels like a one off ability with little versatility. I mean wisp has a far superior version that she can just plop wherever. In my opinion, as it stands now, the speed aspect of Volt has been done better by other frames and leaves it feeling a little stale.

Volt clearly needs rework, as his speed ability affects other players in a bad way. Most Volts just mindlessly put 200+ str and think, that broken animation and hitting every obstacle in the game, that consists mostly of long narrow spaces with obstacles, is good not only for them, but also for their squadmates. Even DE had added backflip gimmick SPECIFICALLY to remove Volt's 2. Which does not save, as most Volts like to recast their debuff again and again.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I feel like they should just take the “fast” part from Volt & just have him more about electricity and synergize around it a bit more. A little less The Flash & more of Thor I suppose. 

I'd love to see that, a storm king, electric tones with really powerful sounds.

I don't care about Gauss being the fastest either, I just didn't like him having a good synergy between skills while Volt is still a monoskill, build for one and forget about the rest, until today I try to do something hybrid but it doesn't work, which made me distance from it since new Warframes tend to have better synergy and more build varieties.

Spoiler

Edited by Peter
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Peter said:

I'd love to see that, a storm king, electric tones with really powerful sounds.

I don't care about Gauss being the fastest either, I just didn't like him having a good synergy between skills while Volt is still a monoskill, build for one and forget about the rest, until today I try to do something hybrid but it doesn't work, which made me distance from it since new Warframes tend to have better synergy and more build varieties.

Hide contents

Pretty much sums it up. He's got a little synergy but most of the skills feel disconnected and a frame based around electricity should not feel like that even a little. I mean speed does nothing for any of his other skills, discharge right now has a few hiccups where it does 0 damage in some instances, and the synergy where you hit a "tesla coil" with his 1 needs to be beefed up if its still going to consume energy.

People can plug their ears if they want and ignore his glaring problems, but he doesn't live up to his description or the playstyle that warframe is moving towards and he certainly doesn't offer "a potent alternative to gunplay".

Edited by Fenrir121

17 hours ago, Klokwerkaos said:

volt is fine.  he's one of the most useful and op frames there is.

his speed is still better than gauss.  remember, nezha is also faster than volt, but it doesn't matter.  volt gives speed to allies which is the key for running relics (along with wisp, but she is a totally different frame that doesn't contend with volt).  gauss also doesn't take corners like volt does, which means, if you thought several boards were a pain to navigate with volt, go ahead and try it with gauss, you"ll probably swear him off on those boards.

volt also eidolon metas and eso metas.

he is literally the single most useful meta frame there is whether you main him or not because he metas all the important stuff that people need to farm forever, and also is the meta for relics which is your best reguLar plat farm.

don't get me wrong, i don't main volt, but i use him a lot just because he is so useful.

leave volt alone, stop trying to buff S tier frames.  this is such nonsense and just one more reason why the forums are increasingly cancerous as the years pass... everyone wanting buffs in a game that is already easier than candy crush.

the game is already too easy, and you want even more buffs and frankly, guass isn't even here yet and you're demanding he be set above/apart from him... it's total nonsense.

No one's asking for buffs, and thats a serious distinction. If you think games shouldn't evolve their gameplay over the years why don't you go ask how MMO sub numbers are running. Warframe *constantly* updates their frames to compete with new content and new playstyles, pointing out a problem or talking about it in the community is one of the reasons for having forums in the first place.

You think volt is OP now? Hope you weren't around when Volt could flush an entire map in one move.

Edited by Fenrir121

2 hours ago, Fenrir121 said:

No one's asking for buffs, and thats a serious distinction. If you think games shouldn't evolve their gameplay over the years why don't you go ask how MMO sub numbers are running. Warframe *constantly* updates their frames to compete with new content and new playstyles, pointing out a problem or talking about it in the community is one of the reasons for having forums in the first place.

You think volt is OP now? Hope you weren't around when Volt could flush an entire map in one move.

that's like saying "what about nuke trin!?!?!?!" yeah, obviously the devs got it even more wrong in the past.

that means very little when you compare the challenge level of the game to the power level of the player.  the problem is systematic, and with that context, it does not follow that volt needs attention.

really the only frames that need a good scrub are ember and vauban.  the case can be made for revenant, but he's really fine, except that he's too slow and not very useful in most use cases.

Edited by Klokwerkaos

18 minutes ago, Klokwerkaos said:

that's like saying "what about nuke trin!?!?!?!" yeah, obviously the devs got it even more wrong in the past.

that means very little when you compare the challenge level of the game to the power level of the player.  the problem is systematic, and with that context, it does not follow that volt needs attention.

really the only frames that need a good scrub are ember and vauban.  the case can be made for revenant, but he's really fine, except that he's too slow and not very useful in most use cases.

Doesn't change or address really anything that's been discussed here. No one's asking for buffs period and the forums are being used appropriately in this topic. You claimed the frame was OP and it isn't. Furthermore it has no where near the synergy newer frames have which was the point, that it needs to be updated to current standards.

Thematically his synergy has been adopted by other frames. Mechanically, because of how the damage is calculated, his abilities can end up doing 0 damage for several ticks. There's no synergy for his 2, at all, and the synergy that exists between the other skills is so underwhelming or useless that most players don't even bother using them and if they are in high level missions they're wasting energy.

Yes there are systematic issues, yes there's work to be done yet on the game (Feel free to make your own thread addressing that), there always will be, and none of what you said address any problems with the frame. Yea Gauss isn't out yet, but his inception means that any synergy for volt and his "speed" has basically been moved to another frame. Volt still has the same basic set up he had at release, so like it or not it needs a bit of shine.

Edited by Fenrir121