Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ObsidianG

Leverian?

Question

Anyone got any idea what that is? I didn't really keep up with all the news from the past few weeks and I just read about it now in the latest post from the site announcing the new update. 

They Could always just shove it in a codex entry so I'm assuming this'll be a little more than just a lore dump.

9 hours ago, Loza03 said:

Voice narrated entries takes more time and effort than written entries alone.

Hey if Ballas is the one narrating the Leverian just like the Prime Access Trailers, that would be majestic.

24 minutes ago, FerockQuartz said:

Do agree... we get to hunt specific items or perform task(s) in order for us to unlock a display (theory)... SWL is slightly coming back to me though...

The interesting thing now is that all reference of Leverian seems to have been removed from the Saint of Altra announcement. 

I do wonder what this means, or if it's been stealthily yeeted away. 

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

From its description it's there was of adding lore to frames without making actual quest for the frames since they just pump them out at this point.

That definitely sounds about right. Hell, it could go beyond 'frames, too, and give us lore on like... who we should kill for designing the Stug, or whatever.

1 minute ago, Duality52 said:

Hey if Ballas is the one narrating the Leverian just like the Prime Access Trailers, that would be majestic.

No doubt about it, but...

Well, Hydroid Prime Trailer. He's a professional, not easy to get in frequently.

if I have to scan some microscopic piece of bs hidden in random missions a million times just to get it, I will lose my temper

It's basically a historical Museum. In Warframe's case (maybe in the future) about Frames history.

11 minutes ago, sleepychewbacca said:

The interesting thing now is that all reference of Leverian seems to have been removed from the Saint of Altra announcement.

I'll be patient on this as for now... ever since that word popped up didn't even had a really strong detail to begin with... Gauss mustn't fail me this weekend!

WELCOME TO THE LEVERIAN

Delve deep into the history behind the ultimate speedster Gauss and his signature gear. More Warframes will be joining the exhibit, so to all you Origin System archivists, check back soon!

@sleepychewbacca here's your missing reference...

Hmmm it's described as an exhibit, hope whatever this is it has great presentation. Also maybe give us some lore on the original host for each warframe? The sacrifice was great quest and has been making me wonder what the story behind each frame as many were subject to the project unwilling or voluntarily.

It could (should?) be where DE put lore about various warframes/weapons/etc. To include how to/where to farm them! There is nothing (maybe missed it?) in game that explains the new frames and how to get them. Must come to DE forums, 3rd party sites, etc. to glean information.

While Warframe partners and 3rd party sites are nice to have and could (should?) include helpful hints, etc. it would be helpful if the very basic information about farming warframes/weapons/etc was in game somewhere...and this Leverian seems a good spot to pick up some basic lore/info.

On 2019-08-27 at 4:14 AM, KnossosTNC said:

It seems to be named after the Leverian Collection, which was a natural history and ethnographic collection from the voyages of Captain James Cook.

My guess is some sort of museum-like exhibit, with some voice narration explaining the lore.

Just bumping this thread to say...

Uh-huh, yeah. Guess who was right on the money?

Me, baby, me.

4 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

Ooh ooh, I hope we get an elemental sub-machine gun that heals you as you shoot something with it.

I hope Moxxi has some new weapons for us in BL3 😉

Well that was a dissapoitment. What looked like a early dev build room with just a floor in. Not even a proper fleshed out lore just what seemed to be a bed time story and we don't even know who the #*!% that geaser is who's talking.

On 2019-08-29 at 7:33 PM, xHeretic said:

Comments that didn't age well

He wasn't a butthead about it.  Said it was his personal opinion.  Also, I wouldn't call a 2 day old comment as aged ya know.  

I like the codex entries better than the narration myself.  You can study it better.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

So what frames and lore is showcased in this Leverian?

Just Gauss, his two signature weapons and his Syandana for now, but more will be added later - or so DE says.

On 2019-08-30 at 10:33 AM, xHeretic said:

Comments that didn't age well

Notice how I said personally.

On 2019-08-30 at 10:57 AM, (XB1)SixGunLove said:

So what frames and lore is showcased in this Leverian?

Only Gauss and his gear right now, but DE did say in the original posting of it that they intend on adding more to it soon.

1 minute ago, Arbie2 said:

Notice how I said personally.

Only Gauss and his gear right now, but DE did say in the original posting of it that they intend on adding more to it soon.

And of course, I didn't notice the button for page 2.
Welp.

6 hours ago, _C.R.E.A.M._ said:

He wasn't a butthead about it.  Said it was his personal opinion.  Also, I wouldn't call a 2 day old comment as aged ya know.  

I like the codex entries better than the narration myself.  You can study it better.

was a joke dude, chill

Its a Museum of lost earth history in virtual reality featuring Gauss as the main exhibit. Dreamy like something you dream't of a long time ago.

6 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

It seems to be named after the Leverian Collection, which was a natural history and ethnographic collection from the voyages of Captain James Cook.

My guess is some sort of museum-like exhibit, with some voice narration explaining the lore.

I personally doubt that it'll have voice narration, at least at first, but lore is lore, regardless of the format.

6 hours ago, KnossosTNC said:

with some voice narration explaining the lore.

I'd prefer it if they didn't, so they're more able to make more of it.

Voice narrated entries takes more time and effort than written entries alone.

From its description it's there was of adding lore to frames without making actual quest for the frames since they just pump them out at this point.

2 minutes ago, Lokidus_Prime said:

Has anyone figured out what donating to Leverian does aside from just being a literal credit sink?

I assume it will become the way you unlock new entries (when they add them).