Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Increase the rewards for Nightwave Prestige Tiers

Stormandreas

As we all know with Nightwave, once you reach rank 30, you can keep ranking and get the Prestige Tier rewards. Every single one of these is 15 Creds.

However, this is a pretty poor reward to even keep bothering with Nightwave once you reach 30. Why is that?

Well, throughout Nightwave (at least this season, Season 2 - The Emissary), we earn a total of 400 Creds. There's 1 instance of 150 Creds, and 5 instances of 50. Every instance requires 10k standing to collect.
Once we prestige, every instance (10k standing), only gives us 15 creds. That means in a single week, we can earn a total of 43,500 standing. That's a grand total of... DUN DUH DUH DAAH!... 60 Creds... Wow... big woop.

With 43.5k standing, we can rank up 4 times in Nightwave, which, given the right circumstances, net us 100 Creds, a cool skin, and an exclusive mod.
With 43.5k standing in prestige, we rank up 4 times, and get 60 creds. That's 40 less than in the middle of Nightwave, and we lose out on a Skin and Mod (which, comparing to Nightwave Cred Offerings, is worth roughly another 50-60 creds).
So by only offering 15 Creds for Nightwave Prestige, we actually lose on over 100 Creds every week compared to the entire standard set of tiers throughout Nightwave. This isn't helped by the fact we lose these Creds if there are any left over when the Nightwave ends, so if we can't earn enough, too bad, we're pot out of luck and lose our time spent.

I'd say if we earned maybe 30-40 Creds per rank, instead of 15, we'd then get 120-160 Creds from 1 full week of challenges, which is EXTREMELY inticing to do, especially given we can get Catalysts, Reactors, Helmets, Aura's, and most importantly, KUVA AND NITAIN!

TL;DR - Up the rewards for Nightwave Prestige Ranks from 15 creds to at least 30 Creds per rank, making it more enticing to continue on Prestige Tiers.

EDIT: As has been noted in the comments, I am not comparing standard Rank 30 in Nightwave to Prestige rank 30 in Nightwave. Why is this? Because it's impossible to get.
We have, at most, about 11 weeks of Nightwave.
7.5 of those take us to Standard Rank 30 (400 Creds)
we now have 3.5 weeks at most in Prestiging. At 15 Creds per rank, that gives us Rank 10 (nearly 11), and 150 Creds. That's pretty damn poor for the work put in if you ask me.

Edited by Stormandreas

Looked at differently...

We earn 400 credits over 30 ranks of NW.  After you prestige, you earn 450 over 30 ranks.  You're actually earning more credits once you prestige.

Besides, the point about NW isn't to force people to do every single challenge to make sure their FOMO is realized.  DE aren't trying to force us to go to higher and higher levels to make sure we get all the goodies.

• Like 1

Just now, (XB1)R3d P01nt said:

Looked at differently...

We earn 400 credits over 30 ranks of NW.  After you prestige, you earn 450 over 30 ranks.  You're actually earning more credits once you prestige.

Besides, the point about NW isn't to force people to do every single challenge to make sure their FOMO is realized.  DE aren't trying to force us to go to higher and higher levels to make sure we get all the goodies.

Still barely worth doing the prestige ranks at the snail pace that you're given the creds. Also, it's impossible to earn 30 ranks of Prestige Creds.

It takes 7.5 weeks (IF) you do every single challenge. All Dailies, all weeklys, everything.
Nightwave lasts for 10-11 weeks, so that leaves us with 2.5 to 3.5 weeks left.

Let's say we have 3.5 weeks left. That gives us 108,750 standing (43500x2 + 21750[half a week]). That gives us a total of 150 Creds. Let's round to 165 for 110k Standing.
What can we buy with that?
30k Kuva (farmed out way faster in less time, so why would I grind Nightwave for this now?)
55 Nitain (the ONLY way to get Nitain atm)
2 Catalysts/Reactors
Sounds good? Sure, but not when you see it takes 3 and a half weeks to get that!

That means over the entire course of Prestieged ranks, we are drip fed a worse reward for the work we did to get there. We get more rewarded earlier on and less in the later stages. This is typical in WF overall. Endgame gives us virtually nothing where Earlygame gives us everything, and it feels horrible. Players who put work in to get to higher stages should be rewarded accordingly, not slapped in the face.

Prestige is there for the sake of prestige, not the rewards themselves. If the rewards themselves were the only motivating factor to a point where it doesnt become very optional it is no longer a prestige system.

Your math is also wrong because you cant cherry where to account for the income. You need to look at 30 ranks versus 30 ranks.

The regular 30 ranks of NW give 400 creds with a bunch of other rewards because it isnt prestige. Prestige should obviously not give those types of extra rewards.

The 30 prestige ranks of NW gives 450 creds if you have time/bother with them all.

That means that the regular 30 ranks of NW really only give 13 creds for each 10k standing. So in reality the prestige ranks are already boosted by around 15% in cred rewards.

edit: You also miss the point that when we do get the large chunks of creds in the first 30 ranks of NW other more useful things take a massive plunge for many players.

Also another funny thing I noticed is that you have a excal prime glyph yet worry about low trash rewards you very likely dont need. Is this a "bash NW for the sake of bashing NW, WF and DE" kinda thing? Sure the hell looks like it at this point.

You should probably also re-evaluate and maybe get up to speed on what prestige implies. I see you start talking about endgame in relation to NW aswell in your next post. I hope the flark that you arent saying prestige NW or NW overall is endgame content.

Edited by SneakyErvin
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Prestige is there for the sake of prestige, not the rewards themselves. If the rewards themselves were the only motivating factor to a point where it doesnt become very optional it is no longer a prestige system.

Your math is also wrong because you cant cherry where to account for the income. You need to look at 30 ranks versus 30 ranks.

The regular 30 ranks of NW give 400 creds with a bunch of other rewards because it isnt prestige. Prestige should obviously not give those types of extra rewards.

The 30 prestige ranks of NW gives 450 creds if you have time/bother with them all.

That means that the regular 30 ranks of NW really only give 13 creds for each 10k standing. So in reality the prestige ranks are already boosted by around 15% in cred rewards.

Prestige is there for the sake of rewarding a player, hence why it exists. Prestiging has always been a form of reward system for a player, and an incentive to level all over again. This is the concept of Forma as well.
We Forma items to make them more powerful, and gives us a reward (polarity slot), for the downside of needing to level the piece of gear again.

Read my comment to R3d, we can't compare rank 30-30, because it's impossible to get. 10-11 weeks of Nightwave, and it takes us 7.5 to get to 30 in the first place. Therefore, we don't have another 7.5 weeks to get to 30 again, and so it's not a fair comparison, as it's unrealistic and impossible to achieve.

13 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

Still barely worth doing the prestige ranks at the snail pace that you're given the creds. Also, it's impossible to earn 30 ranks of Prestige Creds.

You're still getting credits at a higher rate than the regular 30 levels.

14 minutes ago, Stormandreas said:

That means over the entire course of Prestieged ranks, we are drip fed a worse reward for the work we did to get there. We get more rewarded earlier on and less in the later stages. This is typical in WF overall. Endgame gives us virtually nothing where Earlygame gives us everything, and it feels horrible. Players who put work in to get to higher stages should be rewarded accordingly, not slapped in the face.

It's not a slap in the face.  That you can even compare it to a slap in the face makes me less likely to take your ideas seriously.  I, for one, do not want a system where people feel forced to do every single challenge, because they will be missing out on rewards unless they do every single challenge.  DE does not want that either, as they've intentionally set up the NW system to not force that.  We already have had tons of posts and topics devoted to people complaining about NW because they have FOMO and have felt forced to do every single challenge in order to get everything.  Let's not make that worse.

• Like 1

I dunno I kinda like the fact that there is no pressure to do them, I still probably will but they are a very take it or leave it kinda thing. 

Course that's probably in part because I didn't need the first 400 credits for anything anyhow. I mean I guess I could always get the Cammo skins but eh~

Just now, Stormandreas said:

Prestige is there for the sake of rewarding a player, hence why it exists. Prestiging has always been a form of reward system for a player, and an incentive to level all over again. This is the concept of Forma as well.
We Forma items to make them more powerful, and gives us a reward (polarity slot), for the downside of needing to level the piece of gear again.

Read my comment to R3d, we can't compare rank 30-30, because it's impossible to get. 10-11 weeks of Nightwave, and it takes us 7.5 to get to 30 in the first place. Therefore, we don't have another 7.5 weeks to get to 30 again, and so it's not a fair comparison, as it's unrealistic and impossible to achieve.

Forma is not a prestige system, it is more a socket, augment or enchant system from other games. Difference is we dont need months of grinding skills to be able to do it, instead we simply enchant and level again instead. Prestige is never about the reward outside of the "look at what I did". It is always about vanity, never actual reward gains, the prestige itself is the reward.

And you can compare it per rank because the first 30 ranks give 400. That means you get an avarage per rank yield i.e 13.33/10k standing. That means that 10k standing in prestige gives 15% more credits per 10k. So you do get more per rank with prestige. It simply doesnt matter if you can do all 30 or not, you still get more for each 10k. As I also asked in my edit, what is this really to you. You've clearly already been around a long long long while, what possible need can you even have for prestige at this point or NW credits at all to begin with? As I said, it smells like this is just a complaint for the sake of complaining at NW, WF or DE in general.