Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Bullet Jump make the game too easy?

sebidel

EDIT: I have read all comments and after thinking a bit I have come to the conclusion that my idea was bad. After many of you wave pointed out i figured out and understood why removing bullet jumping from the game is a bad idea. I realised that with the way the game is made removing it will brake more things than it will fix. Thank you all for the replies and comments!

I will still leave this topic here so that if someone else has this idea he can go through the comments and figure it out.

I wanted to start this topic because this idea has been on my mind for quite some time and I wanted to share it with you guys.

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the game is too easy. What I mean by this, is that after you fully moded your warframes and weapons the enemies the game throws at you become less and less of a headache until they are just fodder, with some exceptions: certain sorties, ESO, Arbitrations. And when we eventually are forced to deal with them what we tend to do most is not figure out how to kill them, or what plan of attack we should make. No, we bullet jump out of there and kite them off, Spin to Win it with Maiming Strike or simply bullet jump towards extraction, because let’s face it there’s no need to kill all the enemies or avoid traps when you can simply fly past them.

And here, at least in my opinion, is the problem. Why are we just avoiding the challenges the game throws at us? Tons of enemies and traps are there just to be admired like tourist attractions. Why are all these game elements suddenly so  . . . pointless.

Therefore I propose the removal of bullet jumping from the game (and change a bit operator void dashing as well). Missions will take longer, enemies will have to be dealt with (exception Loki and such, I know, but think about nullifiers), traps will have to be avoided, proper routes will have to be taken or new ones made with Warframe abilities like nova’s portal, ivara’s arrows or dashing with Zephir. And before you tell me how there is a Warframe that can still easily deal with specific missions remember that you will have to change them on every new type of mission (also remember there’s nullifiers). Sure this will make some mods obsolete and all that but people don’t really use them.  

Imagine how much more thought would have to be put when doing a mission. How you would have to deal with incoming enemies, how cc would be relevant again because you can’t kite around, how a little more teamwork will be needed.

So what do you guys think? I think there is far, far ,far too much mobility and freedom in a game where most of the missions are in closed areas.

On a side note, why do archwings still not have a brake like cars do. I know there’s no friction in space but the game is set in the future and you can easily come up with and excuse to put brakes on it. I don’t want to spin around the objective for like 10 seconds until I come to a stop.

Edited by sebidel
I have changed my opinion by the community and wanted future readers to know that

Removing Bullet Jumping would just kill the pacing of the game. See what Parkour 1.0 used to be: lots of coptering to get around the area.

Not to mention, the Gas City rework was done to respect Parkour 2.0 with open spaces and rewarding those with good Parkouring.

• Like 5

Many enemies have hit-scan weapons. Bullet jumping your way around does not save you from those even if you're in the other side of the map because there's no "bullet" that needs to travel from the enemy's gun and connect with your body. Damage is calculated as soon as they hit the trigger and you're being aimed at.

Edited by Jarriaga
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, sebidel said:

And here, at least in my opinion, is the problem. Why are we just avoiding the challenges the game throws at us? Tons of enemies and traps are there just to be admired like tourist attractions. Why are all these game elements suddenly so  . . . pointless.

*We hate to lose the low drop rate loots to vanished when the mission fails... (for early and mid players)

*There are melee combos associated with bullet jumping imagine what it would look like if bullet jump disappears?

*Just remove [CTRL] from your key bindings (optional)

10 minutes ago, Duality52 said:

Removing Bullet Jumping would just kill the pacing of the game. See what Parkour 1.0 used to be: lots of coptering to get around the area.

Not to mention, the Gas City rework was done to respect Parkour 2.0 with open spaces and rewarding those with good Parkouring.

I think even without bullet jump we'll do fine on new gas city considering we don't slow down gradually when climbing walls and people tend to get stuck when spamming bullet jump

you lost me at "i think i can speak for everyone"

no you don't

also, bullet jumping was made so they could deal with coptering, later they said they would have to deal with maps made for the new faster way to move, so far they have only updated gas city, we still have yet to see them update grineer/corpus ships, desert tilesets, well they kinda updated earth tileset, and also they need to update uranus tilesets, make them more vertical you know?

Edited by Toppien

Bullet jumping is one of the better parts of the game. Not many other games comes close in terms of fluid and satisfying movement.

Instead of removing it they should make enemies and levels that work with bullet jumping.

Gas City is a great level for parkour. Some more enemies would be great too. I feel like bigger enemies mixed in with the regular mob would be cool.

Edited by (NSW)Sk0rp1on
Wording

There are many things that cause issues for the game. Bullet jumping - at least not in and of itself - is not one of them. Enemy and area and mission design not accounting for it, maybe, but not it in and of itself. Those are symptoms of the constant changes that the game has gone through. Examine the old Gas City (pre-bullet jump) to the new one. Even look at areas of PoE. Those big valleys and sentient structures and well-strewn rocks and equipment put more emphasis on keeping you moving and airborne. Or, conversely, the Kuva Fortress, which intentionally uses cramped spaces and traps for thoughtless movement to inhibit your movement, creating a claustrophobic, hostile environment that requires a degree of thought to move swiftly through - something that practically needs bullet jump to achieve properly.

Bullet Jumping is, effectively, the lynchpin that ties the game's fast, fluid combat together, and frankly allows gunplay and melee to be considerably more interesting. They're honestly not all that complex on their own, but the sheer fluidity that Bullet Jump enables them to go further. After all, shooting someone whilst standing still and whilst moving at 30mph  in any given direction are considerably different feats. Many of the more recent gameplay also inhibits just bypassing everything by having more in-depth interactions within a space, treating individual areas as maps in their own right rather than stepping stones. 

vor 26 Minuten schrieb sebidel:

I think I can speak for everyone when I say that the game is too easy.

You're already wrong there, twice even, The game is easy yes but it's not too easy. It's supposed to be a power fantasy.

From your entire post I can assume 2 things:

• You dont know anything about fast movement in this game.
  • You want to play a slow paced cover shooter. I recommend gears of war in that case, I hear it's a very good series.

Missions taking longer also doesnt make them harder, just more tedious. You say the game is too easy but you want to remove the only thing in this game that requires mechanical skill? No thanks.

game is easy because there is a lack of REALLY good scaling and high end missions, yes there are ESO, Abritrations and such but with the equipment we got its more of a medium tier of difficulty.... content that is sustainable on its own...since DE has a record on not comming back to revise old content..
Dont like bullet jump? just dont use it.if that would make you feel better.. removing it wont fix the game's problems...