Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Does Bullet Jump make the game too easy?

sebidel

Thanks for the replies! So after reading them (as of this moment) i saw 3 things i admit i don't know about:

1. You don't speak for everyone. So the game is not easy, because that's what i was saying when i said that. How do people find mission to be that hard with fully moded loadouts? (exeption sorties,ESO/SO, Arbitrations) you have to be afk or braindead to not be able to do missions. i mean like i said in my post, you also have bullet jumping to run away and kite enemies + miaming strike.

2. Coptering. Did DE not manage to, how should i say it, "fix" it?

3. People dying before reaching exctraction. Were fully modded Warframes and wepons not able to deal with level 60 enemies? not even with teamwork?

I know i'm pissing off a lot of people but i don't care. I want to learn more about the game. From what people have been replaying my idea would be dumb, which is what i want to find out. If it really is not viable. And please try to reply with argument to your opinions, like i said i want to learn not get yes/no answers or be told how much of an idiot i am. Ty! 🙂

PS: you can cuss at me, you don't need to worry about me being offended because if i do get offended it means i'm a child and should grow up more. 🙂

Edited by sebidel
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

Although I share your opinion, I have something better in mind for it...

... Want to use bullet jump? fine, each bullet jump costs 50 energy.

Steep cost. I could see a charge up mechanic for it though, similar to spiderman games, saints row etc.

Far from being ill intend, your post is just flawed in his argumentation as to "why", so "there for".

Enemies comes in an endless waves.

So, would you sit down and shoot at everything for hours on end not understanding that simple fact and later be like: "Oh, I can just play the objective and finish the mission and move on to the next - I get why bullet jumping is a thing. Clever me.".

You strike me as a newer player. Bullet jumping was added in as a parkour rework(2.0) after the majority of the community used "coptering" to move through the map faster. Coptering was annoying and somewhat restrictive, but taking cues from the community, DE implemented a more universal and convenient method of moving quickly. As bullet jumping has been such a fundamental staple of the gameplay, much of the game requires it. Hidden areas would be rendered unreachable, whole tile sets would be impassable, and the pacing of the game would be ruined.

If bullet jumping was removed without an alternative sprinting builds would likely take over. Frames like Volt or Wisp would be in every game. Even if those tiles or hidden areas were reworked or removed the game wouldn't be slower for everyone. Objective missions would be a slog, and there'd be a disproportionate part of the community that would quit.

Saddest part is bullet jumping doesn't make things easier. AI at high levels is deadly accurate, and at low levels wouldn't be much more threatening on foot. For most "endgame" players this would be a means of forced padding rather than much needed rebalancing.

Edited by (XB1)Almighty Deity
Spelling fix
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Steep cost.

True, but considering that bullet jump is the only thing in Parkour 2.0 that isn't "consuming energy" for execution. Charge up mechanic would make it more interesting, right now its a full blast & no cost kind of thing. Of course, its used AND abused.

9 minutes ago, sebidel said:

I know i'm pissing off a lot of people but i don't care. I want to learn more about the game. From what people have been replaying my idea would be dumb, which is what i want to find out. If it really is not viable. And please try to reply with argument to your opinions, like i said i want to learn not get yes/no answers or be told how much of an idiot i am. Ty!

Pissing people off, is no way to get them to teach. You do care, you started the topic. You want to learn? Then learn and stop calling for changes. You don't like bullet jump........ Don't use it. The game to easy? Play somthing else or learn to challenge yourself. 

Bullet jumping is no joke the whole reason  I initially played past the first level. My buddy taught me how to do it, and I instantly was like “yeah, I see the appeal.” Warframe’s mobility is a big part of why gameplay is enjoyable. Taking that out takes away what makes this different than other shooters mechanically.

So... nope for me.

6 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

True, but considering that bullet jump is the only thing in Parkour 2.0 that isn't "consuming energy" for execution. Charge up mechanic would make it more interesting, right now its a full blast & no cost kind of thing. Of course, its used AND abused.

I wouldn't call a method of moving faster an abused mechanic.

I would counter the idea of energy cost for it with the fact that it would further compound the focus tree meta and force everyone to run Zenurik. I don't think further lopsiding the meta with gimmicks is at all a solution to a non-issue.

Well Sedibel, 

Here's my idea : a Warframe museum on a relay where you can experience for yourself the parkour as it was during the early stages of the game. You'll definetely not like how it worked 😄

Joke aside, our parkour was basically like "Proton Pulse" but way harder to do : find a small edge, leap on it in and propel yourself in a very specific angle. You would then use a weapon (Dual Zoren for instance) to go even further/higher. It was okay speedwise, but mechanically tiring and created huge differences between experienced players and new ones. I remember waiting a lot of time for my friends who just started the game, they were so slow and the skillgap was so high that they would eventually abandon the game just because of that. 

Most of warframe's content is meant to be not really challenging, we should probably think of something else to increase difficulty 🙂

Keep coming up with ideas and enjoy the game Tenno 👍

Edited by Wrathach
  • Like 2

Just now, (XB1)Almighty Deity said:

force everyone to run Zenurik.

... only if you feel forced to it. Otherwise, people will just run whatever they want. There would be no bullet jumping at all, if it was me. Be very glad it wasn't me that reworked the Parkour...

... Energy cost, my opinion, and its final AND I'm out...

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

... only if you feel forced to it. Otherwise, people will just run whatever they want. There would be no bullet jumping at all, if it was me. Be very glad it wasn't me that reworked the Parkour...

... Energy cost, my opinion, and its final AND I'm out...

So in other words ONLY if you want to get anywhere quickly. There was a time when people were forced to use Synoid weapons for their energy proc. It wasn't a choice unless you never wanted to use your 4th. The game simply wasn't fun, but neither is forcing a particular meta.

Yes, I'm very glad you're not in charge because you'd kill the game. If you don't like bullet jumping, don't use it. No one's "forcing" you to, right? 

1 hour ago, 844448 said:

I think even without bullet jump we'll do fine on new gas city considering we don't slow down gradually when climbing walls and people tend to get stuck when spamming bullet jump

But it’s fun to try and find an Efficient path, even in the tile sets not intended for it. 

And getting stuck spamming bullet jump is enough of a nerf to bullet jumping. There’s a penalty for screwing it up and a reward for being good. It’s like a racing game. It’s fun.

You don't speak for everyone because there are quite a few people who actually find this game hard... for now. Warframe is certainly not a walk in the park game unless you either know what you are getting into, or have played it for enough time for you to know how to get through the "challenges". I certainly do not miss my time fighting Vor or Vay Hek with Mk-1 weapons with nothing but an ammo drum.

But disregarding that slip-up in your statement, I agree with you but I know many others will disagree. I simply propose to give players a toggle-able option to turn back on Parkour 1.0 then it won't affect the players who like the the current system. It would be similar to how you could toggle between the two flight modes of archwing, but instead of flight controls it would be parkour. I'd be okay even if DE didn't develop around the original system and gave a warning that toggling it on will remove certain abilities and that it is a system that won't have future support.

The code would simply be it's own class which you can toggle through a variable. Most of the code would be identical to the current system except you remove the block/s for bullet jumping and add back in the stamina bar. I would assume class names and variables would still be the same and if not, would just require some simple corrections there. Only way I think this would be a "little" more difficult if is DE no longer has the legacy code.

37 minutes ago, Uhkretor said:

The only thing that you gain from spamming parkour, though, is speed. There’s no other gameplay benefits. 

The only challenge for bullet jumping that I would want is time trials.

46 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Steep cost. I could see a charge up mechanic for it though, similar to spiderman games, saints row etc.

Or perhaps a stamina bar specifically for Bullet jumping. Or make it draw from the same recharging pool as aim-gliding and wall-latching.

Just now, (NSW)Sk0rp1on said:

The only thing that you gain from spamming parkour, though, is speed. There’s no other gameplay benefits. 

The only challenge for bullet jumping that I would want is time trials.

To be fair, bullet jumping makes it easy to ignore all enemies in a room regardless of level due to how much their accuracy is neutered on an airborne target. It also screws with bosses as well making survival really easy. Prior to bullet jumping, there was a point in having frames that could turn invisible, that might be an exaggeration so I will correct and say there "could've" been a point in having frames with invisibility.