Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the audio of the Gauss video re-recorded.

Prexades

45 minutes ago, MacKerris said:

~'Merica things~

When you learn to spell the word correctly, then we can discuss pronunciation. :wink:

On topic though, plenty of the words DE use are triggering. "Dissection" instead of "Vivisection" in Tyl Regors speech being the one I personally rant about the most, stands to reason they'd eventually reach the point of just making words up. :clem:

Yeah, it's Gauss, rhyming with mouse. The frame is evidently named after the mathematician you linked as well as the Coilgun based on his maths, it's not even something that can be argued, the word is mispronounced.

It won't change, however, it's a minor video and at the end of the day it doesn't really matter as long as we all understand one another.

• Like 4

Just now, DeMonkey said:

On topic though, plenty of the words DE use are triggering. "Dissection" instead of "Vivisection" in Tyl Regors speech being the one I personally rant about the most, stands to reason they'd eventually reach the point of just making words up. :clem:

Maybe Tyl Regor's a scientist with some ethics left in him.

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

Gauss is not spelled Ghoss.

The actual spelling rhymes on mouse.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carl_Friedrich_Gauss

Thank you.

How is Titania, pronounced? 

41 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

I dare you to hear an interview with Bob Marley without subtitles.

😐

He was well spoken, especially compared to some of the modern "artistes" that have come out of the Caribbean. 

Really, that just reminds me of:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, VentiGlondi said:

Rebecca said it correctly once and everyone on the team made fun of her afterwards

I think they were laughing at how she had such trouble saying it correctly. Yet even after that she still chose to voice that video with the wrong pronunciation.

1 hour ago, Prexades said:

Gauss is not spelled Ghoss.

The actual spelling rhymes on mouse

Sure the word spelling rhymes. Not the sound

G sound,  

ga

A sound

aw

U sound 

uh

Two S sound

s

Together

Ga-aw/uh-s

Not gouse... 

Not everything sounds how it's spelt smh.

I get that it's DE's game, and they can pronounce it "Goss" if they want.

But every physics, mathematics, and engineering (esp. electrical engineering) inclined warframe fan will internally scream every time we hear it.

Sincerely, del dot B equals zero.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Sevek7 said:

I get that it's DE's game, and they can pronounce it "Goss" if they want.

But every physics, mathematics, and engineering (esp. electrical engineering) inclined warframe fan will internally scream every time we hear it.

Sincerely, del dot B equals zero.

That's okay astronomy and physics bluffs are already blue in the face over how the planets are designed.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Bioness said:

That's okay astronomy and physics bluffs are already blue in the face over how the planets are designed.

Really? The planets aesthetically look more or less correct to me on the star chart. I'm no planetary scientist so maybe I'm just missing the important details. 

5 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

That's how it's pronounced so I don't see why they wouldn't lmao

That's my point, they are free to define Gauss to be something else entirely in the warframe universe that is pronounced "Goss," it's just going to make it painful for those of us who constantly use Gauss (Pronounced to rhyme with "mouse") the human mathematician's theorems in everyday work life. Hence the screaming internally.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

it's just going to make it painful for those of us who constantly use Gauss (Pronounced to rhyme with "mouse") the human mathematician's theorems in everyday work life. Hence the screaming internally

Okay well guass is something used in a lot of games actually, pronounced "goss." No relation to the mathematical term... still the english language lol