Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the audio of the Gauss video re-recorded.

Prexades

3 hours ago, Xyngrr said:

@OneYenShort

You must have missed the post 2 above yours. I also note you say it's not a common contraction in your experience, then use it later in the same sentence and end with saying that's what the naming fellow chose. :smile:
It's a regional thing, I guess. I've seen and heard aluminum used in Canada alot and also from relatives and friends in the US, while EU folks tend to use aluminium. And in that wiki article further down it states either spelling is recognized valid since 1990....
...is the horse dead yet, or can it take a few more whacks? :tongue:

Easily.  If you re read what you stated, you will see that the last noun, hence typically assumed antecedent, is Alcan.  This implies that "it" is Alcan, which is not a commonly used contraction in the locations I have been.

4 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

You just seem stubborn out of shear joy to argue.

You need to be dead blind in order to not see that Gauss is based on Gauss and his theories. It even goes so far that he connects with Mag. And even if it wasnt based on Gauss, the name DE gave him would still be the exact same name i.e Gauss, because it is spelled exactly the same so follows the exact same rules. Now DEs way of pronouncing it isnt wrong, it is the english dialect version, but the german way is also correct.

Both sides here are pretty silly imo because neither understands the vast differences when it comes to names and how differently nations pronounce them.

I understand them thank you, they're just assumptions and cannot be proven or determined without DE. 

2 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I understand them thank you, they're just assumptions and cannot be proven or determined without DE. 

Actually they arent just assumptions, well maybe Gauss' theme, though logic and deductive thinking says his theme is based on Gauss. But his name doesnt change how it is spelled or worded, wether if it is made up by DE or if he uses the name of the scientist. Language rules are rules, they simply are one way. Dialects may alter them slightly, but the rules are still there.

So I doubt you understand them since you defend the pronounciation just as bad as the people that complain about it. You are both wrong and very silly.

The fact people are getting bent outta shape over the Gauss pronunciation but not over the Titania one really goes to show how nitpicky some nerds can be.

I'm a nerd myself, but if I'm gonna yell at the ether about stuff like this then I'd at least try to be thorough.

18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Actually they arent just assumptions, well maybe Gauss' theme, though logic and deductive thinking says his theme is based on Gauss.

But thats not proof lol. That's literally an assumption, taking comparisons and filling in the rest as if it's facts.

18 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

But his name doesnt change how it is spelled or worded, wether if it is made up by DE or if he uses the name of the scientist. Language rules are rules, they simply are one way. Dialects may alter them slightly, but the rules are still there.

So I doubt you understand them since you defend the pronunciation just as bad as the people who complain about it. 

You are both wrong and very silly.

Actually thats wrong, because everything in the language's rules have rules, stipulations, everything varies and English can be very independent between words and sentences and etc. Very vast in comparison to other languages. Anyway what rules define how its pronounced? Because as it stands it's pronounced with each word individual making it G-aw/uh-ss. 

And no I don't defend it poorly, you're peoples illogical assuming mindset makes you believe fill in the blank has to be right without evidence. Whether or not that works to be right most or sometimes. It's still illogical, and simple assumptions.

Also I haven't been proven wrong at all??? Sooooo. Maybe it's because I'm not? Guess what I'm not, nothing has been said to affirm direct connection of Dr. Gauss and the Gauss from warframe. From of course the origin, DE. Anyone else can't just assume themselves right.

2 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

And no I don't defend it poorly, you're peoples illogical assuming mindset makes you believe fill in the blank has to be right without evidence. Whether or not that works to be right most or sometimes. It's still illogical, and simple assumptions.

Also I haven't been proven wrong at all??? Sooooo. Maybe it's because I'm not? Guess what I'm not, nothing has been said to affirm direct connection of Dr. Gauss and the Gauss from warframe. From of course the origin, DE. Anyone else can't just assume themselves right.

I'm sorry but you are being absurd here. While it is technicaly correct that WF Gauss being named after Mathmatician Gauss cannot be deffinitvly proved it is still absurd to claim uncertinty. The abundance of evidence pointing to this is overwhelming. This not only includes the obvious links between the two but also our genral understanding and experince of culture and creativity. Even if Gauss designer was to say they created the name independent of knowledge of it's previous uses it would still be reasonable (though slightly less so) to belive otherwise. Absolute logic doesn't go far in the real world, we haven to work of degrees of certanity. You are pushing skepticism beyond it's limits to a postion where it is immpossible to hold any type of conversation. DE could issue a statment of the origin of Gauss name but how can we logically prove this statment is true or valid? You can reply to this post, but how can you be sure this was typed coherently and not the result of me mashing the keyboard? You are pushing towards the point where you must question your own perception of realiy. Yes, technically I cannot prove that anything but myself (in some form) excists. However it appears to and I can hold enougth certainity in it to make it worth engaging with. Yes I can't know for certain the origin of Gauss name, but I can be confident enougth in the common consensus. To question that confidence (without good reason) is to shutdown conversation of the topic.

On 2019-08-28 at 7:51 PM, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

pure contrarianism for no reason

OK, even more proof. Go to Market> Gauss > Leverian and hear the in-game voice say his name exactly like the scientist's.

Oh and reading this:

55 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I'm sorry but you are being absurd here. While it is technicaly correct that WF Gauss being named after Mathmatician Gauss cannot be deffinitvly proved it is still absurd to claim uncertinty. The abundance of evidence pointing to this is overwhelming. This not only includes the obvious links between the two but also our genral understanding and experince of culture and creativity. Even if Gauss designer was to say they created the name independent of knowledge of it's previous uses it would still be reasonable (though slightly less so) to belive otherwise. Absolute logic doesn't go far in the real world, we haven to work of degrees of certanity. You are pushing skepticism beyond it's limits to a postion where it is immpossible to hold any type of conversation. DE could issue a statment of the origin of Gauss name but how can we logically prove this statment is true or valid? You can reply to this post, but how can you be sure this was typed coherently and not the result of me mashing the keyboard? You are pushing towards the point where you must question your own perception of realiy. Yes, technically I cannot prove that anything but myself (in some form) excists. However it appears to and I can hold enougth certainity in it to make it worth engaging with. Yes I can't know for certain the origin of Gauss name, but I can be confident enougth in the common consensus. To question that confidence (without good reason) is to shutdown conversation of the topic.

Made me think.

@(NSW)Drake_Remorea, you said earlier you're not trolling, nor you have brain damage. However, you presented no actual evidence to that. You can't prove you're not trolling. You can't prove you don't have brain damage. Since your words are exactly what a person that is either trolling or has brain damage would say.

Hence, I rest my case by clearly proving you are trolling or suffer from a stroke/brain tumor, to which I say:

On 2019-08-28 at 1:57 PM, HugintheCrow said:

I'm dead serious, contact a doctor right now, you most likely need instant medical assistance.

If you die because you neglected to act on my advice, I wish to send my condolences to your family.

Please give me a PO box adress or an email so I can do that in case of your untimely passing.

Edited by HugintheCrow

Gauss is named after Carl Friedrich Gauss, the German mathematician and physicist who made significant contributions to many fields in mathematics and sciences. Most notably in Electromagnetism, Differential Geometry, Algebra, and Statistics.

just gonna leave this here 

Source: wiki

• Like 1

3 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I'm sorry but you are being absurd here. While it is technicaly correct that WF Gauss being named after Mathmatician Gauss cannot be deffinitvly proved it is still absurd to claim uncertinty

No it's factual. Well you may see it as absurd I'm right lol.

The abundance of evidence pointing to this is overwhelming.

But see it's not evidence. Think you dont know what evidence is. Because comparisons doesnt equal evidence. 

Even if Gauss designer was to say they created the name independent of knowledge of it's previous uses it would still be reasonable (though slightly less so) to belive otherwise

Nope. If Gauss wasn't a person and his name never existed, DE no one would complain about the sounding. Because words are interpretable and usually pronunciation is defined by popularity. However in this case the original users of the word make for the pronunciation. DE. Now this exists whether it's someone's name or not. Because it's a name. Not a dictionary word. A name. Figure that out.

Absolute logic doesn't go far in the real world, we haven to work of degrees of certanity

Really? You're wrong there because if someone is accused of murder you have to have logic and evidence. Not comparisons, coincidence, opinions. This applies for many things you'll one day learn. Hopefully.

DE could issue a statment of the origin of Gauss name but how can we logically prove this statment is true or valid?

Because the original creator of the intellectual property has made a statement on behave of that intellectual property therefore altering their properties of it, they can do it whenever, however no need for truth or validation...

You can reply to this post, but how can you be sure this was typed coherently and not the result of me mashing the keyboard

I can't be honestly but statistically speaking no one has ever made a sentence with button mashing... and this situation here about pronunciation is excluded from statistical expectations as it's an intellectual property of DE's that no one but them can outright choose pronunciation of.

You are pushing towards the point where you must question your own perception of realiy

Is this of reality or a pronunciation of intellectual property defined by its owners?

Yes, technically I cannot prove that anything but myself (in some form) excists.

Really you can't prove a rock exists? Or a mouse? Or me behind a screen typing this? Those aren't assumptions those are provable facts. This isn't. 

However it appears to and I can hold enougth certainity in it to make it worth engaging with.

You havent yet.

Yes I can't know for certain the origin of Gauss name

That honestly doesn't even matter, it's up to the owners of an intellectual property to name it, and to decide it's pronunciation. If someone named their kid Gauss after the scientists and changed the pronunciation are they wrong to do so? No because it's their naming of their kid, same with spelling. 

4 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

but I can be confident enougth in the common consensus.

Consensus LOL. Search that meaning up LOL. What you're looking for is majority! LOL. also still wrong because you haven't contacted enough of a percent of users with a survey properly prove that.

4 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

To question that confidence (without good reason) is to shutdown conversation of the topic

Didn't question it I laughed at it. All you're reasoning is false, improper, un provable, just stupid, and also hypocritical. 

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Made me think.

@(NSW)Drake_Remorea, you said earlier you're not trolling, nor you have brain damage. However, you presented no actual evidence to that. You can't prove you're not trolling. You can't prove you don't have brain damage. Since your words are exactly what a person that is either trolling or has brain damage would say.

I guess you're right, I haven't proof for non brain damage. So I'll tell you I believe I dont have brain damage. However trolling, is a mindset. And although I could be lying, me saying I am not proves to the least I'm not. Because it's barely an action thats definable.

3 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:

Hence, I rest my case by clearly proving you are trolling or suffer from a stroke/brain tumor, to which I say:

You haven't proven anything? Except that it's possible i have brain damage. Also it appears to me you're trolling, and brain damage isn't necessarily a life threatening condition.

Also using your logic I can call you, mentally retarded, you have no brain cells, you have no fore arms, you havent ever even played warframe. Since you cannot prove otherwise I'm right about everything...

4 hours ago, HugintheCrow said:
On 2019-08-28 at 11:51 AM, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

pure contrarianism for no reason

OK, even more proof. Go to Market> Gauss > Leverian and hear the in-game voice say his name exactly like the scientist's

Wait what is this I never said that? Also an automated system doesn't decide a name pronounciation, the creators do.

22 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

You know this how? DE never said anything about Gauss being named after him. That's an assumption you've made.

i listed my source i am not engaging with this shenanigan your doing about how names work so unless you wanna go talk to the wiki moderators and edit the wiki you do you queen

you remind me of that kid in elementary school that has to be right or they throw a fit not gonna lie chief your giving off that energy so i'm going to cut this conversation off at the head 

1 hour ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

But see it's not evidence. Think you dont know what evidence is. Because comparisons doesnt equal evidence. 

I utterly disagree with you about the nature of evidence. I'd be intriuged to hear how you define evidence, it sounds incredibly narrow. Ordirnarily almost everything counts as evidence. What is important is a peice of evidences relevance, reliability, and collabortory power.

In game says it as the scientists name.  Wiki (semi official) says it’s based on the scientists name.

As for logic, which is more likely?  That DE happened randomly across the word and thought “hey that looks good” and the Warframe happened to thematically match the real world term, or that the similarity is an intentional nod?

Because seriously, every bit of logic says it is a nod.  Your stance requires multiple assumptions, DEMonkey’s requires one.

Gauss was a physicist and is credited with creating the Gauss principle. It isn't 'Goss' or 'Gas'. Gauss is not a made up name.

As an example, has anyone heard of 'Miranda' rights? Where the cops 'Mirandize' someone? Miranda was a man's name (yeah). It wasn't 'Mer-un-deh' or 'Mi-run-doh' it is 'Mi-ran-da'.

You don't get to dictate how you pronounce someone's name, especially someone such as Friedrich. It's ridiculous and those that defend it are equally so. Imagine a world where you take names and twist them because you can't be bothered to learn how to properly enunciate. If you wanted to call Gauss 'Goss' then you should have thought about spelling it differently.

What's more is that the Gauss warframe is loosely based on Gauss' principles of acceleration. Very loosely, but even so. Gauss. Not 'Gauze' or 'Goss'. I will correct those that mispronounce Gauss and direct them to look up Friedrich.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, seprent said:

you remind me of that kid in elementary school that has to be right or they throw a fit not gonna lie chief your giving off that energy so i'm going to cut this conversation off at the head

Are you because you didnt. Nice wiki that doesnt prove anything lol

2 hours ago, seprent said:

i listed my source i am not engaging with this shenanigan your doing about how names work so unless you wanna go talk to the wiki moderators and edit the wiki you do you queen

I love the logic of some people lol

You A. Didnt leave a source, you said wiki. B. By making a statement it's engaging. C. The wiki assuming about Carl Friedrich Gauss doesnt prove how naming works, how assumptions work, how logic works. It literally proves nothing.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I utterly disagree with you about the nature of evidence. I'd be intriuged to hear how you define evidence, it sounds incredibly narrow.

I didn't define evidence there... Anyway evidence isn't really meant to be broad. That is when comparing it to proof and in this thread the words are almost interchangeable... How can you disagree with something on me without knowing my stance on? Anyway evidence is hard to define out of scenario as it's properties can be very specific. But if you'd like this is how I see evidence, and besides that it's on opinion other than the definitive dictionary term, which still holds to all points, it's mostly right. Evidence is facts or proof that makes an opinion or belief true. Right now the idea of how it is pronounced wrong by DE is an opinion. Since DE decides pronounciations on their names, it's how they pronounce it till they change it. By believing they are wrong you cannot prove it, because it's theirs. It's an opinion and it's absurd. Telling someone something that is theirs is wrong, its absurd. You wouldn't tell a mother "you'll mispronouncing your kids name." You can't do it for intellectual property names either. And I'm not saying from an ethical point because it's just rude. (Which it is). But because the way names are, proper nouns, it is subjective, but only to the makers of it. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Ordirnarily almost everything counts as evidence. What is important is a peice of evidences relevance, reliability, and collabortory power.

Okay no not everything, not even almost everything. Bruh no. That's so wrong. In so many ways. What's important isn't always evidence. It's important to not break things you dont own. Is that evidence? It's important to only eat chicken if it's been properly cooked. Is that evidence? No. And dont say "you get what I mean." Because I don't, you sound dumb.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Multi-Melta said:

Gauss was a physicist and is credited with creating the Gauss principle. It isn't 'Goss' or 'Gas'. Gauss is not a made up name.

As an example, has anyone heard of 'Miranda' rights? Where the cops 'Mirandize' someone? Miranda was a man's name (yeah). It wasn't 'Mer-un-deh' or 'Mi-run-doh' it is 'Mi-ran-da'.

You don't get to dictate how you pronounce someone's name, especially someone such as Friedrich. It's ridiculous and those that defend it are equally so. Imagine a world where you take names and twist them because you can't be bothered to learn how to properly enunciate. If you wanted to call Gauss 'Goss' then you should have thought about spelling it differently.

What's more is that the Gauss warframe is loosely based on Gauss' principles of acceleration. Very loosely, but even so. Gauss. Not 'Gauze' or 'Goss'. I will correct those that mispronounce Gauss and direct them to look up Friedrich.

See but thats not how things work.

Not every name in the world has to be the same. Look at what I just said to someone else.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

You wouldn't tell a mother "you'll mispronouncing your kids name." You can't do it for intellectual property names either. And I'm not saying from an ethical point because it's just rude. (Which it is). But because the way names are, proper nouns, it is subjective, but only to the makers of it.

Sure people may think since someone else shares the name it should be pronounced the same. However that's not the case, when you own something you can name it whatever, however. People have names that sound the same that are spelt different, people have names that sound different and are spelt the same. This works for intellectual property, DE owns Gauss the warframe. And they're allowed to name them as whatever, they chose Gauss, that name can also be pronounced how they choose. If they made the same frame with the relative properties of Carl Friedrich Gauss' coil gun, and named him something completely different, you cant say "well he has to be named after the scientist then!" No, because they can name their intellectual property what they want, and they can pronounce however.

Sorry it seems I didn't make myself clear. I'm not talking about how the name should be pronounced. I actualy agree with you that DE can pronounce it how ever they want. What I'm intrested in is your idea that it is impossible to form any rational conclusion on the origin of the name.

34 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Okay no not everything, not even almost everything. Bruh no. That's so wrong. In so many ways. What's important isn't always evidence. It's important to not break things you dont own. Is that evidence? It's important to only eat chicken if it's been properly cooked. Is that evidence? No. And dont say "you get what I mean." Because I don't, you sound dumb.

No those things aren't evidence. However in the instance of Gauss name origin there is plenty of evidence. 

8 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I guess you're right, I haven't proof for non brain damage. So I'll tell you I believe I dont have brain damage. However trolling, is a mindset. And although I could be lying, me saying I am not proves to the least I'm not. Because it's barely an action thats definable.

You haven't proven anything? Except that it's possible i have brain damage. Also it appears to me you're trolling, and brain damage isn't necessarily a life threatening condition.

Also using your logic I can call you, mentally retarded, you have no brain cells, you have no fore arms, you havent ever even played warframe. Since you cannot prove otherwise I'm right about everything...

No, in fact I've proven everything, and everything you said is wrong. As you said, there is no way I'm wrong at anything, if I say something it's true. It's you who's wrong.

Why are you wrong? Because I said so.

In the malformed reality of your delusional mind, there is no such thing as logic or reason, so I can do what I want here.

For example, I now call dibs on being right within your world. Hence, I'm the only person allowed to be right, you can no longer disagree with me.

My first rule after declaring myself "the rightness" is that you're always wrong. Sucks to be you, huh?

My second rule is that Gauss is named after Gauss. This ends this argument, as my word is final.

Third of all, I'm still waiting on that contact adress, so I can give my condolences to your family.

15 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

But thats not proof lol. That's literally an assumption, taking comparisons and filling in the rest as if it's facts.

Actually thats wrong, because everything in the language's rules have rules, stipulations, everything varies and English can be very independent between words and sentences and etc. Very vast in comparison to other languages. Anyway what rules define how its pronounced? Because as it stands it's pronounced with each word individual making it G-aw/uh-ss. 

Language rules dont change between countires unless they have a seperate alphabet (russia, greece, china, japan etc.), still when those regions apply english or german they follow the set rules. A and U has a specific pronounciation in western languages, it is the exact same for english, danish, german, dutch, swedish, norwegian etc. What differentiates it slightly are local dialects, but the rules are still the exact same.

Pronouncing something with an added dialect isnt wrong, even though it may make the word sound different. That still doesnt mean that there isnt one specific right way to pronounce something. Gauss can only be pronounced one way correctly and that is Gouse like house, or gows to make it even clearer. However, a dialect may make it sound gaws or goss, which would also be correct. That said, the rules cant be ignored, so even if Gauss would be made up by DE with no connection to the specific Gauss it would still follow the exact same rules.

And as I said, only a blind person doesnt see the connections between the Gausses. It is also not illiogical because the connection between theory and frame are there in his kit. The illogical part lies with you because you refuse to see the points where they connect. But since you fail to understand how simple rules regarding words work I expect you dont understand the meaning of logic either.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

But since you fail to understand how simple rules regarding words work I expect you dont understand the meaning of logic either.

You're saying this to someone who claims that the sword frame and the legendary sword sharing the name "Excalibur" is a complete coincidence, to say nothing of the Avalon (island in Arthurian legend) helmet, the Pendragon (Arthur's surname) helmet and the Mordred (a traitor within Arthurian legend) helmet. And don't even get me started on the term "Exalted Blade" and how that's a very good description for a sword that bequeaths kingship upon the wielder.

Logic just doesn't exist within their reality, why bother.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Pronouncing something with an added dialect isnt wrong, even though it may make the word sound different. That still doesnt mean that there isnt one specific right way to pronounce something. Gauss can only be pronounced one way correctly and that is Gouse like house, or gows to make it even clearer. However, a dialect may make it sound gaws or goss, which would also be correct. That said, the rules cant be ignored, so even if Gauss would be made up by DE with no connection to the specific Gauss it would still follow the exact same rules.

That's not true because pronunciation isn't defined by rules, it is defined by popularity of use. I've explained this already... since it's a name it doesn't need to follow popularity of use, let alone your "rules" (which the rules would show based on sounds G-ah/uh-ss "goss"). It just goes by how named by creators, DE.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

What I'm intrested in is your idea that it is impossible to form any rational conclusion on the origin of the name

Didn't say it was impossible? I said only the creators, DE, can prove the origin of the name. They made it and until they say or dont say it is or isnt based of off Carl Friedrich Gauss, no one can be certain.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

No those things aren't evidence. However in the instance of Gauss name origin there is plenty of evidence

No there isn't. It's not evidence it's assumptions based off of comparisons.

Language rules dont change between countires unless they have a seperate alphabet (russia, greece, china, japan etc.), still when those regions apply english or german they follow the set rules.

Language rules change between languages not alphabets...

A and U has a specific pronounciation in western languages, it is the exact same for english, danish, german, dutch, swedish, norwegian etc. What differentiates it slightly are local dialects, but the rules are still the exact same.

Actually they dont have specific pronunciations LOL. Not in their own language, different words and letters in words change how a letter or word is or isn't pronounced...

And as I said, only a blind person doesnt see the connections between the Gausses

It doesn't matter if they're connections or not it doesn't prove the origin of the name, it doesn't prove the pronunciation of DE's characters name. Because even with a connection, DE's Gauss is their own intellectual property separate from anything else, unless they mair it otherwise. god read what I say please I'm just repeating myself...

It is also not illiogical because the connection between theory and frame are there in his kit.

That's assumption of the names origin, assumptions by definition are illogical because they rely on no evidence. 

The illogical part lies with you because you refuse to see the points where they connect

Have I? Or have I refused to assume what DE's done with their own intellectual property and its values?

But since you fail to understand how simple rules regarding words work I expect you dont understand the meaning of logic either.

I do understand them, clearly better than you. I also understand naming and intellectual property. You don't seem to. You fail to recognize what I'm even saying so. Call me illogical for being right...

3 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

You're saying this to someone who claims that the sword frame and the legendary sword sharing the name "Excalibur" is a complete coincidence, to say nothing of the Avalon (island in Arthurian legend) helmet, the Pendragon (Arthur's surname) helmet and the Mordred (a traitor within Arthurian legend) helmet. And don't even get me started on the term "Exalted Blade" and how that's a very good description for a sword that bequeaths kingship upon the wielder.

Logic just doesn't exist within their reality, why bother.

Didn't say a complete coincidence. But it's much a possibility. It's until DE makes a claim on the names of their intellectual property that their origins will be within DE. I can't decide for them if they named their own character based on something or not. I couldn't tell you your forum name is based on either a Monkey, DE, or calling DE a monkey, or impersonating DE as a monkey as humor. I can make assumptions, but I can't tell you why you made that name, only you can. 

Logic is what I've been providing, all of you fail to recognize, or even properly read what I say, because I've had to repeat myself due to you people not understanding, taking conclusions that aren't there, and making things up... I've used facts you are all just refusing to understand how naming works and everything alongside it. Sure you can say whatever you want about these things being connected, and you may be right about that, you might even be right about the origin of the name(s). But it's an assumption, assumptions are based not on evidence, and therefore illogical. It also doesn't prove that DE has made their names on that origin until they make a statement on it admitting it is or isn't.