Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the audio of the Gauss video re-recorded.

Prexades

23 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Language rules change between languages not alphabets...

No, not phonetics, they are constant no matter where you are. As I said, the phonetics rules can be broken by dialects and language barriers i.e having trouble pronoucing certain phonetical tones correctly. However, that doesnt mean the rules arent there or that a name/word isnt meant to be pronounced in a certain way.

Gows, or Goss works perfectly fine, but only one of them is actually pronounced correctly. We often dont point that out when foreigners butcher our names or those of our cities etc. I dont expect foreigners to pronounce my name as I do, yet it still follows the same phonetical structure for both me and them. Just as I wouldnt talk with a hard swedish pronounciation of my name when talking to a foreigner because they simply wouldnt graps it, that is why you shift it into an english structure and dialect which is easier to comprehend around non-natives in most cases.

3 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

Different countries, different pronunciations. You can't expect non Germans to be more perfect in the language than Germans themselves. 

You know what the funny part is. I think a massive amount of those complaining about the pronounciation of Gauss are english native speakers that wouldnt be able to pronounce most foreign names correctly even if someone held a gun to their head. However they wanted to find a nitpick subject and managed to no-life dig on the interwebz to find someone going through the pronouncination of Gauss. I dount they use his name properly aswell. I also think those same nitpickers are saying Gowssian regarding the theory and not gowssien as it should be.

8 hours ago, SilentMobius said:

So,

Gauss is the name of a very, very famous German mathemitician and because of that, his name was used for the unit of magnetic flux density. (As has been said)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:De-carlfriedrichgauss.ogg

Magnetic flux is fundimental to electromagnetically propelled weapons which is why they were nicknamed gauss-weapons. These weapons are commonly thought to accelerate rounds much faster than conventional explosives.

Now obviously that is why Gauss-the-Warframe is named the way he is (Look at the Helmet Gauss->Mag and Mag->Gauss)

Amusingly I don't think this is actually a US/UK/German/Canada thing, I think it's a Sci-Fi-Nerd/Scientist thing. People who mispronounce it probably got it from sci-fi books talking about "Gauss-weapons" without a pronounciation guide and eventually propogated it into the things they made. Much like how the "Glaive" in Dark Sector and Warframe happened because of Krull

That said, the curator of the Lavarian pronounces it correctly, so obviously the correct prononciation exists in the Warframe world and attached to that Warframe.

Maybe it's simply that Lotus/Natah the Sentient doesn't know how all of the human words work?

After all, she still has issues with calling the Oro-Kin the oh-RO-Kin.

You know... semi-joking here but; Maybe all these mispronounciations from the Lotus are a roundabout hint at her having some braindamage, or maybe a malfunction with the Lotus helmet?

I mean you have:

Oro-kin she somehow butchers into saying oh-ROE-kin (compare it to how all other in-game characters say Orokin, Lotus is the only one that says it so oddly)

Tit-ahn-ia she pronounces as Tight-ey-nia (although, that one is understandable, due to how Americans say Titanium, even though it's unrelated)

Gauss she somehow pronounces as Goss (she's not English, so there's no excuse for this odd pronounciation)

Spoiler

So, no wonder the Sentient had such an easy time to brainwash her back over to their side again 😛

5 hours ago, (XB1)GaussPrime said:

With the logic of this thread I should've taken them all to court then, yes?

I don't see anyone suggesting something so drastic?

1 hour ago, SneakyErvin said:

I think a massive amount of those complaining about the pronounciation of Gauss are english native speakers that wouldnt be able to pronounce most foreign names correctly even if someone held a gun to their head.

You could put a gun to my head and bribe me with a fortune, still wouldn't manage it.

My initial post here holds my actual complaint, although states that as long as we all understand one another it doesn't actually matter. I can deal with it being pronounced wrong in the profile video just fine, although as mentioned earlier, from an educational perspective I can see the appeal in rectifying the video to match that heard in game and in real life.

However they wanted to find a nitpick subject and managed to no-life dig on the interwebz to find someone going through the pronouncination of Gauss.

Could have also just played Red Dead Redemption 2, wherein a German character plays a pivotal role by the name of Herr Strauss with a similar pronunciation. Or heard how "Auschwitz" is pronounced and presumed the "aus" bit sounds similar across the two words.

I doubt many people with a complaint had to "no life dig on the interwebz" beforehand.

14 minutes ago, Azamagon said:

You know... semi-joking here but; Maybe all these mispronounciations from the Lotus are a roundabout hint at her having some braindamage, or maybe a malfunction with the Lotus helmet?

What if it's not a malfunction at all? This has been released post-abandonment, what if this is a small attempt to tear us apart?

Death by a thousand mispronunciations.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

No, not phonetics, they are constant no matter where you are. As I said, the phonetics rules can be broken by dialects and language barriers i.e having trouble pronoucing certain phonetical tones correctly. However, that doesnt mean the rules arent there or that a name/word isnt meant to be pronounced in a certain way

Uh yeah sure whatever you say.

Besides, if that's true like I said it still doesn't change the fact when you name something you own you can pronounce how you want. Not only does it follow the English rules anyway, they're allowed to pronounce it how they want...

Gows, or Goss works perfectly fine, but only one of them is actually pronounced correctly.

That's not true... Well it depends on where the name is in use, but yes two can't be right at the same time.

We often dont point that out when foreigners butcher our names or those of our cities etc. I dont expect foreigners to pronounce my name as I do, yet it still follows the same phonetical structure for both me and them. Just as I wouldnt talk with a hard swedish pronounciation of my name when talking to a foreigner because they simply wouldnt graps it, that is why you shift it into an english structure and dialect which is easier to comprehend around non-natives in most cases

Alright and that's why I said it's two different names. DE can pronounce how they want it's their intellectual properties name... They have their own, rule and whatever phonetical structure is followed...

4 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Besides, if that's true like I said it still doesn't change the fact when you name something you own you can pronounce how you want. Not only does it follow the English rules anyway, they're allowed to pronounce it how they want...

That's not true... Well it depends on where the name is in use, but yes two can't be right at the same time.

Alright and that's why I said it's two different names. DE can pronounce how they want it's their intellectual properties name... They have their own, rule and whatever phonetical structure is followed...

It doesnt follow the english rules even, exception are however made regarding it being OK to pronounce it differenty due to dialects. The rules are however the same, phonetic writing is the exact same in germany as it is in england or the US. Phonetics are there to help foreigners and students with how new words are supposed to be spoken correctly. There is really only one absolute correct way to pronounce a word, the rest are just dialect anomalies or whatever you wanna call it. And no it doesnt matter if they "made it up" or not, it would still be an actual name they are using with the exact same spelling.

My point is however, which you problably missed since you still try to shove your own made up thing at me, that it doesnt matter one bit to me if they pronounce Gauss germanicly correct or if they americanize/brittify it since both are all ok and understandable in my book. That however doesnt mean that the rules are less important, otherwise you'll eventually end up with a generation of kids that speak something less likely to be understood than grineer speak. Even the people born in the 70's are horrible when it comes to using proper language here and mix in words that could mean what they are trying to say, but in the end really doesnt. And that S#&$ comes from anyone, be it the news anchor on the TV or the journalist in your local paper butchering your language, same S#&$, different sources.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It doesnt follow the english rules even, exception are however made regarding it being OK to pronounce it differenty due to dialects. The rules are however the same, phonetic writing is the exact same in germany as it is in england or the US. Phonetics are there to help foreigners and students with how new words are supposed to be spoken correctly. There is really only one absolute correct way to pronounce a word, the rest are just dialect anomalies or whatever you wanna call it. And no it doesnt matter if they "made it up" or not, it would still be an actual name they are using with the exact same spelling.

My point is however, which you problably missed since you still try to shove your own made up thing at me, that it doesnt matter one bit to me if they pronounce Gauss germanicly correct or if they americanize/brittify it since both are all ok and understandable in my book. That however doesnt mean that the rules are less important, otherwise you'll eventually end up with a generation of kids that speak something less likely to be understood than grineer speak. Even the people born in the 70's are horrible when it comes to using proper language here and mix in words that could mean what they are trying to say, but in the end really doesnt. And that S#&$ comes from anyone, be it the news anchor on the TV or the journalist in your local paper butchering your language, same S#&$, different sources.

Wow you're still wrong and still seem to not understand what I've said and I don't want to retype something for the seventh time... so sure whatever you say...

20 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

you're wrong abt the correct pronunciation of this word, and you are not exactly a native english speaker, if you're nsw. your language is a mutation, just as american english is. no bias or undertones here, merely stating a fact. and you dont understand intellectual properties. you can't IP something that you openly have admitted is taken from somewhere else. at the end of the day DE has right to pronounce it the way they want to, but, for the record, it is not correct.

if you have used all the determination you have wasted in this thread since the beginning on *actually* researching the legacy of this word/name and understanding it, we all would have had much better quality of experience coming from seeing your posts, tenno.

1 hour ago, tzadquiel said:

you're wrong abt the correct pronunciation of this word, and you are not exactly a native english speaker, if you're nsw

Do you know what NSW means? It means I play Nintendo Switch... I'm not wrong about the pronunciation because guess what there is more than one way to pronounce it and one of those ways is DE's, since they named their own character that name. They made the pronunciation and whether or not anyone likes it, it is right.

your language is a mutation, just as american english is. no bias or undertones here, merely stating a fact.

Yes it's a mutation. Thank you for explaining English is a mutation of English... not a fact lmao all English is just bits and pieces of other languages lol...

and you dont understand intellectual properties. you can't IP something that you openly have admitted is taken from somewhere else

A. I do thank you. B. you're right you can't. C. When did they say, or openly admit, to take it from somewhere else? 

at the end of the day DE has right to pronounce it the way they want to, but, for the record, it is not correct.

Dude omg you cannot literally put those two ideas in the same sentence. DE has the right to pronounce how they want yes, and it is right. It may not be the way Carl Friedrich Gauss' name is pronounced, but it is right to DE's Gauss...

if you have used all the determination you have wasted in this thread since the beginning on *actually* researching the legacy of this word/name and understanding it, we all would have had much better quality of experience coming from seeing your posts, tenno.

Oh yes the legacy of this word (they're names lol)... Which one do you refer to? Because I know about Carl Friedrich Gauss, sure. However I don't know to much about the Gauss Warframe's name "legacy" despite researching. Would you like to know why? Because DE hasn't released a statment on it, no where yet has DE said the origin on Gauss' name... so we can't assume it, and even if we do it doesn't change the pronunciation that DE has.

1 hour ago, kyori said:

Just a UK vs USA kinda thing

Yeah and people don't realize pronunciations change depending on where you are in the world...

2 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Dude omg you cannot literally put those two ideas in the same sentence. DE has the right to pronounce how they want yes, and it is right. It may not be the way Carl Friedrich Gauss' name is pronounced, but it is right to DE's Gauss...

Oh yes the legacy of this word (they're names lol)... Which one do you refer to? Because I know about Carl Friedrich Gauss, sure. However I don't know to much about the Gauss Warframe's name "legacy" despite researching. Would you like to know why? Because DE hasn't released a statment on it, no where yet has DE said the origin on Gauss' name... so we can't assume it, and even if we do it doesn't change the pronunciation that DE has.

He literally can can put those two ideas in the same sentence, he literally just has. You just think he shouldn't. 

We can assume the origin of the name. You even agreed with this earlier. I understand you have this absurd idea that unless the origin is provern (and an absurd idea that a statment by DE would do this) we can not use it to inform the pronounciation. However most people consider the evidence strong enougth to treat Gauss name origin effectivly as a fact. This is reasonable and still logical*. If you accept the names origin the idea that DE can pronounce it how they want but are still pronouncing it wrong makes sense.

*A premise dose not have to be true to have loic applied to it. Obviously faulty premises can lead to faulty conclusions. It is virtualy impossible to prove anything to 100% certainty. Thus we use the best avaliable evidence to to determin which premises are most likely true. If new evidence later suggest we were wrong we can reassess a premise. As an example take the classic,

All men are mortal.

Socrates is a man.

Socrates is mortal.

Logicaly sound. However, indispuatble as the first premise is (all men are mortal), it is not actully 100% certain. It would require us to verify that every individual man has died. As long as a man lives this has not been done.

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

He literally can can put those two ideas in the same sentence, he literally just has. You just think he shouldn't

Lol you are one of those people. Who complain when people misuse litteraly because they're using a hyperbole...

38 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

We can assume the origin of the name. You even agreed with this earlier.

You can. But it never makes it right and by definition is illogical. It doesn't prove it right until DE says so.

39 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

I understand you have this absurd idea that unless the origin is provern (and an absurd idea that a statment by DE would do this) we can not use it to inform the pronounciation

It's not absurd. It's how it works. It's DE's intellectual property, they name it how they want, and pronounce it how they want. They're pronunciation is right for their character. They haven't made a statement on the origin of the name, so we can assume what it is, but we can't know it until DE says so. Jesus please read this so you understand I've said it too many times...

42 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

However most people consider the evidence strong enougth to treat Gauss name origin effectivly as a fact.

It's not evidence holy f*** it's assumptions based on comparison.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

This is reasonable and still logical

Nope, may make sense to you. But by definition of assumption, it's illogical because it's no natter what uncertain.

45 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

If you accept the names origin the idea that DE can pronounce it how they want but are still pronouncing it wrong makes sense.

That really makes no sense what.

Anyway, from what I can decipher. No, even if the origin is Carl Friedrich Gauss. They still pronounce it how they want. And based on different dialects they are even correct. It's a type of pronunciation, some words and names have more than one.

48 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

*A premise dose not have to be true to have loic applied to it. Obviously faulty premises can lead to faulty conclusions. It is virtualy impossible to prove anything to 100% certainty. Thus we use the best avaliable evidence to to determin which premises are most likely true. If new evidence later suggest we were wrong we can reassess a premise. As an example take the classic,

First off, never said it did... I said assumptions are illogical. And it not virtually impossible to prove anything???? Can you not prove you're alive? Can I not prove I have a foot? Can I not prove my gender? Can I not prove my own name? Because i can, and yes with a 100% certainty. If you can't be certain that's a paranoia problem, not a logic problem...

51 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

All men are mortal.

Socrates is a man.

Socrates is mortal.

Logicaly sound. However, indispuatble as the first premise is (all men are mortal), it is not actully 100% certain. It would require us to verify that every individual man has died. As long as a man lives this has not been done.

Nice you're right but those are paradox's... doesn't mean nothing is provable...

Really?  All the things going on, even just in gaming, and THIS is the hill people want to die on?

Fine yeah, whatever makes you happy then.  Except it seems it doesn't make people happy.  People are viciously, incredibly upset over what is, possibly and *literally* the stupidest, tiniest possible detail.  But go ahead, nothing I have to say will make any difference either way.

4 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

He can though because the right way is the original way i.e the german(ic) way. Everything else is a mutation of that, but the intended way is still the actual correct way because it is the same name since they both share the exact same spelling. Both are also western words that follow the same phonetics. 

Dialects and accents just happens to break rules, which in the end is all ok, but the rules arent there any less just because of it. 

Your issue is imagining that there are no rules when there are, which is why you say he cant say what he said. But he is correct, DE has the right to pronounce it how they want, however it isnt the actual right way. I pronounce it as DE does aswell when I speak or read english and things like Gauss rifles are mentioned for instance. But when my mind isnt set on english and instead I read or speak about it in swedish I will pronounce it the german way. That is because my brain has that tie between swedish and german since my school years way back.

6 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

He can though because the right way is the original way i.e the german(ic) way. Everything else is a mutation of that, but the intended way is still the actual correct way because it is the same name since they both share the exact same spelling. Both are also western words that follow the same phonetics

He can't say that DE can pronounce it how they want, and say they pronounce wrong...

Also it's not a mutation of it... It's another pronunciation... There isn't a "intended way" it is a name, not a word. They're not the same name just because they share same spelling. That's like saying the Gauss warframe and Carl Friedrich Gauss are the same because they share a name...

9 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Your issue is imagining that there are no rules when there are, which is why you say he cant say what he said.

You're issue is deciding things for other people.

I don't do that... You assume I do... He can say what he did, you're taking it literally when it was more of a hyperbole. I mean he sounds stupid, and it doesn't make sense, because he said DE is both right and wrong about the same thing. He directly contradicts himself. 

11 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

But he is correct, DE has the right to pronounce it how they want, however it isnt the actual right way.

Okay no, it is the actual right way, for them. It may not be for Carl Friedrich Gauss, but for their own intellectual property, it is.

12 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

I pronounce it as DE does aswell when I speak or read english and things like Gauss rifles are mentioned for instance. But when my mind isnt set on english and instead I read or speak about it in swedish I will pronounce it the german way. That is because my brain has that tie between swedish and german since my school years way back

So you're admitting there is two ways (both correct) to say it. Thanks.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Lol you are one of those people. Who complain when people misuse litteraly because they're using a hyperbole...

You can. But it never makes it right and by definition is illogical. It doesn't prove it right until DE says so.

It's not absurd. It's how it works. It's DE's intellectual property, they name it how they want, and pronounce it how they want. They're pronunciation is right for their character. They haven't made a statement on the origin of the name, so we can assume what it is, but we can't know it until DE says so. Jesus please read this so you understand I've said it too many times...

It's not evidence holy f*** it's assumptions based on comparison.

Nope, may make sense to you. But by definition of assumption, it's illogical because it's no natter what uncertain.

That really makes no sense what.

Anyway, from what I can decipher. No, even if the origin is Carl Friedrich Gauss. They still pronounce it how they want. And based on different dialects they are even correct. It's a type of pronunciation, some words and names have more than one.

First off, never said it did... I said assumptions are illogical. And it not virtually impossible to prove anything???? Can you not prove you're alive? Can I not prove I have a foot? Can I not prove my gender? Can I not prove my own name? Because i can, and yes with a 100% certainty. If you can't be certain that's a paranoia problem, not a logic problem...

Nice you're right but those are paradox's... doesn't mean nothing is provable...

Sorry for the sloppy formatting. Doing this on PS4 isn't ideal.

No I'm particuarly bothered by people misusing litrally. However considering how caught up on minor details you are I found it amusing that you are not.

It's not illogical to reach a conclussion based on evidence. It is actullay a major part of logic.

A statment from DE would not offer 100% certainty, it would only be evidence. DE are both capable of being wrong and capable of lying. Accepting their statement (on the origin of the name) as true would be an assumption. I would laregly agree a statment on how they choose to pronounce it would be definnitive on how they choose to prounce the name. However even that bizzarly could be treated as false. If DE issued a statment " We choose to pronounce the warframes name Gauss as or-gon," but there is no example of them ever having done this and no future example of them doing this it would be reasonable to consider that a false statment.

It's ironic you complain about people not understanding your point when you keep doing the same thing. I was not talking about the assumption as evidence (for the pronounciation). I was reffering to the comparrisons as evidence (for the assumption), and you earlier aggred this is evidence.

Skipping this to cover it latter.

I don't really care about this as it doesn't relate to whether the name origin can reasonably be considered provern. But anyway. Something can be correct or incorrect dependant on the perspective it is veiwed from. In this case, if we accept the name is to be that of the mathmatcian, his name has a correct pronounciation, and we hold the perspective pronouncing it diffrently for any reason is incorrect, then the warframe Gauss has a correct pronounciation. However DE are free to apply the name incorrectly. I don't nesscarily agree with this but can see it is not non-sensical.

Assumptions are non-true premises. I can prove all those things to a reasonable degree. However it is impossible to prove to them with 100% certainity. It's manily becuases ultimatley there are some presuppostions (assumptions) that must be used (efectivly taken on faith). Foe example we must presuppose that logic is a reliable system for determining truth,  that our sense report reliable information, or that reality excists outside our perceptions. These can not be provern logically but are nesscary to be accepted to procede with logic or anything else. However ultimatly any proof you (say of having a foot) you trace back will eventually reach these assumptions. So you cannot prove anything 100% certain becuase ultimatly all proofs are based on assumptions.

Paradoxes are a important aspect of logic. By your own reasoning you can not say a living man (say yourself) is mortal, since to say "all men are mortal" is an assumption.

5 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Sorry for the sloppy formatting. Doing this on PS4 isn't ideal.

No I'm particuarly bothered by people misusing litrally. However considering how caught up on minor details you are I found it amusing that you are not

Well when the entire idea at hand is a minor detail, the corresponding details seem even more minor. Also like I said using literally was a hyperbole I was wrong to do it, just expression doesn't translate through text. 

It's not illogical to reach a conclussion based on evidence. It is actullay a major part of logic.

You right it's not? I didn't say it was? But guess what, that's not an assumption. Because I did say those are illogical.

A statment from DE would not offer 100% certainty, it would only be evidence

No it would be 100%. You may think they could be lying or whatever. But it's more than evidence. It's raw facts. It would prove what they've based the frame on, if you can't figure that out you're just lying to yourself.

DE are both capable of being wrong and capable of lying.

LOL THEY CAN BE WRONG ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF THEIR OWN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY'S NAME? NO SIR.

Accepting their statement (on the origin of the name) as true would be an assumption

You've made it clear. You're stupid.

No, it wouldn't.

Let's quote google shall we.

"a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof"

A statement makes it proof. It's really the only valid proof applicable in this situation since they used the name and haven't said why. 

I would laregly agree a statment on how they choose to pronounce it would be definnitive on how they choose to prounce the name

You've literally, this time no hyperbole, directly juxtaposed yourself. Absolutely and entirely just contradicted everything you've just said. Wow.

However even that bizzarly could be treated as false.

Sure it could be treated as false, as an opinion.  By retards.

If DE issued a statment " We choose to pronounce the warframes name Gauss as or-gon," but there is no example of them ever having done this and no future example of them doing this it would be reasonable to consider that a false statment.

No it wouldn't how does it just become a false statement... but no company wants to look like absolute retards.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

It's ironic you complain about people not understanding your point when you keep doing the same thing.

I complain about it, but more so it's how it's taken out of context or not read at all it seems sometimes. Also next up, "how I do the same thing"

I was not talking about the assumption as evidence (for the pronounciation). I was reffering to the comparrisons as evidence (for the assumption), and you earlier aggred this is evidence

Okay first of all when you type like this it's not easy to follow... Anyway I don't recall saying the comparison (your basis for assumption) is evidence... but let's see what you originally said.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

However most people consider the evidence strong enougth to treat Gauss name origin effectivly as a fact

So you didn't put down what evidence you referred too? Yet you expected me to just what read your mind? Sorry. Also your comparisons only count as evidence for the assumption, know I see where tou think I said that. No this is what I said, thank you for again taking it out of context. I didn't misunderstand you, you didn't give context.

Skipping this to cover it latter.

Skipping over what???

I don't really care about this as it doesn't relate to whether the name origin can reasonably be considered provern. But anyway. Something can be correct or incorrect dependant on the perspective it is veiwed from. In this case, if we accept the name is to be that of the mathmatcian, his name has a correct pronounciation, and we hold the perspective pronouncing it diffrently for any reason is incorrect, then the warframe Gauss has a correct pronounciation. However DE are free to apply the name incorrectly. I don't nesscarily agree with this but can see it is not non-sensical.

Okay most of that, no.

Even if, like I've said, even if his name is based on Carl Friedrich Gauss. Dialects are different and DE has still the choice how to name their character, it would be out of context maybe, not incorrect. Maybe misleading, not incorrect. So cirrently they're applying the name independently, not incorrectly. Until of course they say otherwise, which even then not incorrect because of what I just said.

Assumptions are non-true premises. I can prove all those things to a reasonable degree

All what things jesus wtf.

However it is impossible to prove to them with 100% certainity.

Okay unless you're referring to your paradoxes, no. Give me any slight doubt I can be wrong about how I have a foot. Because I have a foot, it's my foot, I can feel it and see it, it's there and mine. Prove me wrong at all.

It's manily becuases ultimatley there are some presuppostions (assumptions) that must be used (efectivly taken on faith). Foe example we must presuppose that logic is a reliable system for determining truth,  that our sense report reliable information, or that reality excists outside our perceptions. These can not be provern logically but are nesscary to be accepted to procede with logic or anything else

We don't have to assume that, but you don't have to prove it to 100% certainty if it works 100% of the time... you are giving such narrow answers that don't apply to most things making your points useless...

However ultimatly any proof you (say of having a foot) you trace back will eventually reach these assumptions. So you cannot prove anything 100% certain becuase ultimatly all proofs are based on assumptions.

Not always, I've never assumed I've had a foot, i figured it out when I was about 16 months old and my mother said "Where's your foot? There it is!" However some things will reach an assumption, but that doesn't mean its founded or based on assumption...

Paradoxes are a important aspect of logic. By your own reasoning you can not say a living man (say yourself) is mortal, since to say "all men are mortal" is an assumption

You're right? Maybe re read what i said, or possibly just read it to begin with, it seems like you didnt... paradoxes sure, count as an aspect of logic, but it's a kind of logic that has its own meaning because they are true but at the same time juxtapose each other. But again, you're providing narrow examples that dont apply to most things, therefore you aren't proving a point.

You need to understand what I say because the way you reply doesn't directly relate to what I say and you're making little to no sense and definitely not making a point...

On 2019-08-30 at 5:36 AM, HugintheCrow said:

No, in fact I've proven everything, and everything you said is wrong. As you said, there is no way I'm wrong at anything, if I say something it's true. It's you who's wrong.

Why are you wrong? Because I said so.

In the malformed reality of your delusional mind, there is no such thing as logic or reason, so I can do what I want here.

For example, I now call dibs on being right within your world. Hence, I'm the only person allowed to be right, you can no longer disagree with me.

My first rule after declaring myself "the rightness" is that you're always wrong. Sucks to be you, huh?

My second rule is that Gauss is named after Gauss. This ends this argument, as my word is final.

Third of all, I'm still waiting on that contact adress, so I can give my condolences to your family

Okay so for some reason I never noticed this before.

Maybe, maybe my brain is so efficient it realized it didn't want me reading whatever this retards said, so it made me ignore it.

Anyway you're the one who came up with this bullsh*t no logic and whatever. I've been reasonable, logical, and sensible. You've failed to recognize that due to your lack to even directly respond to anything I say, you've probably failed to even read it, that is, if you can, of course... 

Anyway idfk you're the one making these principles and if I'm using whatever the f*** bulls*** you're spewing out, I can say I wiped you off the earth of existence, deleted your fortnite account, (don't lie we all know you play that 20 hours a day) and I've also turned your house it cotton candy.  And I'm making some rules my self.

Rule numero uno. U dum

Dos. U cant make rules

Three in spanish. I'm better than you

Okay get how stupid that sounds? Probably not seeing as you're a brain deficient degenerate. (Guess you don't see the irony there)

Well, its an American Gauss 😄.

They say "au" in gauss the same way like they say au in "overhaul", "shopping haul". 

If we are really scrupulous about it, take a look at Simaris line: 

"Alright Hunter, I will reward you, should you perform the synthesis".

There is an emphatic construction used in the first conditional( this should instead of if). However, this shouldnt be like this. Emphasis appears on the beginning of the sentence or we dont use it at all in conditionals. I asked my English teachers about it and they claim what I have said above. 

So it should be either: "Alright Hunter, should you perform the synthesis, I will reward you" or "Alright Hunter, I will reward you if you perform the synthesis". 

Its not really big mistake, only small construction issue. But they dont have to know about it, do they? 

Edited by Bagadyr

43 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Okay first of all when you type like this it's not easy to follow.

Yes I understand that. As I said doing this on PS4 is far from ideal. For the post to make more sense you'd have to match each section to it's corrosponding section of quote. I understand this is incredibly tedious. I suppose I could number them. Anyway feel free to end the conversation if that is too annoying for you. It would be ashame as I'm enjoying it, though not enougth to bother turning my pc on just to post.