Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Prexades

Can we have the audio of the Gauss video re-recorded.

43 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Okay first of all when you type like this it's not easy to follow.

Yes I understand that. As I said doing this on PS4 is far from ideal. For the post to make more sense you'd have to match each section to it's corrosponding section of quote. I understand this is incredibly tedious. I suppose I could number them. Anyway feel free to end the conversation if that is too annoying for you. It would be ashame as I'm enjoying it, though not enougth to bother turning my pc on just to post.

10 minutes ago, Bagadyr said:

tell me if Im wrong

Given I live in England and have heard them pronounced consistently as "ow-dee" and "mer-say-dees" I'd say you're wrong.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Yes I understand that. As I said doing this on PS4 is far from ideal. For the post to make more sense you'd have to match each section to it's corrosponding section of quote. I understand this is incredibly tedious. I suppose I could number them. Anyway feel free to end the conversation if that is too annoying for you. It would be ashame as I'm enjoying it, though not enougth to bother turning my pc on just to post.

I meant your grammar, I pretty much figured out the rest, also no phone?

3 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I meant your grammar, I pretty much figured out the rest, also no phone?

Ah I see. To be honest yours is hard to follow too sometimes. By the way did you in one post say about Gauss being named after Usain Bolt becuase they both have U in the name? Would have sworn you did but now I can't find it. Perhaps I am going mad.

17 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Given I live in England and have heard them pronounced consistently as "ow-dee" and "mer-say-dees" I'd say you're wrong.

Then Im sorry, I have seen somebody explained it in a video, where mercedes name was presented as three words but I didnt remember that it was it. 

So audi is pronounced just like in German. I thought there was different pronounciation for English. Sorry.

Just now, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Ah I see. To be honest yours is hard to follow too sometimes. By the way did you in one post say about Gauss being named after Usain Bolt becuase they both have U in the name? Would have sworn you did but now I can't find it. Perhaps I am going mad.

I did lol. I'm trying not to use bad grammar but when these ideas are so out there and I gotta explain my thinking without giving off the wrong expression. It's annoying lol.

13 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

He can't say that DE can pronounce it how they want, and say they pronounce wrong...

Also it's not a mutation of it... It's another pronunciation... There isn't a "intended way" it is a name, not a word. They're not the same name just because they share same spelling. That's like saying the Gauss warframe and Carl Friedrich Gauss are the same because they share a name...

You're issue is deciding things for other people.

I don't do that... You assume I do... He can say what he did, you're taking it literally when it was more of a hyperbole. I mean he sounds stupid, and it doesn't make sense, because he said DE is both right and wrong about the same thing. He directly contradicts himself. 

Okay no, it is the actual right way, for them. It may not be for Carl Friedrich Gauss, but for their own intellectual property, it is.

So you're admitting there is two ways (both correct) to say it. Thanks.

It isnt their IP though, you cannot IP an exsisting name. There is a specific pronounciation tied to said name, everything else is a dialect, accent or other mutation. In this case it is the english mutation of a german name. It is also infact an exsisting word and not just a name. That happened when it turned into a theoretical subject with a name derived from the man.

Just as it is DE Atlas, Loki, Oberon, Titania and so on. They all come with their intended pronounciations, which in several of those cases gets broken time and time again throughout the course of history, yet only one is the original and correct way. 

I also think you dont understand that I am infact agreeing with you that DE can pronounce it how they like and not the german way. But not due to the odd "white knight" reasons you hang onto. It just makes it look silly when you come up with a bunch of pointless defense standpoints when the simple a true one would be "it is a name, it can be pronounced in several ways across the world". However, you are hellbent on going the extra step, which makes you lose all credibility on the subject.

I know someone named "Audi", she pronounces it "Awe-dee"... (not ow-dee)

It's a name her mother chose; perhaps she liked the car's name, or she liked the meaning of the word... who knows? I never asked. It's right either way, because it's her name, and she can choose to pronounce it however she wishes.

From what i understand you can name your kid Andy and pronounce it John.

This is DE's baby. They named it. You can say it how you want.

Few of my friends got in an argument over titania's pronunciation, someone dug into it, we were all right, depending on where you prefer to originate it from.

I really don't think it matters, I appreciate Japanese history, going back far enough and you find important figures changed their name  every week: "Today I have united city A & B, forget Lou Shoe Cray, some of you may now call me Tim."

I think the only real name issue is the Kepesh longsword skin, as it literally isn't a Kepesh and that's nothing but cultural ignorance. It's a shotel.

anyone know about Dakka Prime? The sword with a name based on the sound of gunfire. 

On 2019-09-02 at 12:35 PM, SneakyErvin said:

It isnt their IP though, you cannot IP an exsisting name.

Read what I say.

Also intellectual property not the name, the warframe. Not to mention you can't ever IP a name, so Carl Friedrich Gauss, isn't a one time name or something lol...

There is a specific pronounciation tied to said name, everything else is a dialect, accent or other mutation

Yes tied to that specific name, not that names spelling or other people or things with that name. 

In this case it is the english mutation of a german name

A. No. B. When did DE say they named it off Carl Friedrich Gauss again??? Don't remember it. Even if they did it's not a mutation mate.

It is also infact an exsisting word and not just a name.

LOL IT'S A NAME. "Infact" lmao that's not, infact...

Just as it is DE Atlas, Loki, Oberon, Titania and so on. They all come with their intended pronounciations, which in several of those cases gets broken time and time again throughout the course of history, yet only one is the original and correct way.

Really prove those to me? Because as I recall DE named those intellectual properties too and did it how they want with their wanted pronunciation, as their allowed too. Sir, you have the wrong precedent and know instead of failing to prove a point, you're proving mine.

I also think you dont understand that I am infact agreeing with you that DE can pronounce it how they like and not the german way.

I do understand that, but you're saying they're wrong to do so. And they are not. 

But not due to the odd "white knight" reasons you hang onto.

Huh wtf yeah okay. My reasoning is applicable, sensible and overall right... but yeah you only just used wrong precedent to prove the wrong point, I've got the held onto reasoning.

Maybe if you'd actually understand what I say, I wouldn't have to repeat it time and time again because you make the same regurgitated comments that are wrong...

It just makes it look silly when you come up with a bunch of pointless defense standpoints when the simple a true one would be "it is a name, it can be pronounced in several ways across the world".

Really? I haven't said that. Wow you really haven't read what I've said...

And also pointless defense standpoints? All my reasoning has had points, not my fault you clearly don't read it... It only looks silly when you say a true statement would be, well I don't know, SOMETHING I'VE SAID.

However, you are hellbent on going the extra step, which makes you lose all credibility on the subject

What extra step? Being right? Or actually reading what you've said? Also since when does going an extra step make you lose credibility lmao. 

Okay with that logic I could say you have no credibility. The fact that you think you can just say I've lost credibility for doing something, which you didnt even say what, where it makes me lose all credibility, makes you look like the fool.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Yes tied to that specific name, not that names spelling or other people or things with that name. 

It is tied to every name with that specific spelling because that is how words and names work. If they start putting diacritics in there then the pronounciation of the letter combination changes. So in that sense DE are pronouncing it wrongly, since we are looking at the core, the origin of the name and what region it initially comes from. However, that still ends up in acceptable territory when it comes to pronounciation because DE are in fact not german and most names adapted and pronounced by english speakers are often wrong and far from the origin.

As for Loki and the others, my point is not that DE are wrong in their pronounciation any more than they are wrong with Gauss, because the rules, as I said earlier, are very often broken when it comes to language barriers. That is the point where the pronounciation is both correct and wrong depending on how someone nitpicks. What you refuse to understand is that there are rules, no matter if they are obsessively applied or not. It doesnt matter if it is their IP or not, the names still have an origin and a specific letter setup which makes them follow certain rules.

The extra lengths you go to and the reason why it is not seen as you've said  "it is a name, it can be pronounced in several ways across the world" is that you try and claim that there are no rules tied to it. That is my whole issue with your reasoning because you are correct in that names can and will be pronounced differently.

5 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It is tied to every name with that specific spelling because that is how words and names work

Uh no it isn't lol, words sure, and even there is dialects then. But names, no.

If they start putting diacritics in there then the pronounciation of the letter combination changes.

That's why they aren't doing that lol.

So in that sense DE are pronouncing it wrongly, since we are looking at the core, the origin of the name and what region it initially comes from.

DUDE. A. WE DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN. B. THEY ARENT PRONOUNCING IT WRONG BECAUSE WHAT YOU SAID IS MADE UP BS

Now please, READ THAT ^

However, that still ends up in acceptable territory when it comes to pronounciation because DE are in fact not german and most names adapted and pronounced by english speakers are often wrong and far from the origin.

First part yes you're right that's what I've been saying... second English speakers sure can be wrong of pronunciations and origins, for words, and even those have different dialects altering pronunciation, which isn't wrong. However since it's a name it doesn't matter, and we don't know the names origin since DE hasn't said it and even if they did, different dialects and pronunciations still....

As for Loki and the others, my point is not that DE are wrong in their pronounciation any more than they are wrong with Gauss

I knew that???? That's why I said what I said, which is they aren't wrong at all.

6 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

because the rules, as I said earlier, are very often broken when it comes to language barriers

This isn't a language barrier lmao. They're the same language, English...

That is the point where the pronounciation is both correct and wrong depending on how someone nitpicks

No it's right or wrong, depending on what DE says. Right now how they pronounce it, is right for their intellectual property...

What you refuse to understand is that there are rules, no matter if they are obsessively applied or not

When did I do that? Seems more like you do. Probably because you don't read much.

It doesnt matter if it is their IP or not

YES IT DOES. YES, IT ABSOLUTELY DOES. My god yes it does if you don't understand that I get now why you don't understand anything about this. Wow. Omfg dude you've showed stupidity before, but man this is the worst. I'm, stunned, do you actually believe this????

the names still have an origin and a specific letter setup which makes them follow certain rules.

Sure it may, not always but it may. In this case we don't know it's origin until DE makes a statement on it since it's their intellectual property...

The extra lengths you go to and the reason why it is not seen as you've said  "it is a name, it can be pronounced in several ways across the world" is that you try and claim that there are no rules tied to it.

When did I claim no rules? Also no not different ways in the world for names, that's for words. For names the pronunciation is based on whatever the f*** the person who made it wants. No one of course would do something so absurd but it would be allowed. Like I've said. You wouldn't tell a mother she is mispronouncing her kids name.

That is my whole issue with your reasoning because you are correct in that names can and will be pronounced differently.

My reasoning is more than that you again fail to prove you are reading what I say... 

Also never said can and will be pronounced differently. You keep telling me I said things I didnt. 

4 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Uh no it isn't lol, words sure, and even there is dialects then. But names, no.

That's why they aren't doing that lol.

DUDE. A. WE DONT KNOW THE ORIGIN. B. THEY ARENT PRONOUNCING IT WRONG BECAUSE WHAT YOU SAID IS MADE UP BS

Now please, READ THAT ^

First part yes you're right that's what I've been saying... second English speakers sure can be wrong of pronunciations and origins, for words, and even those have different dialects altering pronunciation, which isn't wrong. However since it's a name it doesn't matter, and we don't know the names origin since DE hasn't said it and even if they did, different dialects and pronunciations still....

I knew that???? That's why I said what I said, which is they aren't wrong at all.

This isn't a language barrier lmao. They're the same language, English...

No it's right or wrong, depending on what DE says. Right now how they pronounce it, is right for their intellectual property...

When did I do that? Seems more like you do. Probably because you don't read much.

YES IT DOES. YES, IT ABSOLUTELY DOES. My god yes it does if you don't understand that I get now why you don't understand anything about this. Wow. Omfg dude you've showed stupidity before, but man this is the worst. I'm, stunned, do you actually believe this????

Sure it may, not always but it may. In this case we don't know it's origin until DE makes a statement on it since it's their intellectual property...

When did I claim no rules? Also no not different ways in the world for names, that's for words. For names the pronunciation is based on whatever the f*** the person who made it wants. No one of course would do something so absurd but it would be allowed. Like I've said. You wouldn't tell a mother she is mispronouncing her kids name.

My reasoning is more than that you again fail to prove you are reading what I say... 

Also never said can and will be pronounced differently. You keep telling me I said things I didnt. 

Dude, just stop it already.

1. Words and names follow the exact same rules. Some words are even names, while some names are even words. Such as Gauss, Viking, Banshee, Varg, Ember, Frost, Messer and so on. Heck my last name is made up of two words that desribe parts of landscapes and nature.

2. We know Gauss is of germanic origin.

3. Their IP doesnt matter because they didnt invent the name because it is an exsisting name/word and has been for hundreds if not thousands of years. The same goes for every single name except for a select few like Inaros, Nidus, Hydroid, Khora, Valkyr and some others.

And if can and will wasnt what you intended to point out then I have no #*!%ing clue why you argue at all. Because going by what you have written that is your underlying point aside from rules of writing and pronounciation not being a thing.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

1. Words and names follow the exact same rules. Some words are even names, while some names are even words. Such as Gauss, Viking, Banshee, Varg, Ember, Frost, Messer and so on. Heck my last name is made up of two words that desribe parts of landscapes and nature.

NO THEY DON'T dude they don't... god you're a nuisance.

3 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

2. We know Gauss is of germanic origin

Which Gauss? We do for Carl Friedrich Gauss, not Gauss the warframe of DE.

4 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

3. Their IP doesnt matter because they didnt invent the name because it is an exsisting name/word and has been for hundreds if not thousands of years. The same goes for every single name except for a select few like Inaros, Nidus, Hydroid, Khora, Valkyr and some others.

Carl Friedrich Gauss doesn't own the f***ing name... it may be a preexisting name, doesn't mean that it can't be used in different situations, such as for an Intellectual property's name....

5 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And if can and will wasnt what you intended to point out then I have no #*!%ing clue why you argue at all. Because going by what you have written that is your underlying point aside from rules of writing and pronounciation not being a thing.

That's what it meant? Dude you need to work on being understandable because what you said  and what you intended are two very different things.... mind you I do know why, it's because I am right.

And I NEVER SAID RULES ARE A THING.

okay mate, you've again proven you haven't read what I've said...

21 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

NO THEY DON'T dude they don't... god you're a nuisance.

Which Gauss? We do for Carl Friedrich Gauss, not Gauss the warframe of DE.

Carl Friedrich Gauss doesn't own the f***ing name... it may be a preexisting name, doesn't mean that it can't be used in different situations, such as for an Intellectual property's name....

That's what it meant? Dude you need to work on being understandable because what you said  and what you intended are two very different things.... mind you I do know why, it's because I am right.

And I NEVER SAID RULES ARE A THING.

okay mate, you've again proven you haven't read what I've said...

Yeah they do. Have you never gone to a single language class in your life? It is like one of the first things you ever learn.

Any Gauss. The name originates from germanic regions and is a germanic name. That wont change if someone else suddenly "comes up" with it.

Right he doesnt and right it can be used in different situations, but being part of an IP doesnt change the origin of the name anyways.

And exactly, you claim rules arent a thing, which is the main problem and exactly what I said up top. I dont think it is me having to work on being understandable, I think it is you that needs to stress down or work on your reading comprehension. Or you could just sit down and read up on phonetics, either in a simple word book or look it up online.

43 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

Dude, just stop it already.

I'm just waiting for an actual response from them regarding the fact that it's pronounced the German way in game, so they can't stop yet.

Only thing I've seen from them is, "Also an automated system doesn't decide a name pronounciation", as if DE use some archaic text to speech software instead of hiring voice actors.

I get that they're trolling (because I refuse to accept they're serious), but I have no idea why they've chosen this particular hill to die upon.

35 minutes ago, BansheePrime said:

Just for you, he is Goose now.

geeze

David Bowie was born David Jones. He got his stage name from the American frontiersman Jim Bowie. Bowie is pronounced boo-EE, boo like a ghost says. David, and his many fans, have tended to pronounce it Bow-EE, bow like a bowtie. David had never heard the name spoken aloud before, just read about Jim and seen it in print.

Now, do we need to tell Ziggy Stardust fans they need to start saying David Booie? Nope, everyone just needs to deal with it and accept that people can change pronunciations of names, even when taken from another source. That's a thing.

How a name is pronounced is up to the person choosing and bestowing the name, not its source. Otherwise we have a whole lot of wrong ones out there. Every Chuck was named after some guy named Charles, which is a French name, and the French pronounce "ch" like "sh". Is it Prince Sharles now? Shuck Norris? Shuck E. Cheese? No, probably not.

So Gauss is whatever DE say it is.

Yeah they do. Have you never gone to a single language class in your life? It is like one of the first things you ever learn

No it's not??? Lol 

Also again no they don't if you'd have read what I've said you'd understand this. Why is it that names don't change through languages and words do? Names are decided by the namer, they name whatever it be, however they want. It can't be wrong because it's their name. And I don't mean they own it, but that it's their decision and the name, whether you agree with it or not, is completely up to them.

Any Gauss. The name originates from germanic regions and is a germanic name. That wont change if someone else suddenly "comes up" with it.

That's not how it works... If DE uses the name it doesn't mean it's of German origin just because a German had the name... The name they use is pronounced differently so it's independent until they say otherwise and, at which point of course they still can pronounce it how they want... 

Right he doesnt and right it can be used in different situations, but being part of an IP doesnt change the origin of the name anyways.

Holy sh*t did I say it being an IP changes the origin of the name???? NO. I said it's an IP, the owner of that IP names it, then that name is pronounced how they want and spelt how they want. Also the origin is what they say it is. If they don't say it, we aren't right to assume it.

And exactly, you claim rules arent a thing, which is the main problem and exactly what I said up top

Wtf no I don't how many times are you going to say this? Quote me, in this thread, where I said "rules aren't a thing" or something very similar such as "rules don't exist"

I dont think it is me having to work on being understandable, I think it is you that needs to stress down or work on your reading comprehension.

I don't know what the f*** you need to work on, because it almost seems like you aren't reading my posts. Of course you do seem to respond at least to the topic at hand and oppose, but you've failed to actually make me believe you're reading my posts somehow. Because you repeat yourself on the same sh*t I've responded to you before multiple times. I don't need to work on comprehension, I understand, for the most part however you can be misleading. Maybe you should read this damn post, respond properly and sensible without making me have to repeat myself because you've practically resaid the same things, then maybe you could have an opinion on my comprehension on that response. Yet I dont see how you do currently as you barely understand, that is if you are reading them, my posts.

Or you could just sit down and read up on phonetics, either in a simple word book or look it up online.

"the study and classification of speech sounds."

~google

Anyway I've no problem with that or what you say on what is right or wrong. Because like I've said pronunciation changes where it is in the world... You could just sit down and read up on dialects, either in a simple word book or look it up online.

And besides that, it doesn't change how names work. A name is independent, it's spelling or pronunciation may be shared with other words or names, it's still not forced to share both or neither, spelling and pronunciation. It can be just one.

God please read this time. I know it's a lot to ask, but the last 3 times I asked you to read what I said, you failed to make me believe you did...

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm just waiting for an actual response from them regarding the fact that it's pronounced the German way in game, so they can't stop yet.

I know that and guess what as much as you, a f***ing robot doesn't decide the name...

6 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I get that they're trolling (because I refuse to accept they're serious), but I have no idea why they've chosen this particular hill to die upon.

You're the one who whipped out an uno reverse card and I'm the troll? I think this is the first situation I've been called a troll for being right. Wait no you're not one of a kind. It's quite surprising how I can be logical and reasonable and yet called a troll well I got you ignoring my texts because you're all pissy you know what I'm saying is right, this idiot who keeps saying I've said S#&$ I haven't, and others saying I'm wrong without knowing what I've said. 

See where I'm willing to accept people have different opinions and use those for debate and discussion. Yes I do like to be right, but when I'm, I'm, when I'm not, I'm not. I can recognize that. You two are making me think based on what you say is opinions are all tied in with facts and they can't be opposite of eachother or you're, whatever the situation applies to, here, a troll... 

4 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

How a name is pronounced is up to the person choosing and bestowing the name, not its source.

THANK YOU SOMEONE WHO UNDERSTANDS. 

3 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I know that and guess what as much as you, a f***ing robot doesn't decide the name...

I'm sure the dude who did the voice over would love to hear that he's just a robot.

Or if you're trying to go by lore, how does,

Spoiler

an evil sentient that was brainwashed into helping us and has since attempted to kill us,

have more say in it's name than a supposed robot who's designed solely to curate a museum and relay information?

Le sigh...

3 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Yes I do like to be right, but when I'm, I'm, when I'm not, I'm not

Are you alright there? Some sort of fit?

On 2019-09-02 at 6:32 AM, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Well when the entire idea at hand is a minor detail, the corresponding details seem even more minor. Also like I said using literally was a hyperbole I was wrong to do it, just expression doesn't translate through text. 

You right it's not? I didn't say it was? But guess what, that's not an assumption. Because I did say those are illogical.

No it would be 100%. You may think they could be lying or whatever. But it's more than evidence. It's raw facts. It would prove what they've based the frame on, if you can't figure that out you're just lying to yourself.

LOL THEY CAN BE WRONG ABOUT THE ORIGIN OF THEIR OWN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY'S NAME? NO SIR.

You've made it clear. You're stupid.

No, it wouldn't.

Let's quote google shall we.

"a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof"

A statement makes it proof. It's really the only valid proof applicable in this situation since they used the name and haven't said why. 

You've literally, this time no hyperbole, directly juxtaposed yourself. Absolutely and entirely just contradicted everything you've just said. Wow.

Sure it could be treated as false, as an opinion.  By retards.

No it wouldn't how does it just become a false statement... but no company wants to look like absolute retards.

I complain about it, but more so it's how it's taken out of context or not read at all it seems sometimes. Also next up, "how I do the same thing"

Okay first of all when you type like this it's not easy to follow... Anyway I don't recall saying the comparison (your basis for assumption) is evidence... but let's see what you originally said.

So you didn't put down what evidence you referred too? Yet you expected me to just what read your mind? Sorry. Also your comparisons only count as evidence for the assumption, know I see where tou think I said that. No this is what I said, thank you for again taking it out of context. I didn't misunderstand you, you didn't give context.

Skipping over what???

Okay most of that, no.

Even if, like I've said, even if his name is based on Carl Friedrich Gauss. Dialects are different and DE has still the choice how to name their character, it would be out of context maybe, not incorrect. Maybe misleading, not incorrect. So cirrently they're applying the name independently, not incorrectly. Until of course they say otherwise, which even then not incorrect because of what I just said.

All what things jesus wtf.

Okay unless you're referring to your paradoxes, no. Give me any slight doubt I can be wrong about how I have a foot. Because I have a foot, it's my foot, I can feel it and see it, it's there and mine. Prove me wrong at all.

We don't have to assume that, but you don't have to prove it to 100% certainty if it works 100% of the time... you are giving such narrow answers that don't apply to most things making your points useless...

Not always, I've never assumed I've had a foot, i figured it out when I was about 16 months old and my mother said "Where's your foot? There it is!" However some things will reach an assumption, but that doesn't mean its founded or based on assumption...

You're right? Maybe re read what i said, or possibly just read it to begin with, it seems like you didnt... paradoxes sure, count as an aspect of logic, but it's a kind of logic that has its own meaning because they are true but at the same time juxtapose each other. But again, you're providing narrow examples that dont apply to most things, therefore you aren't proving a point.

You need to understand what I say because the way you reply doesn't directly relate to what I say and you're making little to no sense and definitely not making a point...

Not going bit by bit here. So I'm pretty sure you agreed assumptions can be based on evidence and that in this case the comparrisons of same name, Freidrich Gauss work and other stuff was, evidence for the assumption the warframe is named after the mathmatcian, in the post where you mentioned Usain Bolt. However that post (and my post that quoted it have gone missing. No idea what that is about. 

You provided one googled definition of "Assumption". Another is "Something that you think is true although you have no definite proff". However both of these are colloquial usses but we are talking about logic. If you google "Assumption Logic" you get "A logical assumption is simpily an idea that can be inffered, or identified, without the writer stating it in an obvious way". We also see that "assumption" can be equivilant to "premis". This is the term I would have used, but as you were already using assumption I stuck with it.

5 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

No it's not??? Lol 

Also again no they don't if you'd have read what I've said you'd understand this. Why is it that names don't change through languages and words do? Names are decided by the namer, they name whatever it be, however they want. It can't be wrong because it's their name. And I don't mean they own it, but that it's their decision and the name, whether you agree with it or not, is completely up to them.

That's not how it works... If DE uses the name it doesn't mean it's of German origin just because a German had the name... The name they use is pronounced differently so it's independent until they say otherwise and, at which point of course they still can pronounce it how they want... 

Holy sh*t did I say it being an IP changes the origin of the name???? NO. I said it's an IP, the owner of that IP names it, then that name is pronounced how they want and spelt how they want. Also the origin is what they say it is. If they don't say it, we aren't right to assume it.

Wtf no I don't how many times are you going to say this? Quote me, in this thread, where I said "rules aren't a thing" or something very similar such as "rules don't exist"

I don't know what the f*** you need to work on, because it almost seems like you aren't reading my posts. Of course you do seem to respond at least to the topic at hand and oppose, but you've failed to actually make me believe you're reading my posts somehow. Because you repeat yourself on the same sh*t I've responded to you before multiple times. I don't need to work on comprehension, I understand, for the most part however you can be misleading. Maybe you should read this damn post, respond properly and sensible without making me have to repeat myself because you've practically resaid the same things, then maybe you could have an opinion on my comprehension on that response. Yet I dont see how you do currently as you barely understand, that is if you are reading them, my posts.

"the study and classification of speech sounds."

~google

Anyway I've no problem with that or what you say on what is right or wrong. Because like I've said pronunciation changes where it is in the world... You could just sit down and read up on dialects, either in a simple word book or look it up online.

And besides that, it doesn't change how names work. A name is independent, it's spelling or pronunciation may be shared with other words or names, it's still not forced to share both or neither, spelling and pronunciation. It can be just one.

I'm just going to touch a few point. Regarding rules, yes you are implying they dont exsists when infact they do, for everything that is written. Words or names it doesnt matter. Secondly, yeah they may name it the same as something else and spell it exactly the same, but when they do, it starts following written and spoken structure rules, such as phonetics. But that isnt really the issue here because as I said waaaay back, dialects and accents matter too and words eventually warp, mutate or morph into sounding different from the origin. That still doesnt change that there are rules and the original name is the actual correct way of pronouncing it. That is why, as someone else pointed out, it can be both right and wrong at the same time.

The name they used is also not pronounced differently. DE are infact pronouncing it two different ways. One says Gawss and the other Gouse. Does that mean he suddenly has two different names? Because obviously if DE intended for it to be pronounced their way, then obviously it would be pronounced the same in both cases, since it is afterall DEs name as you claim. And it doesnt matter if DE "comes up" with it or not, it is still a name of german descent in the end. It is not a new name, it is an old name applied onto a new thing, that is all.

As for your last line. If the names share the exact same spelling then their root pronounciation (depending on the origin of the name) is shared aswell. But with say a name like Gauss, the spelling can be different but yet yield the same pronounciation. Gauss or Gouse, same name, same pronounciation, different spelling.

Maybe I should rename myself Washington and pronounce it Wuushangtin.

Um... Audible, Automobile, Automatic, Gauss... maybe that's just a lot of mispronunciation, but, it fits the pattern where I live. No problems here 🙂

edit: oh yeah, and sauce and australia...

11 minutes ago, (PS4)AyinDygra said:

Um... Audible, Automobile, Automatic, Gauss... maybe that's just a lot of mispronunciation, but, it fits the pattern where I live. No problems here 🙂

edit: oh yeah, and sauce and australia...

Blatantly disingenuous.

I was typing more of a response, but what's the point, you know the name isn't English and therefore isn't pronounced the same as English words.