Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we have the audio of the Gauss video re-recorded.

Prexades

3 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Blatantly disingenuous.

I was typing more of a response, but what's the point, you know the name isn't English and therefore isn't pronounced the same as English words.

Worse they know that the words bow and bow, aren't pronounced the same because they refer to vastly different things. The same with lead and lead, read and read. 

4 minutes ago, Oreades said:

I assume the OP is offering to pay for the re-recording out of pocket?

Because I'm going to go out on a limb and assume that the answer to the initial re-recording call is highly predicative on that point. 

It's like... recording one single word in a company there everybody are sitting in the very same office building. I mean It's far from being a price of HyperLoop construction or Space-X program, K?

I'm simply pointing out how silly it is to argue something like this about the pronunciation of 2 letters, especially in a name that is arbitrary and up to the person giving the name, be it a reference or not, (at least ,in my book.) and a name of a video game character, set in a world far distant from our own time, and we know how quickly languages have changed over time already... I mean, the absurdity to enforce the scientist's name's spelling on this is beyond nit-picky - especially when people, even of the same family, in different countries, pronounce it differently where they now live.

You can say they're "wrong" all you like, but it doesn't really make them wrong... it's a name... and it's not something up to debate with how a person chooses to pronounce it. (A person I know is named Alicia, but it's not "ah-lee-shah", it's "Ah-lee-sea-ah" ... and no rules and dialects are at work here... it's personal choice, and it's right.)

So, as I started, just pointing out how it's perfectly viable to pronounce it either way, and I'll not fault anyone for either pronunciation (and I think DE using it both ways also opened the door for anyone to pronounce it either way as well.)

I'm not picking a side to "die on a hill" defending... just saying it doesn't really matter.

2nd edit:

PS: Gauss is also a first name in this instance of the Warframe, not "Mr. Warframe Gauss", so last name conventional "rules" (that aren't even followed by current families in a uniform manner) don't even particularly apply either.

Edited by (PS4)AyinDygra
1st edit: better pronunciation "wording" for Alicia

26 minutes ago, TeaHawk said:

It's like... recording one single word in a company there everybody are sitting in the very same office building. I mean It's far from being a price of HyperLoop construction or Space-X program, K?

My god you're right!

Having the VA (which if memory serves was Rebecca so she is "in office" but not all of their VAs are) re-record a single word is going magically apply the audio post processing to "Lotusify" it and then they can just copy that to a flash drive and set that on top of the flash drive that contains the original audio recording and it will magically splice it's way into that recording through osmosis. 

Heccin Genius~

It would probably be easier or at least less technically time consuming to have her re-record the audio in it's entirety than to seamlessly splice in a single word. Still it's probably going to be a team of two or three people a few hours to get things re-recorded, post processed (I assume post processing because cause I'd think they would want the original unaltered voice on file), get that appended to the raw video footage, get that compressed down to a usable aspect ratio. 

All of which is going to take time and occupy resources that could be being used to work on important things like new content, all so a scant hand full of people can stop hissing a fit over nothing. And no it's not as expensive as your chosen hyperbolic modifiers, all the more reason that the OP can foot the bill for said wasted time/resources over such a heccin non issue. 

Edit:

Tho now the notion of having Quietshy provide them with an audio clip saying Goose and hamfistedly splicing that over the original Gauss tickels me something fierce. 

Edited by Oreades

10 minutes ago, Oreades said:

My god you're right!

Having the VA (which if memory serves was Rebecca so she is "in office" but not all of their VAs are) re-record a single word is going magically apply the audio post processing to "Lotusify" it and then they can just copy that to a flash drive and set that on top of the flash drive that contains the original audio recording and it will magically splice it's way into that recording through osmosis. 

Heccin Genius~

It would probably be easier or at least less technically time consuming to have her re-record the audio in it's entirety than to seamlessly splice in a single word. Still it's probably going to be a team of two or three people a few hours to get things re-recorded, post processed (I assume post processing because cause I'd think they would want the original unaltered voice on file), get that appended to the raw video footage, get that compressed down to a usable aspect ratio. 

All of which is going to take time and occupy resources that could be being used to work on important things like new content, all so a scant hand full of people can stop hissing a fit over nothing. And no it's not as expensive as your chosen hyperbolic modifiers, all the more reason that the OP can foot the bill for said wasted time/resources over such a heccin non issue. 

Edit:

Tho now the notion of having Quietshy provide them with an audio clip saying Goose and hamfistedly splicing that over the original Gauss tickels me something fierce. 

1. She's making pauses long enough to re-record maybe not a single word, but only one phrase.
2. You're exaggerating the difficulty of post processing here. It must be a couple of already existing filters and few minor tweaks. No one ever would notice a difference.

Post processing is getting complicated when you are voicing a character who is supposed to be in certain surrounding. Here we have a simple narration. There is no connection between background, surroundings, movement and narrator's voice.

Edited by TeaHawk

7 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

I'm sure the dude who did the voice over would love to hear that he's just a robot

Well they're not DE so point stands. Also how can you be sure they'd love it? Do you know them? I mean you must, you even know they're a dude.

Are you alright there? Some sort of fit?

Huh?

7 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Not going bit by bit here. So I'm pretty sure you agreed assumptions can be based on evidence and that in this case the comparrisons of same name, Freidrich Gauss work and other stuff was, evidence for the assumption the warframe is named after the mathmatcian, in the post where you mentioned Usain Bolt. However that post (and my post that quoted it have gone missing. No idea what that is about. 

I didn't say that. I said the assumptions here were based on comparison. However assumptions could be based on evidence situationally, however it doesn't prove them true.

7 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

You provided one googled definition of "Assumption". Another is "Something that you think is true although you have no definite proff". However both of these are colloquial usses but we are talking about logic. If you google "Assumption Logic" you get "A logical assumption is simpily an idea that can be inffered, or identified, without the writer stating it in an obvious way". We also see that "assumption" can be equivilant to "premis". This is the term I would have used, but as you were already using assumption I stuck with it.

Sure, but when you take a word like logic out of context, like logical assumption, it means the same thing, but in a different area. Assumptions, are illogical because they're something that can't be proven as an assumption. A logical assumption is just the same, but the assumption has more reasoning to it or etc.

2 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

I'm just going to touch a few point. Regarding rules, yes you are implying they dont exsists when infact they do, for everything that's written

Okay well know you're saying implying.

Anyway, I didn't imply that so you're drawing conclusions that aren't there. Work on your comprehension...

3 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

Words or names it doesnt matter.

Seriously? Like I can't think of anything other than you aren't reading what I'm saying holy f**k yes it does I just explained it in my last response, please go read it. Otherwise they'd just be the same thing...

Secondly, yeah they may name it the same as something else and spell it exactly the same, but when they do, it starts following written and spoken structure rules, such as phonetics

It does, but it's excluded from somethings such as how it has to be pronounced or spelt. That's decided by the namer...

But that isnt really the issue here because as I said waaaay back, dialects and accents matter too and words eventually warp, mutate or morph into sounding different from the origin

It's not a mutation lol... it's a pronunciation, and since we don't even know the origin we definitely can't say it's a mutation, which even if we did, it wouldn't be.

That still doesnt change that there are rules and the original name is the actual correct way of pronouncing it.

NO. Just because it's your acclaimed "original" name doesn't make it the one and only right way... there are other pronunciations, whether you like them or not it's up to who names something, to decide that name. 

That is why, as someone else pointed out, it can be both right and wrong at the same time.

NO. It's just right.

The name they used is also not pronounced differently. DE are infact pronouncing it two different ways. One says Gawss and the other Gouse. Does that mean he suddenly has two different names?

No all it means is there is miscommunication since DE isn't one person. The fact you can't figure that out is sad. 

And the majority is said "gawss" anyway, only one of them said "gouse."

Because obviously if DE intended for it to be pronounced their way, then obviously it would be pronounced the same in both cases

Not if DE didn't directly discuss together with everyone the pronunciation and just went with the majority inside DE.

since it is afterall DEs name as you claim.

Yes DE as a whole, and if it's majority, it is still DE  most of them. It was only one person who ssid "gouse" and their in game recordings not even recorded by DE, it would've been someone hired with (mind you I'm making a guess I dont actually know) miscommunication or misunderstanding/didn't directly tell them to pronounce it a certain way...

And it doesnt matter if DE "comes up" with it or not, it is still a name of german descent in the end.

YES IT DOES MATTER. And like I've said we don't know until DE says so that it is from Carl Friedrich Gauss, so that's an opinion not a fact...

It is not a new name, it is an old name applied onto a new thing, that is all.

Sure, with a new, correct pronunciation... nice point...

As for your last line. If the names share the exact same spelling then their root pronounciation (depending on the origin of the name) is shared aswell.

No.... it's only the same if the namer makes it the same............. god you don't understand anything do you.

But with say a name like Gauss, the spelling can be different but yet yield the same pronounciation. Gauss or Gouse, same name, same pronounciation, different spelling

YOU'VE GOTTA BE KIDDING.

IT WORKS VICE VERSA.

How can you understand that and not that it works the other way around.... my god how can you be so ignorant it hurts...

Maybe I should rename myself Washington and pronounce it Wuushangtin.

Go right ahead I wouldn't stop you, nor say you're incorrect. Honestly I'd think you're even stupider than you are right now, somehow. But whatever.

2 hours ago, OneYenShort said:

ppfff... No it doesn't.  Aluminum's history proves this way before David Jones existed.

That's just a standard noun, not a proper name. Of course you could make the argument this isn't a proper noun, since your standard warframe isn't sapient and it would be more akin to naming a strain of plant than a person. Of course then you run into nouns translating, after all; steel, stehlen, acier, acero. So at this point it wouldn't matter what the Germans say, because the name could be translated to anything, and pronounced however they want.

And of course, even with proper names you end up with some not being the same across languages and cultures. After all, the Germans don't call Germany that. To them, they are the Deutsche who live in Deutschland. And to much of the world it's Allemagne or some variation thereof.

So why nitpick over how Germans would pronounce "Gauss" when no one is even willing to let them decide what they call themselves or their country?

Past that, discoveries aren't typically named by their discoverer. They usually suggest a name, but that rarely works out. Places have generally been decided by map makers. Scientific discoveries by peer review journals. Inventions by the marketing people selling them to the public.

Which really, just goes even further to showing the fluidity of names and naming, and furthers the notion of Gauss being whatever DE wants. They could spell it Buttcrack and pronounce it Juice and it would be just as valid.

Their call.

10 minutes ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

That's just a standard noun, not a proper name.

Failure to understand what you wrote and history.  Go back a few pages as I already posted the history, and you will see that British person that named the element Al, the namer, the one bestowing the name (your phrasing), did NOT get their way.  So make up your mind on what you want to argue.

30 minutes ago, OneYenShort said:

Failure to understand what you wrote and history.  Go back a few pages as I already posted the history, and you will see that British person that named the element Al, the namer, the one bestowing the name (your phrasing), did NOT get their way.  So make up your mind on what you want to argue.

I see you (a) did not read my whole post and (b) are trying to compare proper names to standard nouns, or apples to oranges.

So congratulations on being one of "those people" twice over.

Edited by (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy

5 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Well they're not DE so point stands.

Le gasp. Is that an assumption?

Also yes, they're DE. Any voice lines added into the game are DE, because it's their game and they check everything that's added, obviously. If they didn't 'okay' something it wouldn't be there, duh.

Funny how you didn't answer the question. 

5 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Also how can you be sure they'd love it? Do you know them? I mean you must, you even know they're a dude.

That sarcasm just totally whooshed you didn't it? 

The point was they're a person, not an automated system, duh.

You're not even trying to troll anymore, just rubbing your face over your keyboard and hitting enter with whatever garbage has managed to get through.

Edited by DeMonkey
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I didn't say that. I said the assumptions here were based on comparison. However assumptions could be based on evidence situationally, however it doesn't prove them true.

Sure, but when you take a word like logic out of context, like logical assumption, it means the same thing, but in a different area. Assumptions, are illogical because they're something that can't be proven as an assumption. A logical assumption is just the same, but the assumption has more reasoning to it or etc

The comparisons (along with other stuff) are evidence for the assumption.

The only person using logic out of context here is you. You keep bandying the word about but it is clear you have the barest understanding, if any, of how logic actully functions. If you do google "assumption logic" you get page after page of people (including acedemics of the area) discussing the various use of assumptions in the field of logic. The very first result in that search is a peice by a teacher, written for students, explaing how to deduce unstated information from a written work. That is an almost exactly what people are doing when they deduce Gauss is named for the mathmtcian (the only difrence being Warframe is not a written work).

2 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

Ofcourse it did. He's incapable of discerning an authors intent unless they state it directly.

35 minutes ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

Ofcourse it did. He's incapable of discerning an authors intent unless they state it directly.

But then they have to assume that person is telling the truth, and that the person stating the fact is representative of the person who 'came up' with the name.

And as a wise man once said, "any and all assumptions are illogical. I'm right, you're wrong, you idiot".

/s :clem:

• Like 1

Le gasp. Is that an assumption?

I guess it would be, but DE is more than one person:/

Also yes, they're DE. Any voice lines added into the game are DE, because it's their game and they check everything that's added, obviously. If they didn't 'okay' something it wouldn't be there, duh.

Then maybe understand my point. Miscommunication, it may be within DE, but not because of DE directly. Something such as if it was communicated through an email and DE didn't think that the pronunciation would get mixed up. I can't believe you haven't heard of an accident. And that's not to say DE would remove it, or change it even. Just pointless.

And using that logic... saying 'oh they said it here once and that's the way I think is right so it means that's always right' is stupid. DE has said it 'goss' way more than 'gouse' so, that logic doesn't work.

Funny how you didn't answer the question

But you've totally touched on the main points of my arguments that prove it right... sorry i didn't answer your question.

That sarcasm totally wooshed you didn't it? 

Wow lol, the irony in that. (For the record I got your sarcasm.)

The point was they're a person, not an automated system, duh.

That's obvious how? You dunno that. Also when I said knew he's a dude I meant it you knew his gender, and therefore knew him... ofcourse you didn't understand that, nor it's sarcasm.

You're not even trying to troll anymore, just rubbing your face over your keyboard and hitting enter with whatever garbage has managed to get through.

And yet it's right? Hmm imagine. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

The comparisons (along with other stuff) are evidence for the assumption.

Whether they are or aren't, it doesn't prove the assumption right it just proves it plausible...

The only person using logic out of context here is you

You realize you just compared a definition that actually does use logic out of context, mind you correctly, just out of context. To me, a person. Mind you, with actual valid points any of you refuse to accept, such as.

Anything with a name attached: its name and its values (spelling, pronunciation, origin, etc) is decided by those that name that very thing.

Whether it be, an intellectual property, or a person, a pet, a rock, whatever.

You keep bandying the word about but it is clear you have the barest understanding, if any, of how logic actully functions

Really and what is that since you know what I know so very clearly? I surely didn't express it. But I have used it correctly.

If you do google "assumption logic" you get page after page of people (including acedemics of the area) discussing the various use of assumptions in the field of logic

Okay great? Doesn't change the fact assumptions, by definition (since they cannot be proved as an assumption alone), are illogical... 

The very first result in that search is a peice by a teacher, written for students, explaing how to deduce unstated information from a written work

Yes, that's drawing conclusions or assumptions, or opinions, or ideas. None of those are certain knowledge, only the original creator will know the actual facts.

That is an almost exactly what people are doing when they deduce Gauss is named for the mathmtcian (the only difrence being Warframe is not a written work).

It is, which is why it's something we don't know. 

What we do know is the majority of DE pronounces it "goss" the majority of the time. Therefore we also know what they've made the pronunciation. Of course they can change it but this is all we know.

No I got it, that'd be why I replied with sarcasm he didn't comprehend. However it's true that I can't be certain it's sarcasm without him saying it so I assumed it.

5 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

But then they have to assume that person is telling the truth, and that the person stating the fact is representative of the person who 'came up' with the name.

Have to assume, is that so. Assumptions aren't a requirement. 

But you wouldn't have to assume that the person stating the fact is representing of the person came up with the name. Just gott prove it, not that hard if they're the ones saying it and we can see that. 

9 hours ago, (XB1)HAPPYHapyJ0YJoy said:

I see you (a) did not read my whole post and (b) are trying to compare proper names to standard nouns, or apples to oranges.

So congratulations on being one of "those people" twice over.

Proper name or not it really doesn't matter.  I know this for fact.   I have to laugh at the irony of your "twice over" statement, because it is true, but not for that reason.  And for a time it was three times over.

I have a first, middle, and last name.

People ask how to pronounce my last time, and it honestly is simple enough, but they bastardize it every time.  My first name even simpler, and they just completely ignore me and call me the singular syllable variant.

So guess what... NO, it doesn't matter who has "rights", people are going to do what they are going to do and frankly, there is nothing you can do about it.  Your argument has been found lacking by real life, DAILY, experience.

Three times over? Because for a time in my classes there were so many kids who had the same first name as me I went by my middle.  Then that flip flopped so I started to go by my first name.  Then my friends would argue about what my name was.  When told the truth, they looked at me as if I was some sort of moron, and proceeded to continue the argument even though the authority was right there.  Very much like this thread.

So it really doesn't matter.  Unless there is money to be made or lost, DE won't be changing a damn thing.  They just don't give a care. I wish they would though.  It would be nice if someone got some respect.

1 hour ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

I guess it would be, but DE is more than one person:/

Then maybe understand my point. Miscommunication, it may be within DE, but not because of DE directly. Something such as if it was communicated through an email and DE didn't think that the pronunciation would get mixed up. I can't believe you haven't heard of an accident. And that's not to say DE would remove it, or change it even. Just pointless.

And using that logic... saying 'oh they said it here once and that's the way I think is right so it means that's always right' is stupid. DE has said it 'goss' way more than 'gouse' so, that logic doesn't work.

But you've totally touched on the main points of my arguments that prove it right... sorry i didn't answer your question.

That sarcasm totally wooshed you didn't it? 

Wow lol, the irony in that. (For the record I got your sarcasm.)

That's obvious how? You dunno that. Also when I said knew he's a dude I meant it you knew his gender, and therefore knew him... ofcourse you didn't understand that, nor it's sarcasm.

And yet it's right? Hmm imagine. 

Image result for jameson you're serious gif

Your posts may be contradictory, useless and arrogant, but at least they're funny. Thanks for the laughs little troll.

I mean seriously, look at this:

1 hour ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

It's such nonsense that it's funny as hell.

Edited by DeMonkey

29 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

Your posts may be contradictory, useless and arrogant, but at least they're funny. Thanks for the laughs little troll.

Not contradictory lmao that was you. Only reason it's usess because you all seem to fail to actually read them, or understand them at all. I may come of as arrogant but it's baffling how someone can be so opinionated on something and not be able to understand how that very thing works... which makes me feel the need to explain it over and over because it's just so simple yet y'all don't understand. 

31 minutes ago, DeMonkey said:

I mean seriously, look at this:

2 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

It's such nonsense that it's funny as hell.

It's not nonsense. Also I'm saying that based of the mindset you're using to show you how stupid you sound to me, clearly it worked. 

You call me a troll and you can only respond to this, and only with "funny as hell" summarizing it...

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Only reason it's usess because you all seem to fail to actually read them, or understand them at all.

No u.

Inb4 "look who's the troll now". It's still you, I'm just responding appropriately.

18 minutes ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

It's not nonsense.

It's nonsense. The hell are you even on about? The voice actor is evidently male, I don't have to know the guy personally to tell you that since I have functional ears.

Whatever 'win' you think you're going to get put of this (you won't), is it really worth your dignity?

You've contrived some absolutely bogus arguments to be pedantic and contrarian, to the point where you've been called a troll by several people now, people who will remember this in the future. This hill is not worth it.

Edited by DeMonkey

2 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Whether they are or aren't, it doesn't prove the assumption right it just proves it plausible...

Anything with a name attached: its name and its values (spelling, pronunciation, origin, etc) is decided by those that name that very thing.

Whether it be, an intellectual property, or a person, a pet, a rock, whatever.

Really and what is that since you know what I know so very clearly? I surely didn't express it. But I have used it correctly.

Okay great? Doesn't change the fact assumptions, by definition (since they cannot be proved as an assumption alone), are illogical... 

Yes, that's drawing conclusions or assumptions, or opinions, or ideas. None of those are certain knowledge, only the original creator will know the actual facts.

But you wouldn't have to assume that the person stating the fact is representing of the person came up with the name. Just gott prove it, not that hard if they're the ones saying it and we can see that. 

An assumption with sufficient evidence to be plausible is sufficent to base further assumptions off. The degree to which you trust that initial assumption will affect the degree to which you can trust any new assumption resulting from it. Certainaity is not nesscary.  I basically agree with your bolded statment. However it is possible for us to deduce some of this information independantly. We do not nesscarly need the source to verify this information to hold confidence in it. Furthermore this verification would not contsitute certain proof. While the source would inherently know it's truth value, we would not. We would only be able to assess it as evidence. This is within the bounds of logic. 

19 hours ago, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

IT WORKS VICE VERSA.

How can you understand that and not that it works the other way around.... my god how can you be so ignorant it hurts...

It doesnt though because certain letter combinations form specific sounds, hence the rules of phonetics. Dialects and accents simply happen to be a source outside of that which morphs words and names into sounding differently, it still doesnt magically turn it into the correct way. 

There is always the correct version and then there are the dialect and accent versions of names/words.

Also, the origin of the name at hand will never change. DE doesnt need to tell us if it is based on KFG or not, the name will still be of germanic origin, because that is the region on earth where it originated from several hundred if not even over a thousand years ago. It likely also has a very specific meaning, just like Karl and Friedrich does.

17 hours ago, DeMonkey said:

No u.

Inb4 "look who's the troll now". It's still you, I'm just responding appropriately

There wasnt one until you became one.

But yeah look who's the troll. Just because you claimed it's an appropriate response, doesn't make it one.

It's nonsense. The hell are you even on about? The voice actor is evidently male, I don't have to know the guy personally to tell you that since I have functional ears.

Excuse me but you can't assume what gender someone classifies as by the sound of a voice...

Whatever 'win' you think you're going to get put of this (you won't), is it really worth your dignity?

Huh? And I've kept my dignity, and I'm right.

Mr. "no u"

You've contrived some absolutely bogus arguments to be pedantic and contrarian,

You say that with nothing to back it.

to the point where you've been called a troll by several people

You don't classify as several people...

people who will remember this in the future. This hill is not worth it.

A, if they do think of this in the future that's depressing...

B. What hill? It's not king of the hill or some sh*t okay I have a point, it is true and right. Also again hypocritical. 

17 hours ago, (PS4)Shelneroth said:

An assumption with sufficient evidence to be plausible is sufficent to base further assumptions off

Yes thank you what I said with 'sufficient' added twice.

The degree to which you trust that initial assumption will affect the degree to which you can trust any new assumption resulting from it.

Okay great but that doesnt change that assumptions can't be completely true or necessarily proven either way...

Certainaity is not nesscary.

Not necessary for? It's necessary for proving a point correctly... also again doesn't prove anything true even if unnecessary...

I basically agree with your bolded statment.

And why is that? Why is DE allowed to pronounce and spell the word how they want?

However it is possible for us to deduce some of this information independantly.

Information regarding? My points? DE's pronunciation???

We do not nesscarly need the source to verify this information to hold confidence in it.

Sure you don't need it. You can have confidence in the fact that fish can fly. Doesn't mean it's true.

Furthermore this verification would not contsitute certain proof.

I see you understand.

While the source would inherently know it's truth value, we would not

Until they say it's truth value.

We would only be able to assess it as evidence. This is within the bounds of logic. 

Yes but that's evidence that works differently, and confirms and proves the 'truth value'

10 hours ago, SneakyErvin said:

It doesnt though because certain letter combinations form specific sounds, hence the rules of phonetics. Dialects and accents simply happen to be a source outside of that which morphs words and names into sounding differently, it still doesnt magically turn it into the correct way. 

There is always the correct version and then there are the dialect and accent versions of names/words.

Also, the origin of the name at hand will never change. DE doesnt need to tell us if it is based on KFG or not, the name will still be of germanic origin, because that is the region on earth where it originated from several hundred if not even over a thousand years ago. It likely also has a very specific meaning, just like Karl and Friedrich does.

Oh my god... you lack of intellectual integrity. 

Just now, (NSW)Drake_Remorea said:

Excuse me but you can't assume what gender someone classifies as by the sound of a voice...

Oh great, we've gone from "You can't say Excalibur (frame) is named after the Legendary sword" and "All assumptions are illogical" to insulting people and contrived gender issues.

The patheticness of your posts is evidently boundless.

• Like 2