Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Weapon sounds

Mercurious_Silver

I have heard from other players that the Latron Prime Is a good rifle, but as soon as I played it I hated the sound each time it was fired. can DE make a "Tuning" device so you can customize the sound of your weapons? we can already change the color, why not sound? it's not a huge game play change, it is just cosmetic. IDK if the whole squad can hear it or not but I want it to sound better when I play. 

A) what would you fellow players be willing to pay for a feature like this? should it be a platinum one use Item per weapon? or a sound pack like the color pallets? maybe a feature like the new Emissive setting; having a louder option with a muted secondary sound to diversify what sounds you could make. 

B) what are your thoughts? what other weapons would you change the sound of? comment below, maybe DE will notice if we get a good conversation going. 

• Like 1

A tuner would be cool, but I don't find it very plausible.  Maybe more realistic would be a system emulating the one we have for skins.  The Latron Prime and Wraith for instance, I'd like more if I could select "(Regular) Latron gunfire sounds" under the Appearance tab.   And if I could select something that sounded like the Argonak or Veldt, well, I'd actually be excited to use a  Latron again.

I'm not sure what a fair price would be.  I'd guess it would have to be low in order for enough people to actually take advantage of it, since a fair number of players don't have game sound on, or don't care about weapon sounds in any case.

• Like 1

I had just been thinking of this last night. it really is a shame because DE puts so much work into the sound effects and making every weapon feel unique. Indeed, it helps with game play! Knowing the general direction of your team by the sound of weapons, gauging danger by the speed of the bfg's retort, it's great!

But the fact remains, I can't use the sobek, it actually hurts my ears. Swinging glaive prime around for too long starts to hurt too. But I have a friend who likes the sharper sounds and can't stand the lower sounds like from the boar/boar prime. 

I came up with a few options that could work for both people with my problem and with their's. 

A toggle to 'flatten out' or 'sharpen' the sound--maybe via slowing or speeding it up? Or by changing the pitch. It really depends on how sounds are rendered in the game. 

A volume control like we have for Octavia. Ideally for each weapon but I'd take what I can get. 

Sound packs, the same way we have animation packs. 

Edited by (PS4)NemitheNem
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Sorry I has been awhile, I could not seem to find this thread again.

good suggestions all around.

Nemithenem has a good Idea of knocking down the higher ranges of the sounds and raising the baseline as needed per player. that might be the easiest fix and it could simply be put in with the other sound options, but you get a bar that can be modified on both ends if that makes sense. then have a drop down menu that will allow you to select a weapon (like one that you need to change the sound of) to hear how it sounds with your modifier.

my only qualm is that it would be universally applied to all guns not just one specific rifle like I was thinking, but I will admit my option would take a lot more work. But I can sympathize with those who have issues with hearing certain sounds being sensitive to loud noises myself.  I think that should be implemented anyway, similar to how most games come with color blind options

my suggestion OR Tiltskillet's ideas are purely on the cosmetic side and can be implemented at DE's leisure, depending on what option they like better, or find more practical to program and of course what the community voices their opinion on.

• 1 month later...