Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Am I the only one why thinks that MR is stupid?

(XBOX)Architect Prime

Would be nice if you were rewarded a very unique weapon after reaching to a certain MR. to sort of reward players for their time and effort spent into the game and the weapon could be a sort of reflection of that by being a pretty decent weapon and not a “trash” weapon. Like a secondary at MR8, a primary at MR16, and a melee at MR24. Based off of the lowest level and highest level of rivens. Maybe they would get a unique ability if polarized a certain number of times so players wouldn’t be so quick to throw them away. If DE were to implement this into the game then players MR24+ would get all 3 in their inbox. Or maybe we could just redo the mastery test and it just gives us it since completing the test is how you get it. Either way, would be nice if we got more out of MR.   

2 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

Would be nice if you were rewarded a very unique weapon after reaching to a certain MR. to sort of reward players for their time and effort spent into the game

Login rewards used to do that, but they made it so you can choose, so that muddies the waters a bit. Of course logging in every day doesn't mean you played or learned anything.

I wish Mastery tests were more challenging, instead of being an easy "bring X frame to cheese" or "shooty shooty win." The only way that I can think of to do this is to give the player a set Warframe and weapons for each test so that DE can balance the tests around that one frame, and make the metric not whether or not you have the right frame/weapon to cheese the test, but rather how well you handle the equipment given to you. The only foreseeable issue is that a player (especially at low MR) may not have any experience with the frame selected.

Yeah; really they should rework the entire system in place for this mastery rank S#&$. The 'tests' have nothing to do with the game we're even playing. 

At least you'd have to be pretty stupid to think that MR is any measurement of how good you are at the game; I'm MR 8 and do way better than all sorts of MR 25+ or whatever I see. I'd at least be around MR 18+ if I actually gave a S#&$ to waste my time on these inane 'challenges'. They serve no purpose and leaving weapons behind that wall is just a bad decision. I can do raids; I can do 2 hour+ survivals, I can pvp just fine; I top scores all the time over people with triple my MR and I'm not even MR 10.

I've been playing since 2015 and I won't even bother anymore with wasting my time on the 'tests'. They do nothing; they have nothing to do with the game; they don't even function like the rest of the game. 

MR is just such a severely flawed measuring system. 

Edited by Gretzel

Mastery Rank as a "Collector's Mark" is fine. It gives a decent estimate of how much of the game's gear you've mastered, which is... Meaningless to other people, but a nice recognition to one's own sense of progress.

Mastery Rank as a "progression system," however, is just AWFUL. Locking weapons, systems and other progression systems behind MR (specifically Syndicate daily caps) pushes players into buying weapons they hate, grinding through them without playing them and junking them at the end. As far as I'm concerned, the practical benefits of MR should cap low (MR6-MR10 at most), with the rest of those being prestige ranks for bragging rights.