Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we disable or ban Excalibur Umbra from Index?

MadMattPrime

Can we disable or block Excalibur Umbra from ALL INDEX Game modes, I am bloody tired of queuing into a lobbies where there are 3 Excalibur Umbra in the team and they just switch to the operators and let the Umbra AI do the job of killing. This is an AFK method of earning credits I'm surprised that DE hasn't realized this loop hole, its unfair for the person running around and collecting the points while the other players AFK farm.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Can we disable or block Excalibur Umbra from ALL INDEX Game modes

So, you would rather play solo? You should not go around banning efficient methods to farm. It is a feature of the frame, what is your justification for removing it? "I hate it in Index" is not a good reason.

4 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

This is an AFK method of earning credits I'm surprised that DE hasn't realized this loop hole, its unfair for the person running around and collecting the points while the other players AFK farm.  

How is it AFK farming? Does the person not have to pickup the tokens at all? Does Umbra do that too? 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, krc473 said:

So, you would rather play solo? You should not go around banning efficient methods to farm. It is a feature of the frame, what is your justification for removing it? "I hate it in Index" is not a good reason.

How is it AFK farming? Does the person not have to pickup the tokens at all? Does Umbra do that too? 

Its AFK farming, when the player who uses UMBRA don't even pick up the points and rely on the only person who is ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME to pick up the points. What's the point of even logging in and selecting the node if you aren't even going to play the darn game? 

Efficient? Perhaps. An Exploit most definitely

• Like 1

Umbra still takes damage when you swap out and shuts down when it his health goes too low. Also, the player would still need to keep track of himself in operator to make sure he doesn't go down. Doesn't seem that AFK to me and an exploit would be the abuse of a bug, not so much of an feature of the specific Warframe. Or do you consider Gara's stacking millions of dmg on their 2 also an exploit?

20 minutes ago, MadMattPrime said:

Its AFK farming, when the player who uses UMBRA don't even pick up the points and rely on the only person who is ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME to pick up the points. What's the point of even logging in and selecting the node if you aren't even going to play the darn game? 

Efficient? Perhaps. An Exploit most definitely

What's stopping these people from taking anything else and going afk?

2 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

don't even pick up the points and rely on the only person who is ACTUALLY PLAYING THE GAME to pick up the points

That also happens with lots of other Frames / players, there's often just a good ol' Rhino or two collecting the points
while the rest uses Frames focused on damage / CC and thus would be less effective / a liability with point penalties on them.

8 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

Can we disable or block Excalibur Umbra from ALL INDEX Game modes, I am bloody tired of queuing into a lobbies where there are 3 Excalibur Umbra in the team and they just switch to the operators and let the Umbra AI do the job of killing. This is an AFK method of earning credits I'm surprised that DE hasn't realized this loop hole, its unfair for the person running around and collecting the points while the other players AFK farm.  

Umbra Excal for index can’t be afk or they will also die, especially without a mostly unlocked operator. the build also requires very good weapon builds. If you do not like the style, you can go solo or use recruit. No one is forcing you be the point carrier. 

Edited by George_PPS
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NinjaZeku said:

good ol' Rhino or two collecting the points

Hopefully they are GOOD Rhinos. Not ego tripping ones that try to build up waaaay more points than necessary for the bonus, just to grandstand  "Look at me. I strong. I manly. I carry many points. I MVP. I no AFK. I so good." and then get killed and sometimes even cost the game, or prolong it to make it much longer than it should be, or just add unnecessary stress to their team mates who now have to cover for the Rhino's mistakes.

I'd rather see an Excal Umbra than these Rhinos any day of the week. These types of Rhinos are the real ones that ought to be banned. At least the Umbras help us win. These Rhinos just trip over their egos and drag the whole team down with them.

Edited by Xepthrichros
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Xepthrichros said:

Hopefully they are GOOD Rhinos. Not ego tripping ones that try to build up waaaay more points than necessary for the bonus, just to grandstand  "Look at me. I strong. I manly. I carry many points. I MVP. I no AFK. I so good." 

Oh there's a reason for that. It used to be that when you deposited points the enemies would go up. Per deposit, not per point. Putting in 2 points individually would result in stronger enemies than one deposit of 2 points. 

This has changed recently to just be time based but not everyone has caught on yet. 

There's also the overflow problem--if you need 10 more points and you put in 30, you don't get the 20 point overflow as credit in the next match. 

5 hours ago, (PS4)NemitheNem said:

There's also the overflow problem--if you need 10 more points and you put in 30, you don't get the 20 point overflow as credit in the next match. 

That's usually the issue I run into. I could attempt to kill myself which (unless it was changed) would also drop the bonus I had but the issue is getting my team mates to be there to pick it up.

12 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Umbra Excal for index can’t be afk or they will also die, especially without a mostly unlocked operator. the build also requires very good weapon builds. If you do not like the style, you can go solo or use recruit. No one is forcing you be the point carrier. 

Simple thing called a macro or macro with a specific set of commands.

11 hours ago, Xepthrichros said:

Hopefully they are GOOD Rhinos. Not ego tripping ones that try to build up waaaay more points than necessary for the bonus, just to grandstand  "Look at me. I strong. I manly. I carry many points. I MVP. I no AFK. I so good." and then get killed and sometimes even cost the game, or prolong it to make it much longer than it should be, or just add unnecessary stress to their team mates who now have to cover for the Rhino's mistakes.

I'd rather see an Excal Umbra than these Rhinos any day of the week. These types of Rhinos are the real ones that ought to be banned. At least the Umbras help us win. These Rhinos just trip over their egos and drag the whole team down with them.

Then what is the point of you logging on to a game if ain't even going to play it? Contradicting yourself there a little ain't you mate?

Edited by MadMattPrime
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MadMattPrime said:

Then what is the point of you logging on to a game if ain't even going to play it? Contradicting yourself there a little ain't you mate?

This can’t be macroed. Have you even tried it yourself? Also, if this could be macroed by a program, it would be detected and the account banned. 

14 hours ago, MadMattPrime said:

I see no contradiction. Please improve your reading skills.

Edited by Xepthrichros

Am 29.8.2019 um 05:32 schrieb MadMattPrime:

... 0o

banning something isn't a solution that will help. nor it ever was.

you should suggest a solution, and not just a ban.

if you don't like it, play solo or recruite a team for it. but don't forbid people to play the game like they want and like.

Edited by (PS4)NewcastleDisease
typo

I play Rhino and I just want 3 umbra in my squad. They don’t move around, if I don’t jump around like an idiot and only collect points when needed, enemies will spawn faster and 1 round can be done with like 4 minutes or less. I even have time to chat with them, feels great. 

On 2019-08-29 at 4:28 PM, MadMattPrime said:

Probably about the same as you jumping blind into a pug and complaining that people weren't playing how YOU wanted.

"But really I can't be blamed for playing pugs and then complaining when I see players who don't play the way I want them too because..."

sk77f.jpg

Edited by Aesthier
  • Like 1

Am 29.8.2019 um 05:32 schrieb MadMattPrime:

its unfair for the person running around and collecting the points while the other players AFK farm. 

its not unfair. YOu can take umbra when ever you want by your own. Also its not AFK farming. You have to take a look on not dying as Operator aswell as keeping Umbra in position. Also once Umbra took a certain amount of DMG he goes into T-Pose and do nothing. so if the term "AFK" didnt changed in the last 10 minutes you have no idea what you are talking about.

btw. crying in Forum for DE banning something literally very other player enjoys or uses because its just an easy and efficient way to farm credits, just because YOU dont like it sounds to me like "mimimi". Would like to use some other describing terms but im sure some Mods wouldnt like that. even when its the truth

oh and about the Macro thing.. Who tells us you dont use a point pickup macro? I suggest a title change.... "Ban all Frames from Index for AFK / Macro potential". Would fit your logic i guess

Edited by MediumRareLizard

On 2019-08-28 at 10:32 PM, MadMattPrime said:

I mostly solo. If you ever want to hang out for an afternoon, I can teach you how to solo high risk index to John Prodman for posters, and beyond. It's really all about playing smarter not harder.