Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Warframe has by far the best F2P model. Is there any game out there that compares?

Hypernaut1

20 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

PoE also has lootboxes. The closest thing WF had to lootboxes were mod pack, but they were for mods you could easily get in game or trade for. transmuting with credits served the same purpose too, so it still wasn't a cash exclusive thing to get random mods.

And iirc PoE has a more expensive $:currency ratio aswell in their shop.

46 minutes ago, SneakyErvin said:

And the "bait" is the actual monetization model. Rivens are seperate from that and a player made economy. It is not DE's decision.

Since I 100% disagree with this opening statement alone, which is the base root of your argument, and we are already kind of running in circles, lets agree to disagree here!  :P 

I don't see how people blame DE for the Riven market. You guys do know that we could all just trade rivens 1:1 right? It's the players that choose to use plat. DE has nothing to do with that. 

If anything, allowing us to trade using plat is to the PLAYERS benefit, not DEs. I know I for one skipped several 75% off coupons because of how easy it is to earn plat through trade. 

The Riven market is really more like a pay day system to free players. I'm sure most players here have gotten at least one riven they could sell unrolled for 500p. 

Edited by Hypernaut1

1 hour ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I don't see how people blame DE for the Riven market. You guys do know that we could all just trade rivens 1:1 right? It's the players that choose to use plat. DE has nothing to do with that. 

If anything, allowing us to trade using plat is to the PLAYERS benefit, not DEs. I know I for one skipped several 75% off coupons because of how easy it is to earn plat through trade. 

The Riven market is really more like a pay day system to free players. I'm sure most players here have gotten at least one riven they could sell unrolled for 500p. 

Pretty much this. It is the greedy nature of players and not DE that is behind the riven economy. As I said to the other guy before, I dont think anyone at DE planned or expected them to go for anywhere near the prices they do. And it isnt something DE can change because they have already once said they will not meddle with the market of the players since it is a player driven economy.

And as you say, most players have very likely gotten atleast one they can sell unrolled for 500. Personally I've never bought a riven and I've gotten one for most every weapon I enjoy. The only two I currently use that dont have them would be Catchmoon and Fulmin, neither of which needs them to begin with. My Fulmin is my nulli-buster and my catchmoon is my everything-buster as they are in their unrivened state. The weapons I mostly use where the rivens are nice would be on my Cyath and Kripath, neither of them really needs them, but they are nice QoL upgrades that lets me skip one or two regular mods and fit in some utility instead.

I also agree it is to the benefit of the player, since more people can get away with playing free or near free. I think I've bought two 1k plat bundles since I started, both at 75% discount and never really felt the need to buy more except for that itchy feeling when farming for a skin that "it will go faster" if I buy it. So far I've resisted.

On 2019-08-29 at 2:10 PM, Palsteron said:

Wrong, there is a tradelimit per day for a reason.  

This is not as much of a problem for players who maxed their MR out, but it extracts cash from all the new players who are frustrated by having 2-8 trades a day.  

The only way to make "unlimited quantities of plat" is to buy and resell rivens, which needs a very high initial investment to begin with, which only people that are not the target monetization audience of this game will have.  

All other ways of getting "unlimited plat" have to do with hoarding, which most people will never get to because it takes months to see your returns while also having a decently high initial investment cost.

Please don't give me credit for iLeo's quote; I want nothing to do with that statement.