Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

This thread will be used to house your feedback on the newest Warframe from Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.0: GAUSS and his Signature Weapons the ACCELTRA and AKARIUS

GAUSS: 

ACCELTRA:
Using a barrage of rapid-fire plasma rockets, Gauss’ signature weapon lays down a path of destruction. Reloads are faster while sprinting, even more so in Gauss’ hands. For safety, rockets arm after traveling safe distance.

AKARIUS:
Bombard legions of enemies with target seeking rockets. These dual launchers reload faster while sprinting, even more so in Gauss’ hands. Rockets arm after reaching a safe distance.

Before posting feedback on Gauss and/or his Signature Weapons be sure to spend enough time with him/them in different missions! Once you feel you have a handle on what he’s/they are all about, and would like to share your thoughts, expand the spoilers below for a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback. A well constructed and thought out post is the way to go! 

Spoiler

1. Keep it simple
Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up
Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite

The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

The Forums can be an amazing tool when used correctly. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Gauss! 

Need to report a bug? Visit the Saint Of Altra Bug Reporting megathread.

His damage abilities falls off hard on higher levels. While it's really fun to play him on lower levels, on higher levels (sortie and above) even unarmored (corpus, infested) enemies can survive multiple Thermal Sunder combos on Redline even on a max strenght build . And his buffs aren't that strong to be worth it. There's no trade-off for this lower ability range for a really high damage unfortunately.

I suggest buffs.

Edit:

Also, redline is too weak for a ult buff. Wisp does everything better with her one.

Edited by Sumarbrandr
  • Like 7

The weapons have a terrible ammo pool, other than that i quite enjoy both.

Acceltra could use a tad bit higher base status and Akarius a little love on the reload part anyway

Gauss dmg'ing abilities need to scale somehow, make it so they deal a % of enemies health etc...fixed dmg numbers aren't getting anywhere unless they're really really high

Starting damage reduction on his 2nd should be higher, i don't like that the dmg reduction is tied to the battery level, a barrage of hits will simply deplete your battery and put you back around 25-30% in a few secs which is a redundant damage mitigation value..to add insult to injury it's also draining battery per second even if you don't get hit wtf...it's duration based and battery based, remove the ties to battery level , once you get at full battery ( no redline) it stays there for the whole duration or remove it's duration since it's already draining battery per second and make it a channel ability or whatever...

Losing battery after every hit is just an epic fail, it's as if Nidus lost stacks each time he gets hit...brilliant ( not )

Certain elements aren't affected by the dmg reduction anyway so it's not a total op dmg mitigation.

Base range on his 3rd could use same love that wisp breach surge received ( from 15m to 18m )

His 4th is influenced by duration in a bad way, the higher duration you have, the slower you get to charge his ultimate to 100% which is a total joke, in real case scenarios you may end up getting at 100% and only have a handful of seconds to enjoy the benefits.

Either higher duration makes it charge faster or strenght.

Getting to 100% meter to fully benefit of his 4th really need to be significantly improved and hastened.

Really disappointed so far, Upkeep wise he's got the worst dmg mitigation ability which is draining battery on hits, battery per second, and duration based and his 4th is a pain in the ass just to get to the 100% limit and with enemies shooting at you charging that damn battery is a hell of a pain.

Edited by arm4geddon-117
added more feedback
  • Like 8

I'll probably submit a more detailed feedback later, but after maxing him just once, something hits me:

-> Why doesn't Redline affect allies? (at least I don't see it in my HUD and didn't notice clear buffs on their attacks). It's a pretty weak ultimate anyway. The Reservoirs of Wisp are like 1000% more powerful. Plus, Gauss seems like a pretty selfish frame: he'd need supportive tools to help his team. This + his 2 (kinetic Plating) being castable on allies and objectives, like gara's 2d power would help him being team-friendly and useful for "endgame" content.

NB: his ulti could also buff Casting Speed.

That's all for a very first impression. I may have missed something in his kit, I do not guarantee that my perception is 100% accurate.

• Like 3

After maxing him out and trying 2 different builds I've noticed a glaring problem with Gauss.

Gauss loves to go through his energy pool very fast and I could see you guys noticed this and gave him that conversion on his 2. However the 5% does not seem to be enough to keep up with double casting his 3, keeping his 2 up 24/7 and the 15 energy per 3 meters on his 1.

I'd suggest bumping his 2s energy conversion rate to 10-15% 

• Like 4

Gauss is very energy hungry. I run Arcane Energize it still is not enough. Energy convertion rate is way too low to maintain at high battery level.

Either the amount of battery charged every time skill are used need to be buffed, or the rate battery being drained needs to be tuned down.

Also, the damage dealing ability at high level is weaker than expected. 3 skill range is too limited to actually be a useful and consistent way to deal damage. I would suggest the explosion from 1 skill to trigger everytime 1 skill ends instead of hitting wall.

• Like 3

After playing him pretty intently for a few hours, setting him up with different varied mod loadouts. I feel like I have a good enough grasp on how his gameplay will feel, after many more hours of play.

Here I'll list out a few things I think would make for a better Gauss. 

The turning delay when you use "Mach Rush" makes him pretty diffifcult to control in smaller tile sets, and generally just makes him feel slow and clunky. I think removing this entirely would make him a lot more responsive, and in turn, a lot more fun to play.

"Kinetic Plating" doesn't actually seem to be restoring enegry.

Casting "Redline" takes too long. It seems out of place considering the speedy thematic that Gauss was based around.

Unsure if this is specifically Gauss but reloading doesn't always seem to work the first time you press the button, unsure if this happens on other frames.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Tykennn said:

"Kinetic Plating" doesn't actually seem to be restoring enegry

12 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They said Kinetic Shielding isn’t giving energy on hit

It only grants energy if it absorbs Physical, heat cold or blast energy. I'd assume thats the issue bc its def been giving be energy.
-You've made a warframe who's theme is literally perpetual motion...but you've given him 2 abilites that more or less require or at the very least encourage me to stop and stand still to really benefit from them, namely:
>His 2 (I'm supposed to keep moving in order to not get shot, but in order to benefit from this I have to stand still and let things shoot me...)
Plausible? solution: While KP is active, reward me for always being on the move by granting me .5 energy per parkour maneuver and/or .5 energy per 50m covered on ground.
>and 3 (You *technically can drop it then come around and drop the other, but the mechanic encourages me to just stop moving and drop both)
Possible Solution: What would encourage me to keep moving even when dropping/using his 3 would be if there were some benefit to Mach Rushing through it. Perhaps if enemies are Frozen by 3, they'll take true damage from direct hits from Mach Rush. If they are being affected by the Heat charge, perhaps Mach Rushing through the zone could 'fan the flames' and not only refresh the heat proc but seriously overcharge its damage on tic.

-More 3 Feedback: I get that the auras need to stay to allow the blast function to work, but if you're going to make the aura linger, why not let it keep procing as long as enemies are in the aura? Why is it only one proc on the enemies in the initial cast? Why not make it affect enemies that enter it's radius as long as it's there, like Nyx's Chaos Augment. Please do not make this an Augment, this needs to be part of the ability.

-Mach Rush: Perhaps enemies could take a reasonable amount of True damage from being slammed into walls (not unlike Snow Globe), or from taking a direct hit from him in Mach Rush, as the Lore would suggest. (As a whole, I would really like to see the idea that 1'st abilities should be nigh useless or utility at best be scrapped)

-Kinetic Plating: Energy granted should scale reasonably with power strength to encourage Risk V Reward modding/gameplay

Edited by -QUILL_PETER-
  • Like 5

Gauss still needs a bit of tuning

I feel his 4's charge up from 0 to 100% really shouldn't take longer the higher duration you have, otherwise it takes years for it to actually hit 100% if you have really high duration, making it barely worth even trying to get there in the first place.

I feel his 1 is fine, maybe a bit more damage would be nice, though I've really just used it for getting around like it probably should be used.

His 2 really needs to have a small grace period in between taking a hit from a damage source where it doesn't deplete from being hit, because right now enemies like heavy gunners can just immediately deplete your entire battery in under half a second and make you just instantly die because all your damage reduction is suddenly gone.

His 3 is really only good for the cold procs at the moment, since double casting will freeze them entirely, and if you're above redline a single cast will freeze instantly. I don't really see any use for the heat or blast procs at the moment since they don't really do enough damage to warrant using them at the moment. I'd suggest maybe the procs from it could do a percentage of the enemy's health?

Pretty much all I can really think of at the moment.

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

It only grants energy if it absorbs Physical, heat cold or blast energy. I'd assume thats the issue bc its def been giving be energy.

I've tested this against decently high level enemies that should be dealing at least one of those damage types and didn't seem to get any enegry absorbed. Although that may have been a bug from my session of playing. If it seems to be working now, then that's good.

• Like 2

Redline empowered 3>hold 3.

The ability tip section says this shreds armor. It shreds such an insignificant amount that it may as well not. If I'm going to rush into range of heavy gunners, napalm, etc, stop moving to double cast my 3, it needs to remove ALL of their armor. Saryn can remove entire maps ENTIRE armor in seconds with her spore ticks, giving this to gauss isnt going to break anything.

Gauss' ability damage is 100% useless at high levels, even the slamming from his 1 while kinetic plating active making them deal slash and slash procs dont matter when the ability has 800 base damage and you're fighting enemies with tens to hundreds of thousands of hp.

Please consider giving gauss a real way to do damage with his kit, hes a selfish frame in that he doesn't bring anything to the team outside of small aoe CC at best, and his own damage.

Maybe massively increase the damage his 1 with kinetic plating does, and also make it so you can apply that damage just by bowling over the enemies. Even better, allow his 1 to stack with melee mods, ala landslide.

Bottom line is right now gauss feels badass to play but he hits for pillow fight damage.

Edited by Sovereign991
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, -QUILL_PETER- said:

>Kit Synergy Suggestion: What would encourage me to keep moving even when dropping/using his 3 would be if there were some benefit to Mach Rushing through it? Perhaps if enemies are Frozen by 3, they'll take true damage from direct hits from Mach Rush. If they are being affected by the Heat charge, perhaps Mach Rushing through the zone could 'fan the flames' and not only refresh the heat proc but seriously overcharge its damage on tic.

-Mach Rush: Perhaps enemies could take a reasonable amount of True damage from being slammed into walls (not unlike Snow Globe), or from taking a direct hit from him in Mach Rush, as the Lore would suggest. (As a whole, I would really like to see the idea that 1'st abilities should be nigh useless or utility at best be scrapped)

Both of these are AMAZING suggestions that would really bring gauss' kit together, excellent thematic match and it could solve his ability damage problem.

• Like 4

After having played Gauss for a bit, I've come to these conclusions.

I like Gauss' kit. It's fun to use, and it sounds satisfying and feels satisfying. However, it needs some tweaks.

Not all 'frames need to be viable at very high levels, obviously.

But, personally.

His slash damage from his Mach Rush needs to scale off of enemy health / shields / armor and all of that. Maybe make the slash 'explosion' from Kinetic Plating from hitting walls scale even more than just hitting enemies head on.

The #3 tap and hold mechanics is a bit odd, but no complaints here, outside of the fact the only useful one out of the bunch is the cold from my experience.

Redline's bolts that he emits needs to scale with.. something. I know they stagger, IIRC, but the bolts don't fly in the correct direction all the time so it makes it pretty unreliable as a CC source.

Kinetic plating's innate Rage/Hunter Munitions(which said ability works with your shields btw, which is great) needs to be more than just 5%. Way to low, IMO. Needs to be at least 15%, maaaybe 20.

Also, I know we can use Gauss' #3 during his Mach Rush, but it can be hardly useful to do so most of the time. I think that if you tap or hold his #3 during his rush, his rush should gain the properties of his #3, so as he runs along he can freeze enemies solid or inflict them with a heavy fire debuff. This'd take the AOE from Mach Rush in account, not his #3.

Oh, and.. Personally, his shield regen passive is blegh. In my opinion, anyhow. Not sure how to change it but, it isn't that noticeable most of the time, from my experience.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, AnOldAlias said:

Also, I know we can use Gauss' #3 during his Mach Rush, but it can be hardly useful to do so most of the time. I think that if you tap or hold his #3 during his rush, his rush should gain the properties of his #3, so as he runs along he can freeze enemies solid or inflict them with a heavy fire debuff. This'd take the AOE from Mach Rush in account, not his #3.

About 99% sure Console Players  are going to be unable to cast his other abilities while in Mach Rush due to how casting abilities works with controls. So maybe don’t have synergies that would be completely impossible for Console Players.

• Like 2

Gauss is a gas guzzler and his plating's conversion isn't anywhere near enough to maintain it. There also seems to be very little interaction with strength mods and his buffs. I'm not going to say his damage is weak since he's clearly not a damage dealer primarily and I have guns. However some tweaks to the strength to make the double-casting worth it would be nice if not needed.

Gauss is like a shiny sports car: it's fun. It's fast. But the utility is a little lacking.

Also to anyone reading this, tennogen up a Hot Wheels skin.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, DrivaMain said:

Gauss is pretty lacking in the damage department and his 1 can drain Gauss's energy pool very fast. Also, why can't we increase his 1's speed with power strength?

I agree if you're going to give us a speed frame at least let us scale up his mobility skill like pretty much every other movement skill in the game. And a damage increase in general would be much appreciated. 

• Like 1

When we saw the turbo meter introduced on the devstream I assumed that would be the basis of his energy consumption for the rest of his abilities (like nidus’s stacks, or baruuk’s serene storm). Cause wow, his first ability alone burns a ton of energy for a short sprint.

Could holding down mac rush just consume energy per second and not per distance? (I was really looking forward to roaming with this guy on the plains. But after seeing how fast his 1 drains in smaller maps, I don’t think I can make it across open maps very efficiently).

also... could you just remove the duration for kinetic plating? Would save a lot of recasting costs if the only penalty it had was draining your kinetic energy over time outside of the initial casting cost. Increase the kinetic drain if you have to for balance sake. It would make the energy drain on mac rush a bit more forgivable.

But as is, gauss is an extreme energy gas guzzler. Especially with his recasting sunder gimmick. It’s all just too costly to use reliably.

I’m hoping Grendel doesn’t end up the same way. Considering he can’t use any of his abilities without having enemies in his gut. And having to spend more energy on top of constantly losing energy by having enemies inside your gut that acts as an additional energy requirement for the rest of his kit seems a bit over the top.

Edited by Shadedraxe