The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

14 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

yeah good point. i also made a comment somewhere in this forms about suggesting a "rev" mechanic. but i had some time to think about it and maybe it would be better on his 4th. where either holding or tapping his 4th cases gauss to rev up which after reving it takes a bit of your energy and basically puts it in the battery. after all i  think redline is a reference about both an anime and a car related thing. so why not add rev as a catch up mechanic if the battery gets too low in redline? 

also i thought of besides the idea of turning kinetic plating into a toggle able ability it could be a form of charge or maintain ability where you charge gauss' kinetic plating with battery by holding his 2nd ability till your satisfied with the amount of kinetic plating so you can charge it any time so it doesn't drain the battery while you are also in redline. but then again that might cause a balancing act that you would have to do. so a toggle able kinetic plating is most likely better. you can basically turn it on  when needed and turn off when unneeded. on a side note that even though i don't fully agree with the idea of redline itself buffing allies i did have an augment in name only that i had in mind. i dub it "grand prix" after some racing events and a racing anime. the idea is possibly was a redline back then but i think it would be better if it is a mach rush idea. 

the idea involves this grand prix gives mach rush an effect that leaves a trail behind him like lets say nezha that thus gives speed boost to allies when ever they wall across or in it. and a nice little redline effect could be that gauss gives a portion of his redline buff in it. or maybe have it this way, if it ends up a redline augment have it remove the flying particals that fly off into random enemies and just turn it from a damage ability into that buff ability. like many have said before augments almost always ends up as band aids for existing abilities, but what if they actually changed how that ability works? 

anyways sorry my mind just wonders around and thats why i keep on throwing suggestions. and sorry for my stubbornness about me prefering that redline doesn't end up a team buffer, or at least not unless an augment is involved. 

It's fine if Redline stays as a Gauss only steroid buff. I want to see a little more team utility out of Gauss, though, and to that end I suggested giving Kinetic Plating an aura effect for allies, to give them minor damage resistance against IPS, Blast, Heat, and Cold, and also give them knockdown/stagger immunity.

Also, a lingering field that slows enemies down, maybe reduces enemy damage while on top of the field. Imagine like an oil slick (from James Bond and his spy cars) or some kind of combustible fumes. Mach Rush detonates the field when cast inside of it for bonus effects. In case of fumes and not an oil slick, standing in the "smoke screen" can boost the Evasion state for players, etc.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Demonrider363 said:

It's fine if Redline stays as a Gauss only steroid buff. I want to see a little more team utility out of Gauss, though, and to that end I suggested giving Kinetic Plating an aura effect for allies, to give them minor damage resistance against IPS, Blast, Heat, and Cold, and also give them knockdown/stagger immunity.

Also, a lingering field that slows enemies down, maybe reduces enemy damage while on top of the field. Imagine like an oil slick (from James Bond and his spy cars) or some kind of combustible fumes. Mach Rush detonates the field when cast inside of it for bonus effects. In case of fumes and not an oil slick, standing in the "smoke screen" can boost the Evasion state for players, etc.

OK. anyways with kinetic plating i feel like in order for it to have team support i prefer it to be named kinetic field instead of kinetic plating because that just sounds weird for something that uses plating in the name, like guass is ripping off his armor or something and sticking it to teammates. but thats just nitpicking.  what i would really prefer is if the buff sticks to the frames even if they proceed outside of gauss' range because you could imagine how hard it would be to stay in range for people to access the buff when gauss is darting all over the place. plus then it would matter what gauss' range would be. just need to be in high five range once and they are good to go. or a nice way to encourage having range is to have when ever a ally is attacked while effected by kinetic plating is that he recovers a tiny portion of that in energy. but then i am not sure if that would be a bit too strong to add.

Edited by maddragonmaster

After playing around with gauss with different builds and more experience I think he’s a pretty solid warframe for most content. He doesn’t do anything that makes him stand out, but he also lacks any big noticeable weaknesses. He’s definitely fun and viable as a gunplay/melee play frame with decent cc and a really feel-good traversal that’s very helpful in bursts across star chart missions.

my one gripe is how he performs on open world maps. Seeing rebecca roam the plains with a speed frame looked tons of fun and somewhat of an alternative to always using Archwings (or k drives... if you’re into those).

Zephyr and nova are pretty efficient open world explorers without Archwings, I was hoping gauss would be too. But Mach rush isn’t efficient outside of bursts on small maps. Zephyr’s traversal costs less energy in the air and nova can cross the map in one cast.

Would there be anyway to make gauss cost less energy per distance the longer he stays in an uninterrupted run? Or even make its cost non existent after he reaches a certain distance within one run? Damage/ cost ratio couldn’t be exploited since the ability’s damage properties are non existent until he bumps into a wall and it doesn’t scale with how much distance gauss builds up. Unlimited/uninterrupted runs aren’t possible on small rat maze maps either, so it wouldn’t really affect him on smaller maps. Mach rush has the potential to be a fun alternative to getting around on big maps for players that pick gauss.

Edited by Shadedraxe
  • Like 3

Just got gauss today. My initial thoughts: i like all his abilities except redline. Why?

-it's too expensive (energy wise) for what it does

-the projectiles home into walls 99% of the time unless you are out in the plains/vallis

-the charge rate of the battery is way too slow: i reach max (outside of redline) in like 6~7 casts of Mach rush into a wall, why does it take ~20 in Redline.

-the buffs aren't that great as you can get them from other frames and they can do more, i.e. Wisp's haste mote does pretty much everything redline does but with near infinite duration, no energy loss/penalty if the duration runs out and can be used by teammates.

If i would change something it would be add damage increase to all of your weapons that scales with the meter, just that would make it feel more like an ultimate and make it worth it in my eyes as your damage would reach ridiculous levels if you are at max redline, and the energy penalty and slow charge rate makes sense as it balances the ability.

But that's just my two cents.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, AndouRaiton said:

Just got gauss today. My initial thoughts: i like all his abilities except redline. Why?

-it's too expensive (energy wise) for what it does

-the projectiles home into walls 99% of the time unless you are out in the plains/vallis

-the charge rate of the battery is way too slow: i reach max (outside of redline) in like 6~7 casts of Mach rush into a wall, why does it take ~20 in Redline.

-the buffs aren't that great as you can get them from other frames and they can do more, i.e. Wisp's haste mote does pretty much everything redline does but with near infinite duration, no energy loss/penalty if the duration runs out and can be used by teammates.

If i would change something it would be add damage increase to all of your weapons that scales with the meter, just that would make it feel more like an ultimate and make it worth it in my eyes as your damage would reach ridiculous levels if you are at max redline, and the energy penalty and slow charge rate makes sense as it balances the ability.

But that's just my two cents.

gauss does more damage with melee and inflect stagger on enemies when gauss has both kinetic plating and mach rush on, but yeah i see your point. but anyways gauss is not wisp. gauss' buff effects scale on duration, and are exclusive to guass because it just doesn't make sense for a speed central frame all about himself going fast to make others fast. i just rather see gauss be more based on a damage dealing warframe then be a buff frame. 

already have to deal with the fact that they make chroma a buff giving support,  which i rather see him as a incredible tank with a powerful elemental breath weapon. not some support with terrible range benefits and a durpy AI driven pelt turret. 

Ok so first I will make some points about Mach Rush to better fundament my suggestions, so you can understand better what I am aiming for: 

"Gauss is one of the fastest Warframes in the game, as long he is running in a straight line and doesn't jump"

When I first used Gauss I went straight to the PoE, I knew he would excel there and I already have Mach Rush and a rank 0 efficiency build. I went running. First thing I noticed the hold mechanic of Mach Rush was actually a "sticky hold", if you let go the button he would still be in Mach Rush (counterintuitive for what hold abilities usually are). Then I noticed you can't steer, well Gauss DOES turn but its so slow that it could as well not be there, not affected by any mods also. And finally I realized you cant even keep the momentum, so if you jump you will lose all speed and cancel the Mach Rush. 
 I know is not fair to keep comparing Volt and Gauss at this point, they are both fast but in different ways, but I couldn't help to realize all of the points above are directly better in Volt. He can turn as fast as you can aim, skilled Volt players can traverse boxes, walls and empty spaces in the blink of an eye, all without losing momentum. And instinctively you know if you are going very fast and you jump, you will jump a long distance, I love that about Volt in PoE.

"Gauss is much more than Mach Rush" 

After ranking him up I started doing classic tileset missions and his hold Mach Rush went out of the window, only an option when there is huge corridors (Kuva Fortress, Void, Jupiter) and you kinda know the procedural limitations of said tileset. But when I started unlocking new abilities I discovered the true potential of his kit. With a mild DPS mitigation as his Kinetic Plating, a strong and adaptable AoE CC in his Thermal Sunder and a 2x speed mode for your whole arsenal with Redline, which includes buffs for your other 3 abilities Gauss shines as a swift and agile DPS machine, quickly dashing from group to group of enemies applying CC, and then shredding them before they can even react. Only becoming faster and stronger the more he moves. 
 He is a BEAST, and probably the new main for a lot of veterans, as he requires knowledge of enemies, tilesets and builds, and his Redline being a 2x speed mode virtually halves your timing, making him the top pick for quick regular missions.

"Gauss has the stigma to fail at what he was advertised for"

Even with the amazing time I'm having with this frame I can't take the flaws of his Mach Rush out of my head, I knew there was something little that could make it incredible better, and it clicked, this is the 
 TL;DR and some words I scribbled down in the bus going to work. 

Gauss Mach Rush QOL
- Hold doesn't stick the ability
- Keeps momentum / doesn't cancel with jump
- Directional WASD Dash 

"Gauss can't tap an ability and become very fast like Volt, but he can Dash in a direction and choose to keep running that way or stand and fight"

Mach Rush after QoL
 HOLD: If he was able to tap an ability and simply become very fast he would be just like Volt. I respect the build up speed, the "accelerate" idea behind Gauss kit. But Id like ways to circumvent his flaws. If Mach Rush wasn't sticky and it keep momentum, I could let go the button, aim a different direction, and recast the ability. That's a very satisfying way of "steering" and with momentum you could put drift mods in to actually make a drifter frame!!! 
 DASH: Dashing through enemies, casting Thermal Sunder aiming your Acceltra and shredding lvl 150 Grineer is god tier satisfaction and represents what Warframe means for me: A lighting fast and bloody shooter slasher. Now, Gauss already can Mach Rush while aiming, why dont change his dash to be WASD directional? Like Operator's? That way you can aim and start dashing forwards and backwards, left and right, adjusting your position in the blink of an eye without losing your aim. This would also be useful to better intuitively change your direction and follow it up with the holded mechanic for a smoother "steering" of Mach Rush. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Roble_Viejo said:

Ok so first I will make some points about Mach Rush to better fundament my suggestions, so you can understand better what I am aiming for: 

"Gauss is one of the fastest Warframes in the game, as long he is running in a straight line and doesn't jump"

When I first used Gauss I went straight to the PoE, I knew he would excel there and I already have Mach Rush and a rank 0 efficiency build. I went running. First thing I noticed the hold mechanic of Mach Rush was actually a "sticky hold", if you let go the button he would still be in Mach Rush (counterintuitive for what hold abilities usually are). Then I noticed you can't steer, well Gauss DOES turn but its so slow that it could as well not be there, not affected by any mods also. And finally I realized you cant even keep the momentum, so if you jump you will lose all speed and cancel the Mach Rush. 
 I know is not fair to keep comparing Volt and Gauss at this point, they are both fast but in different ways, but I couldn't help to realize all of the points above are directly better in Volt. He can turn as fast as you can aim, skilled Volt players can traverse boxes, walls and empty spaces in the blink of an eye, all without losing momentum. And instinctively you know if you are going very fast and you jump, you will jump a long distance, I love that about Volt in PoE.

"Gauss is much more than Mach Rush" 

After ranking him up I started doing classic tileset missions and his hold Mach Rush went out of the window, only an option when there is huge corridors (Kuva Fortress, Void, Jupiter) and you kinda know the procedural limitations of said tileset. But when I started unlocking new abilities I discovered the true potential of his kit. With a mild DPS mitigation as his Kinetic Plating, a strong and adaptable AoE CC in his Thermal Sunder and a 2x speed mode for your whole arsenal with Redline, which includes buffs for your other 3 abilities Gauss shines as a swift and agile DPS machine, quickly dashing from group to group of enemies applying CC, and then shredding them before they can even react. Only becoming faster and stronger the more he moves. 
 He is a BEAST, and probably the new main for a lot of veterans, as he requires knowledge of enemies, tilesets and builds, and his Redline being a 2x speed mode virtually halves your timing, making him the top pick for quick regular missions.

"Gauss has the stigma to fail at what he was advertised for"

Even with the amazing time I'm having with this frame I can't take the flaws of his Mach Rush out of my head, I knew there was something little that could make it incredible better, and it clicked, this is the 
 TL;DR and some words I scribbled down in the bus going to work. 

Gauss Mach Rush QOL
- Hold doesn't stick the ability
- Keeps momentum / doesn't cancel with jump
- Directional WASD Dash 

"Gauss can't tap an ability and become very fast like Volt, but he can Dash in a direction and choose to keep running that way or stand and fight"

Mach Rush after QoL
 HOLD: If he was able to tap an ability and simply become very fast he would be just like Volt. I respect the build up speed, the "accelerate" idea behind Gauss kit. But Id like ways to circumvent his flaws. If Mach Rush wasn't sticky and it keep momentum, I could let go the button, aim a different direction, and recast the ability. That's a very satisfying way of "steering" and with momentum you could put drift mods in to actually make a drifter frame!!! 
 DASH: Dashing through enemies, casting Thermal Sunder aiming your Acceltra and shredding lvl 150 Grineer is god tier satisfaction and represents what Warframe means for me: A lighting fast and bloody shooter slasher. Now, Gauss already can Mach Rush while aiming, why dont change his dash to be WASD directional? Like Operator's? That way you can aim and start dashing forwards and backwards, left and right, adjusting your position in the blink of an eye without losing your aim. This would also be useful to better intuitively change your direction and follow it up with the holded mechanic for a smoother "steering" of Mach Rush. 

note you can carefully already a tiny bit of directional manuvering while in mach rush. might not be noticeable but when you are in the mach rush after you are able to release the 1 key gauss remains in mach rush which means you have a extra finger free so you can do a careful management of press lets say a key then release w key you are then mach rushing to the left, and therefor you can run in circles with mach rush, but there is still the issue of the fact that he can't make tight corners. so here is an idea for that. after releasing the 1 key while running gauss you can then manage gauss speed by sprint key and maybe the crouch key. not really sure what would be a better slow key. that or have there be a gear shift mechanic between 1-4 while gauss is in his continuous mach rush. with 1 on mach rush being like a jog to him and 4 being his full dead on sprint. but then that might not work. so i still think some how having shift and another key being some kind of throttle and brake mechanic would be better now that i think about it. 

anyways not sure how to implement this as i don't have a degree in game designing but that could solve some problems. also kind of thinking that pressing jump button should do something special like a special type of bullet jump that gauss could do that turns him into a literal living bullet causing him to plow through enemies. maybe dub it rocket jump.

Electrokinetic Battery:

Not much to say, it does what it says, and what it does is good. One of the best passives in the game, even. It synergizes with both his theme and his kit.

Complaints:

Gauss does not generate battery from moving vertically. This punishes Gauss for parkour.

Suggestions:

Gauss should generate battery when jumping/bullet jumping/parkouring.

Mach Rush:

Mach Rush has three main uses: Moving quickly, disabling enemies, and charging his battery. It's fun and reasonably effective at those three things. I especially enjoy that you can use the ability during Redline's cast animation as well as whilst you are reloading.

Its base damage is high relative to many powers, but isn't useful for that. It also has synergy with Kinetic Plating, which isn't very impactful, and synergy with Redline, which is great.

Complaints:

The AoE around Gauss as he travels does not seem to be affected by line of sight, but the shockwave AoE created when he slams into a wall does seem to be affected.

Mach Rush's minimum distance makes it difficult to use in some tilesets and mission types. 

Mach Rush's casting controls are odd, in particular, the way that if you press and hold 1, then press and hold W, then let go of 1, you can use WASD to maintain and steer the power.

Mach Rush's synergy with Kinetic Plating is lacking--its only function is being marginally useful for Condition Overload.

Suggestions:

The shockwave AoE created when he slams into a wall should not be affected by line of sight. Typically LoS restrictions exist to prevent a frame from sitting in a corner and effortlessly killing enemies, but this is out of place on an ability with a small range that you can't use in the first place unless you throw yourself into a corner.

Mach Rush should have a much smaller minimum distance so that you can use it to build battery in small maps or during missions like Excavation without abandoning the objective.

Mach Rush should continue only upon holding down 1. The ability to steer during Mach Rush is nice on paper, but Gauss' turning radius is reduced so dramatically that you are better off letting go of 1 and recasting Mach Rush than using that feature (it's also far harder to use on controller).

Either Mach Rush should deal more damage (ideally some amount of % health damage) to make Kinetic Plating's synergy relevant, or the Kinetic Plating proc should be changed to a Puncture proc, or that combo should reduce enemy armor, or have some other utility effect.

Kinetic Plating:

It's great thematically, and the visual effects are gorgeous, but it's also one of the biggest issues in his kit.

Complaints:

Whilst active Gauss is immune to being knocked down and a handful of other things, but can still be affected by Slash procs, etc.

Kinetic Plating drains Gauss' battery whenever he is damaged. How much a hit drains his battery is based upon how much damage it deals. Unfortunately, that means that enemies at or above even the lowest sortie levels can drain his entire battery very quickly as they hit very hard and very fast. I cannot begin to overstate how much of an issue this is. I'm fine with having to turn the ability on or off to manage Gauss' battery. But to make an informed decision like that I'd have to be informed. And I can't really do that if I can't gauge what the battery drain will be. And presently, you can't really do that because no one can keep track of every enemy that might damage you.

It's not clear from the description how Kinetic Plating's energy restoration works.

Kinetic Plating has a duration, can be deactivated prematurely, and there's a good reason to deactivate it early. It should thus be a toggled ability.

Suggestions:

Gauss should be immune to all status effects similar to Iron Skin whilst Kinetic Plating is active. I suppose the current implementation makes sense--he reduces the damage he takes, but does indeed still take it--but it also feels awful to watch your health get chipped away to nothing when you've had Kinetic Plating active and your battery at or near 100% for the entire mission and haven't had your shields go down even once.

Remove Kinetic Plating's battery drain upon taking damage. Increase the passive battery drain each second, if needed. This makes it consistent and predictable so that we can decide when we need it versus when we should deactivate it.

Specify the way the energy restoration works in the description so that we do not have to test it in the Simulacrum to find out whether it is or isn't affected by things like Adaptation, Gauss' battery level, etc. (For those wondering, you restore the same amount of energy at 0% battery as you do at 80% battery, independent of your power strength and things like Adaptation.)

Change Kinetic Plating to a toggled ability with a flat energy activation cost and no energy cost over time.

Thermal Sunder:

This ability has three different functions. Cold Sunder is great. Blast Sunder is underwhelming. Heat Sunder is a false choice.

Complaints:

This ability creates far too much visual clutter.

The persistent damage fields have relatively little purpose.

The damage does not scale well.

Cold Sunder does not generate enough battery. It has a longer animation than Mach Rush, it costs three times as much as Mach Rush, and generates less battery than Mach Rush. This is very punishing when you are in a situation where you need battery but do not want to or cannot move.

You should never cast Heat Sunder because all of Gauss' other abilities want him to have full battery.

Blast Sunder's armor reduction is negligible. As far as I can tell it only works if you're over the redline and also only reaches the full 50% reduction at 100% battery. It would be mediocre even if it always reduced armor by 50%.

Suggestions:

Reduce the visual spam.

Remove the persistent damage fields or make them have a chance to apply their respective status.

Increase the battery generated by Cold Sunder to 20%.

Move the armor reduction from Blast Sunder whilst redlining to Heat Sunder's second cast whilst below the redline or first cast if you are above the redline and make it scale with your total battery level.

Change the damage on Blast Sunder to % health damage, doubled whilst above the redline.

(In other words, Cold + Cold = Freeze, Heat + Heat = Armor Reduction, Blast = % Damage. Whilst above the redline, Cold = Freeze, Heat = Armor Reduction, Blast = 2 * % Damage.)

Redline:

One of the most fun abilities in the game. I love it.

Complaints:

I can deactivate the ability early, but have no reason to do so. If done before 100% Redline, I lose a significant amount of battery. If done afterwards, I waste precious time I could have spent in 100% Redline.

Mach Rush's energy cost reduction, Kinetic Plating's melee damage bonus, and Blast Sunder's armor reduction synergies only function whilst past the redline.

100% Redline is not explained at all and very confusing at first.

Suggestions:

Make it so that I cannot deactivate Redline early. Either I should not be able to press the key again, or doing so should recast it and refresh the duration of the ability.

Synergies should function whilst Redline is active even if not above the redline, albeit at reduced effectiveness. For example, at 80% battery, Kinetic Plating should provide 50% melee damage, whilst at 100% battery it would provide the full 100%.

100% Redline should, in all honesty, be something you are trying to avoid rather than a benefit. That would give us an actual reason to cast Heat Sunder. With that said, though, it'd be fine as is if it were more clear as to what it is and does.

Edited by YagoXiten

1 hour ago, YagoXiten said:

Electrokinetic Battery:

Not much to say, it does what it says, and what it does is good. One of the best passives in the game, even. It synergizes with both his theme and his kit.

Complaints:

Gauss does not generate battery from moving vertically. This punishes Gauss for parkour.

Suggestions:

Gauss should generate battery when jumping/bullet jumping/parkouring.

Mach Rush:

Mach Rush has three main uses: Moving quickly, disabling enemies, and charging his battery. It's fun and reasonably effective at those three things. I especially enjoy that you can use the ability during Redline's cast animation as well as whilst you are reloading.

Its base damage is high relative to many powers, but isn't useful for that. It also has synergy with Kinetic Plating, which isn't very impactful, and synergy with Redline, which is great.

Complaints:

The AoE around Gauss as he travels does not seem to be affected by line of sight, but the shockwave AoE created when he slams into a wall does seem to be affected.

Mach Rush's minimum distance makes it difficult to use in some tilesets and mission types. 

Mach Rush's casting controls are odd, in particular, the way that if you press and hold 1, then press and hold W, then let go of 1, you can use WASD to maintain and steer the power.

Mach Rush's synergy with Kinetic Plating is lacking--its only function is being marginally useful for Condition Overload.

Suggestions:

The shockwave AoE created when he slams into a wall should not be affected by line of sight. Typically LoS restrictions exist to prevent a frame from sitting in a corner and effortlessly killing enemies, but this is out of place on an ability with a small range that you can't use in the first place unless you throw yourself into a corner.

Mach Rush should have a much smaller minimum distance so that you can use it to build battery in small maps or during missions like Excavation without abandoning the objective.

Mach Rush should continue only upon holding down 1. The ability to steer during Mach Rush is nice on paper, but Gauss' turning radius is reduced so dramatically that you are better off letting go of 1 and recasting Mach Rush than using that feature (it's also far harder to use on controller).

Either Mach Rush should deal more damage (ideally some amount of % health damage) to make Kinetic Plating's synergy relevant, or the Kinetic Plating proc should be changed to a Puncture proc, or that combo should reduce enemy armor, or have some other utility effect.

Kinetic Plating:

It's great thematically, and the visual effects are gorgeous, but it's also one of the biggest issues in his kit.

Complaints:

Whilst active Gauss is immune to being knocked down and a handful of other things, but can still be affected by Slash procs, etc.

Kinetic Plating drains Gauss' battery whenever he is damaged. How much a hit drains his battery is based upon how much damage it deals. Unfortunately, that means that enemies at or above even the lowest sortie levels can drain his entire battery very quickly as they hit very hard and very fast. I cannot begin to overstate how much of an issue this is. I'm fine with having to turn the ability on or off to manage Gauss' battery. But to make an informed decision like that I'd have to be informed. And I can't really do that if I can't gauge what the battery drain will be. And presently, you can't really do that because no one can keep track of every enemy that might damage you.

It's not clear from the description how Kinetic Plating's energy restoration works.

Kinetic Plating has a duration, can be deactivated prematurely, and there's a good reason to deactivate it early. It should thus be a toggled ability.

Suggestions:

Gauss should be immune to all status effects similar to Iron Skin whilst Kinetic Plating is active. I suppose the current implementation makes sense--he reduces the damage he takes, but does indeed still take it--but it also feels awful to watch your health get chipped away to nothing when you've had Kinetic Plating active and your battery at or near 100% for the entire mission and haven't had your shields go down even once.

Remove Kinetic Plating's battery drain upon taking damage. Increase the passive battery drain each second, if needed. This makes it consistent and predictable so that we can decide when we need it versus when we should deactivate it.

Specify the way the energy restoration works in the description so that we do not have to test it in the Simulacrum to find out whether it is or isn't affected by things like Adaptation, Gauss' battery level, etc. (For those wondering, you restore the same amount of energy at 0% battery as you do at 80% battery, independent of your power strength and things like Adaptation.)

Change Kinetic Plating to a toggled ability with a flat energy activation cost and no energy cost over time.

Thermal Sunder:

This ability has three different functions. Cold Sunder is great. Blast Sunder is underwhelming. Heat Sunder is a false choice.

Complaints:

This ability creates far too much visual clutter.

The persistent damage fields have relatively little purpose.

The damage does not scale well.

Cold Sunder does not generate enough battery. It has a longer animation than Mach Rush, it costs three times as much as Mach Rush, and generates less battery than Mach Rush. This is very punishing when you are in a situation where you need battery but do not want to or cannot move.

You should never cast Heat Sunder because all of Gauss' other abilities want him to have full battery.

Blast Sunder's armor reduction is negligible. As far as I can tell it only works if you're over the redline and also only reaches the full 50% reduction at 100% battery. It would be mediocre even if it always reduced armor by 50%.

Suggestions:

Reduce the visual spam.

Remove the persistent damage fields or make them have a chance to apply their respective status.

Increase the battery generated by Cold Sunder to 20%.

Move the armor reduction from Blast Sunder whilst redlining to Heat Sunder's second cast whilst below the redline or first cast if you are above the redline and make it scale with your total battery level.

Change the damage on Blast Sunder to % health damage, doubled whilst above the redline.

(In other words, Cold + Cold = Freeze, Heat + Heat = Armor Reduction, Blast = % Damage. Whilst above the redline, Cold = Freeze, Heat = Armor Reduction, Blast = 2 * % Damage.)

Redline:

One of the most fun abilities in the game. I love it.

Complaints:

I can deactivate the ability early, but have no reason to do so. If done before 100% Redline, I lose a significant amount of battery. If done afterwards, I waste precious time I could have spent in 100% Redline.

Mach Rush's energy cost reduction, Kinetic Plating's melee damage bonus, and Blast Sunder's armor reduction synergies only function whilst past the redline.

100% Redline is not explained at all and very confusing at first.

Suggestions:

Make it so that I cannot deactivate Redline early. Either I should not be able to press the key again, or doing so should recast it and refresh the duration of the ability.

Synergies should function whilst Redline is active even if not above the redline, albeit at reduced effectiveness. For example, at 80% battery, Kinetic Plating should provide 50% melee damage, whilst at 100% battery it would provide the full 100%.

100% Redline should, in all honesty, be something you are trying to avoid rather than a benefit. That would give us an actual reason to cast Heat Sunder. With that said, though, it'd be fine as is if it were more clear as to what it is and does.

here is a better idea for redline, make it where heat part of thermal sunder is a free cast or something along that lines and then you don't have to worry about heat sunder messing with the gauge. or better yet have there be an intresting mechanic with heat and cold interaction besides the blast. have heat patches boost the ammount of kinetic you get from the cold activations, and maybe have there be a nice bit while having a gauss sit in a heat patch to recharge their battery. maybe even slow down the drain while standing in a heat patch. and maybe have synergy with mach rush like if you rush through a heat patch gives gauss rush a hot proc, and maybe the same with cold and blast.

side note maybe cold patches could boost gauss speed for a little bit. and blast patches be like i don't know maybe trigger a blast as if gauss ran into a wall?

Edited by maddragonmaster

So I just got Gauss today and coincidentally, I also got a Zenistar. It was perfect for void interception. I could run around while my spinning disk of death held down the fort for me.

As for Gauss himself, I've never had a warframe that felt so natural for me to use. Some people complained about it being disorienting or too fast but he's very straight forward for me. I haven't taken him out for a spin in the open world areas just yet but I imagine he's going to shine there.

Mach Rush is definitely an ability that I love spamming. Very useful for travelling, closing the gap, running to the nearest wall or ragdoll enemies in front of me.

Kinetic plating definitely saved me a lot. Almost have it on all the time. Even with energy return, I do still run short on energy with my current setup.

Thermal Sunder is kind of meh for me since it needs a good range to be feasible but even then, I hardly notice the result. It would be nice if this ability was an aura around you instead of being confined to an area where it was casted since new enemies coming into the cast area doesn't seem to be affected. CC with this frame would be more practical.

Redline is tricky to utilize. I can get redline maxed reasonably quick with how much I spam Mach Rush and in fact, I spam mach rush to get it maxed all the while doing CC on enemies I happen to see. I haven't fully leveled up Gauss just yet but the fire rate increase is definitely very noticeable but the reload buff is kind of underwhelming. That maybe due to me not leveling him up all the way.

On top of all that, I love it that all his abilities can be cast on the go which don't make his abilities feel like they take to long and open you up to attack even if Redline seem to take its sweet time to be activated.

All in all, Gauss is a pretty solid frame. Gonna have a lot of time playing with him.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, arm4geddon-117 said:

2 weeks and still no words from DE about this feedback...that looks promising...ah nvm, hyldrin hit 50+ pages with tweak suggestions, problematics, ways to fix them and that went totally ignored...i guess 17 pages of feedback isn't enough either

🤣🤣🤣

it is rather disappointing that after 2 weeks they haven't said a thing about the feedback we have provided. Not even a "We've see your feedback and have been taking them into consideration".

Edited by Raqiya
Added "been"

1 hour ago, Raqiya said:

it is rather disappointing that after 2 weeks they haven't said a thing about the feedback we have provided. Not even a "We've see your feedback and have taking them into consideration".

Remember, gauss has gotten 2 changes. A measly “builds battery while reviving allies” and a fix to an exergis exploit. 

Dont get too high hopes

So I sorta figured out why redline is so inefficient, it's because it only gets reasonably filled by spamming dash with mach rush. Thermal sunder uses too much energy and moving normally doesn't fill the gauge fast enough, even rushing with mach rush. Coupled with redline draining the gauge that can stack with kinetic plating drainage, and you get an ability that goes against a frame about being fast because the gauge fills so slowly otherwise. And adding duration, to enjoy the buffs longer once you've reach full gauge, only makes reaching the full gauge worse and exacerbates the entire thing.

Also, reminder that hitting enemies directly with mach rush doesn't damage them, despite turning gauss into a high velocity object.

• Like 2

his secondaries need a reload buff bc even with the gauss passive its still super long and the ammo for both weapons need to be increased big time maybe 250 ammo for the rifle and 150 for the secondaries to off set it you could reduce the damage a bit like 5 or 10% bc they are just incredibly slow and cumbersome to use.

• Like 1

On 2019-09-14 at 1:00 AM, brokenfate991 said:

his secondaries need a reload buff bc even with the gauss passive its still super long and the ammo for both weapons need to be increased big time maybe 250 ammo for the rifle and 150 for the secondaries to off set it you could reduce the damage a bit like 5 or 10% bc they are just incredibly slow and cumbersome to use.

🤞🤞

Last night, I played a 50 minute grineer disruption arbitration on the mars tileset and had a blast playing Gauss. I was running with Quick Thinking and a team of 2 rhinos (1 built for beyblading) and a gara. I died only once at 48 minutes, while everyone else died 2-4 times. I was only outdamaged by the beyblade.

The whole experience has me thinking more on the fun vs. function feedback and suggestions I've posted. Overall, I'd say Gauss is nearly fine as is, but he could use some small-ish improvements. Of course, there could always be more improvements to make him better, great, whatever, but the following I think are the bare essential changes would make Gauss perfectly fine.

--

Redline

- There needs needs needs to be some kind of sweet audio and visual cue for when you hit 100%. Not only will that be awesome and satisfying, but it'll be a useful way players can know when to cast Kinetic Plating for 100% without having to look at a relatively small UI element in the lower corner.

- The battery build mechanic for Redline is too passive, not rewarding enough. Here's the thing. When the player triggers Redline, they want that 100%. Maybe they don't need it, as the buffs are still strong without it, but they still want it. And they need to reach it by being as mobile as possible, and using the abilities as much as possible. That's it. This results in players just looking for long hallways to run down, or jumping around in circles like maniacs. Instead, they should be encouraged and rewarded with extra charge for running through mobs, catching many enemies in thermal sunder, and getting kills at high speed and in parkour. TL;DR battery for redline should build up even faster due to slide and glide kills, mach rush and thermal sunder hitting enemies.

Mach Rush

- I think there's one QoL tweak to Mach Rush that stands far above any other ones which have been suggested, and that's making it so that mach rush can be used sideways and backwards. It'll make the ability feel a lot more responsive and we'll get more use out of it for short dashes, especially while aiming. This doesn't mean new animations, it just means he quickly turns so that left, right, or backwards becomes the new forwards, without reorienting the camera.

Passive

1. The current passive is... whatever. Lukewarm. Milquetoast. I think there could be something more thematically tied to his speed, run and gun theme, as in faster move speed while aiming, and less or no slowdown when firing while sprinting or walking.

--

That's it. Those are, in my opinion, the most important changes Gauss needs.

• Like 2

The Acceltra and Akarius weapons are fine. Not really what I'm gonna start using in every mission, but they're good.

Gauss is also pretty neat, I like the feel of the speed he gives.

Just a few touches I'd like seen on him:

1 - Increase the power of the Fire mode of Thermal Sunder and make it so it needs battery to even activate. I feel it would be better that way since we're paying not only energy but also battery for a mode that basically deals the same damage as the mode that only requires energy and charges battery. There should be some better equivalent exchange here.

2 - Make the battery charge also when we're performing Melee attacks. We're clearly moving, so we should be generating kinetic energy for the battery, yet it's still considered as thought we were standing still.

And that's all, there's my feedback.

Tried to read through as many posts and info before posting, please correct me if I'm wrong about mechanics or numbers. Spoilers are just reasoning, summary is under Suggested Changes.

Good
I really like the look, sound etc. that's fine. I also really like the basic concepts of his abilities and their main functions, I really am not looking for any major overhauls. He wasn't terribly hard to obtain (but I also was lucky) as in the missions to get Gauss are fine (the luck involved should be fixed but that applies to a variety of frames and merits it's own discussion/forum). Overall very good in the hands of a player with all of the things in Warframe. (Not the best choice if you don't for sure.)
1. Mach Rush is fast. Feels pretty good, I actually quite like the hold forward to continue Rushing.
2. Kinetic Plating having specific inclinations to elements is cool, the idea you could gain energy is interesting. No knockdowns is awesome... but this is his least interesting ability and the one I find least helpful
3. Thermal Sunder is really quick effective CC, Feels REALLY good to: hold 3, double tap 3. I like being able to leave something behind at a location since I move around so fast. Particularly helpful with Mission types that strongly encourage not moving particularly far.
4. Redline powering up off of Duration is really interesting, the buffs are fun. 

Needs Improvement
My biggest problem with the frame overall is his Energy economies. Both of them have some pretty big problems.

Spoiler

In detail:
His polarity is kinda meant for Rush Aura and exilus but I find I run Energy Aura and Coaction Drift. And Zenurik with minimum 130 efficiency. That's bad.
1. Energy costs on his 1st are brutal. This ability plays a huge role in the frame's gameplay and identity being bogged down by heavy energy restrictions makes High efficiency builds an absolute necessary. The energy drain per 2m is tiny, bump it to 10m charging the battery equal to energy drained. Cap the drain over distance at 100m. The only place we can even use it is the plains really and there are much faster options so it's not prone to abuse particularly. Have strength mods affect % of battery charged.
2. The 2nd ability has Battery problems, this ability drains battery and does it fast. It gives Energy back but not in a ratio to have any significance. Either make it 1:1, affected by strength or efficiency mods, or remove battery drain per hit. This could be changed to work like Health conversion where it drains and restores in chunks. This is the best scenario in my mind. It drains 10% on hit then has a 3s grace period before it drains again.
3. Gauss's 3rd ability has both problems, the cost for return is expensive considering multiple casts are required to get it's effects and beyond that it doesn't justify the ability's low overall impact it's fine CC and low level damage but not much else. Fire mode requires a hold delay, has a generally less effective proc, costs energy and Battery??? The cold Proc gives as much Battery as Mach Rush which makes it not very useful for charging battery. Make the battery boost higher or make it affected by mods. On the heat version either drain energy or battery, not both. If it drains battery, make it recharge energy.
4. Redline on it's own doesn't drain too much battery but combined with the other drains and it turns off pretty quickly. If I wasn't already forced to use efficiency mods the 100 energy cost is also high. For the cost it really shouldn't drain battery honestly. The battery timer part should allow to maintain max energy after one quarter of the duration of the ability at most, not after two thirds of the ability's duration.

Some of the mechanics of his abilities also definitely need tweaks.

Spoiler

Passive could have some more effects. First is to be able to sprint while shooting & aiming. Perhaps a passive Augur mod effect giving overshields on energy spent would be nicer than just shield recharge, unless proper shield gating is added soon. Upon further reflection anything to help his ammo economy would be great, messes with his 4th pretty bad. Passive ammo mutation. Remove that battery drain on out of bounds! There are places where I out of bounds through walls and the consistency between what is & isn't out of bounds is non-existent.
1. Mach Rush being forward only, this is a super common request in the thread and I have to agree. Add in some other directions for his dash and it will go a long way in how much the frame can do. Allow the player to force the explosion through tapping the opposite direction Gauss is traveling so we don't need to find random things to slam into, it'll be more way more satisfying to play.
2. Kinetic Plating, this damage reduction is not very effective with the most annoying and difficult to avoid types of damage especially Toxin. If you are able to get Adaptation you will easily find it doing all of the actual work keeping Gauss alive. Due to Adaptation's boons and Kinetic Platings problems I outright don't use Kinetic Plating in favour of Adaptation. Would be nice to give it at least partial resistance to other elements or have it so impacts with Mach Rush give Gauss more armor while the duration is active.
3. Thermal Sunder has a few issues: As many have pointed out the heat procs & damage are not the greatest, I do however disagree on the usefulness of Blast procs. Blast and then freeze is a great setup. However Heat procs will last longest for Condition Overload (if you have it). His lasting AOE rings don't have enough effect, procs wear off almost immediately after the ability is cast. Each proc should be applied as long as enemies are in the ring, if you have both rings active you have 2-3 procs affecting enemies (Blast can wear off after 6-10s based on battery %). Base stats upped to initial radius 13m, final radius 8m, base duration 13s. Armor strip will be fine at 50% on max battery as long as the battery changes suggested are made especially to Redline, but Armor strip without Redline active should be available with max at 20%.
4. Redline. Other than the cost, the next problem is it's Battery charge to 100% and then the percentage remaining drain. Very confusing as many of the first posts in the forum show it's really unclear what the number percentage is about. Beyond that the duration to recharge is two thirds of the ability time which means you're either not taking advantage of what the ability is intended for because of the drained battery resulting in reduced Redline performance, or you are wasting most of the ability trying to keep it charged. Make it so Gauss can hit that 100% in the first quarter of the ability's duration or ditch the battery timer altogether and give 100% battery for the ability's full duration and just reset battery to 0% after the Redline is done. For a 100 Energy cost and additional energy to upkeep the ability to basic functions it just isn't worth it. Also remove the cast again to turn off the ability. This ability boosts damage decently but has another cost of chewing all of your ammo really quickly. Change the percentage indicator to just be the the battery's charge. The whole percent over Redline is real confusing. Just change the color while over the Redline

He also could use a little help with damage, but I don't think this is a big of a deal as many of the other posts do.

Spoiler

1. Mach Rush doesn't do much on direct impact. and like many have said this doesn't feel good/right. It also doesn't have the wall hit effect on short dashes it seems. Damage on enemies directly hit, since the impact is more focused and the range is 2.5 times higher on explosion, 2.5 times more damage on direct impact this makes it 2000 damage on direct impact.
2. Having 2 active with Mach Rush currently swaps the damage type to slash, which is pretty minor. Rather than swap just add the damage on.
3. This ability is decently powerful at low levels but it doesn't scale up well. In my opinion the best scaling for this ability is one similar to Frost's Snowglobe. The Duration and shrinking Radius will keep it in check, for power especially since their corrupted mods oppose each other. So the way this would work is toss out a ring and it does 750 damage, toss out another and it does 1500, toss out another and it'll do 2250 so on and so forth. Every blast ring doubles outgoing damage, so with 3 rings active 4500 blast damage. This justifies the shrinking ring and short duration, and the limitations of energy cost and lack of mobility to take advantage of it.
4. Strength mods now also affect the percentages or increases battery charge and decreases battery drain. Doesn't have to be huge here like 200% power strength boosting to 75-125% fire rate, 40-66% attack speed, 50-83% reload speed 100-166% holster speed buff.

Suggested Changes
Generally if he's gonna have the dual energy economy with the back and forth of energy to battery the ratio has to be a lot closer to a 1:1, give:take. Strength mods do too little, it's great he's not centered around them. But they do so little it hurts any sort of build diversity. Allowing for more battery charge and reduced battery consumption might be a nice option.
Passive needs the sprint while shooting and aiming added. Possibly adding a over-shield effect like the Augur mod set with energy drained restoring a little shield. Upon further reflection anything to help his ammo economy would be great, messes with his 4th pretty bad. Passive ammo mutation. Remove that battery drain on out of bounds!
1.  Add the ability to dash other directions, damage on direct impact = 2000 if that's too much allow the player to force the explosion through tapping the opposite direction Gauss is traveling.With 2 active make the damage 800 impact & 800 Slash with Slash proc. While held, drain is 1 energy/10m capped at 100m and battery charge is 1% battery/2m. Reduce repeated cast costs, if within 2s, make it 50% cost, 5% battery boost.
2. Change drain mechanics to 10% battery drain happens on hit which returns 10 energy then 3 secs of no battery drain, then repeat. Add 50% damage reduction on the not specialized elements: toxin, viral, gas, corrosive, electricity, magnetic. Or add armor to Gauss when 2 is active and enemies are hit with 1.
3. No battery cost on heat ring! or heat gives energy instead of costing energy and battery. Heat & Cold procs last while each ring is active Heat and cold rings can both be active as long as they overlap, blast procs last for 6-10s at base. Base stats could be upped to 13m radius, 13s duration. Armor strip without Redline active at 20% armor strip with 80% battery with Redline active according to wiki it's 50% which is what it should be. Damage stacks on overlapping stacked rings first ring at 750, second ring at 1500, 3rd ring at 2250, etc. Blast doubles the damage ex. 3 stack = 4500 damage. Reduce repeated cast costs, if within 2s, make it 75% cost.
4. Battery drains only when ability finishes, battery timer to reach the locked 100% is reduced from 2/3rds of the ability duration to 1/4 of the ability duration. Or no Battery charge timer and instead 100% Battery is locked on cast and resets battery to 0% when it's done. Remove the 2nd cast turning off the ability! Allow strength mods at least increase his minimum percentages to higher values, or give at least a small boost to percentages. Or ramp the projectiles way up. Change the percentage indicator to just be the the battery's charge. When over the redline gauge turns red instead.

Fun suggestions
1. With Mach Rush add the ability to make sharp turns via crouch/slide. Gauss plants a hand and pivots to the direction aimed on a dime. Adds interactivity to the ability and would be in general rad/cool/fun. Pressing Shift boosts speed even more at a 1 energy per second cost.
2. Kinetic Plating gives energy on enemies hit. Gauss makes himself ammo when hit.
- Augment idea: could restore shields/ health on running into an enemy with a cold/heat proc.
3. Rushing through a ring adds the damage to his 1st. People like it being the same element as the ring, I'd be cool if it was just added in slash damage. Combine this with the stacking rings damage for extra fun. Seems like a possible augment idea.
4. Add some movement speed boost to the buffs.
- Augment makes it a party buff.

Some great comments in this thread I've read that I think are also helpful:

Spoiler

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/?tab=comments#comment-11000876

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11001998

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/2/?tab=comments#comment-11002035

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-11002483

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-11003266

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-11003363

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-11003765

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/5/?tab=comments#comment-11005374

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-11007056

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/6/?tab=comments#comment-11007730

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/7/?tab=comments#comment-11009832

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/8/?tab=comments#comment-11011716

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-11012700

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/9/?tab=comments#comment-11013499

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/10/?tab=comments#comment-11014244

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/16/?tab=comments#comment-11026318

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/18/?tab=comments#comment-11045077

https://forums.warframe.com/topic/1123768-pc-gauss-signature-weapons-feedback/page/19/?tab=comments#comment-11050677

Some common suggestions I don't think would work

Spoiler

- Carrying his 3 around as an Aura. This is what Ember's 4th is already, which has already had a long history of why this should not be the case. If you want this expect his 3rd's damage will be nerfed to a point of pointlessness. This also just doesn't leave much room for strategic placement or other fun things you can do with the ability. Potentially becomes another Silence dancing Banshee CC at best.
- Damage Reduction based on speed. You won't get hit if you move fast, it's the moments Gauss isn't moving and the AOEs that put Gauss in trouble.

Edited by Sasuda
Finally finished may add afew more good comments I find
  • Like 2

Please add "Gauss maintains his speed when aiming" to his passive. Mods like Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds require you to be aiming to benefit from their buffs. You can easily get Argon Scope's bonus with weapons like Prisma Gorgon and Soma Prime without even trying for head shots! Heck, I bet this would even work on Amprex and that weapon had a mind of its own! All of these weapons I mention are perfect for Gauss! Still, you need to be aiming to benefit from these mods and that's currently really bad for charging Gauss' battery.

Or this!

22 hours ago, Brucely said:

1. The current passive is... whatever. Lukewarm. Milquetoast. I think there could be something more thematically tied to his speed, run and gun theme, as in faster move speed while aiming, and less or no slowdown when firing while sprinting or walking.

Edited by nslay
  • Like 1

I'm not sure if I'm just an idiot abut this but, I honestly really feel giving explosive weapons (that can inflict self damage) to the Warframe that needs to be continually moving is a bad idea. I've constantly killed myself many a time because I kept firing either the Acceltra or the Akarius while sprinting, rolling, or bullet jumping forward too fast sometimes, or when jumping down from a higher elevation. It doesn't always happen, but it's easy to replicate. It kind of defeats the purpose of constantly moving forward while shooting a gun (something you do with all Warframes yet it's even more obvious with Gauss), yet the weapons are supposedly built to prevent self damage by having their rockets only arm once they reach a "safe distance".

Also please improve Gauss' Noble animation, it doesn't loop perfectly. It's so upsetting to watch because it's so obvious when you can tell he snaps back to frame 1.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, please consider making a full auto sniper so Gauss can more naturally do Eidolons... if anybody is as silly as me. It's definitely bad for Void Strike... But his Redline is a weapon buff.

EDIT: I imagine the goofy sniper should have an enormous magazine and max ammo, high minimal combo count and a scope bonus that increases fire rate or something silly like that.

Edited by nslay

Gauss is great. After reading what everybody said i tried him out when we finally got the update on ps4. 1-Mach Rush for sure needs a buff and the damage with a max strength build should scale into late game but it is sure a fun ability. 2-Kinetic Plating is a awesome ability but i feel it shouldnt drain the battery but just be a duration ability and just give 100 percent damage reduction with a max strength build and 50 with no strength mods. 3-Kinetic Sunder is a good ability but it should be much stronger. 4-Redline is my favorite ability of his by far the buffs are awesome. I think the buffs should be much stronger though and the lightning bolts need to be way stronger and scale to late game. Overall a great balanced frame but he needs his 1, 3, 4 to be buffed and with max duration you shouldnt have to take forever to get to 100% Redline.

Edited by (PS4)allfatherthor77
  • Like 1