Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

vor 22 Stunden schrieb Raqiya:

-Lowers the Cost of Mach Rush
-when using kinetic plating with Redline you get bonus melee damage and a stagger effect
-your 3 freezes instantly, fire does extra damage and blast strips armour

I know, it just feels "meh" for what you have to do/sacrifice to get that "supercharge".

5 hours ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

Something like this would go a very long way to helping people to understand Redline. Right now, it's clearly confusing: because the top of the meter unlocks and a different percentage appears at the same time, people aren't clear on which one they're supposed to be filling, leading them to think that it's "too hard" to get to "100%" even though getting to "100%" isn't actually very important - it's a little bonus for playing actively, not the main goal.

It's not that simple either. If you take a look at your battery gauge while in Redline, you'll see that gains from full sprint aren't even enough to entirely offset the drain. It's still there, though minuscule. That would be fine by itself, if not for the fact that - shooting slows you down, aiming slows you down, melee slows you down, knockdowns, hacking, rezzing stop you entirely - and your battery just drains. And with it, all of your buffs become less effective, and so do the additional effects that Redline gives to other abilities.

All of the above is considerably worse if you have Kinetic Plating active as well. Just the passive drain added on top of Redline's means you're noticeably losing battery even when sprinting. Also, melee is particularly funny, because most stances will impair your mobility and make the battery plummet, yet Kinetic Plating has a melee damage bonus when Redline is active. So you have to turn both of your battery drains on, then perform one of the most slowdown inducing actions (unless you use one of the chosen weapons like rapiers or nunchaku) to even attempt to benefit from this effect. Seems reasonable.

Basically every little action that pertains to, you know, actually playing the game, requires to be offset with a cast of his 1 or 3. And the problem here is that most of the time you won't be casting them because you want to or because you need their effects - only because the battery drain forces you. Only because without spamming them, the ability you actually want to use just doesn't work. There are literally no circumstances under which you'd benefit from casting them this often if the battery wasn't involved. That isn't fine. It isn't fun. It's a nuisance, just like Baruuk having to spam Lull not because he actually wants to cc enemies, but because he needs to keep his restraint down. In contrast, take a look at Gara's Splinter Storm - she only needs to perform the mandatory action for refreshing it once in a while, and she can control the length of that time window with mods. On top of that, immediately after refreshing she gets additionally rewarded with getting to nuke everything around and increase Splinter Storm's damage. It actually offers synergies that make you want to do it, beyond 'Oh, I just have to.' And they're guaranteed. None of Redline's additions to other abilities are actually there if your battery level isn't above the redline. Even the cost reduction of Mach Rush

Now, the reason why getting to 100% is important, is that it stops all battery drain. For no more than 40% of Redline's total duration, you get to use your buffs unhindered and focus on what you're actually there to do, just like any normal frame would get to do after one press of a button. How glorious. It doesn't help that the rate at which your % counter goes up is tied to your battery level - the closer to full, the faster it is. So you have yet another reason to focus on the misery of keeping it from being lowered by the drain, just so you can get to your moment of respite from the misery a little faster. Gauss isn't a frame that rewards you for playing well. Gauss is a frame that punishes you for not smashing buttons like a very bored monkey.

Edited by vFlitz

So another opinion of Gauss:
as most people i have played gauss for a while and i like him so far. Tough te more i play the more some things feel a little off. Also a lot if the synergies are not stated anywhere and i need to go out of the game to look them up. 

Mach Rush

• Energy cost is a bit high for an ability that has to be spammed to keep the battery level up. 
  • I have been using dispatch overdrive to increase my movement speed but channeling automatically gets cancelled when using mach rush and it’s a little annoying having to double check every time if channeling is still on.
  • I have the first ability button mapped to a side button on my mouse for easy access to it. So when i want to stop mach rush i will let go of the button, but gauss keeps using mach rush as long as i have [w] pressed and i don’t like this. I would like to at least get an option to disable this so i can just let go of mach rush to stop running.
  • It feels weird when i crash into enemies the get no damage (or so little i don’t notice it).
  • Crashing into a wall is supposed to create a powerful shockwave but its weak for a damaging first ability (and i know its a secondary purpose) and is only useful for having fun with the ragdoll. 

Kinetic Plating

• It’s a nice defence ability. 

Thermal Sunder

• It’s useful form time to time.

Redline

• The synergy with the other abilities make it clear that redline should be on at all times but i feel that the automatic drain of the battery is unnecessary at all. At the very least drain the battery until it’s below the redline. also kinetic plating drains the battery as well so it feels unnecessary to automatically drain the battery.
  • Building for duration decreases the speed the percentage counter increases in readline. this feels really bad since duration increases the buffs the ability gives but then it negatively affects another core feature of the ability. To reach 100% i need to babysit the battery to keep it full, if i stop for a second to shoot mobs or revive a ally my battery drains so much that i can't reach 100% any time soon. most of the time i reach 100% only when i have 4-10 seconds (while having 60 sec+ on redline) left since i have to do other things than babysit my battery and make sure it’s full at all times. the automatic drain also really works against you in this instance. when i have around 60 sec+ duration and go out of my way to keep battery full it costs me more than half the time to get the counter to 100%. 

On 2019-09-02 at 2:41 PM, SosseBargeld585 said:

Hello there, 
I really like the ideas that went into the making of Gauss overall except for his 3 and his passive. Health>Shields

1. Mach Rush imo should be faster or allow the speed to be moddable not only with sprint speed (or redline). A max strength volt with sprint speed (only mods) is still as fast as gauss if not faster, which is quite dissapointing for a frame about speed being beaten by a electricity frame.

Here's evidence (not my footage)

2. Kinetic Plating I thought was going to be a really good ability. In the end the damage reduction is unreliable as it is tied to his passive and the energy conversion of 5% is not helpful as it is not moddable. Quick Thinking and Hunter Adrenaline could have made it really strong and fun to use but it's not.

3.Thermal sunder left me really confused first being shown off. Feels like it doesn't fit Gauss because it's about elements. Chroma would have been a perfect candidate for Thermal Sunder, making him able to combine any element he wants like ivara chooses her arrows as a replacement for Chroma's first ability.

4. Redline offers powerful buffs to Gauss and it is fun to use and to look at. 

"The term Redline is an automotive term that refers to the maximum revolutions-per-minute (RPM) that an engine is designed to withstand without damaging its own components. It can also be used as a verb to refer to running an engine at or beyond its maximum safe RPM (e.g. "to redline")."

As I mentioned before about the Mach Rush not being fast enough. Redline "supercharging his Abilities" as stated in the description of Gauss in-game is dissapointing on Mach Rush. Mach Rush is his most iconic and fun ability to use. That's why it should get a speed buff by Redline, or maybe make Redline buff sprint speed by a noticable and significant amount.
Reaching 100% on the battery takes too long as well.

*Acceltra* is a fun weapon. Rapid fire AoE is nice but ... the ammo economy is terrible (3 magazines). Sadly it is very hard to hit consistent headshots because almost every weapon gets a initial nerf of it featuring impact damage. Impact is Acceltras Achilles heel even more so than on any other weapon.
Even the wiki of acceltra says it under "Advantages" "Rockets have a guaranteed  Impact proc". You can't even tell if you are hitting the body or the head due to the explosions.
Impact and puncture in general are very bad status effects. Rivens with *negative* physical damage buffs make every single weapon significantly stronger but that's a different problem.

*Akarius* also features terrible ammo economy. I think the homing rockets should home in on enemies within 25 degrees (20 degree at least)instead of 15. 

I really hope you consider my points into making him and his weapons better.

You link that video and I challenge it with this one

• Like 2

On 2019-09-03 at 4:39 AM, GameOrDerp said:

Pro's and Con's of using Redline

Pro's:
   - gives you a variety of buffs
   - gives arching bolts of electricity when above the red line for extra CC
   - makes Gauss look cool
   - buff gets stronger with power duration instead of strength

Con's:
   - costs way too much energy for a simple buff and little bit of CC
   - short duration, you can't use it to it's full potential, even if it's about to run out
   - you can't extend/refresh the duration like you can do with Chroma's Vex Armor
   - battery drains hella fast if your not constantly moving or spamming Mach Rush -> meaning it will reduce your damage reduction from Kinetic Plating, without it your f*cked in high levels
   - long cast time
   - you need to keep the battery charged to keep the buff at it's maximum
   - trades vital damage reduction for fire rate, attack speed, reload speed and holster speed
   - feels bland and doesn't have a "punch" to it for an ultimate ability
   - is like a worse, knock-off version of Volt's Speed ability
   - "Push Gauss' battery beyond the redline, supercharging his Abilities" where is that so called "supercharging" because I don't see it

Gauss compared to Volt, he has damage reduction and is faster, but that is it. Volt can speed up the entire squad, he can CC like a fothermucker and grows in strength the more enemies there are and he can deploy a shield that negates all damage and can be picked up.

The only thing Gauss has is speed, that is all he has which is reminding me of Burter and it's kinda sad. (DragonBall Z Abridged: Episode 21 - TeamFourStar (TFS) 6:45)

excuese me but gauss' redline doesn't do electricity. it inflicts impact and puncture. not electricity

9 hours ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

The UI for Redline needs changes.

Here is an example of how it might be made more intuitive:

With Redline off, there's a percentage next to the meter which simply tells you how full the meter is (and thus how strong your buffs are):

EGL7g5K.png 

When you turn Redline on, the battery meter gets uncapped just like it does right now, and it also gets a second outer meter that fills as you keep the meter above the red line (replacing the current UI's "percentage" display). This means that the percentage displayed over the battery meter is still just telling you how full the battery is - this prevents confusion about which of the meters/percentages matters for your buffs and damage reduction:

Vzjrxej.png

When you're at 100% battery power, but have only been over the red line for a few seconds, it's a lot more obvious that you're still getting full buff power:

2O36kL7.png

When you've had your battery over the red line long enough to fill the outer meter (corresponding to the current UI's "100%"), neither meter goes down for the rest of the duration of Redline. This makes it obvious that this is the reward for filling the outer meter, while still remaining clear that the thing that governs buff strength is the inner meter because that's the thing the percentage above the meter was telling you even when Redline was off:

UMF5tzj.png

Something like this would go a very long way to helping people to understand Redline. Right now, it's clearly confusing: because the top of the meter unlocks and a different percentage appears at the same time, people aren't clear on which one they're supposed to be filling, leading them to think that it's "too hard" to get to "100%" even though getting to "100%" isn't actually very important - it's a little bonus for playing actively, not the main goal.

Thanks for this clear visual and I can't emphasise it enough, the current UI and ability descriptions are unnecessarily confusing, it'd be nice if we could get the exact percentage that kinetic plating is reducing damage too and more importantly, why is the 50% armor strip from thermal sunder not mentioned? That's a pretty big selling point if you ask me - it should at least be in the tips.

Edited by Ramflare
  • Like 1

There have been some really nice suggestions for Ability tweaks so far. I absolutely love the idea of gradually rising speed, the longer mach rush is being activated. I also support the idea of tweaking battery usage of kinetic plating to a level where the battery isn't almost instantly drained when under sustained fire from higher level enemies.

But more than anything else I would love to see Redline to be sustainable/recastable while active just like, for example, Chroma's Vex Armor.

This would also resolve the issue with having to wait almost 40 seconds out of the ~63 seconds of Redline's duration while keeping the battery >80% to reach 100% on the counter when having modded longer duration.

Just recast while Redline is still active (maybe with shorter but just as cool animation) to retain all the 'work' you put into keeping your battery at max.

As it is now I do not benefit at all from his Ability #3 because of extremely low range while all other abilities are quite underwhelming despite having >250% duration and strength.

Please, DE, make his #4 sustainable like Chroma's Vex Armor and add acceleration depending on duration of usage to his #1. Maybe even scale the acceleration with ability strength or duration. This is my wish for christmas.

Other than that, I love the theme of Gauss, despite him being pretty weak and not excelling at anything. I love his style and the art/animation/sound/general idea is just my thing.

Edited by Sace
  • Like 1

I feel like I’m just missing something with redline, I’ve tried to test as many builds as possible and checked the wiki and forums for user info, but it always feels too high maintenance to ever justify using it. great buffs to weapons and melee, but I’m too busy power spamming to maintain redline, so I have no time to use them.

Also trying to fully charge redline to 100 takes way too long on any duration build, you will only have about half the duration left (at best) to take advantage of his best  buffs, which just feels massively underwhelming considering the time and effort to get it.

Also also why is kinetic plating not recastable? Shouldn’t that be standard for an ability like that.

vor 2 Minuten schrieb ste_cheese:

Also also why is kinetic plating not recastable? Shouldn’t that be standard for an ability like that.

Could be because it is an extreme battery drain at times and must be deactivatable. Not sure if it could be solved with long press/short press double assignment ability.

9 hours ago, Modus-Pwnens said:
  1. Redline is fantastic. The buffs are gigantic, it's trivially easy to sustain with a little efficiency since it makes Mach Rush so cheap, and it promotes a fun, unique, fast-paced playstyle that matches the frame perfectly.
  2. huge proportion of people misunderstand Redline because they see that percentage next to the meter that appears when you activate Redline and (quite reasonably) think that's the focus of Redline.
  3. The fact that it's so easy to hit "100%" with default Redline duration is further reinforcing the idea that the main goal of Redline is to get that percentage to "100%". People think that adding Duration is a negative because it makes it harder to get to "100%".

Absolutely agree. So many people seem to misunderstand this. I've been hyped for Gauss and was reading all the feedback while waiting for my Gauss to build, and from what I'd read I was expecting it to be a bad first experience. But Redline is great! Super easy to maintain. The buffs are tied to the battery, and the battery just stays full basically all the time as long as I Mach Rush between killing groups of enemies. I don't even have to watch the battery. Because of the complaints, I wondered if I had it wrong, but I double checked and nope, they do. This is definitely a UI issue that makes it confusing for people.

I absolutely agree about having the battery percentage shown all the time. It would make it less confusing.

I do want to say though that I would prefer for the percentages to be displayed differently. Currently, the normal state goes from 0% to 80%, and Redline lets you push it up to 100%. This doesn't really make sense, because "redline" means the maximum safe level, and the Redline ability says you push *past* the redline. I think it would make more sense to players and also feel more satisfying, if the normal state went from 0% to 100%, and then when using Redline you can push the battery up to 150% or 200%. Functionally it would be exactly the same as it is now, just displayed with different numbers.

• Like 1

I'd also like to add that I've seen a lot of people complaining about the battery not charging when you're meleeing. This is actually false. The battery seems to always charge as you move, no matter what you're doing to move. The faster you move / more distance you cover, the faster the battery charges.

The problem you guys are experiencing is not due to how the battery charges, but actually due to bad melee stances. Many melee stances slow you down to a crawl, and hopefully it will be fixed with Melee 3.0. But there is a small list of stances that let you sprint at full speed while simultaneously meleeing:

• Claws: Malicious Raptor
  • Claws: Vermillion Storm
  • Nikanas: Decisive Judgement
  • Nunchakus: Atlantis Vulcan
  • Rapiers: Vulpine Mask
  • Sword and Shield: Eleventh Storm

Use any of these with Gauss and you will be able to melee while racing fast and building battery! A shame it's limited to so few weapons though... Really really hope they'll fix the other stances soon. I wanted to use a sparring weapon with Gauss. 😞

4 hours ago, Clibbyz said:
  • I have been using dispatch overdrive to increase my movement speed but channeling automatically gets cancelled when using mach rush and it’s a little annoying having to double check every time if channeling is still on.

Same here! Dispatch Overdrive is amazing fun on Gauss, albeit lasting a very short time. But the channeling is so frustrating. They got rid of "hold" channeling, so you're forced to use "toggle" channeling only now. And every time you use any ability or fire a gun, channeling turns off. I constantly lose track of whether I'm in channeling mode or not and it makes it really awkward. Would love if they could fix this by making the game remember the channeling state at all times. An increase to Dispatch Overdrive's duration would be nice too. 🙂

Edited by SteveCutler

vor 36 Minuten schrieb SteveCutler:

Absolutely agree. So many people seem to misunderstand this. I've been hyped for Gauss and was reading all the feedback while waiting for my Gauss to build, and from what I'd read I was expecting it to be a bad first experience. But Redline is great! Super easy to maintain. The buffs are tied to the battery, and the battery just stays full basically all the time as long as I Mach Rush between killing groups of enemies. I don't even have to watch the battery. Because of the complaints, I wondered if I had it wrong, but I double checked and nope, they do. This is definitely a UI issue that makes it confusing for people.

I absolutely agree about having the battery percentage shown all the time. It would make it less confusing.

I do want to say though that I would prefer for the percentages to be displayed differently. Currently, the normal state goes from 0% to 80%, and Redline lets you push it up to 100%. This doesn't really make sense, because "redline" means the maximum safe level, and the Redline ability says you push *past* the redline. I think it would make more sense to players and also feel more satisfying, if the normal state went from 0% to 100%, and then when using Redline you can push the battery up to 150% or 200%. Functionally it would be exactly the same as it is now, just displayed with different numbers.

This is only the case when not having kinetic plating active, though. I find a charge of 80+% almost impossible to maintain against larger groups of (ranged) enemies unless I only spam mach rush or never use kinetic plating together with redline. Which essentially means to never use kinetic plating.

Edited by Sace

vor 3 Stunden schrieb (PS4)CommanderC2121:

You link that video and I challenge it with this one

well we can't see the builds on both of those videos
I tested my volt vs a speed volt with only 250% strength 
he was almost as fast as me 
I would love to test it again

Edit: I just tested it and my volt is faster than a max speed gauss

Edited by SosseBargeld585

41 minutes ago, SosseBargeld585 said:

well we can't see the builds on both of those videos
I tested my volt vs a speed volt with only 250% strength 
he was almost as fast as me 
I would love to test it again

Edit: I just tested it and my volt is faster than a max speed gauss

Define max speed gauss. From everything Ive heard (granted I havent been able to play him myself due to console) his base speed is already faster then many volts, and if you use all the sprint mods you should easily outclass volt

vor 5 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CommanderC2121:

Define max speed gauss. From everything Ive heard (granted I havent been able to play him myself due to console) his base speed is already faster then many volts, and if you use all the sprint mods you should easily outclass volt

max speed gauss = all warframe sprint mods as well as amalgam serration

max speed volt = max sprint and most possible strength alongside

Mach rush is slower than volt 2nd ability which is very dissapointing 

• Like 1

On 2019-09-03 at 11:13 AM, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

To add my voices to the masses here, I've been staring at his numbers for a bit here, and while I still got to wait for him to build (Just farmed him this weekend) from reading through this a bit and doing my own thought experiments, I have a few thoughts that I think will still be useful to put here.

I feel his 1 being distance based is incredibly counter intuitive, I feel I sum-what understand why you wanted it to be that way, gaining 10% battery per cast does mean it needs to cost something to begin with, but when Volt can cast his 2 to sprint long distance for what will end up being a fraction of the cost at relatively the same speed, if feels Gauss is kind of cheated in this regard, given he is the 'fast' frame. My thought was maybe making it so that it costs energy/second, and then if you ram into a wall it costs a bit of energy to actually do the explosion, gaining the 10% charge on impact for that extra energy cost (or just that part fizzling if you don't have enough energy.) Would fit his theme a bit more to, being it is a Kinetic Battery, so on impact a lot of kinetic energy would be formed, at least if my physics is understood. 

His 2, has way to much drain to it. Considering Mesa has a 95% damage reduction for alll types of damage from bullets at the press of a button, having so much cost for Gauss to have SPECIFIC types of damage reduction seems ridiculous. Granted, it does go up to 100%, but personally, I feel it should EITHER cost battery per second, or battery per hit, my preference being battery per hit. The ability, in my opinion, should be a safety net, or a way for you to convert your battery to energy when you need it. That is accomplished by it costing JUST battery per hit, meaning if your moving around rapidly it will just get drained from the stray shot here or there, or if your standing still, it will get drained to give you energy, requiring you to get moving to jump around again. But having it cost battery per second ON TOP of that, and having that drain per second not be effected by efficiency, is just way to much to me. Even with the energy regeneration that seems like way to much of a cost, considering how much you have to do to beef up the battery to begin with for that damage reduction to start being felt. 

His 3 is...fine. I personally would feel better if the cast and hold generated an aura around Gauss, allowing you to ignite enemies as you run and be a bit more synergistic (instead of making the frame that runs off of moving around stop...and wait...) But the snap cast seems like it be good in a pinch, especially with red line active, so wont complain to much here.

And his red line seems incredibly powerful, Ill be it a little slow. Though I get the reasoning behind making it take longer to ramp up the more duration you have then scaling the buffs off of duration, I'd rather be able to get to that 100% quicker so I can start using that Kinetic plating with no determine faster as well, getting that nice damage bonus and knock down in the process. But I get wanting to keep that type of power on more of a timer, just feels annoying to get 'punished' for trying to beef up the duration of that massive buff to everything. But, I will admit this is more off of reading than anything, and I might be back to remove this later when I actually get to play around with it (or maybe come back with more concrete things to say instead.)

Though this post is, rather negative in just pointing out things Id change, I do really like the concept of him and he seems like a great brain teaser to figure out how to use him the best. Just feel a few tweaks would make him feel a lot better, hope this does indeed help!

As I didn't want to just edit the last to invalidate the likes, figured I'd do it this way. I did some trading for some plat to 'rush' (heh) Gauss so I could play him extensively last night. I got four forma's into him, and a pretty good build, and I got to say he 'FEEELLS' super dang fun, I love running around with him. I feel like I'm going to use him for a long time just because I love the feeling of speed and this is the first time in a game I feel it has really been done correctly, and I love it.

That being said, about 90% of the points I stated above, still stand, but I wanted to add a bit of tweaks. 

The /distance cost isn't as terrible (with the build I run) as I thought, but I still feel it would be better in the way I described above. Also, I'd like to serious bring to the table making the explosion scale off of melee mods/ like Kora's and Garas and Atlas'. It already is difficult enough to have the explosion hit an enemy sense you can't 'take them with you' as your running (a feature I think would make him so much better but I'm sure would be hell to code in, so I'm trying to focus on doable quick number changes here), and currently the main reason I even use the explosion is just to stop myself so I can start running in a different direction. I just, feel it would FEEL so much better to have it do actual damage, and have that damage scale, being its his signature move, and the fact it still requires a decent amount of set up/luck to actually hit people with the explosion, I feel it wouldn't be that op to have it scale off of melee mods (or at least not as op as Kora's whip or gara's slash, which aren't op, so I feel this would just fall into that category and make him just so much more 'impactful' heh, there's another one). Also just remembered, can we get like 1-2% battery per enemy hit at least? so I dont feel like I just have to spam press the ability to reliably charge my battery instead of actually holding it down and zooming.

His 2's drain isn't nearly as bad as I thought, so long as your actually using his abilities like he wants to use them, and have some sprint speed mods so you can charge faster than it drains (adaption helps a LOTT to). I still think my point above stands though, dropping the per second would just make it feel a lot better, or just buffing the rest of his abilities so that they don't feel like a chore to use and more like a 'cool bonus benefit!' (the energy regen could really use a buff to, I understand worrying about having it and hunters adrenaline might seem a bit scary, but trust me, you made him such a gas guzzler, I think we could stand to gain 50% energy from the certain damage types it blocks, or even more. He requires so many states to 'get moving' he cant really run Adrenline anyway, that and he prefers to use his shields with adaption most of the time at least from my experience so can't use it to effectively anyway, so I feel giving him one on his 2 would help a heck of a lot.)

His 3 is actually just super dang fun and interactive, the only thing Is I wish it had more base range, or maybe have its range scale off of duration like the rest so that it expands like a nova ult instead of contracts? Idk I want more reasons to use this ability it just kind of sucks how making it good requires you to forgo using the rest of his kit (also I think having the blast strip up to 100% armor based off of red line charge wouldn't be that bad given its abysmal range, and make it have a function to strip a near by heavy's armor completely, also reducing its energy to 25 sense you have to cast it twice for any real benefit would just be a wonderful quality of life and usage change, but that might be just me.) I will say though, im torn on if I still want it to be an aura, I feel this ability has it's place in being useful for the times Gauss needs to slow down, I just feel it could still be buffed some in its range/efficiency numbers to allow that to actually scale, for right now its effectively like, if it didn't give battery, 'why didn't I just do a ground slam?'

His four, is wonderful, but has the issue still stated. Though I feel this issue would be completely elevated if the rest of his abilities felt impactful instead of just a way to CC something before you shoot it. Every time I activate it I want to max it out, but when it takes half the ability and constant spamming of my abilities to do it I find myself hardly wanting to cast it even though I love hitting full red line and having those buffs to everything. I feel making it scale inversely with duration is a bit much given what it does (and the fact it already scales off of duration), but, I think making it take say, a flat 50% 'normal' battery charge to charge that 20%, would do wonders for this ability and make it so much more rewarding to use (instead of the like 2-3 extra battery bars it feels like I have to go through just to get it to 100% for 30 seconds). (this might also be alleviated if the drain per second for red line was removed to, unsure).

But yeah, I feel the main issue with Gauss is just a numbers game, he feels amazing and I say all this critique in two separate posts because I want him to be fantastic, but, balanced fantastic. I want that 'stat of the art' kinetic battery to truly be placed in a frame that can blow away enemies with careful management of said battery and his skills, and not just make a super fast super fun frame that ends up collecting dust in the back of my arsenal because he just isn't as impactful as other frames despite his amazing graphical and audio feel. because right now, he kind of feels like, do to his numbers, a school bully running around the lunch room pushing people's lunch trays over and pushing them down while laughing as he delivers sick burns before sprinting away, and not like a high impact high octane kinetic bad ass that he really looks and feels like hes trying to be. 

Edited by WellIHopeThisOneWorks
Well I guess it just put the entire thing in a spoiler and I can't edit it...wonderful...aww well, ignore me I guess

2 hours ago, SteveCutler said:

Fully agree with the previous point about showing the batter at all time would make it feel a lot less confusing.

But as to this point, I feel they did it the way they did just so they could put and equal too in the display, as at 80%, you get 80% shield recharge and 80% damage reduction, so it makes that part of it easy to understand. But it would be cool to say 100% gives 80's and pushing past it grants further bonus', Would also make it a lot easier if they then based what percentage you 'pushed passed it' by on your duration, making it more visibly clear just how much you can 'push your limits' instead of it just being a flat '0-100% it just takes longer'. (like no duration goes from 100-120%, but if you have 200% duration you got from 100-140%, and such inbetween)

• Like 1

On 2019-09-03 at 5:39 PM, GameOrDerp said:

feels bland and doesn't have a "punch" to it for an ultimate ability

Tbh, I won't be surprised if Redline is the result of the anti-"press 4 to win"  complaints that keep occurring in these forums.

Edited by Xepthrichros

vor einer Stunde schrieb WellIHopeThisOneWorks:

But as to this point, I feel they did it the way they did just so they could put and equal too in the display, as at 80%, you get 80% shield recharge and 80% damage reduction, so it makes that part of it easy to understand.

With 100% str. you actually get 84% dmg reduction, which isn't indicated anywhere in the HUD or ability descriptions.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Xhobract said:

With 100% str. you actually get 84% dmg reduction, which isn't indicated anywhere in the HUD or ability descriptions.

14 minutes ago, WellIHopeThisOneWorks said:

Huh...well that indeed needs some clarification then XD

Someone did the math on reddit, the formula works along the lines of (20 + (strength/99) ) meaning that with 300% strength you actually hit around 89% dr with an 80% battery

vor 8 Minuten schrieb (PS4)CommanderC2121:

Someone did the math on reddit, the formula works along the lines of (20 + (strength/99) ) meaning that with 300% strength you actually hit around 89% dr with an 80% battery

That person was me, hi :) I also posted it here.