Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

8 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

So if you're walking around expecting kinetic plating to be tanking for you you are receiving a lot of shots.  Thus the big Battery drain with low return rate on energy.

This is probably exactly what a lot of people in this thread are trying to do. It explains a lot about why people are complaining. Gauss is supposed to be played in a way where you're always constantly on the move, but it seems like some people in this thread are trying to play him like Chroma or something, just standing around and trying to soak up damage with Kinetic Plating. Then they complain about lacking energy and battery...

9 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

This is probably exactly what a lot of people in this thread are trying to do. It explains a lot about why people are complaining. Gauss is supposed to be played in a way where you're always constantly on the move, but it seems like some people in this thread are trying to play him like Chroma or something, just standing around and trying to soak up damage with Kinetic Plating. Then they complain about lacking energy and battery...

It's the only explanation I can think of considering the amount of footage I've watched with him and not one person struggles with energy or battery up keep. 

We're complaining about overall battery drain when running redline with kinetic plating. Dont sit there and act like it isnt an issue. The play style of dashing all over and spamming ability to keep up redline meter gets old very fast. Not only that, the payoff barely seems worth it. And where exactly is the sprint boost stat in mach rush or redline. 

Funny how people come along and say a certain thing is fine. Similar thing happened with zephyr years back. Now no one hardly uses her and yet claim "shes fine!!" Riight watch DE do nothing.

9 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

We're complaining about overall battery drain when running redline with kinetic plating. Dont sit there and act like it isnt an issue.

I don't have any issue with battery drain.

I have Redline and Kinetic Plating turned on all the time. My battery is roughly full almost all the time, while I'm playing normally. I'm not "mindlessly spamming" abilities, but instead am running and jumping and gunning, zooming between groups of enemies as I mow them down, using abilities as needed. My battery only really drops if I go out of bounds into a reset zone, or if I blow myself up with my Acceltra - and then I get it back to full almost immediately.

I think (XB1)Knight Raime is right on the money. People must be just standing around and trying to tank with Kinetic Plating. That is why people keep talking about having to "mindlessly spam" abilities. It's because they're just standing still and not generating any battery charge through movement, so they then need to spam loads of abilities to generate some battery. That's not how Gauss is supposed to be played though.

I think this is actually the battery mechanic working exactly as intended. The point of the battery gauge draining over time is to force players to keep moving. That is the playstyle of Gauss.

Edited by SteveCutler

4 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

We're complaining about overall battery drain when running redline with kinetic plating. Dont sit there and act like it isnt an issue. The play style of dashing all over and spamming ability to keep up redline meter gets old very fast. Not only that, the payoff barely seems worth it. And where exactly is the sprint boost stat in mach rush or redline. 

Funny how people come along and say a certain thing is fine. Similar thing happened with zephyr years back. Now no one hardly uses her and yet claim "shes fine!!" Riight watch DE do nothing.

Stay tuned for gauss rework coming 2030

56 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

Then maybe Gauss isn't for you?  He's literally about casting constantly to maintain his battery.  The only person I've watched today that managed to struggle with battery/energy was someone purposefully using a high duration build and not casting as often as he should have been.  Which got him killed.  Even in Brozime's video where he has more duration than the guy was able to keep his energy/battery up.  I don't know how many times I have to emphasize it.  Gauss is supposed to survive through constant movement and cc.  If you're not doing either then you're going to have a bad time.  Kinetic plating is not a turn on and forget primary tank ability.  It exists to cover up a few shots whenever you stop moving for a moment.  You can blame DE for not explaining how his kit works with the tool tips better.  But you literally going against his design and then complaining about it is exactly why DE could skip your feedback.

56 minutes ago, pisces13 said:

It's funny that you blame the community for zephyr's state on the community when it's squarely on DE for not giving the same kind of love and attention to less popular frames as they do with the popular ones.  Titania, Nyx, Vauban are just a few frames that are under used by the community because DE plays favorites.  Zephyr is in this same boat.  Wisp is a very strong frame that has died down in usage despite her obvious strengths because she's not a meta frame.  The same thing is going to happen to Gauss regardless of what feedback is given and what DE does or does not do.  He's a movement based cc frame.  Neither of which are meta traits.  The best thing about him is his sheer dps buffs for himself.  And if people wanted that they'ed play someone like wisp because she buffs everyone.  So please, don't pretend like DE not changing him to be what you want is going to kill the frame.  It's been very clear from the get go that he's not a meta frame.  He's a fun frame.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

It's the only explanation I can think of considering the amount of footage I've watched with him and not one person struggles with energy or battery up keep. 

A lot of the complaints within this thread are made by people who don't understanding the way Gauss works, so I tend to agree. But they're not all wrong, either.

Kinetic Plating drains a variable amount of battery when you get hit. You can have your entire battery drained by a single high level Heavy Gunner in just a few seconds. If you're in a room filled with enemies, you can go from 100-0 in the blink of an eye.

There's no way to sustain that, and it has nothing to do with playing or building him wrong.

• Like 3

55 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Then maybe Gauss isn't for you?  He's literally about casting constantly to maintain his battery.  The only person I've watched today that managed to struggle with battery/energy was someone purposefully using a high duration build and not casting as often as he should have been.  Which got him killed.  Even in Brozime's video where he has more duration than the guy was able to keep his energy/battery up.  I don't know how many times I have to emphasize it.  Gauss is supposed to survive through constant movement and cc.  If you're not doing either then you're going to have a bad time.  Kinetic plating is not a turn on and forget primary tank ability.  It exists to cover up a few shots whenever you stop moving for a moment.  You can blame DE for not explaining how his kit works with the tool tips better.  But you literally going against his design and then complaining about it is exactly why DE could skip your feedback.

It's funny that you blame the community for zephyr's state on the community when it's squarely on DE for not giving the same kind of love and attention to less popular frames as they do with the popular ones.  Titania, Nyx, Vauban are just a few frames that are under used by the community because DE plays favorites.  Zephyr is in this same boat.  Wisp is a very strong frame that has died down in usage despite her obvious strengths because she's not a meta frame.  The same thing is going to happen to Gauss regardless of what feedback is given and what DE does or does not do.  He's a movement based cc frame.  Neither of which are meta traits.  The best thing about him is his sheer dps buffs for himself.  And if people wanted that they'ed play someone like wisp because she buffs everyone.  So please, don't pretend like DE not changing him to be what you want is going to kill the frame.  It's been very clear from the get go that he's not a meta frame.  He's a fun frame.

yeah but you are failed to see the point and your choosing to ignore the point entirely. yes people might not know that sprinting slows down the battery drain of redline there is still the issue of it is rather difficult for some people to aim and keep sprinting to prevent the redline meter from dropping like a rock in a lake. some people need to slow down and AIM so they don't waste ammo.  and by the way sprinting does not recover spent kinetic battery during redline, only slows it. in order to keep the redline meter up high you need to both use 1st ability frequently and keep on sprinting which can be rather difficult for people to switch between the 1 key and shift. plus kinetic and redline both has a combined passive drain, which tends to force people to be too mobile at times. which reduce the effectivenes of those people. 

so tell me exactally ends up in the "maybe gauss isn't for you?" or the way i am translating it into "just don't play with him if you have an issue with it!" because thats how my mind interprets that part of your comment. because i always find it incredibly irritating when people just say "then don't use it." especially with the fact that little bug turned feature with the zenistar and dominion blade was kept because players demanded it to be a feature, yet now it is a feature with no normal size toggle has been created for that "feature" yet the people that created that plight just say "then don't use it."  well then how about this if you have a problem with people stating their problem then don't read the forums?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, maddragonmaster said:

some people need to slow down and AIM so they don't waste ammo.

Then perhaps Gauss just isn't intended for these players? Gauss is intended for fast and active gameplay. That's the whole point of him. He's a speed frame. There are already other frames for people that want or need a slower playstyle, e.g. Chroma.

and by the way sprinting does not recover spent kinetic battery during redline, only slows it.

That is absolutely false. This is very easily tested. In fact, I did exactly that now to double check. Even with absolutely no sprint mods (no Sprint Boost, no Rush, no Amalgam Serration, etc.), sprinting is enough to outweigh the drain of both Redline and Kinetic Plating. I gain battery, not lose battery.

you need to both use 1st ability frequently and keep on sprinting which can be rather difficult for people to switch between the 1 key and shift

You might want to consider using toggle sprint. Just turn on sprinting at the start of a mission, and as long as you don't die or use a vehicle, you'll stay in sprinting mode for the rest of the mission.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SteveCutler said:

hen perhaps Gauss just isn't intended for these players? Gauss is intended for fast and active gameplay. That's the whole point of him. He's a speed frame. There are already other frames for people that want or need a slower playstyle, e.g. Chroma.

if you have a problem with these people either complaining or stating their issues then maybe the feedback forums isn't for you. because while there are some people that just hop on just to complain there are some people that are stating their issues and trying to find constructive feedback. who says you got the right to tell them that they just just stop playing with gauss because they aren't good at playing gauss specifically the way you think he should be played? 

5 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

That is absolutely false. This is very easily tested. In fact, I did exactly that now to double check. Even with absolutely no sprint mods (no Sprint Boost, no Rush, no Amalgam Serration, etc.), sprinting is enough to outweigh the drain of both Redline and Kinetic Plating. I gain battery, not lose battery.

thats so full of balcony i can't stand it. battery recovery by sprinting is outright canceled, and you can only sprint to slow down drain, you need to at least mach rush every often so as to keep a full meter.  i have played gauss regularly enough to the point i know that fact at least.

• Like 2

thats so full of balcony i can't stand it. battery recovery by sprinting is outright canceled, and you can only sprint to slow down drain, you need to at least mach rush every often so as to keep a full meter.  i have played gauss regularly enough to the point i know that fact at least.

Like I said, I literally just tested it. It outweighs the drain. Are you sure you're even sprinting?

• Like 1

IMO Kinetic Plating is fine as insurance for stray hits taken while zooming around, which is what it seems to be for. You still very much have to play evasively, but as long as you keep moving, charging your battery, and avoiding getting hit in the first place the drain isn't really a problem in my experience and Gauss has little issues staying alive.

The reason so many people are suddenly coming out of the woodwork with glowing reviews is probably that Gauss is a pretty complicated and IMO terribly explained frame (I myself only just learned that Redline's battery drain scales with duration) so any commentary in the first few days will most likely be coming from people who don't understand how to use him and thus are not going to get much enjoyment or use out of him.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, YagoXiten said:

A lot of the complaints within this thread are made by people who don't understanding the way Gauss works, so I tend to agree. But they're not all wrong, either.

Kinetic Plating drains a variable amount of battery when you get hit. You can have your entire battery drained by a single high level Heavy Gunner in just a few seconds. If you're in a room filled with enemies, you can go from 100-0 in the blink of an eye.

There's no way to sustain that, and it has nothing to do with playing or building him wrong.

As I elaborated in an earlier response kinetic plating drains based on how frequent you're being hit.  If you're dashing around with mach rush a lot causing cc and using your 3 to cc you are drastically reducing the amount of shots you're taking.  And because both abilities actively give you battery back you are counteracting the drain on both fronts.  Enemies are hard programmed to only have a maximum of 3 enemies attacking you at once.  The illusion of this is built by having pretty much every enemy in the game fire in single shots or bursts.  And they will miss to further make the illusion of all enemies attacking you seem more believable.

This is easily shown by going into the simulacrum and making a bunch of heavy gunners or a bunch of corpus tech's attack you.  These are the only enemies in the game that fire over a sustained period of time which is why it's a good showcase.  The only unit that breaks this pattern are melee enemies.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

Enemies are hard programmed to only have a maximum of 3 enemies attacking you at once.

That's interesting! I'd never heard that before. Do you have a source for that on the wiki or anything? I'd love to read more about it.

Edited by SteveCutler

5 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

Like I said, I literally just tested it. It outweighs the drain. Are you sure you're even sprinting?

yes for the umpteenth  time i have kept pressing the shift keep to sprint. are you even paying attention or are you just seeing "blah blah blah" on the screen?! where are you exactly testing this stuff? in the simulacrum or are you "testing" in mission where you need to in order to have conclusive  information to carry this argument? between that 0%-99%  you can't sprint fast enough to outweigh the drain of the battery. you need to use mach rush constantly to keep redline up. after reach 100% redline is fine since it is a gracing period where the meter never drops, but reaching that grace period is more of a annoyance then it needs to be. 

also what specific build are you even using? because who know maybe it gets buggy if one stat gets over a certain thresh hold. or who knows. or maybe your just using your gauss in open world nodes and ignoring mission nodes. in which i would have to say first do a regular mission node with gauss first before running headfirst into an argument. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

yeah but you are failed to see the point and your choosing to ignore the point entirely. yes people might not know that sprinting slows down the battery drain of redline there is still the issue of it is rather difficult for some people to aim and keep sprinting to prevent the redline meter from dropping like a rock in a lake. some people need to slow down and AIM so they don't waste ammo.  and by the way sprinting does not recover spent kinetic battery during redline, only slows it. in order to keep the redline meter up high you need to both use 1st ability frequently and keep on sprinting which can be rather difficult for people to switch between the 1 key and shift. plus kinetic and redline both has a combined passive drain, which tends to force people to be too mobile at times. which reduce the effectivenes of those people. 

Both of Gauss's weapons are aoe based weapons.  Potentially this is DE giving the hint to people to use weapons that have an Aoe presence so they don't have to stop and shoot constantly.  Also WDYM aiming?  I thought it was pretty bog standard that people pretty much hipfire for most instances barring certain weapon types.  I mean.  I'm on controller and I hipfire things like bows all the time.  In all the gameplay i've seen of him over the weekend battery/energy upkeep wasn't difficult as people were constantly using both his 1 and his 3.  Only stopping to aim at already cced enemies.

27 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

so tell me exactally ends up in the "maybe gauss isn't for you?" or the way i am translating it into "just don't play with him if you have an issue with it!" because thats how my mind interprets that part of your comment. because i always find it incredibly irritating when people just say "then don't use it." especially with the fact that little bug turned feature with the zenistar and dominion blade was kept because players demanded it to be a feature, yet now it is a feature with no normal size toggle has been created for that "feature" yet the people that created that plight just say "then don't use it."  well then how about this if you have a problem with people stating their problem then don't read the forums?

I don't have a problem with people suggesting potential tweaks for the frame.  I DO have a problem with people calling Gauss Garbage simply because they don't understand how the kit is meant to be played or they DO fully know how he's meant to be played but demand DE to make changes to the kit just so it fits what they specifically want out of it.  There is legitimate criticism in this thread.  But there is plenty that isn't.  If you're not comfortable with a frame that by it's nature is designed to be a high octane hero that is heavily casting focused then why are you attempting to play him?  It makes no sense to me that someone would force themselves to experience something they very well know they're not a fan of.

13 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

That's interesting! I'd never heard that before. Do you have a source for that on the wiki or anything? I'd love to read more about it.

I believe there is a content creator by the name of Xelp? that showcased this.  I will attempt to go find the video I watched and will edit in the link to this post if I do find it.

EDIT:  So I remembered wrong.  The amount of enemies that attack you depend on unit types and dealing with multiple units have a their own cap if they're in a group together.  distance plays a factor as does attack speed.  Melee enemies still ignore all of this though.

So my original response to the guy is slightly off.  But it still holds my point.  the game builds an illusion of you being constantly attacked all though you're never actually being attacked by many things at the same time.  And the point of bringing that up was to point out that you can absolutely move about and cc enemies and have a good upkeep on your battery and energy.

https://youtu.be/-3NdSpMg5zM

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

yes for the umpteenth  time i have kept pressing the shift keep to sprint. are you even paying attention or are you just seeing "blah blah blah" on the screen?! where are you exactly testing this stuff? in the simulacrum or are you "testing" in mission where you need to in order to have conclusive  information to carry this argument? between that 0%-99%  you can't sprint fast enough to outweigh the drain of the battery. you need to use mach rush constantly to keep redline up. after reach 100% redline is fine since it is a gracing period where the meter never drops, but reaching that grace period is more of a annoyance then it needs to be. 

also what specific build are you even using? because who know maybe it gets buggy if one stat gets over a certain thresh hold. or who knows. or maybe your just using your gauss in open world nodes and ignoring mission nodes. in which i would have to say first do a regular mission node with gauss first before running headfirst into an argument. 

How high is your Duration? AFAIK the battery drain from Redline increases the higher your Duration is. If your Duration is too high, maintaining your battery will indeed be extremely difficult.

Just now, maddragonmaster said:

yes for the umpteenth  time i have kept pressing the shift keep to sprint. are you even paying attention or are you just seeing "blah blah blah" on the screen?!

I'm not sure what to tell you. It definitely builds battery for me, outweighing the drain from Redline and Kinetic Plating. Your experience is different to mine.

in the simulacrum or are you "testing" in mission where you need to in order to have conclusive  information to carry this argument?

Both.

also what specific build are you even using? because who know maybe it gets buggy if one stat gets over a certain thresh hold. or who knows.

204% duration, 175% efficiency, 109% range, 100% strength.
Sprint Boost, Rush, Redirection, Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise (r4), Streamline (r4), Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Augur Reach.
Arcane Aegis, Arcane Barrier.
Amalgam Serration, Guardian, Shield Charger.

What build are you using?

3 minutes ago, SteveCutler said:

I'm not sure what to tell you. It definitely builds battery for me, outweighing the drain from Redline and Kinetic Plating. Your experience is different to mine.

Both.

204% duration, 175% efficiency, 109% range, 100% strength.
Sprint Boost, Rush, Redirection, Primed Flow, Fleeting Expertise (r4), Streamline (r4), Primed Continuity, Narrow Minded, Stretch, Augur Reach.
Arcane Aegis, Arcane Barrier.
Amalgam Serration, Guardian, Shield Charger.

What build are you using?

well i am using 284% duration, 175% efficiency, 109% range, and 100% strength. 

with adaption, rush, steel charge, NM, primed flow, prime  con, constitution, armored agility, streamline, and vitality. with rank 1 guardian, and rank 0 energize. 

and if their is some kind of unexplained bit i am missing or i am miss interpreted the bit that involves the battery then why was that not included with the explanation because if it is not explained properly then why is it still included? if the need to explain it either explain it or don't included it! don't go beating around the bush on what it does or how it does, or tell that we are doing it wrong. just explain it clearly and with proof! there is what i am guessing a lot of players that are confused on this frame, and if people are confused on this frame then the frame isn't doing good. don't go and say "maybe he isn't for you." bit. if there is a tiny detail that DE didn't go over or have in their tips then give the feedback of having that detail in the tips information. or have it explained clearly, because it clearly isnt being explained. 

and if you clearly explained it then ok, sorry if i didn't pay atention.

19 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I don't have a problem with people suggesting potential tweaks for the frame.  I DO have a problem with people calling Gauss Garbage simply because they don't understand how the kit is meant to be played or they DO fully know how he's meant to be played but demand DE to make changes to the kit just so it fits what they specifically want out of it.

thats the downside of feedback forums. while i think gauss is a great and awesome frame i think he either needs more tweaks or explaining because what ever we currently is a confused mess that is hardly explained or isn't working effectively as it should, or is a bit too strict on his play style for everyone to be conformable with him. if there is something that needs to be explained or worked on more then it needs to be done. 

and if words can't explaining it, then do a video that explains it. ps just checked that info and ok you can gain just a little bit or recharge by sprinting, but still  needs improvements.  for example more lenient battery drain, kenetic plating needs to only drain when hit orther wise it's just a waste prepping up abilities between groups of enemies. maybe not tying in redlines buffs in with duration as to not encourage people to go max duration if his redline meter is effected negatively with more duration. or hey have the redline buffs tied to duration and strength.  and the percent needs to climb up a little bit faster in order for us to get the best mileage for gauss redline ability.

Edited by maddragonmaster

30 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

thats the downside of feedback forums. while i think gauss is a great and awesome frame i think he either needs more tweaks or explaining because what ever we currently is a confused mess that is hardly explained or isn't working effectively as it should, or is a bit too strict on his play style for everyone to be conformable with him. if there is something that needs to be explained or worked on more then it needs to be done. 

I know, which is why I didn't jump in to begin with when I was seeing things that I dislike.  As this particular thread is for pc feedback since console does not have him yet.  I only hopped in to tackle the user GearsMatrix301.  And it spiraled into me responding to others since they were quoting me.

I do agree that Gauss's tooltips do a very poor job of explaining his kit to people which has a hand in why people are struggling to understand/use him properly.  I also agree that he can receive some tweaks.  As i've mentioned a few times I think that his 3's radius shouldn't shrink and shouldn't only proc it's status on initial cast.  And it's armor strip is either too weak or is bugged atm.  I also agreed that the fire version of his 3 could see some sort of none damage buff to make it appealing to use next to the blast/cold versions.  And that there should be an extra oomph to his 1 for running into enemies directly that isn't just more damage.

But I do think his kit is mechanically sound as is and he doesn't need major changes like most suggestions seem to be aimed at.  I also don't personally think he's too restrictive playstyle wise.  As you can have him be a DPS monster with high duration and qol mods with a splash of efficiency.  Or you can have him be a cc bot/nuker with added range and more investment in power strength to fast clear star chart content of varying mission types.  And then a middle ground that lets you use all of his abilities relatively effectively but with no focus on any one ability.

IMO it's on the same level of variety that DE has been doing with frames since the release of Gara going forward.  I will admit that DE has switched to more focused styles of play over the last few years compared to early frames where their design feels more open to toy with build wise.  But I still do believe build variety exists with the newer frames.

Edited by (XB1)Knight Raime

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

I know, which is why I didn't jump in to begin with when I was seeing things that I dislike.  As this particular thread is for pc feedback since console does not have him yet.  I only hopped in to tackle the user GearsMatrix301.  And it spiraled into me responding to others since they were quoting me.

I do agree that Gauss's tooltips do a very poor job of explaining his kit to people which has a hand in why people are struggling to understand/use him properly.  I also agree that he can receive some tweaks.  As i've mentioned a few times I think that his 3's radius shouldn't shrink and shouldn't only proc it's status on initial cast.  And it's armor strip is either too weak or is bugged atm.  I also agreed that the fire version of his 3 could see some sort of none damage buff to make it appealing to use next to the blast/cold versions.  And that there should be an extra oomph to his 1 for running into enemies directly that isn't just more damage.

But I do think his kit is mechanically sound as is and he doesn't need major changes like most suggestions seem to suggest.  I also don't personally think he's too restrictive playstyle wise.  As you can have him be a DPS monster with high duration and qol mods with a splash of efficiency.  Or you can have him be a cc bot/nuker with added range and more investment in power strength to fast clear star chart content of varying mission types.  And then a middle ground that lets you use all of his abilities relatively effectively but with no focus on any one ability.

IMO it's on the same level of variety that DE has been doing with frames since the release of Gara going forward.  I will admit that DE has switched to more focused styles of play over the last few years compared to early frames where their design feels more open to toy with build wise.  But I still do believe build variety exists with the newer frames.

i can agree with his tool tips needing explanation, especially redline. and his three needs some work.  i feel like the redline meter could ease a smidgen on the drain  just enough for breathers between sprinting and mach rushing. maybe a second or 2 of pause time for allowing some of us to pause and aim, because honestly i have terrible aim, and i prefer to have access to more weaponry then explosives, especially ones that it'll kill me because of self damage. as i favor melee, and what ever flavor of primary or secondary i am feeling in the mood for. 

though i still have trouble with keeping the meter up by just sprinting when i have redline and kinetic plating. which is why i suggest easing up on the battery drain.

well technically they started since chroma since chroma's recommended builds are... restrictive.

Edited by maddragonmaster
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

i can agree with his tool tips needing explanation, especially redline. and his three needs some work.  i feel like the redline meter could ease a smidgen on the drain  just enough for breathers between sprinting and mach rushing. maybe a second or 2 of pause time for allowing some of us to pause and aim, because honestly i have terrible aim, and i prefer to have access to more weaponry then explosives, especially ones that it'll kill me because of self damage. as i favor melee, and what ever flavor of primary or secondary i am feeling in the mood for. 

though i still have trouble with keeping the meter up by just sprinting when i have redline and kinetic plating. which is why i suggest easing up on the battery drain.

I have not yet had hands on experience with him yet as I am on console.  I can only go off of what I see from verified content creators that have done great work in the past both explaining things and making builds.  It has been from my perspective that battery/energy upkeep isn't a problem from the several videos that i've watched.  That being said, I'm not inherently against loosening some of the pressure of maintaining when it comes to the drain through kinetic plating or redline a little.  I just can't deffinitively get behind it based on what I have in front of me.

13 minutes ago, maddragonmaster said:

well technically they started since chroma since chroma's recommended builds are... restrictive.

I mean in that case it was poor core design of his kit over them forcing a specific style of play.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Knight Raime said:

As I elaborated in an earlier response kinetic plating drains based on how frequent you're being hit.  If you're dashing around with mach rush a lot causing cc and using your 3 to cc you are drastically reducing the amount of shots you're taking.  And because both abilities actively give you battery back you are counteracting the drain on both fronts.  Enemies are hard programmed to only have a maximum of 3 enemies attacking you at once.  The illusion of this is built by having pretty much every enemy in the game fire in single shots or bursts.  And they will miss to further make the illusion of all enemies attacking you seem more believable.

This is easily shown by going into the simulacrum and making a bunch of heavy gunners or a bunch of corpus tech's attack you.  These are the only enemies in the game that fire over a sustained period of time which is why it's a good showcase.  The only unit that breaks this pattern are melee enemies.

Kinetic Plating drains Gauss' battery each time he receives an instance of damage. How much battery is drained by that instance of damage is based upon the damage that said instance deals. There seems to be a minimum and a maximum amount of battery that can be drained per instance. Point being, a level 130 Heavy Gunner will drain Kinetic Plating far faster than a level 1 Heavy Gunner.

I am well aware of how Warframe AI works. The fact that enemies have targeting limitations and that they aren't perfectly accurate does not change the fact that the few enemies that do manage to hit you can drain your entire battery almost instantly.