Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

1 hour ago, GreyEnneract said:

I think this question is more important than people realize.
There's an entire update full of Tau damage coming in December, and I don't see Gauss surviving it.
Unless DE decides to just make Tau damage count as "physical".

I think a good augment for KP

Would be kinetic transmission 

Where whenever he takes physical damage

He gains a damage reduction to all damage types except physical 

It's a built in adaptation

just wanna say real quick that gauss has some annoying sfx which should be improved or patched, it just came out so its okay, for recasting abilities, especially the 4th, the same screaming computer sound its only good once combined with other exhaust or proton el megaman.

also i think we can make that 4th stronger if you allow gause to expand into a god-archkit, it doesnt have to be flying but allow to function in godmode(4th), redline is difficult to tell when its deployed and has a really crappy duration, in short maps and capture you can get alot of science done in slow-motion, so i know what am saying.

as for the weapons at max rank i feel they lack firing modes, and reload mechanicsm are really default. So we need to make sure that ammo pickups really matter to players getting some multishots and burst, maybe like destiny we can wield arc energy and other special bullets not just elemental damage, but critical to gauss's success, original.

what about ether and alcohol reactions at a photonic level with the oxygen and speed of light, photosyntesis, and when gauss has no energy how do we function without energy, the weapons weakness is that they are automatic honestly its like a flamethrower, i usually like to use it with a muzzle or aughment, i have never had a riven modification or a heavy weapon to compensate, 

on empty: there should be some protection energy and procs for long reload of weapons and enhancements to the bullets type of damage shouldnt just be based on the obvious slash, punc, flame, atheric, or radiation is second nature for advanced players need new damage types or at least alchemies, i personally like to see arc damage and void like in destiny, but we have other planets, it can be gravity, slow, or small flashbangs, caltrop bullets or thorns like the boltor with a low proc, or circular and disc shots which can be configured using micro computers, button held while reloading to change the shot type and sound effects relative to proc types (neon, hydration) like gundam wing beams and lasers, there can be a charged shot with some large explosions or laser which, evntually dual wield modifications for long barrel or sniper to extend the redline of gauss weapons on the market. DLC2

the aesthetics of the accelta are great for gauss but a few new skins would like to see a heavier version come out with the firing modes and magic, maybe gauss can have a special reticle or zoom UIU, the UI and signature passives for both weapons based on reloading, pickups, and energy, which are added to the bullets and meter, or used for abilities (enhanced procs)

last thing about his AOE doesnt last very long, so it needs more functions added for the weapons or melee to benefit, seems like hes a bass type using vibrations and breaktape attacks  are on with being grounded, so the air attacks should be different so they are not just a teleprot spam.

destiny has great loot rewards with randomized parameters on the weapons, but our foundry and shops lack great features

Edited by SnakeBadger
Neon lamp on deploy and holster and zoom, bullets and reload need additional ideas and are too generic without a second firing mode or a special proc/ explosion, and UI when zoomed, maybe we can trigger a few filters and reticule bullets.

2 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

just wanna say real quick that gauss has some annoying sfx which should be improved or patched, it just came out so its okay, for recasting abilities, especially the 4th, the same screaming computer sound its only good once combined with other exhaust or proton el megaman.

I quite like his Fx and id be sad if they got changed

also i think we can make that 4th stronger if you allow gause to expand into a god-archkit, it doesnt have to be flying but allow to function in godmode(4th), redline is difficult to tell when its deployed and has a really crappy duration, in short maps and capture you can get alot of science done in slow-motion, so i know what am saying.

His 4 is already very strong. It gives the highest fire rate buff possible, along with the highest holster swap speed and nearly the highest attack speed/reload speed buffs possible. It then augments his other abilities, causing MR to be half energy, KP to hit 100% dr and stagger enemies on hit, and causes TS to only require one cast and can strip 100% armor with 2 casts. Its duration is base 30 which is also amazing. 

“In short maps...you can get alot of science done in slow motion” 

wut??

as for the weapons at max rank i feel they lack firing modes, and reload mechanicsm are really default.

Not every weapon needs extra fire modes, and what do you mean the reload mechanisms are really default? 

So we need to make sure that ammo pickups really matter to players getting some multishots and burst, maybe like destiny we can wield arc energy and other special bullets not just elemental damage, but critical to gauss's success, original.

Ammo pickups already matter due to the weapons low base reserves. As to everything else you say after, Im failing to understand your thoughts. You want the weapons do have unique damage types? Why? I fail to see how these other damage types would be critical to Gauss’ success

what about ether and alcohol reactions at a photonic level with the oxygen and speed of light, photosyntesis,

?????

and when gauss has no energy how do we function without energy

Like most other frames actually. Using guns

, the weapons weakness is that they are automatic honestly its like a flamethrower, i usually like to use it with a muzzle or aughment, i have never had a riven modification or a heavy weapon to compensate, 

on empty: there should be some protection energy and procs for long reload of weapons and enhancements to the bullets type of damage shouldnt just be based on the obvious slash, punc, flame, atheric, or radiation is second nature for advanced players need new damage types or at least alchemies

As far as I can understand, you are still trying to argue for extra damage types, which are not needed. We already have 11 between basic and elemental, thats enough as is. 

, i personally like to see arc damage and void like in destiny, but we have other planets, it can be gravity, slow, or small flashbangs, caltrop bullets or thorns like the boltor with a low proc, or circular and disc shots which can be configured using micro computers, button held while reloading to change the shot type and sound effects relative to proc types (neon, hydration) like gundam wing beams and lasers, there can be a charged shot with some large explosions or laser which, evntually dual wield modifications for long barrel or sniper to extend the redline of gauss weapons on the market. DLC2

I truly doubt warframe will get weapon modifications like long barrels or bonus lasers. Ever.   

the aesthetics of the accelta are great for gauss but a few new skins would like to see a heavier version come out with the firing modes and magic,

Tennogen exists, feel free to make the skins you would like to see. 

maybe gauss can have a special reticle or zoom UIU, the UI and signature passives for both weapons based on reloading, pickups, and energy, which are added to the bullets and meter, or used for abilities (enhanced procs)

More screen clutter like unique UIs are not needed

last thing about his AOE doesnt last very long, so it needs more functions added for the weapons or melee to benefit,

You mean his Thermal Sunder? The AoE that can freeze enemies, knock them down and strip armor, and adds bonus damage if you mach rush through it? That AoE? If anything it sounds like you never build duration on Gauss which is practically Heresy. 

seems like hes a bass type using vibrations and breaktape attacks  are on with being grounded, so the air attacks should be different so they are not just a teleprot spam.

The air attacks? Teleport spam?? Are we playing the same frame?

destiny has great loot rewards with randomized parameters on the weapons, but our foundry and shops lack great features

I prefer the WF foundry tbh. It feels better to get a weapon you want when you want it and not by relying on RNG god rolls. 

• Like 2

Stupid idea inbound...

Spoiler

Exalted Legs!
Accepts exilus mods and sprint speed mods to further improve Gauss' movement abilities (Mach rush).

My not so stupid idea is a channelled sprint. By holding down left click whilst using Mach Rush Gauss will slowly drain his battery (Or use up more energy) but increase his mach Rush's speed. The rate of increase is dependant on Power Strength and doesn't cap, when the battery is depleted or he stops channelling Gauss will slowly return to his default mach rush speed 

Gauss is a perfect warframe now, but his signature weapons are not designed for him

I want to give my 1 2's about them

First of all the acceltra isn't designed to support gauss 

1.It's rate of fire combined with his 4 burns through it's ammo right away....to be honest gauss works quite well with low fire rate weapons or with semi burst fire, so i heavily suggest to heavily reduce the fire rate and/or change how it fires to be semi automatic, lower the fire rate and mess around with it's stats to balance it out,  ie more crit more damage etc

2. Give Akarius' projectile speed a new passive....the faster your movement speed right before you fire the more projectile speed the weapon has and the more damage it does on your next shot

And lastly give both of them kinetic ammo, where they generate 1 ammo per x miles traveled 

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

9 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Gauss is a perfect warframe now, but his signature weapons are not designed for him

1.It's rate of fire combined with his 4 burns through it's ammo right away....to be honest gauss works quite well with low fire rate weapons or with semi burst fire, so i heavily suggest to heavily reduce the fire rate and/or change how it fires to be semi automatic, lower the fire rate and mess around with it's stats to balance it out,  ie more crit more damage etc

2. Give Akarius' projectile speed a new passive....the faster your movement speed right before you fire the more projectile speed the weapon has and the more damage it does on your next shot

And lastly give both of them kinetic ammo, where they generate 1 ammo per x miles traveled 

Or just put ammo mutations on them. Pretty sure the Acceltra even comes with a matching polarity for that.

Is the Gauss update live on consoles yet?

24 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

It’s been on console for a few weeks now.

It has? I never noticed any update. I guess I wasn't paying attention, must have been smaller than I expected. Been waiting for it before playing more Gauss, seems I was only wasting time then.

56 minutes ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

It has? I never noticed any update. I guess I wasn't paying attention, must have been smaller than I expected. Been waiting for it before playing more Gauss, seems I was only wasting time then.

Wait, do you mean the Altra update or the buff update?

Edited by (XB1)GearsMatrix301

13 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I've always felt the Acceltra needed Cyanex's homing capability with the added safety feature it has now. It would compliment his high speed gameplay and more shots would count. The 120 max ammo when used with Gauss is still too low and Carrier Prime is a must basically. And even then I still run out of ammo against higher level enemies. The other weapon I use with Gauss is the Fulmin and the ammo recharge really benefits from Redline. 

Edited by Azrael_V

31 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Please no. I’m perfectly happy with how it is. We don’t need to give it a homing feature that only increases the risk of getting killed by self damage.

How do you figure that? The projectiles won't explode within the 7m range like it does currently now.  The enemies closest to you would be targeted first anyway. 

Edited by Azrael_V

1 hour ago, Azrael_V said:

I've always felt the Acceltra needed Cyanex's homing capability with the added safety feature it has now. It would compliment his high speed gameplay and more shots would count. The 120 max ammo when used with Gauss is still too low and Carrier Prime is a must basically. And even then I still run out of ammo against higher level enemies. The other weapon I use with Gauss is the Fulmin and the ammo recharge really benefits from Redline. 

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Please no. I’m perfectly happy with how it is. We don’t need to give it a homing feature that only increases the risk of getting killed by self damage.

I'm not complaining, it sounds like it, but i'll be perfectly fine if they didn't change his weapons

gauss has the highest fire rate buff of all warframes, with acceltra it's not worth it

I use him with prisma grinlok and it truns this weapon to a semi automatic burst fire rifle

I use it with komorex sniper and it turns it's second zoom fire mode into a machine gun 50 cal 

But acceltra's already high fire rate doesn't need another fire rate buff 

Gauss works perfectly with slow high damage weapons 

Other than that, acceltra is a good weapon for all warframes

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

41 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Go watch Quiet Shys Akarius review.

Im not really a fan of Akarius and I don't remember it functioning like Cyanex. I will check out the review. Hear me out though. If they were to add homing capability exactly like Cyanex's they would have to tweak the weapon accordingly. Decrease the mag size(48 to 32), decrease the blast radius(3m to 2m), increase the safety radius(7m to 10m) and possible increase to projectile speed. The homing aspect is unpredictable but at least the possibility of self-damage can be reduced. Obviously Mach Rushing into projectiles you just fired is not advised even now.  

Edited by Azrael_V

Thermal sunder is still  very energy hungry if you tend to use it how it's seemingly meant to be. Halving the energy cost or making the cold blast regain energy somehow could alleviate the fact that you need to spam both versions for best results.

Also mach rush still doesn't innately damage enemies on direct collisions, and the thermal sunder synergy could be called both a forced synergy and band aid. Doesn't make sense that crashing into enemies at high speeds doesn't damage them, unlike powers like rhino charge or tailwind.

3 hours ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

Thermal sunder is still  very energy hungry if you tend to use it how it's seemingly meant to be. Halving the energy cost or making the cold blast regain energy somehow could alleviate the fact that you need to spam both versions for best results.

Also mach rush still doesn't innately damage enemies on direct collisions, and the thermal sunder synergy could be called both a forced synergy and band aid. Doesn't make sense that crashing into enemies at high speeds doesn't damage them, unlike powers like rhino charge or tailwind.

It should probably be Heat Sunder that could refund a little energy, allowing for a minor exchange of battery to energy while still doing damage. Maybe for each target hit by it, it refunds 2 energy? It shouldn't be "profitable" or otherwise Gauss would be some kind of magic energy bank and Zenurik already game-breakingly exists.

I have pondered something like a new passive for Gauss, where if he's at 80% battery, continuous movement (excluding Mach Rush) generates 1 energy every, I don't know, 10 meters? 20? Though I like the shield recharge buff he has and it would probably be excessive to have both passive abilities, so I doubt you could fit it in there, but it's all I've come up with. And does contradict not wanting a "magic energy bank" I stated above. Gauss is energy-hungry and being able to mitigate that somehow would be nice, but I don't want to completely undo all limitations here. I hear they already made his battery too trivial to manage so tying energy regain to it would probably destroy all sense of balance.

As for Mach Rush not dealing damage, while it doesn't make a lot of logical sense, pretty much everything warframes do doesn't make much logical sense, and I'm pretty sure it's designed that way so that players aren't running enemies over to death to encourage using weapons, as Gauss is reliant on weaponry to perform (i.e. Redline). As funny as it would be to kill enemies that way, Mach Rush is designed to be a mobility and CC tool, though I'm grateful they included the Sunder synergy, I'll enjoy using it when consoles finally get the update I've been waiting weeks for.

Edited by (NSW)ToadBlue

3 hours ago, (NSW)ToadBlue said:

it's designed that way so that players aren't running enemies over to death to encourage using weapons, as Gauss is reliant on weaponry to perform (i.e. Redline). As funny as it would be to kill enemies that way, Mach Rush is designed to be a mobility and CC tool

What's wrong with that though? Like I said, rhino charge and tailwind damage enemies on collision and they also have cc and mobility aspects. And I doubt that mach rushes damage would be strong enough to warrant it over weapons, even with the kenitic plating synergy. Even so it'd still be better to have it damage enemies on direct collisions than harmlessly knocking them down.