Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

I'm really enjoying Gauss.

A visual tweak:

His 3 has two modes, and in the heat of combat it's a little difficult to tell which effect you've just done, especially as the clap animation is the same either way (compare with Gara's 1, which has different animations).

If forma'd his cold/intake tap should be mostly the primary colour with hints of the secondary. His heat/vent hold should swap to mostly the secondary.

So if you had blue and red energy colours: tap would be a blue effect and hold would be a red one.

This small change would make this ability easier to manage, and when overlapping existing halos you could tell at a glance which is which.

Secondly his weapons are both ammo-starved, which is an issue when he boosts fire rate so much. The tools we have to cope with ammo issues (Carrier, Ammo Mutations, etc) tend to boost the current weapon, which means you can't even fall back: primary runs out so you switch to secondary AND start converting every ammo pack to secondary too, when that runs out your primary is still out of ammo. It's always a bad idea to take two weapons that both struggle with ammo.

While both guns are suited to his run+gun style, in practice you take one OR the other, never both. One of them should be altered to be less ammo-needy. I'd recommend boosting the Akarius as it's objectively the weaker weapon - give it a larger magazine, higher max ammo, and give it the equivalent of 10 shots per pickup (so 20) instead of 5.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

The fact that it's energy is already reduced (50 vs 75) shows how needy and whiny warframe players are

If you want to get the best use out of it, like the armor strip, it's gonna cost you more than 75 energy at base. You need to turn on redline, already a 100 energy cost, and then spam thermal sunder twice which would cost another 100 assuming you have full redline, which would require mach rush or cold version of thermal sunder spam.

10 minutes ago, -Bv-Concarne said:

If you want to get the best use out of it, like the armor strip, it's gonna cost you more than 75 energy at base. You need to turn on redline, already a 100 energy cost, and then spam thermal sunder twice which would cost another 100 assuming you have full redline, which would require mach rush or cold version of thermal sunder spam.

still it's pretty manageable 

i have no problem with the efficiency 

my only fear is if his new buffs made him a numb warframe

a lot of warframe players like numb warframes...they like as much passive buffs as possible without needing much work

gauss might be one of the few warframes that require work and movement to play him right....unless his buffs nerfed that

gotta wait and see for myself

4 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

still it's pretty manageable 

i have no problem with the efficiency 

my only fear is if his new buffs made him a numb warframe

a lot of warframe players like numb warframes...they like as much passive buffs as possible without needing much work

gauss might be one of the few warframes that require work and movement to play him right....unless his buffs nerfed that

gotta wait and see for myself

Except it wouldn't change anything passive about it, the ability is still split so you still need to use the ability twice to get the most benefit. You get half an ability for the full cost.

And yes the battery efficiency did get buff, now you don't have to spam mach rush for 2/3 of the ability to get the full buffs and you get it as early as half the duration. It's one thing not having passive gameplay but it's another to force synergies and micromanagement to the point that it's all you do instead of actually playing the rest of the game.

On 2019-10-07 at 8:36 AM, Raqiya said:

My not so stupid idea is a channelled sprint. By holding down left click whilst using Mach Rush Gauss will slowly drain his battery (Or use up more energy) but increase his mach Rush's speed. The rate of increase is dependant on Power Strength and doesn't cap, when the battery is depleted or he stops channelling Gauss will slowly return to his default mach rush speed 

Yes! This is what I was thinking recently while rushing through the Vallis. Although I thought at increased energy drain, but I like this idea of battery drain way more. Maybe when you start channeling, it's accompanied by a satisfying boom like you just broke the sound barrier.

I've seen some players talk about other frames, most often Wisp, as being faster than Gauss. Now while these may be using "meme builds" I think we should make it no question who is faster. It shouldn't even be a competition. Even an Itzal should struggle!

• Like 2

Please take out the drag when coming out of Mach Rush, it's not necessary. It'd be cool if I could just tap it in the air and maintain the boost of forward momentum I get, because holding it clearly brings me to the surface quicker. 

Edited by Gnohme

I'm liking Gauss, but I do have issues with how long it takes for his Redline to reach 100%. In order to keep it up at max and keep up survivability you have to continuously be expending energy in ways that don't really mesh well. You don't even get extra energy from Kinetic plating while doing so. It's wierd that the more useless of Gauss' ability set is his ultimate.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Gorbihn said:

I'm liking Gauss, but I do have issues with how long it takes for his Redline to reach 100%. In order to keep it up at max and keep up survivability you have to continuously be expending energy in ways that don't really mesh well. You don't even get extra energy from Kinetic plating while doing so. It's wierd that the more useless of Gauss' ability set is his ultimate.

They buffed his battery gain, but that update hasn't come to consoles yet.

On 2019-10-14 at 5:24 PM, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Yes! This is what I was thinking recently while rushing through the Vallis. Although I thought at increased energy drain, but I like this idea of battery drain way more. Maybe when you start channeling, it's accompanied by a satisfying boom like you just broke the sound barrier.

I've seen some players talk about other frames, most often Wisp, as being faster than Gauss. Now while these may be using "meme builds" I think we should make it no question who is faster. It shouldn't even be a competition. Even an Itzal should struggle!

I'm happy to see a fellow Tenno who hasn't lost their need for SPEED!

• Like 1

On 2019-10-14 at 6:24 PM, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Gauss buffed at his limit is the fastest thing in the game

But sadly he can't reach this speed without outside buffs...and also DE hasn't thought about making a cap to his speed screen altering affects so they don't want you to reach these speeds alone 

If you want to go faster than all sprint speed mods, use 2 arcane phantasm and dispatch overdrive 

But it's still very situational and in open areas you won't find enemies to kill to get the buffs 

Maybe as an augment he will get faster 

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Gauss buffed at his limit is the fastest thing in the game

But sadly he can't reach this speed without outside buffs...and also DE hasn't thought about making a cap to his speed screen altering affects so they don't want you to reach these speeds alone 

If you want to go faster than all sprint speed mods, use 2 arcane phantasm and dispatch overdrive 

But it's still very situational and in open areas you won't find enemies to kill to get the buffs 

Maybe as an augment he will get faster 

If we keep making our voices heard they might throw us a bone and give us we want... Speed!

even with a fully buffed Gauss I'm unsure if he's faster than Titania without outside buffs and with outside buffs she eclipses Gauss. Titania is the queen of the skies and speed after all.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Raqiya said:

If we keep making our voices heard they might throw us a bone and give us we want... Speed!

even with a fully buffed Gauss I'm unsure if he's faster than Titania without outside buffs and with outside buffs she eclipses Gauss. Titania is the queen of the skies and speed after all.

Currently Zephyr is the fastest warframe 

She has 2 ways of going fast..either by running or flying 

It's crazy that DE doesn't want to make gauss scale his speed to the extreme like zephyr

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Currently Zephyr is the fastest warframe 

She has 2 ways of going fast..either by running or flying 

It's crazy that DE doesn't want to make gauss scale his speed to the extreme like zephyr

I made this video **real** quick. I don't think Zephyr is faster than this and this build isn't even complete. roughly 30sec in

I am also fully aware of the sprint speed zephyr \/

Spoiler

Edited by Raqiya
Yes.

49 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

I made this video **real** quick. I don't think Zephyr is faster than this and this build isn't even complete. roughly 30sec in

I am also fully aware of the sprint speed zephyr \/

Hide contents

I guess you can say that flying is generally always faster than running

Just make him scale mach rush and he's ll be the fastest warframe ever 

Because if mach rush scales on it's own...and then sprint speed comes after then he'll have a tremendous boost in speed 

Maybe if his mach rush scales with duration...in a way where the more time he spends in mach rush the faster he'll go up to 120%, and duration makes the increase rate of his mach rush speed faster 

On 2019-10-05 at 11:58 AM, Xhobract said:

If anything, the recent buffs he got feel very pushed and if you still find him underpowered I'm more inclined to think your build sucks for the playstyle you try to achieve.

I mean underpowered in how they look compared to what he does. Getting struck by his mach rush ability should do some kind of damage at least.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Maybe if his mach rush scales with duration...in a way where the more time he spends in mach rush the faster he'll go up to 120%, and duration makes the increase rate of his mach rush speed faster 

As long as this only occurs by manual input, because it'd be annoying to have it scale up when you don't want to. Which is why I love the channeled idea. Choose at any moment to shift into maximum overdrive, but at a cost.

The idea of it ramping up in speed overtime just sounds... Not speedy.

16 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I guess you can say that flying is generally always faster than running

Just make him scale mach rush and he's ll be the fastest warframe ever 

Because if mach rush scales on it's own...and then sprint speed comes after then he'll have a tremendous boost in speed 

I did propose a channelled sprint idea on page 23

Edited by Raqiya
meant 23

12 hours ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

As long as this only occurs by manual input, because it'd be annoying to have it scale up when you don't want to. Which is why I love the channeled idea. Choose at any moment to shift into maximum overdrive, but at a cost.

The idea of it ramping up in speed overtime just sounds... Not speedy.

Think of it more like a race car switching on the nitros surpassing its speedometer.

12 hours ago, Raqiya said:

Think of it more like a race car switching on the nitros surpassing its speedometer.

However you wish to think it, as long as it can reach top speed very quickly. What makes Gauss amazing is not only his speed, but his near instant acceleration and deceleration. It'd be nice if this extra boost accelerates as quickly as Mach Rush does from standing still, rather than a ramp up in speed overtime.

4 hours ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

However you wish to think it, as long as it can reach top speed very quickly. What makes Gauss amazing is not only his speed, but his near instant acceleration and deceleration. It'd be nice if this extra boost accelerates as quickly as Mach Rush does from standing still, rather than a ramp up in speed overtime.

I Highly doubt DE would allow for inf scaling to his Mach Rush if the proposed boost was that quick to accelerate. They'll be more likely to just give us a fixed boost speed with very minimal scaling if at all which isn't what I'm personally after which is why I suggested a channelled Mach Rush would have its acceleration dependant on both the meter (as a resource) and power strength which would scale up and down Gauss' acceleration when using this channelled Mach Rush. At least this way I think we can avoid having a cap and not have the speed be a detriment to gameplay.