Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

Hi I'm super late to the party.

Love Gauss.  Somehow I spend most missions with my EN reserves basically full; the kinetic shield is super nice.  I haven't had issues keeping my battery uptime going but at the same time I'm not using Redline 24/7.

Love Acceltra.  Like 10/10 do not touch.  If you somehow actually kill yourself with this thing I have no idea what to tell you.

Akarius feels stilted by it's fire rate and the reload time.  If that reload buff could be applied to dodge rolls and not just sprinting it'd make it feel a little less chunky, IMO.

• shoot on empty
  • reload tapping
  • pickup strategy and ammo changes
  • spinning attacks
  • melee block & hit
  • charged, burst and semi fire modes

some things like that would make the weapon more interesting during bullet jumping, in the air at slow motion and while picking up different items, the weapon cant be used while holding a large item or key, so maybe the keys can add some fire rate and radial lighting, so players would like to use their dragon keys and mission items, ayatan stars, shotgun ammo and pickups without worrying about mooding, the last thing is tha tthe enemies bodies could featuer something, i think these weapons are great for limbo, so limbo can get a teleportation and passive trait adjustment, especially when reloading or modechanging, theres a discrepancy when switching guns and going from secondary to primary could be improved with grenades or magic, pickups and temporary enhancements like fuelcells, and energy pickups allowing your weapon to use a special feature if shoot at from far, dead bodies, downed team mates, and revive mechanics are limited, you cant use abiliteis when you are crawling or hacking and geting hit  looks dumb, so u wanna add more improvements to the robotics and weapons to have passive that function while the players mine, fish, and hack to give them some extra cover while reloading, or sliding.

8 hours ago, Raqiya said:

I Highly doubt DE would allow for inf scaling to his Mach Rush if the proposed boost was that quick to accelerate. They'll be more likely to just give us a fixed boost speed with very minimal scaling if at all which isn't what I'm personally after which is why I suggested a channeled Mach Rush would have its acceleration dependant on both the meter (as a resource) and power strength which would scale up and down Gauss' acceleration when using this channeled Mach Rush. At least this way I think we can avoid having a cap and not have the speed be a detriment to game play.

it would be awesome to have gauss recasts charge up, and teleports, there are some need for additional body movements and weapons in the warframe set to passive or robotic from some perspectives i learned that an extra shield for cover could be deployed on landing using the battery or something like a blasts which enhances reload, I think the best thing to do is changing the 4th ability REDLINE to use the battery, so it can be tapped for additional functions, used in short burst for more than just cleaning, or screaming.

redline animation is lengthy and is not based on the battery, but rather stagnant in its effects since it wears off quickly in some cases i was able to shoot my secondary but the time it takes to charge up redline reduces DPS and the animation lock has no defensive mechanics or passives, so your team mates and enemies are just punching, aerial bombards and wall tackle, emulsion generated, and reload 

might be a good opportunity for more elemental changes and to have gauss players enjoy jumping abilities and weapon switching without just depending on redline, i dont see gau'ss definate melee weapon other than his AOE circle or what he can give to him team mates because he is really faster than limbo and other people without volt, so its good to add that there be more teleportations and energy uses for combat liike how limbo has the voidpartalspassive and destiny 2 has the rockets for movement, we only have bullet jumping and slidding, so gauss needs to specialize next on aerial combat, and aerial abilities for his next patch/update and mods.

dual shuriken, throwing two AK-ceretas or boomerangs might seem like a nice set for Gauss, if redline did a large AOE and hurt enemies nearby, or increased the shields and lateral space like limbo's cataclysm and frosts bubble, shield regeneration would go up and then he would deploy some flying  rods that swarm like arch-wing, and other features during redline since he doesnt have any uses that enhance melee maybe deploy some electric proc arc boomerangs and other triggers with his other abilities during, by double tapping. teleporting or holding down a button to disperse, collect energy for crafting shields and special atacks with the battery, not just ramming batons with additional robotics or front flips.

Edited by SnakeBadger

On 2019-08-29 at 9:29 AM, [DE]Danielle said:

This thread will be used to house your feedback on the newest Warframe from Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.0: GAUSS and his Signature Weapons the ACCELTRA and AKARIUS

GAUSS: 

ACCELTRA:
Using a barrage of rapid-fire plasma rockets, Gauss’ signature weapon lays down a path of destruction. Reloads are faster while sprinting, even more so in Gauss’ hands. For safety, rockets arm after traveling safe distance.

AKARIUS:
Bombard legions of enemies with target seeking rockets. These dual launchers reload faster while sprinting, even more so in Gauss’ hands. Rockets arm after reaching a safe distance.

Before posting feedback on Gauss and/or his Signature Weapons be sure to spend enough time with him/them in different missions! Once you feel you have a handle on what he’s/they are all about, and would like to share your thoughts, expand the spoilers below for a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback. A well constructed and thought out post is the way to go! 

Reveal hidden contents

1. Keep it simple
Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up
Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite

The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

The Forums can be an amazing tool when used correctly. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Gauss! 

Need to report a bug? Visit the Saint Of Altra Bug Reporting megathread.

4th ability redline is a good example, it doesnt benefit from spamming it or recasting it, it doesnt add anything good for melee attacks like a cool pair of lightsabers or batons, sticks, or elemental proc, so redline is only effective on lenghty weapons, and has a big charge up sound, but if you keep tapping it ove rand ove, it doesnt do anything special, the same goes for FROST, much of his abilities are outdated and dont mix good, rhino's tackle and dash are hilarious because the sound like he is being hurt, and some limbo, i think wukong was fine but the cloud traveling could feature more enhancements and finally SLAM ATTACKS those are ignored really badly, so all slam attacks sound really bad, and feels the same.

one final suggestion is that each warframe aquire a few more movement and crouching sound effects or animations so they don't feel completely the same when moving, the reload sound while sliding could be different, and the one during jumping, i cant think of where else adding a few sounds to wall latch surfaces and trees might be a good one for open worlds and pickups, lockers, and cameras/computers in those maps with many robots thers not enough quarentine areas so the whole system always goes off with alarms and the security cameras are lacking decent amounts of shields or sub sentry weapons on detection, a quick sheet of plexiglass, or armor improvement would be great instead of just shooting it, there could be other weapons instead of just a red laser

like i said gauss 4th needs to affect melee and aerial attacks and limbo's teleport could have a charge up and explosion or reload enhancing traits while in the void so players dont end up complaining' and some immersion of reality versus just stating on the other plane indefinetly blinking adn mid-air rifts without energy versus those that are enhanced by abilities and team mates to keep limbo interesting, especially after going through a ice shield or teleporting from the bahamas,

• if limbo came back with electric or fire damage for his weapons from his portals or rifts and explosions, he could choose to jump in the air to call up a series of trident bullets from another void or burst down with a new slamming teleport, like iori yagami, and actual loki, shin akuma, and ninja gaiden swag,to choose a series of paths and random features like wukong which enhance melee speed and fire rates for weapons,

this way instead of reloading, limbo vanquishes another soul / space time body/ which he can call up a series of other limbo's and parts, he can just teleport during quick;y switch weapon are altered by the rifgts, even if he takes HP damage or is left to bones, there are others like the spiderman universe, to advoid reloading and taking critical hits, warping changes his arsenals and ability procs, phycical appearance changes, and rolling also will trigger special weapons or magic.

call up a scythe or magical attack, recasting and tapping in the air, versus through abilitiesm through enemies or through pickups to matter, now team mates have different bullet types and fire rate is less predi table to also have some new demonic allies added to limbo with his changes, and sound effects which kick in during melee, and recast.

tare the only recent things i remember, besides the bows that need dart mechanics and finepoints to proc special attacks, melee combos and status effects and blocking which is missing for drawing and charged shooting mechanics to be fun, the bows will need to have a clear difference when tapping versus charging, maybe we can lock more than one bolt or arrow onto with a laser sight and or chained to get players to shoot the same spots, and retrieve their ammunitions, ducking and pressing that reload button for changing the modes and shooting to get really exciting.

so u would take empty test on both guns, only clicks! then you would have bullets after using +1 from each warframe acruting bullets enhancing the reload also is posible through each of gauses abilities and normal movement technologies, so you see a guy like limbo teleporting quickly reimbursting a few darker magics into the chamber of his primary, and whiwle the gun is being fired the two AK supply the warframe with shield and counter attacking arc, energy, the same as being hit and shockign enemies, the orbital skin over is based on the weapon being used, only being shred by innifficient paylods and bullet types, or pickups, to keep it classic.

13 hours ago, SnakeBadger said:

so u would take empty test on both guns, only clicks! then you would have bullets after using +1 from each warframe acruting bullets enhancing the reload also is posible through each of gauses abilities and normal movement technologies, so you see a guy like limbo teleporting quickly reimbursting a few darker magics into the chamber of his primary, and whiwle the gun is being fired the two AK supply the warframe with shield and counter attacking arc, energy, the same as being hit and shockign enemies, the orbital skin over is based on the weapon being used, only being shred by innifficient paylods and bullet types, or pickups, to keep it classic.

that would also mean that hits deflected or bullet that are not in use could be compromized by redline, in other abilites to shoot chi-blasts recasts does push enemies back and can be held to arms for ultimate barrier on gauss's 2+3 effective, but it doesnt have much aerial populus or slamming, for example gauss has that 2 tech could reflect melee damage, be used for melee weapons and guns to establish a energy or damage type, burst damage comes from the second weapon but could be held, or set to MODE2 to repeating or tapping you can get the lasers to break mid-air, so its like ORBIENT

Acceltra is a difficult primary because the only problem's that is pretty loud and stagnated by the reload so its only washed away by its lack of functionality, shotting it at a higher frame, redline or fire rate its not doinb much for me, and punchthrough its not visually applealing, so redline should at least makesure to trigger other melee benefits or teamages get a portion, as well as opening up some other types of elemental rings for 3 and aerial attacks, the best we can do is giving the Acceltra(P) a spinning and reload modifyer.

This can be a slidding attack, or one skill for wall latching and shooting at walls or the floor, especially true when shooting in archwing and slowmotion, there can be a spinning attack or some reasons to tap or change modes, and that automatically holding triangle could be interesting for both weapons to shoot one thick blasts or laser burst, but it can have lag.

switching from weapon to weapon and realoading should have a gimmick or passive defense, slidding trigger mode changes on empty we can allow for zoom to do something like scanning or targeting some enemies, or marking them, so this sets up the weapon's change and melee accelerants, as well as other mods for winning or abilities.

1. It would be great to have a gimmick for switching weapons and for empty weapons because they lack function here and are most vulnerable ruing the proccess of reloading, i though of the idea of reworking limbo to feature his teleportation magic enhancing weapons and realoding with magic energy from the void/and a spectre/uniform body which replaces empty weapons, this can be a robotic or a real limbo from a parallel universe, but for gauss to get bullets from his meter and speeding tackles (1), now we have the ability to change weapons and use melee, but the weapon should feature some charge mechanic and defenses or blocking especially during reaload we want to keep players interested in pickups and fighting, while firing the weapon at the floor and mid-air need other gimmicks/scanning or magnetically colelcting bullets which can explode nearby or deal AOE, but this can be done if your chamber is empty and your players are just allowing the weapon to refresh on its own, so the question is why reload, and what to do on empty>?
  2. this allows you to think about switching to onto the (S) weapon or trigger a robotic, espeically true due to sliding it could mean that the robot shoots lasers and you lay a trap, the reloading has to happen so quick so you are better off switching weapons, or casting an ability, in this war its no easy to lose your weapons, but its easy that they need to reload.
  3. those gimmicks on reload and switching can be really cool looking.
  4. also idea that zoom fighting versus firing from the ships, docks, and skyshooting has some small adjustments and weight of reloading while rolling, and sliding to be nice maybe even swtiching guns,
  5. the robotic version of this gun can be interesting and smaller version of gauss signature weapons with various augments and toppings,
  6. part-B
13 hours ago, (NSW)Austee said:

robotic version of akarious and acecltra

I came up with a great deal of ideas for a robotic version of both of the asperger guns for the robots and spectre, and new mechanics, to keep gaus and players happy, chill dude, heres some free peace, pizza, if you can come up with new ideas instead of calling people out you would make less enemies, you are also being off-topic, i want to hear your ideas too, so please think about that S#&$ before you just call people up. It takes a while to come up with a good idea.

Alright, how about this. What if we could add a "Gear Shift" to Gauss' Mach Rush for example, Pressing the [Insert Key Here] key While in Mach rush will sacrifice a percentage of Gauss' Battery giving Mach Rush flat bonus (or % Bonus) to his Mach Rush Speed depending on his Power Strength upon the cast of Mach Rush and holding the key brings him back down a gear. The ability may also drain a increased amount of energy from Gauss creating more need for the synergy between Redline and Mach Rush.This would be somewhat similar to the way Titania's [Razorwing Blitz] functions but instead it wont have a cap and be a part of his base kit, he is the "speed" frame after all.

If we do this I suggest removing outside speed buffs that isn't produced by Gauss (Not including items such as spectres produced from Gauss) from his Mach Rush. I believe this will keep the players more in control of their Machrush speed due to the potential increase in speed.

15 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

Alright, how about this. What if we could add a "Gear Shift" to Gauss' Mach Rush for example, Pressing the [Insert Key Here] key While in Mach rush will sacrifice a percentage of Gauss' Battery giving Mach Rush flat bonus (or % Bonus) to his Mach Rush Speed depending on his Power Strength upon the cast of Mach Rush and holding the key brings him back down a gear. The ability may also drain a increased amount of energy from Gauss creating more need for the synergy between Redline and Mach Rush.This would be somewhat similar to the way Titania's [Razorwing Blitz] functions but instead it wont have a cap and be a part of his base kit, he is the "speed" frame after all.

If we do this I suggest removing outside speed buffs that isn't produced by Gauss (Not including items such as spectres produced from Gauss) from his Mach Rush. I believe this will keep the players more in control of their Machrush speed due to the potential increase in speed.

Having anything to scale with strength with gauss is not a great idea in my opinion...strength shouldn't go below 100% but you shouldn't mod for it either...is his abilities already do great damage and he benefits a lot more from duration 

If mach rush won't increase it's speed overtime then we should flat out say that redline should just buff sprint speed 

Or sprint speed increase with more battery

It just feels like a crime that the speed warframe has limited ways of modding for more speed 

That being said i play with 2 arcane phantasm and dispatch overdrive and when i get the 3 to work i get a huge boost in speed...outrunning anything volt or zephyr 

But nothing beats titania still...

I mean maybe we should let it go

The fastest animal on the planet does not even run...

Edited by (PS4)Hopper_Orouk

44 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Having anything to scale with strength with gauss is not a great idea in my opinion...strength shouldn't go below 100% but you shouldn't mod for it either...is his abilities already do great damage and he benefits a lot more from duration 

I chose power strength initially because its the easiest stat to increase and for Gauss its often ignored due to prevalence of duration based Redline builds. At least with Power Strength  people wont complain that the speed increase is a detriment to their meta duration builds due to the lack of Power Strength in their builds. It will also increase build variety by giving players more of a reason to build for strength.

53 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

If mach rush won't increase it's speed overtime then we should flat out say that redline should just buff sprint speed 

Or sprint speed increase with more battery

It just feels like a crime that the speed warframe has limited ways of modding for more speed 

I do agree that it feels like a crime with the lack of opportunities we have to increase the speed of THE SPEED frame, he's supposed to be "The Runner, the Rapid" -Lotus yet we aren't given the kit to make him feel as such. But I also want to find a way which wont frustrate players who already find it difficult to control his speed as is, creating a way for them to opt out of the speed increase or just outright avoid building for it.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

That being said i play with 2 arcane phantasm and dispatch overdrive and when i get the 3 to work i get a huge boost in speed...outrunning anything volt or zephyr 

But nothing beats titania still...

The fastest animal on the planet does not even run...

I'm not trying to surpass the Queen of speed that is Titania. All I want is a way to get that rush, that EUPHORIC feeling you get when you reach those high speeds. When you're boosted by a Volt or a Wisp you feel fast, on top of the world, untouchable. Those are the speeds I'm after I want to feel unrivalled in speed It feels closer to what Mach Rush should be and once you get a taste you can't go back, it feels like you're running through a bog otherwise. The fact that default Mach Rush is comparable to K-Drives is blasphemous to the Saint of speed as well as the fact that Non Sprint based Warframes such as Saryn can mod herself to the extremes to reach high speeds yet Gauss, the saint of Speed cannot. Absolutely BLASPHEMOUS!

Gauss has provided me the most fun I've had in Warframe in a while and that alone was due to his potential in speed. Sure he may be slower than Titania but its far more satisfying to go fast while running across the ground watching everything turn into a blur. But I do think his kit should at least be given a fighting chance against Archwing (with the exception of Itzal blink spam because its literally teleportation) on the Plains/Vallis as a alternative means of travel instead of a purely inferior one.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

In this case if you truly love something don't let it go. I strongly believe a speed change would be greatly beneficial to the way Gauss plays and feels, I refuse to let DE miss out on such a opportunity. 

10 minutes ago, Raqiya said:

yet we aren't given the kit to make him feel as such

He definitely FEELS fast but necessarily the fastest 

I do encourage you to try the combination of 2 arcane phantasm and dispatch overdrive, even overdrive alone can still give you that amazing burst in speed that he has and that's close to any other speed warframe buffing gauss

It's the only way we have currently 

5 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I do encourage you to try the combination of 2 arcane phantasm and dispatch overdrive, even overdrive alone can still give you that amazing burst in speed that he has and that's close to any other speed warframe buffing gauss

I do use Dispatch Overrdrive with a Redeemer Prime to avoid Redline stealing my kills. But I do think that Arcane Phantasm is too awkward to use when you want to go fast.

23 minutes ago, (XB1)bigsnake84 said:

Really I'll take any optional speed boost for Mach Rush at this point. We shouldn't have to get set up with arcanes or specific maximized builds that require certain actions to have true speed with the speed frame. His potential to go extremely fast should be an innate capability.

I fully agree with you.

Kinetic plating is good, but in arbitration he suddenly dies because some enemies use elements which pass through the damage reduction.  Adaptation cannot help it as such element damages are usually high per a hit.  The Hallowed Flame event is a good example how he is squishy against the infestation. It's almost impossible to survive in that endurance mission.

That's the last part I concern.

Edited by alseltas
  • Like 2