Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Gauss / Signature Weapons Feedback

[DE]Danielle

5 minutes ago, Modus-Pwnens said:

It's something related to how far past the end of the gauge you are, and at 100% your gauge won't go down until Redline's duration is over. And if you haven't hit 100% by the end of the duration, you lose a big chunk of your gauge when it ends.

I'm unclear whether it's directly related to the buff strength though. I can't tell whether you get the full buff strength at 100% Redline or if you get it when the bulb at the top of the gauge is full.

Did some further testing. It seems that the % only dictates how much of the main battery you lose when Redline ends. 100% = no loss. Anything below is a proportional loss of the main battery. Didnt seem to have anything to do with the strength of the buff. That seems to only depend on how much the Redline circle is filled.

Charging his fourth ability above the redline eats up way too much time and the energy conversion on his 2 needs to be higher considering how energy hungry this frame is. The starting values of kinetic plating are way too low at 20% energy reduction and you can only get too 100 is by charging the battery seemingly only by spending loads of energy running with his first ability.

59 minutes ago, ADirtyMonk said:

Did some further testing. It seems that the % only dictates how much of the main battery you lose when Redline ends. 100% = no loss. Anything below is a proportional loss of the main battery. Didnt seem to have anything to do with the strength of the buff. That seems to only depend on how much the Redline circle is filled.

Ah, that's good - means that high duration isn't costing you a proportion of the buff strength. So it really doesn't matter much if you hit 100% - it's a little bonus for keeping the gauge above the red line most of the duration, not a big goal. Which also means duration doesn't really hurt you in any way, it's only a positive. That's actually great!

This really speaks to how profoundly unclear the way this Warframe works is though.

Edited by Modus-Pwnens
  • Like 2

Played him for quite a bit, feels very fun and engaging, however a couple things could be changed to make playing him even more fun.

• His redline getting some extra duration upon reaching 100% charge would make the ability feel much better 
  • Giving numbers (and possibly buffing them too) on armor stripping from redlining thermal sunder synergy would make said synergy more usable
  • Fire version of thermal sunder is almost never worth it to cast because  it takes the precious battery energy away while redline is below 100%, and it's pretty hard to keep it above the redline to reach that sweet 100% ASAP. On it's own what you get for spending both your energy AND battery energy is not quite enough (maybe remove energy cost from fire version and make it so it only uses battery energy)

Other than that he feels pretty good to play and would be fun to master.

I've just been trying out different Gauss builds in Simulacrum for the last couple of hours. I really like the frame and think he has a really unique playstyle of managing your battery and your energy. However I found that this kind of forces you to build for duration and efficiency, especially if you want to hit that 100% cap on red line. I don't have much of a problem with this, but I would like to suggest giving power strength a part to play in his kit. Currently the time it takes to hit 100% red line is constant and you need to build duration to be able to reach and keep that buff for at least a little bit.

I suggest either:
When casting red line have the red line gauge fill faster from 0-100% based on power strength
And/or
Red line drains slower based on power strength (drains at 1/strength)

This would reduce the emphasis on duration and efficiency as you would either be able to hit red line sooner or not have to spam your abilities as much to keep above the red line respectively. I think this would be great for the build diversity on the frame.

Thank you for your consideration

The more I play Gauss the more I can see that he's on track to be "Gauss Tier" now that Wukong isn't filling the role of being the character so low tier he gets his own tier. Where Wukong was known for being unkillable and bad, Gauss is going to be known for going real fast to accomplish very little.

Had a syndicate spawn that made it exceedingly clear how trash his 2 is, especially when paired with his stats. A bunch of corrupted toxic eximus is a very rude wakeup call that utterly disillusioned me to the idea that Gauss' 2 is good. This is NOT a top tier defensive ability. He's shield based with low base health, making building health a questionable proposition (unlike say, Zephyr, where it's kinda OK but not great). His 2 would be much better if it capped out lower, but covered all damage types. Especially given the idea with a speed frame is to just avoid damage anyway, and toxic damage is one of the few damage types that is difficult to impossible to avoid due to how it's usually applied.

• Like 3

Having run the house for a day, I noticed a lot of problems in it.

Converting energy to 5% of 2 abilities is too small, at the level of mobs 100, they will kill me faster than I will fill up at least 200 energy, because his scale is spent too quickly when taking damage. I would increase the minimum damage reduction and energy conversion rates to 10%.

Also, the percentages of his ult are accumulating for too long, as I noticed, the longer you have the duration, the longer are the percent of ults. If you are on a mission where you don’t particularly run the first ability, then it takes half the duration of the ults before you accumulate 100% acceleration, while the volt needs to press only 1 button to get a buff (although the buff of the volt speed is less).

I also believe that his passive abilities are useless, he has the ability to protect him from damage. I propose to make this ability: depending on the fullness of its scale, a passive ability will increase the damage of abilities and weapons. For example, with a full scale without 4 abilities, 100% damage to abilities and weapons will be given, and when using the ult, 150% damage will be added.

My feedback on gauss:

Redline suggestion A:

in cast of redline it already start at 25% gauge power strength increase and duration decrease the gain speed on gauge

on 100% gauge add 10-20sec to the redline buff (not affected by duration)

Redline Suggestion B:

in cast of redline it already start at 25% gauge affected by power strength it can be 100% at cast depend on your power strength 

Redline Suggestion C :

Just outright remove the duration and base the ability to the gauge if you hit zero thats it ability will turn off.

50% base gauge on active(but need to full gauge on inactive redline) Power Strength will fill gauge faster but burn faster, while Duration fill gauge slower and burn gauge slower 

Kenetic Plating: instead of 100% damage reduction cap it on 90%, its only fair for the buff on redline so it wont be to powerful

I think this would be good so we dash less and kill more

New Passive:

Sprinting will gradually increase speed little by little and on jump or full stop remove sprint speed buff

Edited by Avadir
  • Like 1

I love both of those weapons, they are really satisfying to use and pretty powerful as is.

Only problem i have with them (or, possibly every explosive weapon) is small ammo stock, i use explosive weapons with "carpet bombardment" style of gameplay so those "balance" felts anti-fun for me.

Especially when we won't have any problem with ammo sustaining itself.

• Like 1

I played Gausss and I can tell he need some changes in skils. 
It's my proposition for changes:

Passive. Just change it.

Kinetic Plating. This skill's dmg reduction should work differently. When we press 2 it should empty our battery and give damage reduction depending of how much battery we had but not how much we have now. Short version. Press button, empty battery, you have constant dmg reduction until ability ends. And 5% of dmg to energy convert is definitely too small. 20% should be great.

Thermal Sunder. Why this ability range decreases over time? Why?

Edited by MrStringer5215
  • Like 1

Acceltra: This might have been my favorite weapon in the game, not the strongest statistically, but reasonable enough, and it's manic style was incredibly appealing, low ammo pool encouraging you to rush into battle, midrange, sprinting after killing a few enemies and rushing to get the ammo drops and then going to the next group, if not for the self damage, which due to the distance-arming feels incredibly unpredictable, you can't ever tell when you're safe, sometimes I don't kill myself on the whole mission, other times it happens 4-5 times, just zooming around and then boop, instant death in what feels like you should've lived because of slight aiming differences and the arming mechanics, even though it feels like you're doing the same thing and getting different results, and so, I'll almost never use this except for occasionally on frames that are immune to self damage.

Akarius: Seems alright, doubt I'll use it much but at it's MR it's positioned to be a reasonable weapon, even though it suffers from the same issue as the Acceltra technically, it's limited ammo and fire rate makes you more careful with your aim etc, so it happens less, still...

Just remove self damage from the game, in all honesty, it wouldn't upset balance that much.. and it's such a feelsbad mechanic, either rework Chroma's 3 to starting at half value, or only leave self-damage on Thunderbolt and Concealed Explosives, as those are reasonable since the mods damage doesn't scale with the rest of the damage mods on their associated weapons. Self damage doesn't belong in warframe, it feels so out of place, this is not a slow paced tactical shooter, we can't fire rockets at the defense objective, or our NPC or Tenno allies, our Warframe abilities don't hurt ourselves or others, nor do most weapons (Shoot some bullets while standing in the middle of a mag bubble, your bullets don't kill yourself.) It's just these explosive weapons, and only some of them, that self damage kills the whole class.

I think someone else also mentioned this, but you could reverse Cautious Shot, making it Reckless Shot, making the self-damage system opt-in, it could be +200% Damage, and allowing 10% Self Damage at max, or something like that.

• Like 2

Gauss

His second ability should be a channel

His third ability should actually freeze enemies and holding should be a blast proc on default

His fourth ability needs to be buffed and add weapon damage instead of fire rate. Could probably take away holster speed

Weapons

Both are pretty good stat wise but need a larger ammo pool

Edited by BeastKingRizzo

3 minutes ago, BeastKingRizzo said:

His second ability should be a channel

His fourth needs to be buffed and add weapon damage instead of fire rate. Could probably take away movement speed

Being duration based is fine, it lines up with his Redline and it allows us to regain energy with it being duration based into of a channel.

Why would you want to take away movement speed from the "Speed" Frame and Redline doesn't even give movement speed (I wish it did).

Edited by Raqiya
EDIT

21 hours ago, Renzo said:

sometimes gauss keeps on sprinting like the ability was active even if you release the button.

This is probably because you're still holding your "move forward" button (defaults to W). Hold 1 for like a second to do the long sprint, but then you can take your finger off the ability key and just hold forward to keep him running. Let go of W, or input any other parkour maneuver, and Gauss stops sprinting.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, -.VH.-Attila said:

4th ability is worse than Wisp speed buff (which she can apply to every teammate) it should give gauss some kind of damage boost or multishot buff too .
And his speed meter should stay over the redline once he reaches it in his 4th ability.

It does give him a melee dmg boost and stagger effect when used in conjunction with his 2

Just now, Raqiya said:

It does give him a melee dmg boost and stagger effect when used in conjunction with his 2

i still think its not enough and doesnt feel like a real ''4th ability'' cause it nearly does the same thing as 1/3 of wisp 1st ability . Gauss needs a complete rework on his 4th and 3rd ability

1 minute ago, -.VH.-Attila said:

i still think its not enough and doesnt feel like a real ''4th ability'' cause it nearly does the same thing as 1/3 of wisp 1st ability . Gauss needs a complete rework on his 4th and 3rd ability

I personally think think his 4 only requires some tweaks but his 3 as you said just needs a complete rework, as it is it doesn't really fit with his "Keep moving play style" but I do really like the abilities concept. I also think his passive should be changed to something like "Can Shoot while sprinting" or something fun like "The longer he sprints the faster he moves ( also effects Mach Rush).

vor 5 Minuten schrieb -.VH.-Attila:

It grants way higher attack speed/ fire rate than Wisp plus: 

• Holster speed
  • Reload speed
  • halves Mach Rush casting cost above the redline
  • Melee dmg + stagger on hit
  • Instant freeze on his 3
  • Projectiles that stagger enemies
  • gives access to 100% instead of 80% of the batteries capacity thus making Kinetic Plating more effective
  • Infinite battery as soon as you hit 100% for the rest of Redline's duration -> Kinetic Plating no longer drains battery on getting hit and you can spam fire 3 for all that it's worth

Nearly the same thing though... 😉

The biggest problem I have with Gauss currently is his fire 3 version seems hardly worth casting as it drains your battery for nothing worthwhile in return. Ice version gives you battery and takes energy, maybe reverse that with the fire version? In any case, the fire version should have some additional effect to what it has now: a temporary buff or status cleansing, anything at all really.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Raqiya said:

Being duration based is fine, it lines up with his Redline and it allows us to regain energy with it being duration based into of a channel.

Why would you want to take away movement speed from the "Speed" Frame and Redline doesn't even give movement speed (I wish it did).

I meant holster speed