[DE]Danielle

(PC) Disruption Expansion Feedback

Make Kuva Disruption more fun and more End-Game

The most fun I had in this game so far was the Disruption Clan Event, because you had to coordinate to get a high score and it was challenging.

The Clan Event had a point score that was higher if you started all 4 conduits simultaneously and killed the demolists faster.

One conduit would give about 100 points and it was multiplied by the number of conduits that were active at the same time.

So e.g. doing one by one would yield 400 points per round, but doing all at once would get you 400 * 4 = 1200.

Since the only reward in Kuva-Disruption is Kuva (mostly) something like this would be possible instead of the Rotations.

In addition to encourage longer stays the base amount of Kuva per conduit should increase every round.

The Demolistst should not drop Kuva, because the group will be far apart and running around to collect the Kuva of every Demolist is annoying

(they could rarly drop universal medailions instead, that would be ok, because it would not happen so often)

Suggest reward Formula:

Kuva = (30 + Round x 3) x Number of succesful condiuts x Number of simultaneous condiuts

Round 1 would be: 528

Round 4 would be: 624

The base amount could also vary depending on how fast the Demolist is killed (like in the clan event) maybe between 25-35

The exact numbers can be adjusted, but the goal would be that the reward should be higher then Survival for coordinated teams, and lower then Survival for none coordinated teams.

The reward should be affected by Booster.

And the mission should also start with lvl 100 enemies.

Summary:

- kuva reward based on round and number of simultaneous condiuts

- demolists don't drop kuva (maybe universal medailions rarely instead)

- start at lvl 100

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Imagine that instead of all these half baked changes, the Kuva cost to pull the ol' Riven Slot Machine was lowered greatly, to reflect the time invested in our labored grind for Kuva. Wouldn't that be just...spiffy?

• Like 1
  • Applause 1

I think PC players said this has already happened but I want to say it just to be sure...  4 consoles = 1 round = 1 rotation step (not 8 consoles/2 rounds).   

-Low level should get a disruption that grants tons of extra affinity (that scales the deeper you go, so high levels will go there for focus farm to)

-low/mid range disruption that has Forma BP's so you dont have to pop relics for forma.

-Universal Medallions drop way to late and way to rarely to be useful.  Out of all the disruptions I have ran I have only ever gotten 1 so far.  

--------------------

I have gauss, his weapons, and everyday I spend time trying to farm lua lens.  I use Random squads.   For Lua disuptions its a ghost town, and when I do get people they cant hang till Lens rounds.  Part of this is that people who are serious about focus are already maxed out in everything from tridolon fights, everyone else either doesnt care about focus or cant handle this content.  

I may be wrong but from my perspective it seems like people arent doing this stuff for fun.  So it must be to hard and or not rewarding.  

Maybe make enemies scale up very slowly between rounds and or make the nice C rotation rewards show up alot sooner (like A rotation, i think this would encourage people to just stay and go as long as they can).  

I am focused on lua lens right now but after that I want to start running Pluto because you said its suppose to be good for credits.  But im sure it will be even less popular than Lua lol.  

Edited by (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Firstly I'd like to say I actually, really like the mechanics of the disruption game mode. It does a good job of scaling such that a team can gain a notable time advantage without explicit multipliers (Like fissures). There is plenty to do and when all the pathing bugs get sorted it'll be pretty much frustration-free fun for me.

But...

Let's talk about what the mechanics actually are:

• Each round you get a reward from a drop table that changes according to the wave number and the amount of conduits sucessfully defended
  • You get one reward per wave as long as at least one conduit is defended (Not one per conduit)
  • The reward tables are different and not a strict improvement over each other so it is distinctly possible that a team will want rewards from a limited set of drop tables, not just the highest

So let's look at what players told (I'm using little duck as reference because she is supposed to be on our side):

"Somthin' happens to the conduit before you can pull the goods, you don't get the goods, Ever."

So this is just false, each conduit does not get you a reward, you do not lose a reward if a conduit blows. You lose a reward if four conduits in a round blow. Think about this from the perspective of a newbie (E.G.) farming the new dethcube blueprints with their clan. The leader is telling them to let all but one conduit blow (To stay on table A) and the in-game dialogue is contradicting that.

So let's look at the "a conduit has blow" dialogue:

"Conduit destroyed, you won't be seeing those goods again"

Again this is just plain false, a single conduit blowing does not lose the player anything! Please do not give the player false advice that may even be in conflict with what the team leader is telling them to do, it's just causes friction and confuses new players.

• "Conduit Down. Look, Mumsie may have raised you belivin' winnin' aint the most important thing, but piece of advice... it is"
  • "Conduit blown, mate this is not how bills get paid"

Each of these it telling the player "You did something wrong" that the game mechanics are requiring you to do, in order to get your desired reward.  As a vet it just irritating but as a new player you are teaching them to ignore the instruction dialogue.

So to be constructive I'm going to suggest alternate dialogue, I'm no writer but hopefully it's enough to get the idea:

Intro:

• "The Conduits standin' at the end of the cycle determine what stuff we get. Let em all blow and we get nuffin'!"

The UI calls it a "round" not a "cycle" but "round" sounds 4th wall breaking and "cycle" sounds more diegetic IMHO

For the dialoge when a conduit blows:

• "Conduit down, I hope you meant to do that mate, we need some of them standin'"
  • "Conduit Blown. We're not going to get the top tier stuff if you keep that up"

And save the outright negative lines for a total conduit wipe. Alternately just strip the offending lines until you get the VA for Little Duck back in (who is fantastic BTW) and then redo these few lines

• Upvote 1

I love the Disruption game mode, the minor complaints I have, would be, would be the story "framing" the new missions and that finding the keys is a bit unintuitive/freewheeling.

Framing: OK, Alad wants even more data than his first test runs, I get this, but why would the other factions agree to set up "security systems" that make the Tenno just yell "challenge accepted" and come even more often? Sounds counter-inuitive 🙂. Perhaps make the conduits put out farther token/keys that can be "exchanged" at a vault in the level? How did the Infested get their hands on it? When it comes to thievery Little Duck isn't my first thought, why use her and not Maroo or Davo as narrators for this mission?

Finding keys: Perhaps let us hack terminals to get an idea in which direction the key bearer spawned?

Posted (edited)

The one complaint I really have for Disruption is this:

In order to access Tier A rewards, why do I have to intentionally fail to defend Conduits?

I've been using Disruption to farm Lith relics, but the only way to get Lith drops from Mars or Uranus Disruption nodes is to let 3 conduits blow for the first 3 rounds. After that, 1 conduit goes to Tier B rewards, which is Meso, so I have to leave and start the mission over.

Firstly, we're the Tenno. We're not supposed to fail, least of all on purpose.

Secondly, Little Duck keeps giving me a tongue-lashing for it, which gets annoying.

On 2019-10-05 at 7:14 AM, thor_sten said:

Framing: OK, Alad wants even more data than his first test runs, I get this, but why would the other factions agree to set up "security systems" that make the Tenno just yell "challenge accepted" and come even more often? Sounds counter-inuitive 🙂. Perhaps make the conduits put out farther token/keys that can be "exchanged" at a vault in the level? How did the Infested get their hands on it?

The framing is that Alad V is selling these conduits as vault security. He's either overconfident about their effectiveness, or else he's not entirely upfront with those he is selling to. Maybe even both.

Allegedly, the Infested got one because a ship/facility that had this new security system became overrun by Infested, so... they infested it.

On 2019-10-05 at 7:14 AM, thor_sten said:

When it comes to thievery Little Duck isn't my first thought, why use her and not Maroo or Davo as narrators for this mission?

I could see Maroo doing this, yeah. Maybe not Darvo.

But Little Duck works. She's something of a "secret agent super spy" sort of character. Does odd jobs for the right pay sorta thing.

Edited by DrakeWurrum

On 2019-10-06 at 7:53 AM, DrakeWurrum said:

The one complaint I really have for Disruption is this:

In order to access Tier A rewards, why do I have to intentionally fail to defend Conduits?

Firstly, we're the Tenno. We're not supposed to fail, least of all on purpose.

The Tenno did not fail, they successfully refused to take action, allowing the balance to be maintained, thereby ensuring the outcome they desired. 🤣

On 2019-10-12 at 9:37 AM, Aesthier said:

The Tenno did not fail, they successfully refused to take action, allowing the balance to be maintained, thereby ensuring the outcome they desired. 🤣

I'm just tired of Little Duck giving me lip for that choice, to be honest. Seems like there could be a more reasonable method of managing the reward tier than NOT participating in the mission objectives.

Please fix an issue on PS4 with Disruption on Lua where the timers stop for random players and then they don't get any rewards. Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't. Very frustrating trying to do 8 rounds and your friends screen or timer stop working on round 2 and they no longer get any rewards. The same thing happening in ESO for some time. Please address this issue. Other than that I have NO complaints with the game mode at all.

Disruption is almost one of the most fun game modes in the game.

But you completely ruin it with the damn Energy Drain debuff.  FFS, why are you so obsessed with ruining Ability centric frames and forcing people to use only meta frames with meta weapons?   This is fricking equivalent to a debuff that says "You cannot use weapons". 

(If anyone noticed,  I made the topic before noticing and deciding this would also be a good place for this feedback.)

Also, the credit disruption Laomedeia could stand to be slightly more rewarding.  I'd say keep the cache rewards as-is,  but maybe give suiciders a chance to drop an extra credit cache.   Or give suiciders their own drop table in general regardless of the specific mission,  that includes a 10-50k credit drop depending on rarity and how full of filler the drop table would be.  Bonus points being that that would make all disruption missions more rewarding and enjoyable. 

But first and foremost... Remove the damn energy drain.  It ruins the game mode and just further cripples ability frames when the game already goes out of its way to do that a lot.

I mean, for crying out loud they're already immune to most abilities and emit nullifier pulses.  Could you shaft abilities any harder?  Don't answer that... 

Edited by Kingsmount