Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Saint Of Altra General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

This thread will be used to house feedback on the additions, changes, and all other from Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.0.

If you are looking to provide feedback on the following subjects, please visit the dedicated threads:

Before posting feedback be sure to spend enough time with what you are commenting on! Once you feel you have, and would like to share your thoughts, expand the spoilers below for a fast guide from a Dev side to write good, useful feedback. A well constructed and thought out post is the way to go! 

Spoiler

1. Keep it simple
Write simple, directed points about the topic you feel strongly about. Remember to be constructive and to the point.

2. Back it up
Support your points with concrete points. X has better stats than Y. This ability is less useful when considering X. Provide in-game situational evidence or a solid foundation for your argument to rest upon.

3. Be polite

The best feedback occurs when two people discuss opposing viewpoints to find a constructive middle ground. Discussion is a natural part of feedback! Ensuring that it is polite and without personal attacks is key. We’re far less inclined to listen to feedback filled with personal attacks and rude speech. We are all trying our best!

The Forums can be an amazing tool when used correctly. We look forward to hearing your thoughts on Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.0. 

Was a bit disappointed that Lua lens grants even more Focus conversion, given that Eidolon lenses gives quite a bit of Focus conversion already. Instead, I would suggest that Lua lens grants Focus in two different schools, made with two different schools of Greater lenses and the same amount of Somatic fibers. This allows branching upgrades to lenses rather than a singular upgrade path, giving players a choice between more focused or more wider Focus conversion.

Please, PLEASE, revert the metallic changes you made. It singlehandedly has killed my desire to play the game, as so many of the frames I put hours of work into making look shiny and beautiful have lost the luster of the gold/accents. My favorite frame and skin, Inaros Ramses, is straight up just hard to look at now. Before it was reminiscent of King Tut's shining golden mask, why is it now dull and dingy?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Frostyinferno said:

Please, PLEASE, revert the metallic changes you made. It singlehandedly has killed my desire to play the game, as so many of the frames I put hours of work into making look shiny and beautiful have lost the luster of the gold/accents. My favorite frame and skin, Inaros Ramses, is straight up just hard to look at now. Before it was reminiscent of King Tut's shining golden mask, why is it now dull and dingy?

The whole thing just looks blown out as if they just cranked the ambient light to the max. I liked a nice range of darks, mids and highs and now everything looks flat. I turned down the brightness which helped a bit but I spent a lot of time playing with colors and whatnot and now every WF looks like crap. Hopefully DE reverts the changes.

• Like 4

I adore the updated Shawzin and almost everything else I've looked at thus far. My only current complaint is with the lighting. It's unbelievably bright most of the time, and metallic surfaces look more comparable to shiny plastics. I'm unclear on whether this is a bug, or if this is how this was intended to look. Either way, I'm sorry to be harsh, but to be completely honest I think it looks awful. I'm all for new lighting updates, and the stuff you guys showed off at Tennocon looked incredible, but this simply does not.

I don't wanna be dramatic about it, but I really don't want to look at this, and subsequently will not be playing the game much at all if this isn't reverted. A lot of places kinda hurt my eyes right now.

unknown.png

EDIT: Turns out this was almost certainly an accidental lighting effect, as the patches appear to have fixed the unreasonable brightness and strange metallic texturing. I've admittedly still got mixed feelings about the current state of the visual updates overall, but this is massively better than what I was initially posting here about. Thank you kindly for fixing it!

Edited by Neskah
Post-update patch addressed issue
  • Like 1

Normally, I'm a forum lurker, but the new lighting or whatever it is that was changed has led me here.

My girlfriend and I have spent a lot of money on this game, most of it for fashion-framing.

Please, please, please- revert or otherwise correct this graphics change.  My builds look horrible, my prime frames look like cheap toys, my expensive skins with metallic accents look flat and dead.

I am so utterly disheartened by this that I quit the game without even trying out the new disruption node.

Please fix this, DE.  I love this game, and hope to see this issue addressed.

• Like 1

Like many of the posts here I am so sad about the color/lighting changes. I already thought certain things were already a bit too shiny, but this is taking it to the extreme. My black Valkyr is now a weird blue yellow sheen and my prisma skin for my liset is a powder blue/white color..

Also super bummed about how some Tennogen stuff looks now. 

I feel confident DE will fix this but definitely wanted to add my experience here to help move that along. As dramatic as it sounds, this really does make the game hard to play and to look at..

• Like 1

This is an unpopular opinion but, would it be possible to keep the universal syndicate medallion to work only on the 6 main syndicates?

Expanding them to the rest of the syndicates will achieve nothing but to kill parts of the content that DE has fought so long to prevent from getting trivialized, for example, there will be no reason to run K-Drive races since players will be able to stock up on medallions and give them to rank up, just like it will allow players to rank up through conclave and get access to its rewards without ever playing it, which will only achieve its playerbase to drop even further which is concerning. 

I'd like to quote an old Tweet by @[DE]Pablo :

This movement goes completely against that statement and makes nothing to improve the experience of an already neglected part of the community, making it feel more like yet another kick in the teeth of those of us who enjoy PvP and regularly have to deal with the toxicity of the PvE playerbase towards the content we enjoy.

• Like 1

We can all agree that the metalic texture change is pretty bad, when it comes down to in game tilesets like LUA or the void it does look better ill give you that Steve, but for warframes and weapon textures they dont look so hot, entire skins and armour pieces were basicaly ruined especially tennogen and prisma armour sets/weapons. 

I was never realy into Fashion frame but seeing my warframes appearance being butchered like that is quite disapointing and unmotivating...

• Like 1

I would like for the ability to rebind the shawzin's controls in the Keybinds options menu.

Pressing Middle Mouse is difficult to do on the fly as that button has a ton of resistance, at least on my mouse, and rapidly switching between it and M1 and M2 is tedious and hurts my fingers. Plus when it gets hectic in that little minigame, I often accidentally mess with my DPI tuning buttons. I would like to be able to bind the frets to the arrow keys or the numpad.

First of all, haven't had much time to play the update yet but I love what I have played.

I only have one major point of feedback: Can we have custom key bindings for the Shawzin? I absolutely adore this thing but my mouse wheel doesn't have a "button" function (or if it does I've never gotten it to work) and unfortunately that means I have to make do with only two of the three available frets.

My mouse has plenty of other buttons I could map the frets to, but right now my ability to really go ham on the thing is limited because that functionality isn't available. If it is and I'm just blind as a bat, please direct me to it!

And as an aside- your sound team deserves a round of drinks and a raise. I have to actually try to make something that sounds like garbage on this thing. If I just doodle around normally everything sounds like I know what I'm doing. That's a hell of an accomplishment.

Thanks for the update!

almost the entire game seems overexposed currently. some places i'm not sure about, but in numerous types of locations it's definitely giving that impression.

the Orbiter is super overexposed, and a few different Tilesets i jumped into were also overexposed in varying degrees.
i can't fix it myself by fiddling with Brightness/Contrast/Dynamic Exposure - disabling Dynamic Exposure seems to have a large impact on it but ultimately it always still looks wrong.

not much to say about the rest of the game yet since that is so outstanding.

Edited by taiiat

Hi guys, can we get the option to apply Look Link to a configuration other than A? I really appreciate the ability to move cosmetic customizations into different configuration slots without having to painstakingly copy every attachment and color by hand, but only being able to apply the copy to configuration A severely handicaps this new feature. For instance, if I want the look in slot B to be my default, I can copy it into slot A, but not without losing what's already in slot A. If I could copy slot A into slot C, I could subsequently save it there and then copy slot B into slot A without losing anything. Thank you for all your hard work!

EDIT: Never mind actually, I'm being silly. I wasn't aware that there was already a feature allowing for swapping configurations.

Edited by FlavorSavior
  • Like 1

As has been said before already - new lighting is a mixed bag. I can't quite put my finger on all of it, but I feel there have been made a few really good graphical changes in there... somewhere. But I don't know exactly where. Lighting feels terrible right now, but I'm also seeing various objects having better contrast than before, and I got this weird feeling that some parts of my dojo looked much better than before. (The red maple trees seemed to look slightly better, though I'm still waiting to get back my previously lush, green maple trees) 

Like I said, it's really hard to put m finger on what exactly has been changed, and which part of these changes are good, and which are bad. I can usually provide more accurate feedback, but this, to me, is a case of "something seems to have changed across the entire game, but I'm not quite sure what". I just know my liset looks absolutely dreadful in the loading screens now.

I'm sure you guys will tweak this out sooner or later though, good luck with hotfixing and patches 🙂 

5 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

This is an unpopular opinion but, would it be possible to keep the universal syndicate medallion to work only on the 6 main syndicates?

Expanding them to the rest of the syndicates will achieve nothing but to kill parts of the content that DE has fought so long to prevent from getting trivialized, for example, there will be no reason to run K-Drive races since players will be able to stock up on medallions and give them to rank up, just like it will allow players to rank up through conclave and get access to its rewards without ever playing it, which will only achieve its playerbase to drop even further which is concerning. 

I'd like to quote an old Tweet by @[DE]Pablo :

This movement goes completely against that statement and makes nothing to improve the experience of an already neglected part of the community, making it feel more like yet another kick in the teeth of those of us who enjoy PvP and regularly have to deal with the toxicity of the PvE playerbase towards the content we enjoy.

I agree about the killing game mode part. As someone who has not touched conclave and who did not want to do so, now that there is another way of getting conclave standing (no matter how long the grind) I am not going anywhere near that game mode. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, kkert said:

killing game mode

I know there is a small part of the community who really enjoy pvp, I'm not sure though how much they actually want people in there, that hate playing it and just do it for the rewards. DE kinda allready stated that they'll keep it around and from my few ventures into pvp It didn't seem like a problem to get matches filled (except for Lunaro, the only pvp mode I actually would love to play more) so I'm not convinced that people that are only there to get the standing for cosmetics or mod completion, leaving will kill it.

The drop-rates for unique rewards in the new disruption nodes seem a bit too low to me. I'm not going to repeatedly play them if I'm just going to get random relics I don't need. Maybe that's just me but it doesn't currently  feel very rewarding compared to any other mission. Kuva is fine but the rest needs a little boost... anyone have any thoughts on this?