Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

(PC) Saint Of Altra General Feedback

[DE]Danielle

42 minutes ago, Vethalon said:

I know there is a small part of the community who really enjoy pvp, I'm not sure though how much they actually want people in there, that hate playing it and just do it for the rewards. DE kinda allready stated that they'll keep it around and from my few ventures into pvp It didn't seem like a problem to get matches filled (except for Lunaro, the only pvp mode I actually would love to play more) so I'm not convinced that people that are only there to get the standing for cosmetics or mod completion, leaving will kill it.

I find it funny how pvp stays around and untouched because a small community likes it and yet raids were basically nuked in the past cuz of the same reasoning. Not that I personally mind though, I will never get close to that game mode.

I made a thread about the fashion frame problems in here in case anybody wants to add input. This one problem did kill the mood for me to play really. Steve last night was streaming yapping about textures for a good chunk of the time and sounding pretty proud of the accomplishments... but I don't see it being anything close to an improvement.

Just now, Vethalon said:

I'm not convinced that people that are only there to get the standing for cosmetics or mod completion, leaving will kill it.

It might not completely kill it, however it has the potential to make finding matches actually hard since the game spreads an already small community in too many  player pools (6 regions × 4 game modes × 2 "tiers" = 48 different pools of which only 24 are available to players on syndicate rank 3 or higher) without a reliable way to find each other since we have an RNG matchmaking system (that only feeds the "nobody plays" feel) instead of a proper match finder/server browser.

So even if the removal of players is small, you can be sure that it might still be noticeable for an already small and fragmented community.

5 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

Expanding them to the rest of the syndicates will achieve nothing but to kill parts of the content that DE has fought so long to prevent from getting trivialized, for example, there will be no reason to run K-Drive races since players will be able to stock up on medallions and give them to rank up, just like it will allow players to rank up through conclave and get access to its rewards without ever playing it, which will only achieve its playerbase to drop even further which is concerning. 

I'd like to quote an old Tweet by @[DE]Pablo :

This movement goes completely against that statement and makes nothing to improve the experience of an already neglected part of the community, making it feel more like yet another kick in the teeth of those of us who enjoy PvP and regularly have to deal with the toxicity of the PvE playerbase towards the content we enjoy.

As someone who enjoys conclave and has seen DE's struggle to prevent players from trivializing the content they have developed, i'd like to ask them to reconsider this as well.

• Like 3

Sorry to say this, but the game is too bright and shiny after the update. And atleast with Ignis Wraith there is a really bright, kinda flickering orange effect (from heat damage I guess) on the floor and wall when killing enemies. For me this is a huge (possibly gamebreaking) issue because I have already turned down all the fancy effects, glare, bloom etc way before this update because bright lights actually hurt my eyes. Did a 5 minute survival and had to quit the game after that.

The Leviatran seems a bit sparce, a platform with smoke around.

Would be nice if you guys made something like a "Library" titleset with the items in there instead. And in the future, a way to interchange the entries withoutb us needing to get out and chose another frame in the codex, we could go directly from there.

Not having a character model is fine though.

• Like 2

The addition of disruption on different planets is really great, and i managed to get Gauss's parts in only 1 hour (of enjoyable grind). 

If you add new rewards frequently to this gamemode, it could become the mission to go.

However, like the previous comments, i have problems with the new brightness:

-the black colored floor in my orbiter became white/grey with the lights

-half of fashionframe looks cheap, no contrasts and one dimensionnal (poor mesa prime)

-grineer ships tielsets are darker than before (color correction on/off)

-adaptive exposure is still not fixed, making the blinding effect with the lighting even more horrible

Just revert the reflection and brightness on frames and in the orbiter, and it should be fine.

With the addition of the link config option, it'd be useful to have 2 new dedicated chat tabs ingame: one for fashion and one for builds.

Also, the texture and/or lighting changes have to be reverted, we don't need so much plastic in our lives.

I'm failing to see how this update is anywhere near a "mainline update", but that's on me apparently.
Besides that, 1 reward after 4 nodes is the only thing I don't like about it.
Some lights are kind of "this should not be this bright\clear\exposed", but maybe with FHD-4k textures it will be less visible.
The Leverian feels like a cheap way to badly tell a story but a great way to describe and show weapons, accessories and aesthetics with a narrating description of why they are like this. Quests were way more interesting and cool for warframes.

Edited by Namastyler

17 hours ago, ----Legacy---- said:

This is an unpopular opinion but, would it be possible to keep the universal syndicate medallion to work only on the 6 main syndicates?

Expanding them to the rest of the syndicates will achieve nothing but to kill parts of the content that DE has fought so long to prevent from getting trivialized, for example, there will be no reason to run K-Drive races since players will be able to stock up on medallions and give them to rank up, just like it will allow players to rank up through conclave and get access to its rewards without ever playing it, which will only achieve its playerbase to drop even further which is concerning. 

I'd like to quote an old Tweet by @[DE]Pablo :

This movement goes completely against that statement and makes nothing to improve the experience of an already neglected part of the community, making it feel more like yet another kick in the teeth of those of us who enjoy PvP and regularly have to deal with the toxicity of the PvE playerbase towards the content we enjoy.

I think the better alternative would be to make folks actually want to play conclave and make grinding all the different factions fun. Only then should they maybe look at tweaking the universal medallions imo. Even if they remove them now, if people were barely doing these activities before because they just couldn't be bothered, I honestly doubt that'd change once they removed universal medallions.

• Like 1

I think the leverian could be a little bit more.

While the voice acting is 10/10 the room it self looks like a place holder. (I guess it is since it wasn't mentioned in the update notes) There isn't much to do either.

It would be cool to see an actual scene with the warframe. Maybe letting us use the frame and it's weapons a little bit so we can understand better how the frame and its weapons work.

Just a few things other than the already mentioned graphical changes affecting everything metallic.

The Leverian:

Feels incomplete ,assuming it was shipped by mistake.

Its good though , some introduction is better than nothing,

but it needs an actual "location" instead of a nameless void to exist in - simaris would be the most obvious choice (not sure why he wasn't the primary candidate for this).

A "display " decoration just like the 3d models in the leverian would be something i would buy.

Disruption:

Definitely fun , but rewards are still lacking - decent relic farm i suppose.

Dojo Decorations:

Needs a separate infested tab,

The transparency needs to be lowered.

Like everyone else is mentionning, 
It will seem redundant BUT I dont really give a sh*t. 

REVERT THE LIGHTNING CHANGES !

I never even look at the forum threads etc. I just happen to have a WF Account because I am playing the game :Wow: :Amazed:
But this made me actually log in and answer a post on the forum.

I want my bling bling back, my frames and my ship look like Toys !

Stop disappointing me DE please

Its good, and I really like the Shawzin. But can you add like a bass effect to it, and maybe one more sting to it? And another awesome thing would be to have drums as well, It can have great potential for some dope contests with instruments

PLEASE rescind the graphics update! Ever since it's been introduced, my game's been consistently laggy to the point where I can't send invites anymore. Besides, its "improvements" are barely noticeable when you're focused on the actual gameplay and not on how the walls look (not to mention the walls looked just fine before).

The metallic changes look genuinely bad.  In game, it looks like all metallic/prisma surfaces are glossy plastic.  I'm not even sure I understand why anything is being changed, as looking at the demo in the forum patch notes, the left before square looks 10x better and shiny than the demo cube on the right.

The corpus locker decoration feels like a big deception. I was so excited to actually have a corpus locker in my orbiter/dojo and was so let down when I went to place it and it was only Noggle size. Who thought that was a good idea? Why not allow us to have a full size retro corpus locker? 

OXU6s7J.jpg

vor 2 Stunden schrieb AeliosZero:

The corpus locker decoration feels like a big deception. I was so excited to actually have a corpus locker in my orbiter/dojo and was so let down when I went to place it and it was only Noggle size. Who thought that was a good idea? Why not allow us to have a full size retro corpus locker? 

OXU6s7J.jpg

That's just plain stupid. Basically all the decorations previews lack any scale of reference, some don't even completely fit into the preview screen.

Also:
Sending the Link Look for Equinox (Prime) only has you showing the default skin, you can't link the Metamorphosis versions, even if chosen in the Arsenal.

I just couldn't resist. Had to have my own.

decolocker.png

Not even right for an Articula... must be a Noggle locker indeed.

articulalocker.png

Edited by BratwurstBob