Whispers in the Walls: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are they going to change titania's buffs?

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

She's a one ability warframe...while i'm fine with that

Still Having the option for 3 other useless abilities is unacceptable 

Tribute buffs that aren't dust are still awful...do not scale ...that if you need to scale garbage

Spellbind is ok for a CC and status immunity ability

But lantern literally counters this ability 

She needs a proper rework or adjustments 

• Like 11

I dunno I'd say she's more of a two ability Warframe.

She has Spellbind/Lantern which are just slight variants of the same ability and Razorwing. 

But yeah she could really use a real rework, unfortunately the last rework she got was essentially just QoL updates and not so much an actual rework. 

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Oreades said:

I dunno I'd say she's more of a two ability Warframe.

She has Spellbind/Lantern which are just slight variants of the same ability and Razorwing. 

But yeah she could really use a real rework, unfortunately the last rework she got was essentially just QoL updates and not so much an actual rework. 

14 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

All damage reflection in the game needs a rework, for sure.

Aside from her 4, which I would prefer not to have to use 24/7 anyway, she definitely need a real rework.

Btw is my tone a bit harsh?

People keep telling me this but idk

Maybe my way of reviewing warframe is a bit harsh

16 часов назад, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk сказал:

Tribute buffs that aren't dust are still awful...do not scale ...that if you need to scale garbage

Dust is garbage. It not even helping in the survival of razorfly.

16 часов назад, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- сказал:

Aside from her 4, which I would prefer not to have to use 24/7 anyway

I would prefer the opposite, is in archwing mode all the time. The best solution is to give the opportunity to choose between modes. 

Edited by zhellon

3 hours ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

Btw is my tone a bit harsh?

People keep telling me this but idk

Maybe my way of reviewing warframe is a bit harsh

Your tone doesn't seem over-the-top. It's fine.

1 hour ago, zhellon said:

I would prefer the opposite, is in archwing mode all the time. The best solution is to give the opportunity to choose between modes. 

The problem is she is already only even keeping up by depending on her 4 as it is which is why the rest of her isn't given a real fix. Looking at her entire kit, she's a support frame (with a damage ability). Except her has redundancy and underwhelming results aside from the one offsensive/survivability ability she has. 

If they fixed the rest of her to be useful, they could make her 4 like Wukong (after rework) where it's high cost, so effective in short bursts rather than on 24/7. Right now, she's useless without her 4, both to kill and to stay alive, because the rest of her kit simply doesn't work.

21 час назад, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- сказал:
The problem is she is already only even keeping up by depending on her 4 as it is which is why the rest of her isn't given a real fix. Looking at her entire kit, she's a support frame (with a damage ability). support frame (with a damage ability). Except her has redundancy and underwhelming results aside from the one offsensive/survivability ability she has.

I agree with that. I don't like people looking at damage despite its different set, but

21 час назад, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- сказал:
If they fixed the rest of her to be useful, they could make her 4 like Wukong (after rework) where it's high cost, so effective in short bursts rather than on 24/7. Right now, she's useless without her 4, both to kill and to stay alive, because the rest of her kit simply doesn't work.

I don't need Dex Pixia and Divata. I have more powerful weapons including archwing weapons. I would prefer to have the mechanics razorfly all the time. But I don't like the idea of archwing mode as a temporary ability. Eternal energy drain does not give the normal use of her other abilities. Good thing you mentioned Wukong. I want you to think of archwing mode as a unique mechanic, as a clone, not as a temporary measure, as a cloud. 

And if you want to see what Titania looks like, if you recycle her other abilities, then take Nidus. He has larvae, which is similar to razorfly. He has really good buffs. He has the ability to pull opponents. At this point, he might everything Titania can, only better. (of course, if you exclude archwing mode). Personally, I don't need a second nidus. Titania has a unique mechanics, need to build all her abilities under it.  Like I said, mode selection. Titania has at least 7 different things. Choosing a form like equinox seems to me the best solution for her, determining fast gameplay in archwing mode or slow in normal form.

8 hours ago, zhellon said:

if you want to see what Titania looks like, if you recycle her other abilities, then take Nidus.

Nah, she's not Nidus Lite. On two legs Titania is a squishy 'frame who relies on CC for survivability. And her CC is clunky and unreliable.

On two legs Titania is... Vauban, but worse. 😆

• Like 1

18 часов назад, OmegaVoid сказал:

Nah, she's not Nidus Lite. On two legs Titania is a squishy 'frame who relies on CC for survivability. And her CC is clunky and unreliable.

On two legs Titania is... Vauban, but worse. 😆

I compare her to nidus because her set is very similar.

I think the problem with abilities is not only their strength, but also their mechanics. Personally, I would be fine if I provided buffs within a radius of 3 meters, but at the touch of a button. It would be fun to play a real fairy that revolves around allies. I want the mechanics of it on the mobility of the archwing. And want more protection in her normal form. And by protection, I mean protection, not control and butterflies. After all, I don't think people would mind if Titania got a lot more EHP in normal form and endless archwing with a very weak EHP. This will lead to the fact that the exit from archwing mode will be the best solution when there is no room for maneuvering and protection with the help of mobility. I know that the topic of the equinox, but it works and I think it will look good on Titania. (For example, it would be fun to give Titania 250 armor, but to make the archwing mode reduce armor by providing some mobility buffs and increased weapon damage based on lost armor. It's cool, more builds, more features. )

Edited by zhellon

2 hours ago, zhellon said:

I compare her to nidus because her set is very similar.

Well, Nidus's Larva is rather similar to Vortex anyway. But otherwise?

Parasitic Link makes Nidus immune to Status. Titania can gain Status-immunity from Spellbind (if she can find something to cast it on), so there's one point of similarity.

Parasitic Link also allows Nidus to tank damage. Titania has no Damage Reduction abilities (and neither does Vauban).

It can also allow Nidus to buff allies' Ability Strength; Titania can debuff enemies, but (except companions' damage) cannot buff allies (and neither can Vauban).

Ravenous gives Nidus a healing capability. Titania has no healing Ability (and neither does Vauban).

Nidus can constantly increase his own potency using Mutation Stacks. Titania has no self-buffing scaling capability (and neither does Vauban).

Nidus is a camp-and-tank 'frame. Titania cannot tank, so camping increases risk to her (her CC should offset this, but it's unrealiable).

Not very similar to Nidus, either in Abilities, or how they are played, as far as I can see.

Similar to Vauban?

Both Titania and Vauban are squishy, due to having little Armor: 65 and 50 respectively (Nidus has 450, is not so squishy).

Given that the benefit of Tribute buffs is minor, Titania has Abilities which disable enemies in a small or large group (Spellbind and Lantern).

Vauban has Tesla which (when charged) reliably disables small groups by electric proc, and Bastille and Vortex which cover larger areas.

Outside of Razorwing, Titania must dodge, hide, use cover, and attempt to CC enemies with her abilities before they have the chance to flatten her. Vauban plays similarly.

The crucial differences being that Vauban's CC is far, far more reliable than Titania's...

...and that Titania has Razorwing!!!!!!! 🤣

6 hours ago, zhellon said:

it would be fun to give Titania 250 armor, but to make the archwing mode reduce armor

Maybe. I'd rather she had a damage-mitigation ability than use an Armor mod which would be wasted in Razorwing.

Since the one thing this forum is really lacking is players spitballing Titania rework ideas... (/irony)
here's one from me:

Lose Tribute. So sad. buh-bye.
(Actually, although the buffs aren't awesome, the outline it puts on the enemies makes them way easier to spot, so I'd kind of miss that bit, but oh well.)

Combine Lantern and Spellbind:
The Lantern is fixed in place.
All enemies within the radius are entranced -- no more enemies standing right next to the Lantern and shooting me. Thanks.
Titania and allies gain Status-immunity when within the radius of the Ability.
Can be cast on objects (Storage Containers, Mobile Defense Consoles, etc) which will not entrance enemies, but will provide the status-immunity.
Only one Lantern at a time.

The upshot: this opens the way to range-focused builds instead of Duration/Strength/Efficiency being the sole concerns.
Now it's reliable CC, multiple lanterns would be OP cheese for Interceptions, MD, and the like. Hence back down to one.

Razorwing, Razorfiles, and Exalted Weapons become three separate abilities.
Because her present One Great Trick actually has three aspects.
Also, should reduce the time investment needed for such a rework.

Razorflies:
Similar to now but independant of being in Razorwing or not, but each Razorfly also gives Titania some damage reduction (a bit like Null Stars on Nova).
Damage dealt by Titania while any Razorflies are active restores lost Razorfly health.
When all active Razorflies are at full health, Titania's damage builds up a reserve pool of health for Razorflies.
If any Razorfly takes non-lethal damage it is healed from that reserve health pool.
If the reserve health pool accumulates health equal to one Razorfly's health, ping! a new Razorfly appears (subject to a cap).
When the cap is reached and all Razorflies are at full health, Titania's damage dealt no longer contributes to the Razorflies' reserve health pool (just so you can't find a nice sniping spot and store up a couple hours' worth of guaranteed DR).
Damage dealt by the Operator does not contribute to the Razorflies' health in any way. (No sneaking aound in Void Mode to get her DR back up before transferring back in!)
Damage dealt by Dex Pixia gets a small bonus to the Razorflies' health restoration, and Diwata gets a larger bonus (Diwata needs something going for it).
Damage to enemies affected by Lantern has no benefit to Razorflies' health pool (too cheesy, otherwise).
I suggest Razorflies' health to scale off Power Strength, but the restoration of their health does not scale; in high levels you'd need them to take more damage to be useful, but you'd also need to deal more damage to get them back to full health.
I'd suggest balancing the damage required to restore razorflies' health should be balanced around the higher end of the game's damage spectrum.
Recasting?
Maybe cannot be recast while any Razorfly is still active. (Gotta keep damaging to get 'em back!)
Or maybe recast only heals all remaining Razorflies to full health (gotta gauge if it's worth it!)

The upshot: DR allows her to be more aggressive, and doing so preserves that DR. But if she gets too reckless, she risks losing the DR and getting rekt.

Razorwing:
Just like now, but doesn't summon Razorflies or Exalted Weapons.
Gains mobility, at the expense of Energy drain and loss of capability to regen Energy.
Interact with objects while in Razorwing? Meh, whatever.
Transfer to Operator while in Razorwing? Meh, whatever.

Not much to say; you either appreciate mini-Archwinging around, or you don't. Titania's viability currently hinges on Razorwinging; this rework suggestion (if properly balanced) should change that due to improved Lantern and addition of razorfly DR.

Exalted Weapons:
Just like now, but not dependent on Razorwing.
If summoned while not in Razorwing, does she stay normal-sized?
I'm kind of in favour of shrinking her down. She gains the damage/infinite ammo of Dex Pixia at the expense of having a less conducive field of fire.
Can she interact with terminals etc? Maybe, if she jumps up to the right height 😆

I think this rework approach would improve flexibility and viability for Titania outside of Razorwing, but dev's gonna do what they wanna do anyway.

And I haet typing, so I'ma leave it at that.

Edited by OmegaVoid
  • Like 1

I absolutely love Titania just because she can fly. Its what it makes her unique.

So if u dont like razorwing mode, just pick another frame and stop telling that razorwing mode must be used just for short bursts or something. Its her only good ability, so dont change it Dx

• Like 2

On 2019-08-29 at 11:22 AM, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

She's a one ability warframe...while i'm fine with that

Still Having the option for 3 other useless abilities is unacceptable 

Tribute buffs that aren't dust are still awful...do not scale ...that if you need to scale garbage

Spellbind is ok for a CC and status immunity ability

But lantern literally counters this ability 

She needs a proper rework or adjustments 

Lantern and Spellbind need to stop the ragdoll effect and they would be acceptable, Tribute is just unreliable as the buffs depend on the enemy class, also, Spellbind needs to be some kind of projectile so you can cast it at will without the need for a pinpoint accurate aimed target.

Edited by VanFanel1980mx

2 hours ago, Gaxxian said:

I absolutely love Titania just because she can fly. Its what it makes her unique.

So if u dont like razorwing mode, just pick another frame and stop telling that razorwing mode must be used just for short bursts or something. Its her only good ability, so dont change it Dx

I never said anything about that

I love titania because she's the only somewhat insect themed warframe

And her 4th ability satisfies all my insectoid fantasies 

But i want her other abilities to be good as well

Got Titania recently and played around little:

1) Spellbind has low radius, so its situational CC. Using it for status immunity requires your group to cooperate with you heavily (won't happen in randoms).

2) Tribute is very original idea, but as others said most buffs are useless. Dust (and maybe the slowing one) is the only one that seems usefull, but still feels weak (% wise).

3) Lantern - from my observation - seems VERY bugged and unreliable.

a) it has low radius and when the "lantern" floats into air, it is even worse to reach targets

b) some enemies just ignore it, no idea why

c) it sometimes vanishes/ends very prematurely, I haven't figured out why, maybe it gets killed (even if its supposed to be immune)

d) "charging" the 3 button is supposed to blow it up, sometimes it just do nothing, no idea why

4) Razorwing - is fine signature I guess, problem is that weapon damage in this game is out of control, so there is realy no point to use it, unless you need to "fly" somewhere

This is realy problem of weapon damage overall, not of this ability, this affect many abilities of other frames as well.

Edited by Karzakeno

vor 22 Stunden schrieb zhellon:

For example, it would be fun to give Titania 250 armor, but to make the archwing mode reduce armor by providing some mobility buffs and increased weapon damage based on lost armor. It's cool, more builds, more features.

I really like this idea. This would give her a nice balance between offensive and defensive and could also work with my suggestion:

Give her an exalted Archwing, which is modabble. Low eHP and Dex Pixia and Diwata can stay, but should be considered weapons and not Abilities. Maybe give her the option to select one ranged and one melee archwing for her Razorwing mode and make dex pixia and diwata her signature archwing weapons. A seperate form would also benefit her in open world as you wouldn't be one-shotted by anti-air towers.

Lantern mainly needs to be reliable and not floating off to space. Design wise it is a good Ability, it just dosen't function well. It could use a bigger radius for the Razorflies.

Spellbind should always hit yourself and needs a faster casting animation.

Tribute is nice froma design perspective, but needs a rework to actually be significant. I will come back for my thougths on this later, after getting back home. (For every one knowing Monster Hunter, she wil become the Insect Glaive ^^)

• Like 1

21 час назад, OmegaVoid сказал:

Gains mobility, at the expense of Energy drain and loss of capability to regen Energy.

This is one of the main problems with razorwing. People who want fly simply suffer from shortage of energy and restrictions on builds. 

22 часа назад, OmegaVoid сказал:

Exalted Weapons:

Pixia Dex with no problems. Just rework the model Dual Decurion and Titania will be able to use it in a normal form.

There is some problem with Divata, because it uses a unique mechanic, unique to archwing. There are two ways to do this: 1) keep its unique style and rework it a bit so that it can be used for normal mode (this mechanics would be useful for Atlas as well, so as not to press all the time 1. ) 2) Make Divata similar to the style that swords use. This is a simpler and more efficient way, as you can get rid of a lot of errors using a working system.

But, as I wrote, I would prefer to get rid of them and leave in the form of conventional or archwing weapons. The usual ability to boost gun damage is a much better alternative to boost DPS. And I think an ability like rhino's roar would highlight her support stylistics much more than a powerful unique weapon. But this is an opinion. The main thing is that it no longer limited razorwing in the choice of weapons. Nothing else matters. You still don't need 100500 DPS in most of the content. I don't think Titania will go nuke mechanics. People choose tanks and support because they don't need to worry about being killed, as tanks and support have excellent control or self-defense abilities. Titania has a good defensive ability is razorfly. Dex Pixia doesn't make sense in most of the game and at 100% power it has the same DPS as Phaedra. You know, Phaedra is not the most popular weapon.

I am back with my rework idea for Tribute :

• I like the idea of getting different buffs from different enemies, but I think you should be rewarded for getting all of them
  • Fairy Dust can stay, maybe getting more then 50%
  • Entangle should also lower Attack speed (melee and ranged)
  • Thorns should either make enemies vulnerable to melee damage or give a chance to proc slash on melee attack (from all melee sources, including companions,weapons, exalted weapons)
  • Full Moon won't give you a buff , but will heal everyone (including companions, NPC, Objects...) in Range upon pickup (Health and/or shields)
  • While having the first 3 Buffs (no Full Moon) the Tributes will be enhanced
    • Fairy Dust let enemies deal less damage
    • Entangle gives you and your allies the Dust Bloom buff (so she can have a new passive that also works in Razorwing)
    • Thorns will also work for ranged and ability attacks
    • Full Moon will heal for a greater amount
  • as a bonus a hold function would be nice to send out your Razorflies to auto-attack enemies and bring back their soul
    • on max rank you send 12 Razorflies out, each seeking a different target
    • each deals the damage Tribute deals and will weaken surviving enemies
    • after one attack they will come back and bring the souls with them
    • casting this will interrupt everything adn should have a longer cast duration as you will most likely get all buffs at once

As for Diwata and Dex Pixia, make them her signature weapons would probably be the bestsolution, so you can play her the way you want :

Dex Pixia becoming Secondary weapons, when Titania wields them they have ammo-mutation

Diwata becomes a one-handed sword or Heavy blade (depending on the actual size), when Tiatnia wields it she can dash to enemies using secondary attack

3 часа назад, Naneel сказал:

I am back with my rework idea for Tribute

To be honest, I don't like the current buff system. Buffs should encourage team play, now you need to compete with allies to get buffs for the whole team. (because no one will have to wait until you find the right mob, especially nukers). That's not good. It will always be easier to take a proper buff frame that just presses a button. Therefore, Titania will always lose even with powerful buffs. And a Buff frame that plays alone to get team buffs is a paradox.

3 часа назад, Naneel сказал:

Dex Pixia becoming Secondary weapons, when Titania wields them they have ammo-mutation

Leave the battery system. Let Titania get a bonus to the battery recharge delay.

vor einer Stunde schrieb zhellon:

Leave the battery system. Let Titania get a bonus to the battery recharge delay.

If this is a possibility, I thought all weapons use ammo.

vor einer Stunde schrieb zhellon:

To be honest, I don't like the current buff system. Buffs should encourage team play, now you need to compete with allies to get buffs for the whole team. (because no one will have to wait until you find the right mob, especially nukers). That's not good. It will always be easier to take a proper buff frame that just presses a button. Therefore, Titania will always lose even with powerful buffs. And a Buff frame that plays alone to get team buffs is a paradox.

I understand your point, but I like frames that are a bit different and bit more complex then press a button ^^.

41 минуту назад, Naneel сказал:

I understand your point, but I like frames that are a bit different and bit more complex then press a button ^^.

You press the button aiming at the enemy and go to collect loot. That's what 100% of newbies do. Can I something not understand, but this difficult?

44 минуты назад, Naneel сказал:

If this is a possibility, I thought all weapons use ammo.

On 2019-09-02 at 4:52 PM, zhellon said:

This is one of the main problems with razorwing. People who want fly simply suffer from shortage of energy and restrictions on builds.

Well, my rework suggestion splits Razorwing from the Exalted Weapons and from the Razorflies. It's implicit that Energy cost of Razorwing should be reduced in that case since you get less in return. But as it is now...

My present Razorwing build has only 85% Efficiency, but 223% Duration; I very rarely have to drop out of Razorwing, provided I kill-kill-kill and pop open a few Storage Containers on the way past (gotta keep them Energy Orbs dropping!) Razorwing costs me 2.58 Energy/second (from a maximum Energy pool of 638).

Swapping out my rank 8 Blind Rage for maxed Primed Continuity would get me 278% Duration and 130% Efficiency, bringing it down to 1.26 Energy/second. That's a lot of Razorwing time, especially with Primed Flow slotted! But that brings Strength down from 225% to 144%, which would hurt my Exalted Weapons.

Dex Pixia doesn't make sense in most of the game and at 100% power it has the same DPS as Phaedra. You know, Phaedra is not the most popular weapon.

Phaedra is lame in Archwing for sure (Cyngas crushes it for long-range targets, Grattler is better for close-range, and Fluctus is just cheese! Though I'm comparing unpotatoed weapons here; Archwing enemies simply don't require full builds). As a Heavy Weapon (and separately against Profit Taker, where Status doesn't matter) IDK about Phaedra's DPS but it's only available for short periods anyway, isn't it?

Besides, if you care about damage.... you don't build for only 100% Strength! 😆

Dex Pixia you have for as long as you can keep your Energy up. It has unlimited ammo, it rewards accuracy and short, controlled bursts... but will choke if you spray-and-pray. And at present it automatically benefits from the vantage points enabled by Razorwing.

I am a player of very average skills, but if I wind up in a PUG with a Mesa, Saryn, etc. my Titania does not embarass herself on the kills. So to say Dex Pixia doesn't make sense doesn't agree with my experiences. I admit it has taken a considerable investment in Forma and Mods to achieve this, but that's the price of love. 😄

There is some problem with Divata, because it uses a unique mechanic, unique to archwing.

Yes, and it's why 34% Range on my Razorwing build isn't a problem; Diwata can zip me right up to any enemy I might want to cast on. Though since I don't normally use Razorwing Blitz, I wouldn't often cast anything from Razorwing anyway. 😉

Also, Diwata works quite well with Healing Return (a mod that implicity doesn't want you to one-shot the enemy). Which is arguably better than Life Strike if you want to conserve your energy for Razorwing. It's why I don't complain about Diwata's relatively modest damage.

But yes, to use Diwata outside of Razorwing, it would need a stance. It'd be cool if Charge attacks would zip you to the enemy in that case, as it does in Razorwing (like having a built-in Rift Strike effect).

Not sure how I feel about the idea of making them signature weapons. She'd need a damage-buffing Ability to bring them back up to their present level (or I'd want my damn Forma back! 😆). But...

I think an ability like rhino's roar would highlight her support stylistics much more than a powerful unique weapon.

Hmm... Beyond Roar...

Rhino has Stomp, an AoE CC which is not 100% because enemies entering its area after the cast are unaffected. Titania has Lantern, an AoE CC which can entrance enemies enering its area during its duration, but does not have 100% effectiveness. Okay, Stomp deals a bit of damage, but Lantern has a wider radius.

Rhino has Rhino Charge; in Razorwing, Titania can use her melee to similar effect.

Two Warframes might have one ability which achieves something similar, but I think this might be a bit much overlap.

As for Iron Skin. It gives Rhino greatly-increased eHP and Status-immunity. By comparison, Razorflies mean Titania doesn't get shot at much, and the present Dust buff from Tribute on average halves the amount of hits she takes. If she does pick up a proc, she can clear it with Spellbind.

At high levels Titania's Razorflies and Dust buff are just delaying the inevitable, while Rhino could still be going strong. But at low levels Titania would be kind of a Rhino with the added power of flight.

her support stylistics

Not really sure why anyone calls her a "support"; she debuffs enemies, but then so does Molecular Prime, and nobody calls Nova a "support" 'frame. 😕