Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL: What Do You Think Is The Most Important Aspect For Warframe?

VotumPrime

Graphics & Art/Music

It feels like the developers focus on this a lot and fashionframe is also what brings in the money too. Some music and soundtracks may also become iconic, where people instantly know what game it is from just hearing it. While lots of people judge games harshly on the way they look before they actually play it, what most important thing to you in a game?

Gameplay & Mechanics

We already know they've nailed the gameplay and mechanics of the game down. We can do so much with it but do you think it can be taken a step further and be improved even more? Is this what's most important to you in a game?

Story & Content/Game Modes

What contributed greatly to the success of games like the Halo franchise was its it's dynamic story following the Master Chief and the lively characters around him as well as the enemies he faces, but it's also cause of the introduction of many game modes like infection and forge mode which allows players to create their own custom map and game modes that allowed the game to have lots of replay value and also allowed content creators to create Machinimas or shows like Red VS Blue, Arby n the Chief, and etc which revolves around the game which helps to further promote it. 

But do you think this is the most important thing for you in a game?

Community

Sometimes it's not the graphics, gameplay, or story that makes the game fun for you, but the really crazy, lively, and funny people that you meet in games that keep you coming back and playing it just so you can talk to them. Although discord has taken over that aspect completely and now you can chat and talk to them without even getting on the game, it's still very different than being in the game and playing together while chatting. The interactions between people. Good and bad. The drama, the laughter and the tears. 

Is community the most important thing for you in a game?

-------------------------------------------

Think about all these things and then take a vote: https://www.strawpoll.me/18561506/

2 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

This may or may not influence DE's current focus for Warframe. Which seems to be graphics and art at the moment.

Well seeing how Railjack and New War brings new tile sets and new enemies, it makes you wonder why those two are a priority 

Gameplay and lore should be the main focus, imo. Sure, everything is important as all gears are important to make the clock work in a fluid way, but if there isn't a sense of accomplishment and reward there's only so much time a player will endure playing it before he gets burned out.

I also think DE should make a huge resource overhaul. In the way they work, not just a "tone down" in quantities. Currently most heavy grind items (Traditional example being Hema) are made to fight veteran stockpiling, which is also a factor in that class's boredom, but not only are they not effective in doing so, they even make up a huge and unnecessary burden on the resource-less newbie. And this should be done for yesterday imho.

Edited by (PS4)Hikuro-93
  • Like 2

37 minutes ago, Hyro1 said:

Well seeing how Railjack and New War brings new tile sets and new enemies, it makes you wonder why those two are a priority 

Probably to attract the casuals who are attracted to art. A lot of people who play Destiny and Destiny 2 play it for its aesthetics cause it looks good and then they see Warframe and laugh at it just because of the graphics. =/

1 minute ago, YazMatazO said:

Gameplay/Mechanics. 

Obviously. 

I wouldn't say they've 'nailed' it down, though. It's good. But it's also kind of basic for the most part. 

What more can be done to improve it and take it to the next level? It's already super dynamic compared to other games out there. There are just so many ways to approach and tackle the enemy or complete an objective, with all the different builds, warframes, arcanes, weapons, mods, and focus, the combinations and things you can be pretty crazy and broken.

5 minutes ago, VotumPrime said:

There are just so many ways to approach and tackle the enemy or complete an objective, with all the different builds, warframes, arcanes, weapons, mods, and focus, the combinations and things you can be pretty crazy and broken.

Ehh... not really. 

Many weapons' builds are quite similar. Most of the frames don't really have a great kit in terms of active gameplay/synergy - not talking about performance in terms of farming. Some people would say Saryn's kit is all about synergy but I'd argue over that because it's forced, and you have to use it in a certain order, over and over again. There's also a good deal of automation present among those kits, as well. Take Revenant or Nekros, for example. A lot of the game seems to revolve around armour stripping but there isn't anything that benefits from targets having their armour on. 

I could go on. But the point I want to make here is that Warframe is not very well accustomed to dealing in trade offs - something that is paramount to having build variety and game longevity both. Warframe somehow deals in absolutes. This is as much the developer's fault as it is the community's.

On 2019-08-29 at 5:14 PM, YazMatazO said:

Ehh... not really. 

Many weapons' builds are quite similar. Most of the frames don't really have a great kit in terms of active gameplay/synergy - not talking about performance in terms of farming. Some people would say Saryn's kit is all about synergy but I'd argue over that because it's forced, and you have to use it in a certain order, over and over again. There's also a good deal of automation present among those kits, as well. Take Revenant or Nekros, for example. A lot of the game seems to revolve around armour stripping but there isn't anything that benefits from targets having their armour on. 

I could go on. But the point I want to make here is that Warframe is not very well accustomed to dealing in trade offs - something that is paramount to having build variety and game longevity both. Warframe somehow deals in absolutes. This is as much the developer's fault as it is the community's.

I guess you might be right. But I don't know how else they can fix this.

The fun. 6 years and still having a good time with the game. Whenever I get bent at Dev actions, I take a break, but then Im back to see how it worked out and generally pleased(except huge nerfs coughEmberNyxMirageEtccough) I dont know what the precise thing is that makes it fun. I do know this is the only shooter style game I even enjoyed. I do know this game has kept my interest the second most amount of time(and closing in on first quickly) I have ever spent at one game. And to try and pin it down to one thing? If I HAVE to, I would throw out that the devs play what they build and build for what's fun to them. And the perfectionism they show in the streams like with Scott - "look at those shadows" - speaks volumes more than anything you have listed. It says that, with as corny as this sound, this is a labor of love to the dev team. I get so tired of devs who are just there for the paycheck. I watched that attitude destroy Dungeons and Dragons Online. I've watched WoW go from a good game to a massive stretch limo with everything rusting off of it leaving you with the feeling that, yes it's junk, but it's a limo! Still junk. And Warframe is far superior in 90% of the aspects that make a good game than anything else I see out there.

On 2019-08-29 at 10:50 PM, VotumPrime said:

Probably to attract the casuals who are attracted to art. A lot of people who play Destiny and Destiny 2 play it for its aesthetics cause it looks good and then they see Warframe and laugh at it just because of the graphics. =/

People prefer Destiny 2 because you have to aim and you can die.

People prefer Warframe because you can spam maiming strike, spamming Aoe abilities, it's hard to die and it's free.

So yes the most and only important aspect of WF is that it's F2p.

Edited by bibmobello

Personally after reaching a certain level of graphics (which it was before this update, which seems to have ruined the graphical aspect of the game ) it should be about gameplay mechanics - this needs to be kept stable for a sufficiently long time and only changed when the current playstyle starts becoming tedious.

Story and content is something that needs to evolve organically and needs to be continually updated. 

On 2019-08-29 at 4:50 PM, VotumPrime said:

Filthy casuals! Not like the veteran hardcore players, who matter waaay more and are totes non-toxic. Who never whine about a lack of content or their needs not being met.

I mean, who would even want to be a casual, having no life is so much better.

(I'm a no-life vet, but making playing casually some sort of negative is ridic.)

It is, y'know, a video game.

Plus one can tie most of its issues into deviating away from the core triad of moving, shooting and abilities and into 'hey lets make everything take as little effort as possible' and the Devs kind of dragging their feet on the pruning necessary to keep the garden of good design. So that's ultimately the most important element.

Ninjas Play Free. It can't be more accurate than that.

Only we don't clear rooms ninja-like at all. But any player who bother to play the market will really play the game for free. So the gameplay and the mighty platinum is what WF is under the hood.

1 hour ago, SpicyDinosaur said:

Filthy casuals! Not like the veteran hardcore players, who matter waaay more and are totes non-toxic. Who never whine about a lack of content or their needs not being met.

I mean, who would even want to be a casual, having no life is so much better.

(I'm a no-life vet, but making playing casually some sort of negative is ridic.)

You're a spicy dinosaur.

Looks like everyone wants better gameplay mechanics and more story and lore. But they've really half-assed the lore stuff for the Leverian. The lorists in the game are extremely disappointed cause Simaris was supposed to be the lore guy and yet DE has this tendency to forget about old characters and completely move on from them without fleshing out their characters and going in-depth into their past. =/

And maybe it's just Steve, but they seem to be super focused on graphics.

Edited by VotumPrime

On 2019-08-29 at 3:32 PM, VotumPrime said:

Graphics & Art/Music

It feels like the developers focus on this a lot and fashionframe is also what brings in the money too. Some music and soundtracks may also become iconic, where people instantly know what game it is from just hearing it. While lots of people judge games harshly on the way they look before they actually play it, what most important thing to you in a game?

Gameplay & Mechanics

We already know they've nailed the gameplay and mechanics of the game down. We can do so much with it but do you think it can be taken a step further and be improved even more? Is this what's most important to you in a game?

Story & Content/Game Modes

What contributed greatly to the success of games like the Halo franchise was its it's dynamic story following the Master Chief and the lively characters around him as well as the enemies he faces, but it's also cause of the introduction of many game modes like infection and forge mode which allows players to create their own custom map and game modes that allowed the game to have lots of replay value and also allowed content creators to create Machinimas or shows like Red VS Blue, Arby n the Chief, and etc which revolves around the game which helps to further promote it. 

But do you think this is the most important thing for you in a game?

Community

Sometimes it's not the graphics, gameplay, or story that makes the game fun for you, but the really crazy, lively, and funny people that you meet in games that keep you coming back and playing it just so you can talk to them. Although discord has taken over that aspect completely and now you can chat and talk to them without even getting on the game, it's still very different than being in the game and playing together while chatting. The interactions between people. Good and bad. The drama, the laughter and the tears. 

Is community the most important thing for you in a game?

-------------------------------------------

Think about all these things and then take a vote: https://www.strawpoll.me/18561506/

They did nail combat down.  In the past 18-24 months we’ve seen them deviate from it for various reasons.

Open world boss fights with large damage-gated enemies and open world ancillary farming (and non-farming) activities and now Railjack are evidence of this trend.

If good ole’ fashion power-fantasy space ninja combat incorporating EVERYTHING mentioned in your poll is why you became a huge fan like me, the trends above have often served to dilute and diminish the brand.

Hopefully the melee rework being so long and arduous is an attempt to modernize and improve on it (yes, yes, Melee fans, I KNOW...TRUST ME I KNOW) with the utmost care and effort.

Because in the end, without the beauty, power, and engaging gameplay that tried-and-true space ninja combat offers while being relevant to the “shooter-looter” equation, it won’t matter how many fish you catch, rocks you mine, snowboarding tricks you pull, Pokémon you save, puzzles you solve, ships you fly, or plants you gather.

Without engaging and relevant core-combat, there won’t be a Warframe...whether the game continues or not.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

They did nail combat down.  In the past 18-24 months we’ve seen them deviate from it for various reasons.

Open world boss fights with large damage-gated enemies and open world ancillary farming (and non-farming) activities and now Railjack are evidence of this trend.

If good ole’ fashion power-fantasy space ninja combat incorporating EVERYTHING mentioned in your poll is why you became a huge fan like me, the trends above have often served to dilute and diminish the brand.

Hopefully the melee rework being so long and arduous is an attempt to modernize and improve on it (yes, yes, Melee fans, I KNOW...TRUST ME I KNOW) with the utmost care and effort.

Because in the end, without the beauty, power, and engaging gameplay that tried-and-true space ninja combat offers while being relevant to the “shooter-looter” equation, it won’t matter how many fish you catch, rocks you mine, snowboarding tricks you pull, Pokémon you save, puzzles you solve, ships you fly, or plants you gather.

Without engaging and relevant core-combat, there won’t be a Warframe...whether the game continues or not.

Yes. This is why the gameplay and mechanics have the most votes right now. But personally I long to see story and content that rivals Halo and I also want to see player made content like what forge mode brought to the Halo games.

Combat is perfect but it still feels like something is missing from Warframe as a whole.

1 minute ago, peterc3 said:

Meaningless polls from a fraction of a fraction of the player base.

Why thank you for contributing, Peter. Your comments are certainly worth more than these meaningless votes and polls from a fraction of a fraction of the player base. What's more is that we know you aren't just saying it to farm some reputation, but you say it because you truly care. Thank you, Peter.