Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

People wasting time in Fissures.

(PSN)Wanderkrowe

I can't be the only one annoyed by this. Now, I don't know what it's like over on PC-land but people on playstation are often insufferable in fissures.
I'm not talking about people who simply can't keep up. I'm talking about people looting and deliberately messing around. This happens far too many times.
You could make the argument that I have no right to tell people how to play the game but I disagree. Fissures have a very specific goal and people shouldn't be held up by one guy who is still at the phase of the game where he's looting in every random mission or by trolls.

Think about this. A capture fissure can be done within less than 2 minutes on a good pace so every minute wasted on waiting at the extraction point so that one guy can loot to his heart's content is a half or a third of a completed mission. That REALLY adds up when you're trying to marathon fissures.

"Then play solo or with a pre-made group if you are so bothered by a couple minutes."
Yea, soloing would be great if it weren't so much less efficient and really? Do I seriously have to whip up a group every time I feel like opening random relics? Let's not joke now.

I really feel like something has to be done about this. It's to the point I'd rather go into a defense fissure just to spare me the headache even if it's so much slower.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

I'm talking about people looting and deliberately messing around. This happens far too many times.

This happens on PC too. But this is just part of the game, get over it. If you don’t like it run a premade Squad.

• Not everyone wants to “marathon fissures”, keep that in mind.

I do feel like this gets worse when you get NW challenges like open X number of lockers etc.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, krc473 said:

This happens on PC too. But this is just part of the game, get over it. If you don’t like it run a premade Squad.

• Not everyone wants to “marathon fissures”, keep that in mind.

I do feel like this gets worse when you get NW challenges like open X number of lockers etc.

Regardless of whether somebody is marathoning or not the point of a fissure is to open a relic. End of story. If you want to loot then do it outside of fissures.
I have already said my piece about the pre-made argument. That's a bloody joke.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Regardless of whether somebody is marathoning or not the point of a fissure is to open a relic. End of story. If you want to loot then do it outside of fissures.
I have already said my piece about the pre-made argument. That's a bloody joke.

Why do you think you are allowed to tell others how to play? Because that is what you are doing. If someone wants to open relics and do other objectives they can. They are allowed to.

The people peacefully doing the mission are not the problem. The people/person telling everyone how they should be playing public games is. If you want to run stuff a specific way you use recruiting chat, if you don’t like it that’s your problem. It is pretty easy on PC to say “H> efficient relic run, opening 10+” and get a squad.

• I run relics for the rewards, not the resources in the mission. It is certainly faster if everyone has the same goal. But I really don’t have any issue at all with others doing their own side missions too.
  • Like 3

So you want to play in groups, because its more efficient than solo. But the groups are terrible and full of people wasting time.

Now you have learned the reason why most of us play exclusively solo or in pre-made groups.

What do you want them to do, introduce elo rated matchmaking, MMR or something?

it happens on PC too, but mostly when you're in team with 'newish' players, since old vets like myself don't really need any resources anymore (not more than we already get 'on the fly' that is). sure, i'm also annyoed by this, but it usually is enough to stand in the etraction area to either wait for the timer to run out. if they have the 10 reactants already, that few more seconds waiting is not more than you normally wait one the slowpokes that just can't speed-run though the levels... yet... if they don't have their reactants 'together' ^^) they usually shout for us to wait - which one can do, or not - depending one ones level of annoying ^^)

anyway, if you not already know this, belive me when i say there are many more annoying behaviours of fellow players you can encounter on a average day of doing pugs.

On 2019-08-29 at 4:50 PM, (PS4)Wanderkrowe said:

Yea, soloing would be great if it weren't so much less efficient and really? Do I seriously have to whip up a group every time I feel like opening random relics? Let's not joke now.

How exactly is solo running so inefficient. The only thing I can think of is when you're running these missions for a specific reward and a party has a higher chance if said part dropping "assuming you all run the same relic" but if you're going in for random parts or for radiant these missions, even solo are not very compromising to your time. Grab an ember or a saryn for exterminates. LITERALLY any frame for a capture. Where is the inefficiency?

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with OP here, and it's quite disappointing most of the replies are: "Stop being entitled and just deal with it lol."

Void capture/exterminate fissures are nice for ducat farming since you get another relic to replace the one you just spent, and I never seem to have enough ducats, nor relics. Rushing it with an efficient squad can take the mission time down to 1:30. In a pub formed by efficient people it takes no longer than 2:00. However,  my average run in Void Capture/Exterminate Fissures is 4:00 to 5:00

80% of the time it's always three people waiting until 3:00 so the last guy can take the final void trace and then wait for the 1 minute to extract.

I'm sorry, but when I want to farm for resources, I either try to find a squad for that, or I just go solo. Fissures have a clear objective and purpose: To open relics. If there's a guy wasting everyone's time by opening every container in the map, and making everyone else wait for him, the one being entitled is not the three people on extraction, but the one who decided to play the way that only benefits him. This is a team game, everyone should cooperate and act in a way that benefits everyone. Want to play your way? Find a squad or go solo.

"Search for a premade group". It takes time to search for such a group, and fissures are only available for a limited time. Besides, sometimes I do try to find a group, but it's rare to complete a squad.

"Play solo". Playing solo is terrible for ducat farming since you're much more likely to get common drops. In my experience, a squad of intact have a high chance of getting at least an uncommon.

Nowadays I only run endless Fissures because "fast" and "efficient' fissures are boring due to the obligatory 2 minutes of waiting. (One to wait for the 4th guy to get reactants, another for extraction). It's a real shame, I never have enough ducats...

• Like 1