Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Saint of Altra: Update 25.7.0

[DE]Megan

21 hours ago, [DE]Megan said:

Rendering Upgrades:

As part of the new rendering tech we showcased during TennoLive, we’ve implemented a few upgrades that are ready for your viewing pleasure! Metallic surfaces, such as gold and steel (etc), are improved across the whole game to respond better to lights and reflections. This boasts the detail and depth that were always there but hard to see. If you notice any areas or objects that are brighter than expected please let us know!

To be completely honest I much prefer the "Before" graphics for metal than the "After".

Looks more like a downgrade than an upgrade to me.

Syndicate medallion only being worth 1000 is pretty bad, especially given their 5% drop chance. 10000 would be more appropriate.

As for the complaints about the rendering changes, it is definitely a positive change overall. You can see the surfaces more clearly now, and prisma weapons no longer look completely ridiculous.

Also, we need to talk about the exclusion of axi relics from disruptions missions. It gets very boring having to run the same missions for axi relics. You already made ESO significantly less worthwhile by making the axi relic chances abysmal. This is one of the reasons people say warframe is boring, because you limit activities for people who want to be generally rewarded. Disruptions have a greater sense of urgency, making them more engaging than simply cheesing interceptions or waiting around for timers on bounties, so it would be great if they didn't exclude certain relics. I say this as a criticism of rewards in all endless games modes excluding interception, not just disruptions.

1 hour ago, Aesthier said:

To be completely honest I much prefer the "Before" graphics for metal than the "After".

Looks more like a downgrade than an upgrade to me.

The first would be more appropriate on a mirror surface. Most metal isn't going to have that reflective detail with specular lighting so the second is more realistic in addition to showing more detail on the surface itself however that's not what we're getting in some situations as my reflection post on a page before this shows.

A matted or soft flat metal reflection is being diffused heavily as if it were rippling water, a rough mirrored surface or similar.

Some of this can be texture related. All the light sources, reflections and shadows look correct on the console itself but the texture of the metal itself is very plastic looking. So while the metal floor could produce a similar diffusion of a specular reflection the texture doesn't really uphold that. Instead if looks like someone just selected an area and used the Diffuse Glass option in Photo Shop.

On 2019-08-29 at 3:35 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Bow Stat Changes:

When tracking down a bug why Paris Bows were doing less Damage than their Arsenal stats indicated, internal stats were reporting all Bows doing more damage than they actually were. Below is a review of all Bows (with the exception of the Lenz) and increased stats where appropriate:

General Changes:

• Normalized quick shots to have the same critical chance/damage and status chance as charged shots.
  • While reviewing Bow stats the team has also refreshed all their FX (including the Lenz)!        

Now that you fixed Primary Bows, what about Secondary Bows like the Ballistica/Prime/Rakta?

Secondary Bows haven't really been looked at since their release, nor have they received any Charge-Speed buffs despite Primary Bows getting these buffs last year in February, not to mention the damage/stat buffs for Primary Bows now.

Secondary Bows are very underpowered and rather slow compared to Primary Bows with similar or higher MR requirement... The Ballistica Prime is a max MR 14 weapon, but it sure as hell does not feel like one with how it performs.

I absolutely love the Shawzin, guys! Thank you, Thank you thank you.
Even have the Hirojoshi scale. lol I am flummoxed.

Super cool.

I've always wanted to play a bard or support that can play an instrument.
This is such a welcome and unexpected surprise. 😃

On 2019-08-29 at 5:35 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Tweaked the Redeemer and Redeemer Primes equipped position so it sits more in Warframes' hand.

So Tekko users only need to wait about a year after Tekko Prime to see the horribly wrong weapon position finally get fixed?  At least we have that to look forward to, I guess.

Thank you for the update DE. Many great fixes and changes, can't wait to explore!

I second what others are saying about the metal graphics change. I don't like it overall as is. Perhaps many textures need to be adjusted to work with the new rendering. Many metals now look soft and plastic. If you change the color, sometimes it looks better, but I will say that overall, I don't notice an improvement.

I do have one more request, which is now especially relevant with the new Lua Lens. Can we please have the option to remove focus lenses without destroying them, just like arcanes? I went through a lot of trouble and grinding to get my eidolon lenses and now I will have to destroy them to upgrade to the new Lua lenses. Seems like a no-brainer to me. Work smarter not harder. Thanks!

On 2019-08-29 at 10:35 PM, [DE]Megan said:

Nightwave Changes & Fixes:

• Catch-up Acts will now appear once you have less than 3 current-weekly Acts left to complete, as opposed to only appearing once you’ve completed the whole current week.

This isn't working. I'm playing catch-up having returned from a break where I missed the first few weeks of season two. I've completed my full week's worth of tasks, then the catch-up brings up a single mission which I complete, this goes around a couple of times then all tasks are shown as complete. If I log out and back in I get one more task and the cycle continues until a new week.

The implication from this update note is that I should always see three catch-up tasks until I've completed everything. Which would be nice.

48 minutes ago, Roobarb said:

This isn't working. I'm playing catch-up having returned from a break where I missed the first few weeks of season two. I've completed my full week's worth of tasks, then the catch-up brings up a single mission which I complete, this goes around a couple of times then all tasks are shown as complete. If I log out and back in I get one more task and the cycle continues until a new week.

The implication from this update note is that I should always see three catch-up tasks until I've completed everything. Which would be nice.

Quick addendum to this, I've just re-logged for the third time today and I've got no recovered tasks. I'm at level 16 of NW and I'm aware others have reached level 30 already so I don't think I could have completed every previous mission in the week and a bit that I've been back.

On 2019-08-29 at 2:35 PM, [DE]Megan said:

ACCELTRA

AKARIUS

...sssssssssoooo...

Can we talk about the drop rates on these blueprints? 'cause we really need to talk about the drop rates on these blueprints. <_<

Fixed Warframe legs moving incredibly fast with multiple movement speed buffs applied. You will still move as quickly, but your run animation will look better!

Oh, this is actually sad. This might have been a bug but it was a fun harmless bug that's been in the game for as long as I can remember. You will be missed, jimmy legs.

Am 29.8.2019 um 23:35 schrieb [DE]Megan:

Fixed loss of functionality when the disabling animation for Exalted Abilities is interrupted (knock downs, bullet jumping, etc.). 

Great Fix, a similar thing happens when you get staggered or knocked down mid transference, can you fix that aswell?

Update is good, especially after the hotfixes, I got all pieces for Gauss and his weapons in under 36 hours, so RNG and 10% chance were in my favor. I just wish harrow was a little easier to get, been working on that thing for 3 months off and on, That 3% chance sucks out loud

This ain't it, Chief Steve. Your "new" rendering is horrid and should be reverted. I get it was for the levels, but who stops to look at something metal in the middle of a gunfight, capture mission, spy mission, etc? Only places metal is really visible is on the Lua and Void tilesets, and even those have been ruined by the new rendering. What used to be Orokin shiny, gleaming, glamorous gold now look like daily plastic. Your naitivity blocks other peoples opinion on wanting it reversed back. This was a very unneeded change on something that was never an issue in the first place. Listen to the community about a reversal just this one time

On 2019-08-30 at 2:12 PM, Xzorn said:

The first would be more appropriate on a mirror surface. Most metal isn't going to have that reflective detail with specular lighting so the second is more realistic in addition to showing more detail on the surface itself however that's not what we're getting in some situations as my reflection post on a page before this shows.

A matted or soft flat metal reflection is being diffused heavily as if it were rippling water, a rough mirrored surface or similar.

Some of this can be texture related. All the light sources, reflections and shadows look correct on the console itself but the texture of the metal itself is very plastic looking. So while the metal floor could produce a similar diffusion of a specular reflection the texture doesn't really uphold that. Instead if looks like someone just selected an area and used the Diffuse Glass option in Photo Shop.

I get the most metal doesn't have a mirror finish however the "after" looks more like high polished metal that has accumulated a lot of patina or corrosion which doesn't look very realistic to me on those metal surfaces that are supposed to be shiny.

As far as a matted or soft flat metal surfaces that "aren't" supposed to be polished then sure but then I would suggest that perhaps the reflective qualities are not muted enough in the "after" picture for matte surfaces such as flat plate steel.

But looking inside the game itself none of these surfaces look anything like either of those examples but still look like more like plastic, playdough, clay, or even just mud.

I understand your perspective and understand you are trying to argue your reasoning behind it. However I simply don't agree with you as beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in  my opinion this was a massive downgrade of the visual appeal. 

53 minutes ago, Aesthier said:

But looking inside the game itself none of these surfaces look anything like either of those examples but still look like more like plastic, playdough, clay, or even just mud.

I understand your perspective and understand you are trying to argue your reasoning behind it. However I simply don't agree with you as beauty is in the eye of the beholder and in  my opinion this was a massive downgrade of the visual appeal. 

I agree very much that the reflections do not match well in the game and they feel very artificial.

The cube is sadly a far better example than what we get in game. For arguing that specific example only I feel it's more appropriate but it's a rather pointless debate since it's nothing like what we currently have. I made a longer Topic about it showing numerous pics where reflections are intersecting with nothing, parts of reflections are missing, they're exaggerated in dim lighting and the same diffusion intensity seems to be used on many if not all surfaces which do not match.

It comes off as a generic filter effect and that's not even counting the washed out color problems, esp on Corpus tilesets.

Archived