Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

S.Dust

What is there to do?

Not trying to be negative, I like the fact that they took the time to release something at all but I'm just questioning what there is for me to actually do in this update other than farm a new frame that I don't care about. Am I missing something? My syndicates are fine so I don't really have some burning need for the universal syndicate medallion, my focus schools while not maxed are pretty much where I want them especially since over all it's not  big deal since they really don't have that big an effect on general gameplay except maybe zenurik. Am I missing something?

Sounds more like a "your problem" rather than one for other people, many of whom might not be in the same situation.

Therefore, it's entirely up to you to figure out.

I think the “something” you’re missing is that the updates are not catered towards your tastes specifically. If none of the currently offered content interests or engages you then there’s no need to force yourself to play. 

17 minutes ago, S.Dust said:

My syndicates are fine so I don't really have some burning need for the universal syndicate medallion

We are planning on making 'Universal' mean a bit more here and in a future Hotfix this will be usuable in Conclave, Simaris, and Vent Kids as well.

Rejoice non-Conclave players, as we will have a way to get those cosmetics without actually having to play that empty mode. Start stocking up on that $#@&!

On 2019-08-29 at 6:55 PM, S.Dust said:

my focus schools while not maxed are pretty much where I want them especially since over all it's not  big deal since they really don't have that big an effect on general gameplay except maybe zenurik. Am I missing something?

Vazarin surprisingly has a very big effect on general gameplay too but only if the Vazarin user isnt a greedy selfish and minds moving their butts to heal teammates and mission objectives.

5 minutes ago, FrostPrime said:

I think the “something” you’re missing is that the updates are not catered towards your tastes specifically. If none of the currently offered content interests or engages you then there’s no need to force yourself to play. 

Not even a question of engaging me and more so not honestly affecting me. People wanna cheer about conclave rep I already maxed that, farming the frame is like the least of my worries. What is there to actually do? This isnt based on likes or dislikes, overall this update only affects people newly running through the game or people who haven't been around the warframe block a few times.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Quantaminum said:

If you've been playing long enough, it's just Gauss and two new weapons.

Thanks for the honest answer, while this post is pointing out the big flaw of the update I honestly felt like I missed something cause this is a small mainline.

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

Rejoice non-Conclave players, as we will have a way to get those cosmetics without actually having to play that empty mode. Start stocking up on that $#@&!

Yeah, noticed that reading the update notes a few minutes ago. Immediately thought of Conclave, but had to check the rank up requirements to make sure.

Still not sure about giving up Formas and potatoes, but I guess I could give them up just this once. Time to start hoarding.

Anyway, I already know I'm going to be having a lot of fun with the buffed bows alone. Time to dust off my Daikyu.

1 hour ago, S.Dust said:

Thanks for the honest answer, while this post is pointing out the big flaw of the update I honestly felt like I missed something cause this is a small mainline.

The flaw? This was obviously a Gauss release. What did you expect? All of sudden we get 20 New game modes and 5 New planets?

15 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

The flaw? This was obviously a Gauss release. What did you expect? All of sudden we get 20 New game modes and 5 New planets?

The point of the mainline was a lot of new content and something for us to do. If it was just gauss it shoulda just been the gauss update 

1 hour ago, NekroArts said:

Yup, exactly my thoughts.

1 minute ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The point of the mainline was a lot of new content and something for us to do. If it was just gauss it shoulda just been the gauss update 

To my knowledge we were promised new disruption missions some weapons the look link and gauss. And a new way to learn lore. 

It was all writen down on wf page. So again. What did you expect?

43 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

To my knowledge we were promised new disruption missions some weapons the look link and gauss. And a new way to learn lore. 

It was all writen down on wf page. So again. What did you expect?

That there be a magical update that will make Warframe the exciting game to play while ignoring everything else, including life until OP's natural death. 

/s obviously. 

13 minutes ago, Killa_Byte said:

it's all about money my son and nothing else

They need to eat you know... The problem is that people asked for  a decent damage balancing and an increased level difficulty and instead they continue to fill the game with useless mods and  2 GB for recycled missions is too much... Then there will be another new open world and you will start to farm again new useless mods... I don't know but i feel cheated and a stupid to still play.

Cant the OP share their opinion? They're not the only one who feels that way. This is the problem with the warframe community. Turning it around on the player saying it's a you problem. Yall wanna sit there and say this "mainline" drop is good enough then you just enable DE to drop lackluster updates. 

Well there is a ton of new stuff, not just additions but also fixes and updates.

But yea, there isn't really much new to do gameplay-wise, except for the new disruption nodes. I guess that's the main focus for Empyrean though.

I do agree that this is a pretty lightweight update. Unfortunately, fam, that's about as fresh as things get, so you might as well give the new warframe and weapons a try to kill some time until the next update. Worst case scenario, take a break.

Empyrean and Duviri are in the works. Problem is that they're not coming anytime soon.

There is a strong concurrent undertone present and it's all over the place! From content creators, forum topics with opinions from us players and all over reddit. "We want more content", "what is there to do because I've done everything?" Etc.

All of it is true, a little misjudged but also 1 sided towards selfishness from players mostly because we are passionate about it. 

Warframe is a perfect example of what's right in the gaming industry, DE is the perfect example of a dev team who play their game, who listen to players and make something happen and yes it is flawed and progressive content is slow BUT development costs money AND all of the mentioned social communities are full of free only players and they're 200% proud of it, they also say if it wasn't free they would not be playing but instead playing a trip A title ($100 to buy) which will be finished in a week and you'll wait 5 years for the next content drop and not support one that has constant updates?.... okaaaay...

Another game and development "Destiny", forums "PvE guns are useless and EVERYTHING PvE needs work." 

Bungie - " We listen, we hear you, we have nerfed all guns so balance is attained in PvP." 

"Ok, we need more PvE content." 

Bungie - we hear you, we listen so we are giving you 5 new PvP maps and more balancing in PvP."

8 years of that $800 later... yeah warframe is bad! Investing in this instead might increase money for development so boredom isn't a thing...

I know that was not all needed to respond but some things to consider... However for boredom, head to earth and take some baby MR Tenno under your wing and join their journey and experience 😃

8 hours ago, NekroArts said:

WOOOO! trivial at may seem to others, I hate PvP but I quite like the Conclave Sigils, the default Conclave one is quite nice, so I'm actually glad I'll be able to get those now. may also pick up one or two Weapon skins, but at this point I have a lot of skins for Weapons, so who knows.

This is the part of fortuna package (25.7.0) so don't take it too much. Is there something to do? Maybe play the mission just for the sake of having fun? Not everything must be a grind in warframe

I haven't logged in since Monday, having given classic WoW a shot and so far, surprisingly, Warframe hasn't called me to ask "where the hell have I been", so there's that.

I've also been told there's more to life than video games. Not that I've seen what that thing is.

It's not a bad thing to rest from time to time, the game will feel way better after that.

2 hours ago, 844448 said:

This is the part of fortuna package (25.7.0) so don't take it too much. Is there something to do? Maybe play the mission just for the sake of having fun? Not everything must be a grind in warframe

Not sure what game your playing but everything in Warframe is a grind. That's the whole point of the game.