Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is there to do?

S.Dust

The game's been down the drain ever since PoE. I'm not touching Gauss just like I haven't touched Wisp. 

In my opinion, what it needs the most is a risky but potentially redemptive rework from the grounds-up. No more looter-shooter nonsense that prioritizes a click2win mentality and stat management over critical thinking and actual effort that is beyond how long one may withstand boredom.

• Lower enemy spawn 
  • Better the AI 
  • Strip down parkour to something less flashy and more tactical, emphasize timing and defense-offense ebb and flow
  • Rework mods to compliment the above changes.
  • Speaking of which, remove those stupid damage mods that are so gateway they might as well have their own special slot. Repeat after me, DAMAGE MODS ARE A WASTE OF SLOTS THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE USED TO DIVERSIFY YOUR TACTICS
  • Considering the more tactical combat in light of these changes, PvP is now less of a cluster-fudge and more engaging as real people provide an actual challenge unlike AI.

These changes are the fundamental baby-steps DE needs to take in order to stand a chance at making Warframe engaging once more. Alas, 'tis but a dream and will never happen. It's a scary thing to pull off, not to mention divisive to the player base. I, for one, would love to actually play an engaging game. Unfortunately there are many who see Warframe as a casual game and that's how they like it. Stupid power fantasy.

Edited by Tellakey

5 minutes ago, Tellakey said:

The game's been down the drain ever since PoE. I'm not touching Gauss just like I haven't touched Wisp. 

In my opinion, what it needs the most is a risky but potentially redemptive rework from the grounds-up. No more looter-shooter nonsense that prioritizes a click2win mentality and stat management over critical thinking and actual effort that is beyond how long one may withstand boredom.

• Lower enemy spawn 
  • Better the AI 
  • Strip down parkour to something less flashy and more tactical, emphasize timing and defense-offense ebb and flow
  • Rework mods to compliment the above changes.
  • Speaking of which, remove those stupid damage mods that are so gateway they might as well have their own special slot. Repeat after me, DAMAGE MODS ARE A WASTE OF SLOTS THAT MIGHT OTHERWISE BE USED TO DIVERSIFY YOUR TACTICS
  • Considering the more tactical combat in light of these changes, PvP is now less of a cluster-fudge and more engaging as real people provide an actual challenge unlike AI.

These changes are the fundamental baby-steps DE needs to take in order to stand a chance at making Warframe engaging once more. Alas, 'tis but a dream and will never happen. It's a scary thing to pull off, not to mention divisive to the player base. I, for one, would love to actually play an engaging game. Unfortunately there are many who see Warframe as a casual game and that's how they like it. Stupid power fantasy.

I don't see much in this that I would want. You just want a different game. 

Imo it be better to just embrace how powerful we are, make some special missions to be hard. Make boss fights that are more skill based leave the normal enemies weak. Maybe introduce some enemies on tiles that need a bit of effort to kill. Maybe an enemy that adapts to mods and damage or something.

AI btw won't fix anything ever in this game. They will dye before they could think.

Stripping down parkour sounds the worst idea ever. I want to move around easily like in any game and I don't want to fight to get from a to b.

5 hours ago, (XB1)KamikaZSquirrel said:

There is a strong concurrent undertone present and it's all over the place! From content creators, forum topics with opinions from us players and all over reddit. "We want more content", "what is there to do because I've done everything?" Etc.

All of it is true, a little misjudged but also 1 sided towards selfishness from players mostly because we are passionate about it. 

Warframe is a perfect example of what's right in the gaming industry, DE is the perfect example of a dev team who play their game, who listen to players and make something happen and yes it is flawed and progressive content is slow BUT development costs money AND all of the mentioned social communities are full of free only players and they're 200% proud of it, they also say if it wasn't free they would not be playing but instead playing a trip A title ($100 to buy) which will be finished in a week and you'll wait 5 years for the next content drop and not support one that has constant updates?.... okaaaay...

Another game and development "Destiny", forums "PvE guns are useless and EVERYTHING PvE needs work." 

Bungie - " We listen, we hear you, we have nerfed all guns so balance is attained in PvP." 

"Ok, we need more PvE content." 

Bungie - we hear you, we listen so we are giving you 5 new PvP maps and more balancing in PvP."

8 years of that $800 later... yeah warframe is bad! Investing in this instead might increase money for development so boredom isn't a thing...

I know that was not all needed to respond but some things to consider... However for boredom, head to earth and take some baby MR Tenno under your wing and join their journey and experience 😃

From a ftp model warframe has the best model but as for everything right No.... not at all brother it’s not a perfect example when the game at is core isn’t polished and is quite broken. If you have a subsection of players needing content in a mob looter shooter it’s an issue. DE dosent really listen to their players if we are counting a good few communities within wf feeling ignored. Also (rip the lor community) 

while I can say some of de plays their game not enough because a lot of times updates come out flawed and full of glitches something typically would be avoided or decreased significantly if a Team for testing updates was there (it is lol it’s called the pc players and they are all great!)

progressive content is slow AND development does cost money..... those just don’t make sense together to me. Progressive content done well wouldn’t cost de any more then what it does now in my opinion besides probably more time and I’d be willing to wait as long as needed if I felt like de could consist produce great content that can’t be burnt through within a week or two time. But again that ties back to the game at base being broken. I wouldn’t call anyone selfish because they want more content. We want more things to do in the game we love. So not just us.. but everyone can enjoy it!

as far as helping new players we all do it. We enjoy it and nobody has an issue doing it. But as a gamer in a video game my endgame should not be just “helping a baby Tenno on earth where I can easily spit on any grineer and they explode” my endgame should be something to challenge the Arsenal I’ve built up over the years the arcanes I’ve maxed the focus trees I’ve grinded. The frames Built all of that. Not just helping new players or playing the same recycled content most of us have been playing for 3,4,5+ years now 

2 hours ago, Dr.Pepper23 said:

Not sure what game your playing but everything in Warframe is a grind. That's the whole point of the game. 

Really? I just play for the sake of having fun and somehow things drop on my laps without realising

Just got all Gauss parts in 25 minutes of disruption run, and it's the first run where I got systems, chassis and neuroptics straight, no duplicate at all

• Like 1

6 hours ago, anikj2020 said:

Same as you always do:
-Get the new shiny warframe and weapons in 2 days and level to max.

-Quit playing the game until something new comes.

Rinse and repeat.

Yet half the community see this as ok.

Real question is how hardcore are you about the game?

As a fairly average player with most of the games content grinded out. I still enjoy popping in and cracking skulls just for fun.

I play games for fun and stress relief not for challenge or ego stroking.

We live in a digital age.  Take a break and do something else.  Or master a different teal life hobby.

I'm gonna post-pone Gauss for a month or two, did a couple of disruption modes on the Kuva fortness to see the kuva drop values and compare it to survival.

Better wait for Empyrean to arrive, and see how it goes.

Way too much hype around Gauss and the fat guy imo.

19 hours ago, S.Dust said:

Not trying to be negative, I like the fact that they took the time to release something at all but I'm just questioning what there is for me to actually do in this update other than farm a new frame that I don't care about. Am I missing something? My syndicates are fine so I don't really have some burning need for the universal syndicate medallion, my focus schools while not maxed are pretty much where I want them especially since over all it's not  big deal since they really don't have that big an effect on general gameplay except maybe zenurik. Am I missing something?

Look link and mod link was the point of this update. Don't forget the SHAWZIN.

Edited by MPonder

1 hour ago, JackHargreav said:

There is no game that lasts for ever.

I never saw a f2p game that lasts forever either.

Face it. Your expectation is unrealistic.

There is no game that lasts forever, not only the F2P. 

Wow is not F2P but it is 15 years old and it is still full of players.

Now i have an allergy for hack n slash games but i can't negate they add big expansions and updates very often.

This is an action game and you can't use the same system of Hack n slash games: Get more power so you can go further, especially considering there is nothing to do when you have all the gear and mods.

And again NO! Adding recycled contents, frames and useless mods is not "New content". When a game has only the "Grind" system to survive, it is already dead.

Edited by bibmobello
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

And again NO! Adding recycled contents, frames and useless mods is not "New content". When a game has only the "Grind" system to survive, it is already dead.

Makes me wonder why you're here. It seems like you just don't like the game as whole.

Edited by JackHargreav

Based on all the feedback I'm seeing on the low kuva drops in disruption I'm hoping that gets a boost before they submit the update to console otherwise it really is just Gauss and 2 weapons.

My focus is done and so is my conclave so I was hoping to find a new decent source of kuva. I guess the look/mod link will be nice and the Shawzin should be fun for a while.

Edited by (PS4)Double991

2 hours ago, JackHargreav said:

There is no game that lasts for ever.

I never saw a f2p game that lasts forever either.

Face it. Your expectation is unrealistic.

So what you're saying is warframe is dead and every veteran to the game should just quit.

1 minute ago, S.Dust said:

So what you're saying is warframe is dead and every veteran to the game should just quit.

That is completely nothing I said.

But your expectation for forever lasting endgame content is just unrealistic.

I played every game mod and have nothing to do but I enjoy the game. I do nightwave and whatever. Farm Gauss play him once I built him. And play even after. Trying out new builds and whatnot. So sorry but your no content complaint for me is just weird and seems more of an issue with you.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, NekroArts said:

Rejoice non-Conclave players, as we will have a way to get those cosmetics without actually having to play that empty mode. Start stocking up on that $#@&!

Great point. All the cool stuff in conclave finally obtainable. Now I have a reason to get these new medalions.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Double991 said:

Based on all the feedback I'm seeing on the low kuva drops in disruption I'm hoping that gets a boost

It's gonna get the same boost as survival did (200 placeholder)

Edited by ZarTham

Just now, JackHargreav said:

That is completely nothing I said.

But your expectation for forever lasting endgame content is just unrealistic.

I played every game mod and have nothing to do but I enjoy the game. I do nightwave and whatever. Farm Gauss play him once I built him. And play even after. Trying out new builds and whatnot. So sorry but your no content complaint for me is just weird and seems more of an issue with you.

I mean its what can be drawn from what you said, I mean I never said I want ever lasting endgame content but that you assume I did, I said there is nothing to really do in this update. By your logic if you believe the game has reached its end then everyone should quit, if they are not releasing things all the vets should quit rather than you know ask them to actually release things since clearly the dev studio for the game hasn't like shut down.

Just now, S.Dust said:

I mean its what can be drawn from what you said, I mean I never said I want ever lasting endgame content but that you assume I did, I said there is nothing to really do in this update. By your logic if you believe the game has reached its end then everyone should quit, if they are not releasing things all the vets should quit rather than you know ask them to actually release things since clearly the dev studio for the game hasn't like shut down.

Well they just released something so I don't know what you're talking about.

If you feel like the new update is nothing. Then yeah you can just quit. Railjack will be here in one or two months.

That might be "something to do". For me tho. There is always something to do.

• Like 1

What is there to do? If your asking this, you lack imagination. Either go play a different game or challenge yourself. Beat the ropololyst with the starter amp and mk 1 weapons. If that is too hard, then it looks like you have something to do now. If you think this challenge is stupid, then you're not serious about true endgame challenges.

Another one of these threads. 

God I am getting tired of these, if you are bored and have nothing to do in warframe STOP playing. 

Play something else, go outside, watch a movie or something. 

No one is forcing you to play. Hell when I get burnt out I take a break. 

I know everyone wants new content, we all do. Have some patience.