Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is there to do?

S.Dust

15 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

I learned how to transcribe music into code that can be used with the Shawzin. Then I made a youtube tutorial for it. Those two things took me many hours. Sounds like you're having trouble with extrinsic motivation vs intrinsic motivation. 

The op dosent seem interested in octiva band 2.0 and many don’t. Nobody is criticizing how you play or condem your playstyles or wants from warframe. Stop assuming just because you have something to do we should do that too.

• Like 1

On 2019-08-29 at 4:11 PM, BiancaRoughfin said:

Vazarin surprisingly has a very big effect on general gameplay too but only if the Vazarin user isnt a greedy selfish and minds moving their buts to heal teammates and mission objectives.

yep I use it on any frame that cant make use of other trees or when I am raking weapons as a way to keep the objective alive I like it especially on Oberon who cant make use of other more selfish focus trees.  

5 hours ago, (PS4)sweatshawp said:

The op dosent seem interested in octiva band 2.0 and many don’t. Nobody is criticizing how you play or condem your playstyles or wants from warframe. Stop assuming just because you have something to do we should do that too.

Improve your reading comprehension. I'll repeat the key note here: "Sounds like you're having trouble with extrinsic motivation vs intrinsic motivation." If you don't understand what I mean, try googling intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation. 

Honestly I don't think they should've called this a "mainline". I appreciate the additions to the game but this stuff will have been chewed through in a week. I, obviously, don't know what DE has cooking but this was a light snack at most and I hope more is coming sooner, rather than later.

21 hours ago, Flying_Scorpion said:

Sounds like you're having trouble with extrinsic motivation vs intrinsic motivation. 

While this is a common issue, it is an issue that varies from person to person, there is no universal way to make a person take more intrinsic value in some aspects.

This is not something that many people can be able to change about themselves, while the knowledge on the topic can give people more understanding of why they feel that way it doesn't mean that they will suddenly change their intrinsic motivations.

Take me for example, I will never find grinding weapons I will never use in Warframe just to raise my MR, I take no intrinsic pride in the act because it is pointless to me. Me being aware that others may take that as an intrinsic motivator doesn't mean that I find it any better of a use of time or more enjoyable.

The issue with a video game is that it is not like a job, most video games are almost entirely built on extrinsic motivators to draw players in or to continue playing, while intrinsic motivators are the part that gives people joy from doing things that are not standard (speedruns, endurance runs etc.) which vary from person to person.

A video game however needs to keep its extrinsic motivators much more present and noticeable, especially when the game focuses on PvE (PvP tends to retain more players on intrinsic competitive natures than rewards for example) which is why many people are reaching burn-out or boredom with Warframe, they have done everything that is relevant to them.

Telling players that they are having trouble with intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation doesn't solve the problems that they are having, which are both on the players (to an extent) and DE's gameplay design. There isn't anything that anyone can do to make other players take intrinsic motivation from actions they don't enjoy, which is what some people in threads like these do by saying "I'm doing X Y Z so there is content, why aren't you doing what I'm doing?".

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

While this is a common issue, it is an issue that varies from person to person, there is no universal way to make a person take more intrinsic value in some aspects.

This is not something that many people can be able to change about themselves, while the knowledge on the topic can give people more understanding of why they feel that way it doesn't mean that they will suddenly change their intrinsic motivations.

Take me for example, I will never find grinding weapons I will never use in Warframe just to raise my MR, I take no intrinsic pride in the act because it is pointless to me. Me being aware that others may take that as an intrinsic motivator doesn't mean that I find it any better of a use of time or more enjoyable.

The issue with a video game is that it is not like a job, most video games are almost entirely built on extrinsic motivators to draw players in or to continue playing, while intrinsic motivators are the part that gives people joy from doing things that are not standard (speedruns, endurance runs etc.) which vary from person to person.

A video game however needs to keep its extrinsic motivators much more present and noticeable, especially when the game focuses on PvE (PvP tends to retain more players on intrinsic competitive natures than rewards for example) which is why many people are reaching burn-out or boredom with Warframe, they have done everything that is relevant to them.

Telling players that they are having trouble with intrinsic vs extrinsic motivation doesn't solve the problems that they are having, which are both on the players (to an extent) and DE's gameplay design. There isn't anything that anyone can do to make other players take intrinsic motivation from actions they don't enjoy, which is what some people in threads like these do by saying "I'm doing X Y Z so there is content, why aren't you doing what I'm doing?".

+