Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL | What should DE do about the Riven Mod system?

Jax_Cavalera

The "what should DE do about the riven mod system" topic has been beaten like a dead horse countless times.  Frankly I don't think we are going to be anticipating any changes to it at its current state other than the periodic changes in disposition.

I would suggest keeping the lowest disposition at 0.75 so it does not seem like slotting a weak disposition riven is a waste if resources
while raising the maximum disposition above 2.5 as there are many weapons with very high dispositions that perform poorly compared to those even without a riven.

oh, and more slots.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Omega said:

The "what should DE do about the riven mod system" topic has been beaten like a dead horse countless times.  Frankly I don't think we are going to be anticipating any changes to it at its current state other than the periodic changes in disposition.

I would suggest keeping the lowest disposition at 0.75 so it does not seem like slotting a weak disposition riven is a waste if resources
while raising the maximum disposition above 2.5 as there are many weapons with very high dispositions that perform poorly compared to those even without a riven.

oh, and more slots.

That's all it needs done along with maybe increased amount of kuva rewarded from its sources by 2 times.

Anything in the direction of touching its rng factor is a disservice and probably comes from people with psychological problems who want perfect rolls banalized because they can`t get happy with just good rolls.

DE makes a killing off the riven system from players purchasing platinum to trade other players.  I've dealt with so many people who have told me they are recharging just to buy a riven I have for sale.

They might as well close their studio if rivens were removed.

10 minutes ago, Omega said:

DE makes a killing off the riven system from players purchasing platinum to trade other players.  I've dealt with so many people who have told me they are recharging just to buy a riven I have for sale.

They might as well close their studio if rivens were removed.

DE does not sell Rivens Mods. It’s all trading between players. And it’s the best market, a free market. 

• Like 1

1- Make Rivens untradable if you use it in a weapon, unless you roll it and accepted.
2- Make Rivens bought not been able to be sold by a higher price, unless you roll it and accepted.

3- Make that you can only trade riven with one person if you have not traded with it 2 weeks before, and you can't trade nothing after 2 weeks too with that person.

Then we can see if things get betters.

Edited by MPonder

On 2019-08-29 at 4:04 PM, WoodedSkate89 said:

pTLhSme.png

What these players are ACTUALLY saying and asking DE is how they can get god tier Rivens for cheap or without spending any Plat. Or they want it fast, free, without grinding Kuva or spending anytime on trade chat. They are envious seeing others owning god tier Rivens and believing that it’s all luck.

And if they don’t have god Rivens, they are envious and therefore want DE to ban the system and take away OTHERS’ Rivens.

It’s not luck. It’s time VS Plat. If a player has Plat the player  can buy them. If the player has time, god tier Rivens can obtained through grinding Kuva. If a player has nothing and doesn’t want to spend anything or grind anything, the player doesn’t deserve anything. 

Edited by George_PPS
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, George_PPS said:

DE does not sell Rivens Mods. It’s all trading between players. And it’s the best market, a free market. 

You know, platinum doesn't just come out of thin air.

And just because it's a 'free' market doesn't make it good when there was (or still is) a literal Riven Mafia dictating the market on Rivens.

Edited by mac10smg--Toa_of_Green
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, mac10smg--Toa_of_Green said:

You know, platinum doesn't just come out of thin air.

And just because it's a 'free' market doesn't make it good when there was (or still is) a litteral Riven Mafia dictating the market on Rivens.

"Literal" Riven Mafia???

🙄

The system serves the intended purpose for most weapons.

"God-tier" Rivens however don't posses any purpose beyond bigger numbers on the enemies you already one-shot.

So long as DE continues to update dispositions I have no issue with the current system.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, George_PPS said:

Please also contact me in game too. I will gladly help you solve this issue instantly. 

I will also help you bear this enormous burden kind stranger:)

7 hours ago, MPonder said:

1- Make Rivens untradable if you use it in a weapon, unless you roll it and accepted.
2- Make Rivens bought not been able to be sold by a higher price, unless you roll it and accepted.

3- Make that you can only trade riven with one person if you have not traded with it 2 weeks before, and you can't trade nothing after 2 weeks too with that person.

Then we can see if things get betters.

And what "problem" would any of these "solutions" possibly solve?

2 hours ago, (XB1)ECCHO SIERRA said:

And what "problem" would any of these "solutions" possibly solve?

Could possibly give people a chance to get the RIvens they want. Riven system is something that I see as a system that would make the weapons you like to play more powerful, usefull, consistent, or just fun maybe.

BUT, everyone with 2 brain cells can see that you can't get the rivens for the "weapons" you want by yourself because of the RNG behind it. Most reasonable way is by trading, which might be OK, You sell the ones you don't want or need, and buy the ones you need.

Then, everyone with 2 brain cells can also see that you can't the rolls you want with kuva farming because of more RNG. Anyone that say different prove me wrong with math pls, I want a Vulkar riven after I'll get a Rubico with Ms, cc, heat, eletric. The Vulkar Riven for eidolon, need to be one of these 4 with a harmless neg: (dmg, ms, cc), (cc, ms, cd), (cc, ms, heat OR ele), now show me with math the chance of getting the Vulkar riven I want.

I can get the rivens I want. I want a Opticor "Ms, cc, negative" I get it. I want a Euphona "Dmg, Ms, Cc, neg" I get it, a Rubico "Dmg, ms, CC, neg" I get it. And since I'm usually hunting for Riven with the stats I want for the weapons I want, I'm usually always using semlar riven finder and warframe.market auction house, sometimes I'll watch trade chat, but this last thing is horrible to do.

And you know what I see, A lot of the time rivens with reasonable prices just bought by people that really don't need them, and put on Riven.Market for like 10x the price sometimes, 10 #*!%ing times. And it is not a few, it is a lot of them. 3x the price is usually what I see, and you go check the person profile on market, the guy is running such a variety of weapon rivens that make me ask myself if he really is doing that manually like checking semlar or trade chat. I just try to imagine someone reading NA trade chat for hours for that, lol.

People are not doing this manually, you go at the topic about DE offering tools for Dev and you see that people are building their own bot. The system is just been abused right now by automated features. The guys grab some discount PL day, buy some PL cheap with real money, check the bot for rivens, get the rivens cheap they see, easy plat.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Ace-Bounty-Hunter said:

lol. Oh yeah. That won't p*** off the people who farmed Kuva Survival for hours on end in the slightest. /s

They lose their minds when the Riven Dispo's get nerfed. How do you think they would react to the entire system being scrapped?

So let those crybabies cry. They'll get over it, like they always do, after every change.

Lol 10k plat for anything.

Hell at best a few hundred plat for a set is all I'm  willing to pay.  Most i have ever payed for a singuler thing in warframe was 165 plat.

I would rather grind myself even with my awful luck.  Then throw thousands of plat at someone.

Rivens and drops are all rng to begin with. Either you get lucky on a roll or you may never get a good roll.

And if you roll something 50 plus times and still get jack ..... well i guess that riven is useless.

Edited by (PS4)Kakurine2