Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

POLL | What should DE do about the Riven Mod system?

Jax_Cavalera

19 hours ago, Jax_Cavalera said:

As the title says, I'm wanting to get a bit of a weigh in on where the community is at regarding our current Riven Mod system. It's difficult to have a meaningful, objective discussion without some kind of data to reference that represents the preferences of the player-base.

Vote Now !

NO WAY! another player complaining about rivens!

These are the changes I would make. 

- Rivens can only be re-rolled a maximum of 10 times with each roll having a fixed cost. No more increase in Kuva cost per roll. I was thinking 1200 per roll.

- You can save up to three rolls per riven to freely choose between them whenever you want. Something like before you equip the riven it will ask you which roll you'd like to used out of your saved rolls.

- Keep transmuting rivens the same.

- If you trade a riven to another player the saved rolls still remain.

- Re-work the dispos of weapons and separate primes from non-primes.

These are the changes I would make:

- Cephalon Samodeus would be an NPC vendor on relays and he would let you re-roll one and only one attribute on Rivens. Once you pick an attribute to re-roll, only that attribute can be re-rolled and the other attributes are locked. Attribute re-rolls cost more the more they are re-rolled (reference implementation: Mystic in Diablo 3).

- Smart Riven 1.0: Rivens roll more intelligent combinations (e.g. +cc +cd and never +cc -cd or -cc +cd) based on what players expect is reasonable (reference implementation: Loot 2.0 in Diablo 3).

- With the above 2 changes, no need to touch Kuva (which is far easier and less time consuming to farm than what you need in Diablo 3 to do the same thing). However, I will remark that re-rolling a Riven should reset re-rolled attributes (duh?).

Diablo 3 has worse itemization problems than Warframe. Rivens are reminiscent to Diablo 3's very first loot system that combined nonsensical attributes (e.g. strength on a Wizard item). Thus, I encourage Warframe developers to study Diablo 3's loot 2.0 and Mystic features.

References:

https://us.diablo3.com/en/artisan/mystic/

https://us.diablo3.com/en/game/guide/items/kanais-cube

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Loot_2.0

Edited by nslay
Add loot 2.0 link

On 2019-08-29 at 6:09 PM, Jax_Cavalera said:

As the title says, I'm wanting to get a bit of a weigh in on where the community is at regarding our current Riven Mod system. It's difficult to have a meaningful, objective discussion without some kind of data to reference that represents the preferences of the player-base.

Vote Now !

Pretty bogus poll. Until you have a definition of what would be an improvement, the first option is meaningless. 

1 hour ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

Pretty bogus poll. Until you have a definition of what would be an improvement, the first option is meaningless. 

Maybe though the intention is more to gauge if people think it is fine as is, just needs a little work or is beyond saving

I don't really have a problem with Rivens, but I think every single weapon should be at least neutral, and lesser used weapons should get better Riven stats. I see it more as a creative utility mod. I don't have any "God Tier" Rivens, but I also don't think they're a problem. Certain weapons are "God Tier" by default just based on the base stats. That doesn't mean anything tho. Past a certain level, none of those stats really matter. If you want to deal a lot of damage for normal to Sortie level content, a lot of weapons will do the job well without a Riven. A lot of abilities will also do the job very well. 

I think it can be problematic for a person to spend thousands of plat on a Riven and then see that Riven get weaker and weaker tho. It's easy to laugh at player like that because most of us would NEVER have that problem. That being said, I don't think that's a good look for a game developer.

Edited by BL4CKN0ISE

Raise maximum dispo so that the really S#&$ty weapons can be usable, as it is, you know, the whole point of the system. REDUCE kuva gains so that people will learn that rivens are not meant to be a better serration with 10+ rolls for their meta weapons. Kuva floods should only be a way to get some kuva if the rng didn't give you some from sorties

I want to say a quick thank you to everyone who participated in the poll up to this point, that initial feed of data has provided some good insights into community opinion about our current riven system.

One thing that has surprised me is how stable the spread of votes remained from that initial 10 all the way till now. I suspect, given more time we'd see the same ratios continue as well.

1/ Remove the FAINT disposition to begin with that is too low for the effort needed.

2/ Increase the kuva gain (too low, even with a ressource booster) by a 2 to 4 factor.

3/ Don't ruin some rivens (see Lanka) since it cost a high price (plats and IRL cash).

Le 30/08/2019 à 00:33, Gabbynaru a dit :

Yeah, no. I don't need more of those faux lootboxes in my inventory, thank you very much! I would love to see them gone though, instead of seeing DE go down this disgusting road.

How surprising is that. You don't made much effort for being well stuff for rivens, but instead want the riven to be totally removed from the game. Surprising really.

Make that and people will be angry in a manner i think DE never ever saw, since the investment was BIG in time involvement; Kuva, sorties, plats and IRL cash.

I think it would be like a EF5 El Reno tornado.

Edited by Alpha56

Rework the whole system. Reduce the effect of rng, make the gains from rivens into a progression system that you work on and build up slowly, add more stats to the pool so players can do more with their rivens and not just increase its dps, and introduce some kind of system that prevents trade abuse by capping out how much you can sell a riven for.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)CrazyBeaTzu said:

What's this riven mafia I keep hearing about?

They're a group of players who buy out cheap, good rivens and resell them for ludicrous amounts of plat. They're known for heavy strong arm tactics, bullying, and generally just being nasty people. They will do anything to preserve the order of selling meta rivens, like ones for the rubico, for thousands to tens of thousands of plat, and cheating just about any honest player out of the most amount of plat that they can.

Here's a video from a popular warframe partner that talks about them a bit. There's likely more videos out there that cover the matter in greater depths should you decide you want to find out more, but here's one anyway.

• Like 1

il y a 1 minute, --DSP--Jetstream a dit :

Then whats the point of riven dispo adjustment if you ask for special priviledge for your riven to be untouched because its "cost a high price"

I actually don't know what's the point of riven "adjustment", we don't even have numbers by DE of the use of weapons, but some are constantly nerfed at every riven disposition changes (see Lanka, Supra).