Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the metal changes in the latest update

Midas

28 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Well, logged in and can't say I'm too excited neither. I'm going to go ahead and think this is because the Empyrean renderer wasn't included fully, because it goes against everything that was shown previously by Steve. Unsure what the heck's going on.

A simple comparision picture:

Lad5YWV.jpg

R1OhEEC.jpg

They DEFINITELY should have probably waited until the whole thing was here to get the better transition.

I'm still sure though something's off and it can be fixed without a revert going by various things Steve has been showcasing.

tenor.gif

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Double posting just to let you know Steve's unto it:

Yeah, hope this gets a fix. It's pretty bad. 

The new graphics changes have been implemented and they're... not great. I know DE has put a lot of time and effort into them but even if I liked the new graphics changes I'd still think they were unnecessary. As it is, my orbiter is now disturbingly bright, all the colors feel... off, and everything has a sort of harsh tint to it like everything is being lit by an ancient flourecent lightbulb. From what I've seen of the other comments most players don't like these changes either, I know that continual ramping up in the graphics department is expected in games like this but warframe was already a beautiful game, it doesn't need every metal surface to be incredibly shiny. It doesn't need to look like every "hd hyperrealistic" game, and I haven't seen anyone complain about the graphics for warframe except after updates like this. I know you probably won't roll it back but for those of us who don't care for this new update either an opt-out or a guide on how to tweak the graphics setting back to where they used to be using the current options seems like a good idea.

On the tilestes and inside the ship the new tech looks amazing! But on warframe and some weapons it just feels wrong, it feels like the metal is sticking out more or that its made out of plastic... idk it was bound to be different but i dont like the way it looks (on warframes and weapons) now.

Captura comparisons(witch btw is also still broken since most effects don't work):

Old:

Spoiler

4Ozx0tt.jpg

New:

Spoiler

eJwmpUF.jpg

Also it seems they changed many cosmetics(surfaces, colors swaps etc) that now don't match like they did before.

Edited by DeathDweller

10 minutes ago, Arahor said:

My big boah... The helmet was left unchanged, but the black and red was matching the rest of the frame...

Cu6905mpdrf6VEWW3TtyYXcYl?token=eyJhbGci

That helmet's using Blinn Phong shaders and not PBR ones (all the Prime stuff uses PBR already, but some base frames don't).

Looks like a good excuse to finally finish them 😛

https://imgur.com/a/U0dCwOk

My dojo, previously heralded as one of the largest an most intricate, now looks like dog vomit with worms writhing in it.  Thanks de, i hate it.  Only took literally years to put all that effort in just to have it look worse than any other update prior...

I was almost going to say that if you guys put out updates this size every month or every other month people might not be constantly raging about the lack of content... but then this happened and anything positive i had to say went out the window.  I am seriously annoyed about this and the only reason I'm not fuming is because I assume it's not going to be long before the entire dojo decorator hordes start posting on the forums and you all undo this disgusting, horrible, giant leap backwards.

lets also note that all the infested deco was added to the tenno tab... because of course it wouldn't have it's own tab, that would make sense and be convenient.

please undo this crime against dojos and my sanity (and I'm sure the sanity of the entire community of serious dojo decorators) until you figure out how to make it so my dojo doesn't look like it's made out of plastic, K thanx.

PLEASE DE, consider reversing this! Metal materials look like trashy 3D printed PLA plastic! Not even a quality ABS, like LEGO uses. Look at the missing detail. It's has very little contrast anymore. Look at my Riv Elite-Guard Arm piece.

Honestly, this is worse than the original change you made with the Operator cosmetics overhaul. My landing craft has no detail when loading into a mission. The Prisma skins look horrible. My Ayatans look cheap. My Teshin Statue looks like it was made with clay. Rell's Donda is yellow. All Golden metals look like Painted plastics.

2SxHmz4.png