Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the metal changes in the latest update

Midas

Don't know about the metal much but if people think the game looks too bright then this helped me. Turn brightness down from 50 to 35 and disabled adaptive exposure, hopefully this helps someone too, went from this

Spoiler

Cu6905mpdrf6VEWW3TtyYXcYl?token=eyJhbGci

To this

Spoiler

mt9yYx8sTiRrFoxTOfJwD7Jou?token=eyJhbGci

• Like 1

Revert it as soon as possible or fix whatever is causing this mess. Everything in general looks worse now! It's not just metallics, most textures and colors look worse now! This game is pretty much kill eidolons and play dress up with your dolls. Half of the game is ruined now :(

Please for the love of Unum, don't dive headfirst into the shallows. Graphical changes like this, for whatever the reason they happen (I suspect dumbing down of rendering to please consoles and older PC's) are just wrong.

Really disliking the fact that unbuilt dojo decorations are now transparent, it's hard for me to line up pieces for the thing's I'm building, especially on a large scale. I can see how in some cases this would be convenient (ex: looking to see if a piece has been clipped into another), however I'd appreciate it if there were a toggle.

It seems to be a Mathematical error caused by interactions between the shadder and the tint mapping, Simply put due to a miscalculation color values are being output at a higher value than previously. That is my theory, I believe this to be the case due to my experience with various filters in both 3d and 2d art. 

• Like 5

Currently the reflections on the Xiphos Prisma are so diffuse that the entire thing almost looks like plastic. Can this please be reverted to its older, much shinier form?

EDIT: I just noticed that the Scimitar Prisma is suffering the same problem. Prisma skins are for the shiny, so we do need that back.

Edited by Colyeses

Wanna add my two cents and say that the new metal textures look more like plastic than actual metal. Everything is a matte finish now which causes all textures to look a similar bland, dull color. Before the change, the shiny metal presented a sharp and desirable contrast to the fabric and other leathery textures. Now everything is the same. The prisma effects on most things are gone, the vandal weapons look like regular weapons now. I don't see what the point of this was?

Not to mention the orbiter looks stark bright like a science lab. Sterile, cold, lost all its dark, cozy warmth, even with darker colors. 

I apologize if this feels more like a rant than proper feedback, but the drastic change to metallic textures along with the lighting changes has just taken away any realistic sense from everything and given it a plasticky, fake look.

There's a number of Reddit posts about this too. I've made one myself.

This is terrible. Metallics "doing what they should" is not what has happened. They made our shiny, pretty game into a matte mess.

It looks like they spilled bleach and tried to clean it with sandpaper. It's horrible.

I cannot begin to describe what has happened to our clan dojo, considering we used a lot of gold there. It simply looks like clay painted with musturd. Awful.

Please revert or fix this immediately.

This is not ok.

unknown.png

White light, everywhere, My orbiter looks horrible, the white sheen on my black WFs and ship looks disgusting...

I hate this white stuff everywhere... it's horrific to look at.

Dojo, Before and After, nice deep blue ice, now turned to white nonsense.
Before:
20190716190045_1.jpg

After:
20190830172436_1.jpg

My ship, nice and dark, edgy... how I liked it, now looking like... like... A contrast nightmare, why is there SO much white in the crystals?
Before
Warframe0213.jpg

After: Look at those Argon Crystals on the right... I want to take them down, It's utter vomit.
20190830173806_1.jpg

I HATE this change, with a passion... What have you done? The game looks disgusting...

Edited by Carnage2K4

weird.... those are very similar to mine. although i normally have contrast and brightness up a bit.

also, i've checked out the dojo and i think i've figured it out. it might be because the ceiling gives off light. which now works better?

for the rest i am really quite confused as to why it is doing that. it might be some very specific circumstances, or it might be something weird going on with your install of the game. 

This looks like a really bad bug. Way more stuff is getting the matted treatment than it should, it seems. Might be a typo somewhere accidentally assigning the wrong reflection maps to the wrong textures. Hopefully it'll get resolved quickly.

Hello!

We were told to report areas brighter than expected..

That is everything in my dojo.

On the screenshot you are able to see, how the dojo used to look like and how it looks now (it's scary).

All the metallics are washed off, matte, without depth or anything, overly saturated, bright, too yellow when they are supposed to be gold. They ended up being plastic, not metal. Additionally I have not noticed any improvement when it comes to flickering of metallic parts you've mentioned, which was supposedly reported by people: Now to be honest the light looks as bright and bloomy as before, only the metallics looks worse because they're overly saturated and the depth is absolutely gone. I believe the problem that others might have had with flickers would come from blom and glare effects in the settings - I have them off for the most part, I've never noticed any flickering issues with metallics before.

Please fix this, I don't want our dojo to look like this. Thank you!

Please view the picture:
cry.png

EDIT:

Other reported issues, except for dojo metallics gone:

- prime details not toggling
- skins are buggy, for example clicking tennogen garuda successor skin from the skins menu (when not purchased) makes the skin flicker over default skin. Preview only works via helmets menu.
-every prisma weapons, skins, attachments, landing craft skins destroyed. They look like plastic toys, their depth and metallics are gone. Every metallic skin or attachment has the same
- Some odd flickering, weird lighting, messed up lighting engine, slow perfomance, rendering problems and texture problems reported
- White color captura scene, brightness drop when color selecting in captura mode (reported since Dog Days)

Edited by Ikedo
added information on more issues
  • Like 1

Yeahh... don't know if it's intentional or not but, please revert these changes. All my prime frames now look like someone barfed yellow on them. The cool metallic glint is replaced by plastic fakeness and prismatic elements now glow greenish for some reason. I literally cannot look at this and have to repaint everything with a dark color to mask this... halp.