Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the metal changes in the latest update

Midas

8 minutes ago, Colyeses said:

It's likely that the washed out metallic textures are a problem with the rendering update, as -all- metallic textures have been matted out. I had to swap off the Prisma Xiphos because it looks like plastic now.

It doesn't have anything to do with lighting changes , textures themselves have problem. They are not same with Gauss's metallics.

When I saw the old vs new cube thingy on the update post I thought they had acidentally labeled them wrong because to me the old looked so much better. The old cube looked like a beautiful, polised golden cube with vibrant reflactions and proper metallic shine and the new looked worn out and dirty and like it had matte surface.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Leyvonne said:

When I saw the old vs new cube thingy on the update post I thought they had acidentally labeled them wrong because to me the old looked so much better. The old cube looked like a beautiful, polised golden cube with vibrant reflactions and proper metallic shine and the new looked worn out and dirty and like it had matte surface.

The issue is that the worn out looking cube indeed IS better for things like, Grineer ships/ architecture, but to me it makes absolutely no sense for any Orokin aesthetics, something that makes up a huge majority of weapons and warframes. Gold really shouldn't look dull or worn out, especially not gold from a culture that valued beauty above all else. I saw the new cube and thought "oh neat they're going to make certain metals look rough" but it seems they just went and changed ALL metal to that new texture, something that has left me completely baffled and quite a bit saddened.

Edited by Frostyinferno
Clarification

This is just so utterly baffling, whatever bug or partial deployment has occurred to give us spray-butter metal.

Compare and contrast:

Gauss's weapons/syandana in the Leverian museum, looking good.

Spoiler

kA0S7G2.jpgc7CxeJf.jpgLqVpUjM.jpgMyWrs3U.jpgTQ51obI.jpgCbX6vwv.jpg

This is the genuine quality, smoothness, and gleam we expect of Tenno metals, to say nothing of the even higher bling level that there should still be to Prime/Orokin materials.

Now, on the other hand, let's have a Friday screenshot. Here's how my Liset with Prisma Skin has looked since Thursday and Saint of Altra's deployment.

Spoiler

qHsCs7c.jpg

I think it goes without saying that this probably isn't what you as the developers intended; nor is it what we as the players want our Tenno, Prisma, and Prime/Orokin items to look like.

That new metal texture map Steve shared on Twitter is all well and good, and you should be proud of hard work; but turning everything that's metal in-game scuffed, beaten, and marred in its appearance really only fits the Grineer as a faction. Please and kindly ONLY update reflections on Prime and Tenno items; and don't touch a dang thing else about their metal or ding up its texture, once you all fix whatever this graphics issue is. We are meant to be shiny and chrome.

I'm not sure if this is where I should post this, but here goes. After the most recent update my Liset, with the Prisma skin, now looks no where near the same, especially like something that Baro would not sell to anyone, LOL. I kind of liked how it looked before. I'm not really one to complain too much about stuff, but I guess I will just have to deal with it.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11ByiUdEvMN40aLqfeO57epErYl1YQfnI

We need the option to turn this new rendering off, it's actually ridiculous. The orbiter is so incredibly bright, I can't stand it, I used mostly dark colors for this exact reason. On top of this the frames are washed out, all my black colors are a dark gray now, it's ugly and driving me insane. Now vs before

Spoiler

unknown.png

Spoiler

2019-08-20_22_50_57-Greenshot.png

Got to say, I don't miss alot of the exceedingly reflective metallics, myself. It limited my choices of colours on alot of frames, because even quite subued colours could look very gaudy with the old shaders.

Things with alot of metallics, like the Mag and Octavia Deluxe skins, suffered from this quite dramatically. They can sport a much greater range now without looking clownish, or being overly glinty, as it were.

I much prefer how it looks now.

Edited by KokoroWish

Hey DE, I'm not joking when I say players could have standing for a lawsuit. It's something you should seriously consider reverting ASAP. What was advertised in Prime packs, advertised in the in-game store, urging players to buy platinum for decorations, etc... was it all a lie, now? A shiny metallic Mesa Prime is no longer a shiny metallic Mesa Prime. What players paid for is no longer the same. It could be considered false advertising.

Point is, this change is for the worse. It really looks like you took the year 2019, and removed 9 years of graphic advances, making it look like the last update was in 2010.

I don't think I can stress this point enough. It's a flat downgrade. I'm disappointed. This is only the second time I've been disappointed by you, DE. The other was with the Operator Cosmetics overhaul, which seems to be in an okay spot now. Please don't make the metals only "okay", like with the Operator Cosmetics. Please make them good again.

Edited by AJman14

1 hour ago, AJman14 said:

Hey DE, I'm not joking when I say players could have standing for a lawsuit.

I doubt it very much or else, Riot Games wouldn't be able to make a single VGU ever.

What I'm trying to say is: The only thing missing are the reflections, so it CAN be fixed properly, but just give them some time. We're mid weekend, Monday's a holiday in Canada and the changes won't take just a few hours, so give them a bit of time. They already got the memo after all, just let them work.

Edited by NightmareT12

56 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I doubt it very much or else, Riot Games wouldn't be able to make a single VGU ever.

They do have a different EULA and ToS, though. As far as I've read in DE's legal documents, "the player" owns "the account". They are not a mere user.

I don't really want to argue this point to the bone, though, as I don't have the answers. It's just something that DE should be careful about. After all, when someone sees and buys a shiny Nyx Prime in a Prime Access/Vault, they should get what was advertised. Not a smudged plastic-looking crown on Nyx Prime's head.

12 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

What I'm trying to say is: The only thing missing are the reflections, so it CAN be fixed properly, but just give them some time. We're mid weekend, Monday's a holiday in Canada and the changes won't take just a few hours, so give them a bit of time. They already got the memo after all, just let them work.

How are reflections the only issue here? What about all the colors looking washed out, the over brightness, and all the other issues? Black looks gray on every single one of my frames, and even my other colors look kinda desaturated and cheap.

11 hours ago, AJman14 said:

They do have a different EULA and ToS, though. As far as I've read in DE's legal documents, "the player" owns "the account". They are not a mere user.

I don't really want to argue this point to the bone, though, as I don't have the answers. It's just something that DE should be careful about. After all, when someone sees and buys a shiny Nyx Prime in a Prime Access/Vault, they should get what was advertised. Not a smudged plastic-looking crown on Nyx Prime's head.

I really doubt anyone will sue or even be able to over this, however I can see a lot of people quitting, I'm not really playing myself until it's fixed. Still really bad for them, I hope they actually fix all the issues and not overlook stuff, or decide that it's ultimately okay.

On 2019-08-31 at 2:53 AM, Frostyinferno said:

The issue is that the worn out looking cube indeed IS better for things like, Grineer ships/ architecture, but to me it makes absolutely no sense for any Orokin aesthetics, something that makes up a huge majority of weapons and warframes. Gold really shouldn't look dull or worn out, especially not gold from a culture that valued beauty above all else

This, times a thousand. We are looting the relics of arrogant self-proclaimed gods who considered it a personal affront to be even slightly dirty; we should look appropriately over-the-top in our bling level for having taken that kind of tech from their ruins.