Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the metal changes in the latest update

Midas

18 hours ago, Grizzlies said:

I can't get into the game until this color thing gets better. i don't even want to play.

This is so true. I've given up the will to play. I'm having a hard time just doing my weekly Nightwave acts, because the colors and fashion frame are just all off.

This is literally the straw that broke the camel's back.

2 minutes ago, Shemarria said:

Um, D.E.?  Steve... anyone?  It's great you fixed a few bugs there eariler today but can we adress the Lepahntis in the room.  Your game looks like many layers of hammered garbage right now due to your "improvement" to the rendering & texture tweek.  A lot of people paid real money for cosmetics and spent hours on their Dojo's to make them look fantastic.

The hours spent thing I can understand as low priority; but you have devalued the items people have purchased in good faith would look as good as advertised.
Stop ignoring this point and at least give us a situation update that yes, you are looking into the problem.  You are insulting all of us by avoiding any ackowledgment as to the scale of the problem.
Please do at least own up to the fact this was an error and it WILL be solved.

Thank you in advance if you DO actually respond to the legion of complaints in this matter.  Which is NOT minor.

• Like 1

Not only we are looting pristine items, we are forging new Warframes and weapons with a nanorobotics 3D Printer, we can splice DNA and turn puppies and kittens in to full size death pets in a blink of an eye.  We disassemble captured targets and send them to the Lotus with a wave of a hand.  So I think we have the means to clean and maintain our gear so it doesn't look like its scuffed up bits of plastic that is painted Banana yellow.  

If they don't fix this I may ask for some refunds for some skins because what I have now is not what I bought. and it makes my skin crawl looking at them.  Not that I expect such a request to go any where.  But I do know if they don't fix it then I won't be  buying any more if they look like the current ones now do. 

On 2019-08-30 at 11:10 PM, NightmareT12 said:

So they are going to make everything look worn out and used up no matter what, even if it doesn't make any damn sense.   We can color/paint the walls of our current orbiter a rainbow of colors.  So why the hell are the walls scuffed up to hell and back and in odd places to boot?  What is going to rub up on top of the pillars?  We have the ability to craft war machines and weapons but our ship looks like a factory break room like we can't maintain where we live.  To make things look like old and worn just for the sake of doing so.. Yeah.. I am not impressed. 

I assumed that it was an oversight in the update or something at my end. Although, the lighting on different metals in general seems to be affected.

I'd keep on this, I know it's 'Loading Screenframe', but since there have been a few Hofixes since and it's the same it could be left forgotten.

Edit: I notice the Dex Liset skin appearing more and other players using the default. I switched back to the default, which looks more detailed that the Prismablob Liset skin as it is now. 

Edited by Guano_Fiend
Additional Information

15 minutes ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

I wish they would do a revert but given how quiet they have been about the subject lately I have my doubts.  

They've outright acknowledged the issue and said they're working on fixing the metallics. These things don't take little time, though. The Emissives, for instance, took a month and a half to get fixed, in both function and actual texture quality.

1 hour ago, Skyward_Knight said:

Hi there! I'm nobody official, but I would like to say that you've posted this in the wrong forum.

This isn't a bug, therefore this should be in the Feedback category. Please try to keep your posts in the relevant subforums!

Could be in either. A Bug is an unintentional, possible game breaking issues.

Making metal looks like a 4year old's crayon drawing is defiantly unintentional and for players that like to decorate this can be seen as game breaking. 

A request to revert because the other version is preferred is an opinion and fits in feedback.

10 minutes ago, Zelmen said:

Could be in either. A Bug is an unintentional, possible game breaking issues.

Making metal looks like a 4year old's crayon drawing is defiantly unintentional and for players that like to decorate this can be seen as game breaking. 

A request to revert because the other version is preferred is an opinion and fits in feedback.

This is exactly that last one. This is not a bug report, this is feedback on the new looks, and in what way could this be "game breaking"?

Yes, I will agree that certain things have been made worse with the new renders, but that is no excuse to break the rules of the forums. Just because you want this to get more attention does not justify putting it in the wrong subforum. DE will see it in Feedback. They check the Feedback subforum quite often for ideas and complaints.

I really can't stand it. My friend gives me crap about the game looking like a bunch of meat robots and the one argument I had about that was the metal looked better than most metals in any other game. Absolutely love the way the dark to clashed with the shine on metal surfaces. Now it's flat, looks like plastic, and banged up. It was so slick and clean before and that's exactly what I wanted. Prisma guns? Fantastic. Vandal? Cleeeeeean! Now... Now I have no argument. It was beautiful. Now I'm just sad every time I look at all my frames. I understand it took some work to actually put this in the game and no artist wants to see their hard work go to waste but I'd kill for even some toggle option so at least I can see the metals the way I want to see them. At the very least.

3 hours ago, NightmareT12 said:

This is getting fixed tomorrow as per the word of the man himself:

Looks like the issue was... they forgot to accomodate the roughness values. But now they know. So it's fixed!

Is this "Roughness" Value why a lot of frames look scuffed and scratched to hell on the metal parts?.  I have my fears that this won't fix/change that because I haven't seen any of my Tennogen Skins suffer from the effect on their metal parts.  But most of my Deluxe skins that I examined tonight do have the scuffs. A good example of a normal frame to look at is Khora's face plate and the trim on the back of her ribs it is rather bad but it's all over her accents really.  So it seems to be something they have done on purpose and that just doesn't sit well with me at all.    

Edited by Vindicta_Necis

On 2019-09-04 at 5:11 PM, NightmareT12 said:

This is getting fixed tomorrow as per the word of the man himself:

Looks like the issue was... they forgot to accomodate the roughness values. But now they know. So it's fixed!

Yay.  Well, I won't rage about it then.  I just hope it also fixes the dojo looking like a florescent-lit Walmart.

I just wanted to pop in and address one thing that probably hasn't gotten much attention.  I would like my operator glasses to look like reading glasses again, as they are supposed to.  After the update, they look like sunglasses.  Not cool.  I liked the scholarly Lotus look, not a MIB look.

Glasses fixed in 25.7.4.  😄

Edited by Justin_Case001
Issue solved.

6 hours ago, Vindicta_Necis said:

Is this "Roughness" Value why a lot of frames look scuffed and scratched to hell on the metal parts?. 

If I am not mistaken, no, that's a detail of the material itself (probably from the tintmask when they chose the material "surface", so as to speak, which hasn't been changed). Is exactly what Steve said: it's details that have ALWAYS been there, but they couldn't be seen before because the current rendering tech is just not that good for PBR assets, which is why they're shipping a new one.

Edited by NightmareT12

If I am not mistaken, they were intended to be like this always. Isn't the whole point that our Warframes are made out of Infested flesh, which is actually metallic?

Those materials that are intended to look 100% organic are like that (ie. skin on characters), while Warframes finally feel exactly like metal and flesh combined. Another good example is the Excalibur Protoskin, where the cloth is actual fabric/latex while the metals are showcased great.

JiBH9dS.jpg

The PBR implementation seems to have improved a lot, like crazy.

I am super happy.

11 minutes ago, Xylyssa said:

Maybe it is because of the terrible lighting in the Liset, but at the Arsenal screen they all appear TOO shiny, as if they had a chrome finish. It doesn't look good, at all.

Reduce your brightness level from 100 to 49, then paint your Orbiter interior AND your Warframe with neutral hues and better colors. There is no overbright on my Warframe client.

The issue definitely is not quite fixed yet, and more than material roughness was the problem. Our shine has been restored; but materials still have wonky reflections, and colors are washed-out and flat. Additionally, shadows don't seem to properly apply to the geometry; making metals lack the contrast that previously made them immersive and realistically shiny, instead of just flat-out glaring with glow.

This is a still a step in the right direction, and thank you for at least partially fixing it; but something is still amiss with graphics at the present time.

Pre-Altra:

0qYrYSL.jpg

Today, as of the most recent fix: 

Ktgww8U.jpg

Notice how everything seems oddly slippery-looking and chromatic, without either the shadow or color tint quality seen previously.

Good work so far, and thank you, but stuff is not quite back to normal yet.

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne
Better pre-Altra update picture; since I realized my prior one was from that time Film Grain was glitched to be permanently on in-game.

tWLzAJv.jpghj4TUHa.jpg

O8hw2xz.jpg

wlLFr72.jpg

the first 3 images are prior to the fixes/hot fixes of 9/4/19 and 9/5/19. The last image is taken on Mars, as of the latest update. Now, my ship (not pictured) has been returned to its metal and void-colored glory of the Prisma skin. This, with the skin issues, is what changed though. all of the semi-shiny surfaces have been made HEAVILY dull. as you can see my Kavat had dark green and light green, and now looks almost dark grey or black. My Inaros has lost all metallic sheen with the exception of the brass (my color choice) parts The greens have become heavily dark, almost black in some cases. You can clearly see the difference between the older picture in my Arsenal, and the pic taken today.

I am reporting this per the request found in the  25.7.4.1 Hotfix. rundown.  if at all possible, I'd like the colors to look and behave how they used to.

In any case, thanks DE for all the hard work you do, and all the patching and polishing you do to keep this game awesome! keep up the great work!

-Nytefyre-

tdbKCDH.jpg?1

The walls and floors of the Orbiter now look very glassy and/or wet after the last fix.

Also, some of our Warframes, like Ember Prime here:

P6cqHvN.jpg?1

The formally matte materials, especially the red here now have very wet or polished look tthat they didn't have before.

Edited by KokoroWish

20190907095406_1.jpg?width=2427&height=1

Gold still looking like yuck, this is max graphics on a 4k monitor with a gtx 1080 i7 processor.

Gold still looks like garbage after 3 hotfixes one stating metals were cleaned up ever so slightly, even if it is a bandaid it still looks like yuck.

"As mentioned back in 25.7.2, the team has been relentlessly working to fix issues brought up with the Rendering changes brought in Update 25.7.0. The most prominent feedback was related to ‘dull looking metal’, and you weren’t wrong! 

We’ve applied a shader change to the entire game for an overall wash of the dull metal textures to reduce roughness. This should be most noticed on characters (Warframes, Operators, etc) where your Fashionframe eye is trained to spot imperfection."

Edited by Midas