Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Feedback on the metal changes in the latest update

Midas

Bumping once again to show how new metal is (not) looking good.

bQjKq3C.jpg

Look at that nuance of color. I can almost see the other yellows in the yellow. The shadow rendering is so well done, it disappears from human perception entirely. As is well known, the Orokin were benevolent, subtle, wise, humble leaders; who absolutely detested gold, and they never, ever put it on their technology. That would be silly!

Xi7mbFo.jpg

Orvius, that trusty and useful throwing disk of razor-sharp fame. The weapon of Teshin Dax. The polished and lovingly-maintained tool for... ...frying food?! I suppose that something so oily and smeared can still be used as a pancake griddle for my Orbiter.

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne

Yes indeed, metals in game still look like those individually wrapped cheese slices. Let me just say that this is exactly what the players wanted, we've been asking for it for such a long time, and everyone is incredibly pleased by the way things are right now.

No sarcasm here. Nope. None. Definitely not.

I think it's a safe bet that this remains not even remotely fixed. The plastic metal wasn't cured, it was dipped in lube and now everything just looks even greasier and EVEN WORSE than when Saint of Altra dropped and messed up the old rendering method.

Colors are either far too saturated or far too dull.

The shines and gleaming spots randomly slither over models in a way that doesn't remotely reflect light sources.

Metallics are still missing the proper shadow rendering that ironically made them look more metallic before than they do with this over-glossy mess.

Infested maps are suddenly brightly light and blue-tinged, especially the Akkad node; and conversely, some tilesets are unbearably dark and smeared compared to before. 

This is no longer an issue with just plain metal, something with Saint of Altra's deployment butchered the in-game graphics as a whole.

1aOsE5n.jpg

Ah, Infested tilesets, just as I remember them. With us, our weapons, and our pets shrouded in shadow; and the whole dark, meaty bio-mass glowing whitish-blue - WAIT HOL UP.

adKgs9u.jpg

Oh boy, it's Margarine Stick Vandal!

KvsvIlg.jpg

I sure do love (no sarcasm here at all) having each and every one of my formerly gold metallic regions be an oily, vomitous yellow under 2/3 of all lighting conditions; and what was once silver detailing now being an eye-melting school-glue white.

3dFYGdp.jpg

It's been over a year since The Sacrifice, and not only is the permanent yellow glow on the log-in screen still annoying, it only highlights and exacerbates how flat and greasy the "updated" metal looks since the supposed patch to "fix" plastic-like material.

lgCPlkL.jpg

When different metallics on the same model have differing levels of reflection, saturation, and shadow detailing, all while viewed at the same angle; something isn't working right.

Roky's going to have to start calling us "Greasy" instead of "Glinty". We sure aren't shiny muckers anymore...

Edited by Maxim_M_Payne