Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Lore is great!

HugintheCrow

31C2C0CF7495781AC3A4233638243391B0F11BB0

Absolutely amazing storytelling. I sure was immersed in this deep and complex storyline.

Oh, and after seeing the actual Leverian (which dissapeared from patchnotes for no discernible reason, ok?), I still think it's silly that they couldn't make quests, but hey, whatever.

"Show don't tell" is dead I guess.

Edited by HugintheCrow

Eh. Not a bad compromise. And I mean that.

Also, called it:

On 2019-08-27 at 4:14 AM, KnossosTNC said:

It seems to be named after the Leverian Collection, which was a natural history and ethnographic collection from the voyages of Captain James Cook.

My guess is some sort of museum-like exhibit, with some voice narration explaining the lore.

*Does a quick "I was right" dance*

Edited by KnossosTNC

Usually the update title is somehow represented in the content that is being released. Anyone know that the Saints of Altra are?

At least it's been low key confirmed that Operators wont grow up permanently in Duviri. Out of all the things this update produced, I'm most happy about that.

Edited by AuroraSonicBoom
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

What exactly did you call? I don't see anything about it being canceled.

Look at the post I quoted, mate.

Then look at Gauss's Market page, and click on the "Leverian" button on the bottom right.

*Goes back to dancing*

Edited by KnossosTNC

3 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

*notices it pretty much after posting*

uhh, ok then.

DE being fuken stealthy, huh?

Eh. I was watching Steve's stalling-for-time stream, where he showed it, so I knew where to look.

Maybe it could be a bit more prominent, but again, eh. Lore is lore.

Edited by KnossosTNC

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

Market> Gauss> Leverian

It contains the lore to Gauss and hopefully it's gonna be updated and they won't throw out the idea like they did with the trailers.

Ok, seeing it, I can 100% say it will get dropped. Too much effort, and we all know how DE hates doing things revolving around voice actors.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, HugintheCrow said:

Ok, seeing it, I can 100% say it will get dropped. Too much effort, and we all know how DE hates doing things revolving around voice actors.

"Time will tell. Sooner or later, time will tell."

So let's just enjoy the present while it lasts, shall we?

Edited by KnossosTNC
  • Like 1

Now I just want a Warframe museum, in the style with additional lore presented but not placed in the black void. 
I can see it before me: Baro's Wonderful collection of various Orokin history and supplemental items of various value

See, this is why you be an ass AFTER you do your research. First thing I did was check everywhere for places it could be.

I like the Leverian, a lot. It is odd that they decided to go the narrated route for mostly meta reasons, but a museum style thing works IMO. Show don't tell can be very time consuming, whereas (except for the aforementioned voice acting) Leverian is not. I've been asking for some kind of relatively small-scale place where they can dump lore for some time, and combining it with a model viewer of sorts works well IMO. Hopefully this way we can get lots of lore that's more directly relevant. The Imprints had a tendency to be very disjointed. This adds a personal touch, similar to Destiny's lore tabs. Plus the context of it being some kind of collection or museum adds some nice charm to the whole proceedings. It also allows for a reasonable variety of lore content - technobabble on how different parts of Warframes or weapons work, tales of their accomplishments or elements of culture and even areas that exist outside of our personal interactions.

I'd love to see Leverian exhibits for elements past just Warframes and their associated items

If they had added this together with a quest, it would be actually cool.

Now it feels more like "here, I hired this dude to tell this incomprehensible, unimportant story for you and made a mini museum, are you happy now?" kind of situation...

Two main thoughts:

1: It feels very bare bones. No character model for yourself or the narrator, no background beyond vague smoke, no color, no music. There's not even any kind of arrival cutscene or anything. It feels more like the "grey box" stage of level design than an actual finished product.

2: It would have been really nice to actually see any of what he was talking about, instead of just hearing a couple vague sentences that barely form a mental sketch, let alone a picture. I would much rather read a decent chunk of text that describes things thoroughly, than have couple sentences of incredibly vague voiceover.

I guess its better than nothing, and I get that Warframe quests were too complicated to be sustainable. It would be nice to see exhibits for all the other frames, too. But I have a feeling that will never happen. We'll probably get like 5~6 more, then DE will get distracted by the next shiny update and forget all about it, like they always do.

At least he actually pronounces Gauss correctly.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Teljaxx said:

Two main thoughts:

1: It feels very bare bones. No character model for yourself or the narrator, no background beyond vague smoke, no color, no music. There's not even any kind of arrival cutscene or anything. It feels more like the "grey box" stage of level design than an actual finished product.

2: It would have been really nice to actually see any of what he was talking about, instead of just hearing a couple vague sentences that barely form a mental sketch, let alone a picture. I would much rather read a decent chunk of text that describes things thoroughly, than have couple sentences of incredibly vague voiceover.

I guess its better than nothing, and I get that Warframe quests were too complicated to be sustainable. It would be nice to see exhibits for all the other frames, too. But I have a feeling that will never happen. We'll probably get like 5~6 more, then DE will get distracted by the next shiny update and forget all about it, like they always do.

At least he actually pronounces Gauss correctly.

Steve said on stream they removed it from patch notes to not make a hype for it, for it is a really small thing. And you made yourself a little too overhyped, it seems. It is a Quality of life change. It is good as it is.

Just now, Envy123 said:

Steve said on stream they removed it from patch notes to not make a hype for it, for it is a really small thing. And you made yourself a little too overhyped, it seems. It is a Quality of life change. It is good as it is.

if its "just a QOL change" then why not just add it to the codex?

Also, quality of life for whom? The guys who would have to work to create a new quest and instead had to spend an afternoon doing the Leverian? lmao

28 minutes ago, Nitro747 said:

if its "just a QOL change" then why not just add it to the codex?

Also, quality of life for whom? The guys who would have to work to create a new quest and instead had to spend an afternoon doing the Leverian? lmao

They have added it to the codex.

You can access it via the codex as well. They added it to both of Gauss's screens.

• Like 2