Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gauss' signature weapon ammo pool is abysmal

-Maki-

I'm sorry, but both the Acceltra and Akarius need a very good looking at in terms of total ammo count.
I literally can't agree with 48 in the mag, 96 in pool (Acceltra) on an automatic weapon, at that point its forcing you to put on a ammo mutator, the same for 10 in the mag, and 20 in pool (Akarius).

Despite what these weapons are supposed to do, which is the intention of shooting tiny missiles, it still doesn't feel justifiable to have an ammo count this low for them, even if they use pistol and rifle ammo drops.

• Like 2

I've not tested the Acceltra yet, but the Akarius... I tested it on Ukko, how to say... I went out of ammo before reaching the capture target ? The hooming projectiles are cools but definitly the ammo stock make it ... Useless in my opinion.
You have 10 shot per clip, it shots two bullets at the time, meaning you have 5 shot per clip, you have 20 reserve ammo, so total you have 15 shots before the weapon is out of ammo.

That's really sad cause I enjoyed it directly when I saw how the projectiles worked and the blast radius, but then I saw my Mirage switching to my primary and I saw like "Owwh.... Already !? The fun was so short..."

i agree, low ammo max is aids. I was excited about these guns but with this ammo bs it feels like they were designed to annoy you. Who the #*!% thought it was a good idea to put 12 fire rate on a weapon with two spare magazines totaling less than 100 rounds. I was hoping for a sudo-40k bolter instead i got a paperweight that jiggles when it fires.

Tested both weapons. They are quite good against high level enemies, but the ammo pool is so small that you just can't fight against them. You will run out of ammo against every decent group of enemies. This is why we can consider these weapons as bad ones (remember Phantasma?).

I know DE tries to make players be more active. But think about the endgame too. And yes, Gauss will be in the corner of everyone's arsenal because of high movement necessity.

P.S. 3.4 sec Akarius reload...

• Like 2

I've yet to run out of ammo during the course of 6 forma.

I think those that are running dry really need to be more mobile during combat so that you're always collecting ammo; this is in a space ninja game after all. 

4 hours ago, I_Lancer_I said:

Tested both weapons. They are quite good against high level enemies, but the ammo pool is so small that you just can't fight against them. You will run out of ammo against every decent group of enemies. This is why we can consider these weapons as bad ones (remember Phantasma?).

I know DE tries to make players be more active. But think about the endgame too. And yes, Gauss will be in the corner of everyone's arsenal because of high movement necessity.

P.S. 3.4 sec Akarius reload...

When I see that term I always have to ask, "What is your definition of endgame?". Sure, this weapon isn't going to do much against groups of 150+ Corrupted, but that's an enemy that most experienced players will never even see unless they go out of their way to do so. At the point that you're doing so, you're also not relying on guns alone to kill enemies. 

Edited by JuicyPop
  • Like 1

I agree! I understand there are ways to overcome the ammo issue, but these two weapons are not really giving any wiggle room. Personally I am not the biggest fan of ammo case mod, and changing weapon with every clip spent when  I use these two weapons together is just beyond frustrating. DE, please heed our calls and at least make the max ammo less ridiculious

• Like 1

Yeah this weapon is fun at first but you soon realize its not viable at higher levels because of its ammo issue.  Its great for low level content where you can just tap once to fire a barrage at a group of enemies but once you get to where it requires multiple shots for a single enemy it utterly fails to perform.

Edited by Worsin

The Akarius I can kind of understand that the ammo count feels low (although the Max ammo mod fixes that issue. With 3.5 reserve mags you're fine except at very high levels).

But the Acceltra. I've never had any ammo problems with it since it deals so much damage to so many enemies with a single mag. Whenever I need to reload there is always more ammo around to pick up. The low ammo count does mean that I need to keep moving (it's not the right weapon if you just want to be a turret), but moving is kind of the point with these weapons.

2 minutes ago, fiendishrabbit said:

The Akarius I can kind of understand that the ammo count feels low (although the Max ammo mod fixes that issue. With 3.5 reserve mags you're fine except at very high levels).

But the Acceltra. I've never had any ammo problems with it since it deals so much damage to so many enemies with a single mag. Whenever I need to reload there is always more ammo around to pick up. The low ammo count does mean that I need to keep moving (it's not the right weapon if you just want to be a turret), but moving is kind of the point with these weapons.

Wait till you fight something that has a lot of health, when you try this weapon in Arbitrations or Long Survival/ESO it starts to become very apparent that the gun is not going to cut it.

4 minutes ago, Worsin said:

Wait till you fight something that has a lot of health, when you try this weapon in Arbitrations or Long Survival/ESO it starts to become very apparent that the gun is not going to cut it.

The Akarius suffers a bit agaisnt high levels, but a properly built Acceltra just mows things down in ESO.

Just now, fiendishrabbit said:

The Akarius suffers a bit agaisnt high levels, but a properly built Acceltra just mows things down in ESO.

Up to what round?  Mine is 3 forma based around Crit with 80% Crit Chance 6.2 Mult 555 Corrosive using Bladed Rounds and eventually you hit a point where you have to fire too many times to kill things.  Once you cannot 1-3 shot mobs Ammo becomes a problem.