Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nitro747

About the Leverian

It's lame. Bare bones. Lazy I'd risk say.

Not much else to tell. It's just the gray box level design thing. No model for you or narrator. No background, cutscenes, nothing. There's only one piece of art and its just Gauss's og concept art. You can't even zoom in while fiddling with the few items inside. There's not even a glimpse of art depicting the situations in which Gauss was being described. It even minimizes him as a character; now he is just one Warframe sent to deal with a rebellion, it probably wasn't even a fair fight.

If they had added this in tandem with a quest, it would actually be cool.

Now it feels more like "here, I hired this dude to tell this incomprehensible, unimportant story for you and made a mini museum, are you happy now?" kind of situation...

On top of that, it's redundant.

Why did DE opt to add in this thing, including a new character I can already tell I'm not going to care about, instead of, you know, using this kind of concept to build on the already lackluster Cephalon Simaris? Like, isn't Simaris supposed to be a knowledge seeker? Surely, this sort of thing would have been perfect to expand on his sanctuary and his character, which deserves improvement.

Instead, DE chose this.

I loved Leverian. Hope DE will add entries for older frames and weapons. Placeholder walls floating in the void is kinda lame though.

9 minutes ago, Krion112 said:

On top of that, it's redundant.

Why did DE opt to add in this thing, including a new character I can already tell I'm not going to care about, instead of, you know, using this kind of concept to build on the already lackluster Cephalon Simaris? Like, isn't Simaris supposed to be a knowledge seeker? Surely, this sort of thing would have been perfect to expand on his sanctuary and his character, which deserves improvement.

Instead, DE chose this.

Exactly! He even had Khora synthesized SOMEHOW. Or why not just build it as an expansion to the Codex WHICH ALREADY EXISTS?? 

It's just so damn pointless and poorly made.

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

DE will be added in the older stuff too, they just wanted to get it outs
sesh you people want new content an then nit pick on everything about it

Here comes the white knights.

First and foremost, what was added cannot, in no way, shape and form be considered "new content".

Secondly, we can criticize whatever we feel like criticizing. The fact DE added something into the game doesnt make me automatically like it for the sake of liking "new" content.

1 minute ago, Nitro747 said:

First and foremost, what was added cannot, in no way, shape and form be considered "new content".

Secondly, we can criticize whatever we feel like criticizing. The fact DE added something into the game doesnt make me automatically like it for the sake of liking "new" content.

the idea was for DE to add into a fancy museum into the game an didn't want to wait to have EVERYTHING IN IT.
like with nidus an the helmith charger having a infested charger for the model, they wanted to push out this new thing without delay.

yes you have the right to criticize something but totally bashing it cause it doesnt have alot of things to it just yet.
they did say there more coming to it soon, but people never bother to think about the effort an work that goes into making things.
its not like they press afew buttons an generates a model for something

1 minute ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

the idea was for DE to add into a fancy museum into the game an didn't want to wait to have EVERYTHING IN IT.
like with nidus an the helmith charger having a infested charger for the model, they wanted to push out this new thing without delay.

yes you have the right to criticize something but totally bashing it cause it doesnt have alot of things to it just yet.
they did say there more coming to it soon, but people never bother to think about the effort an work that goes into making things.
its not like they press afew buttons an generates a model for something

I will ask you this just this once: at which point in any of these posts the focus of the criticism was "there's only Gauss in it"?? 

You're just agreeing to disagree, much like what most white knights do in this community.

Just now, Nitro747 said:

I will ask you this just this once: at which point in any of these posts the focus of the criticism was "there's only Gauss in it"?? 

You're just agreeing to disagree, much like what most white knights do in this community.

no i pointed out that DE with the helmith charger which wasnt finished when nidus was released that DE didn't hold it back.
as they released Leverian as it is right now with only Gauss cause thats all they had at the time an is just a lil taste of what will be added in.

by having just this much in they are able to get data on how stable it is before having every other frame, weapon, an cosmetics in there.
as if they went an put every thing in there without getting feedback an stability checks we would have people complaining about how much game crashes, freezes up, or just bugs out once they do enter the Leverian.

No i am pointing out that there is more thought to what DE releases than you honestly think, i am deffending DE choices but not blinding going in to defend them.
But there are those like you that honestly feel like if someone doesnt agree with you they must be white knighting 

2 minutes ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

no i pointed out that DE with the helmith charger which wasnt finished when nidus was released that DE didn't hold it back.
as they released Leverian as it is right now with only Gauss cause thats all they had at the time an is just a lil taste of what will be added in.

by having just this much in they are able to get data on how stable it is before having every other frame, weapon, an cosmetics in there.
as if they went an put every thing in there without getting feedback an stability checks we would have people complaining about how much game crashes, freezes up, or just bugs out once they do enter the Leverian.

No i am pointing out that there is more thought to what DE releases than you honestly think, i am deffending DE choices but not blinding going in to defend them.
But there are those like you that honestly feel like if someone doesnt agree with you they must be white knighting 

None of what you talked and "defended" is in question in any of the posts here, you should just move on if you want to just derail the thread.

Also, you are just making baseless assumptions that DE did it this way to "gather data and see how stable it is".

Again, >no one is complaining that there is just Gauss available in the Leverian<

Just now, Nitro747 said:

None of what you talked and "defended" is in question in any of the posts here, you should just move on if you want to just derail the thread.

Also, you are just making baseless assumptions that DE did it this way to "gather data and see how stable it is".

Again, >no one is complaining that there is just Gauss available in the Leverian<

your complaining It's lame. Bare bones. Lazy I'd risk say. 
which is still complaining that only gauss is in there

yes what i have said is deffending DE as i have pointed out various reasons why its as bare bones at it is.
as im just a player of the game an not a person that works for DE an neither are you, guess what all one can do is guess why something in the game is the way it is.

I like it, the narration reminds me to The Stanley Parable and the other CrowsCrowsCrows project with the lion.
I find the level design very clean, with an elegant form language. A virtual exhibition can look like this in the future.

It’s the first one. Of course it’s not going to look the greatest.

Its not redundant. It provides lore. Which frames have been lacking recently and I’d love to see this system expanded to all of them.

Something Leverian styled is exactly what Warframe needs to pump out lore. Something that is easy for DE to keep up with, if you are thinking that you will get cut scenes with every new Warframe when we still are missing Hydroid Prime's trailer than... lol. I would much rather have DE spend their animation time on gameplay over one-off lore things like the Leverian (not saying I don't want more lore, but resources are finite).

It is not perfect, but it is a great start. My guess is DE just did not have time to make a fancy looking museum, so the did the smart thing and gave us what they had for Gauss. When they get to sprucing up the place (the narrator literally says it is under construction) the parts DE has made for Gauss will seemingly be easily transferred. It was either this, nothing, or delaying the update. In my opinion DE made the right call.

Il y a 1 heure, DrBorris a dit :

Something Leverian styled is exactly what Warframe needs to pump out lore. Something that is easy for DE to keep up with, if you are thinking that you will get cut scenes with every new Warframe when we still are missing Hydroid Prime's trailer than... lol. I would much rather have DE spend their animation time on gameplay over one-off lore things like the Leverian (not saying I don't want more lore, but resources are finite).

It is not perfect, but it is a great start. My guess is DE just did not have time to make a fancy looking museum, so the did the smart thing and gave us what they had for Gauss. When they get to sprucing up the place (the narrator literally says it is under construction) the parts DE has made for Gauss will seemingly be easily transferred. It was either this, nothing, or delaying the update. In my opinion DE made the right call.

I highly doubt this is "exactly what Warframe needs" for reasons OP has mentioned.

It's not interesting to know that Bob the firefighter was the son Albert the blacksmith and Julia the nurse if we are going to hear about him for just that moment we spend in the Museum. The "scattered lore" can be interesting when properly used, as in Dark Souls, except that DE is constantly creating new points of lore without trying to attach them together. 

And even if somehow DE suddenly change their way and deliver interesting and compact lore, it is quite obvious that the majority of players is not interested by knowing the lore just by reading it. As OP mentioned, this is not content in anyway, and simply spending ressources and time on it is not going to interest anyone on the long term.

7 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Something Leverian styled is exactly what Warframe needs to pump out lore.

As I said earlier: if this was released in tandem with a quest, mission, mission dialogues within his Sedna node, etc, it would be a nice little bonus add. Having this skeleton of a feature to be the only source of a character's lore is definitely not the way to go. And this thing was made to kinda compensate for the fact he won't have a quest.

It doesn't even need to be a super duper quest like Chains of Harrow. A mini story-telling thing like Revenant's quest would be more than enough. Seriously, his mini quest was really nice.

And as previously said, the feature is so redundant. Why not add it to the codex? Why not add this to Cephalon Simaris and have a chance to improve and expand his character? OR CEPHALON SUDA??

But nope, DE preferred to follow their tragic pattern of quantity over quality and release these disconnected features that will probably not receive much love on the years to come.

It is literally unfinished.  We know this, we were told this, this is why they decided not to make a big deal about it and just ship what little they had to see how it works and add more later, and for its purpose it works great.

It's like wandering past the "Under Construction" signs at an amusement park and complaining that it's not finished.  Yeah, it's not.  Hence why we were told it is not finished.

And what are you talking about it not being part of the codex?  It's right on Gauss's page.  It's 100% in the Codex.

42 minutes ago, Vox_Preliator said:

It is literally unfinished.  We know this, we were told this, this is why they decided not to make a big deal about it and just ship what little they had to see how it works and add more later, and for its purpose it works great.

It's like wandering past the "Under Construction" signs at an amusement park and complaining that it's not finished.  Yeah, it's not.  Hence why we were told it is not finished.

And what are you talking about it not being part of the codex?  It's right on Gauss's page.  It's 100% in the Codex.

ooooh riight, that's it bois, its "unfinished" so we don't need to criticize anymore! Moving out! Sherlock Holmes over here solved the mystery for us!

12 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Most of your credibility disappeared with this statement. You won't be taken seriously from this point on. 

It wasn't there before, so it IS new content. Granted, it's not much, but it's a framework for stuff to come. You know...new stuff, which is content. 

we can criticize whatever we feel like criticizing. The fact DE added something into the game doesnt make me automatically like it for the sake of liking "new" content.

Sure, you can criticize and complain all you want, but see #1 above.

I don't particularly care about Gauss, but he's new and he is something to do. Whether I like it or not isn't really relevant to the rest of the community. 

For me, the biggest disappointment was just a shortage of information. I would love to know who Gauss's Operator was, who was the human, that was turned into Gauss. Like, we know what happened to Ember and Umbra, we know, who these people were, before they were turned into Orokin war machines. That's what I wanted. And I wanted to understand how Operators project their powers. Why Gauss is a speedster? Why his Operator deals with speed powers? And etc.

One guy explained to me that Warframes were like copies of champions of the past that we posess and then control. I really liked that idea, too bad it doesn't fit the lore too much, because warframes were considered failures before Tenno came, so no one would even think of turning some hero into an infested puppet.

14 часов назад, Krion112 сказал:

This. I actually thought that Leverian will be behind that door with the stairs beside MR tests. And I would love to hear Simaris's comments about some situations and stories that Tenno were in before.

Also, I think maybe at this point DE should stop pumping out new frames and concentrate on refining everything they already have. Bringing some lore to existing frames, quests, stories and, of course, on reworking damage systems and everything else.

It is amazing how you can change the meaning of a sentence be leaving out just one word.

What you say I said....

5 hours ago, Ultimatesoup said:

"exactly what Warframe needs"

What I actually said...

7 hours ago, DrBorris said:

Something Leverian styled is exactly what Warframe needs

Some of the best lore drops we have gotten in game are from the codex or from the Synthesis targets, and both of those things are just little stories. We still speculate about some of the details of these lore entries. Did you know that months before Archwing was released we were told about its existence through Mag Prime's codex? In her entry, it says "It reached me, rising up - a gleaming beast, a plume of golden wings rising and unfolding behind it. An angel." Nobody thought to think twice about it, I don't think I saw anyone say that they thought it was anything more than a metaphor. Little things can be huge.

Lore is a form of content, and it is an extremely important one. It gets people invested in a game in a way gameplay cannot. Lore gets people invested into a game on a longer term than any single new game mode can. Gameplay is fleeting, but the story is something that will stick with you. According to your logic, DE shouldn't even put out cinematic quests because that time would be better spent on things that will entertain players in the "long term".

14 minutes ago, BloodRavenCap said:

For me, the biggest disappointment was just a shortage of information. I would love to know who Gauss's Operator was, who was the human, that was turned into Gauss. Like, we know what happened to Ember and Umbra, we know, who these people were, before they were turned into Orokin war machines. That's what I wanted. And I wanted to understand how Operators project their powers. Why Gauss is a speedster? Why his Operator deals with speed powers? And etc.

One guy explained to me that Warframes were like copies of champions of the past that we posess and then control. I really liked that idea, too bad it doesn't fit the lore too much, because warframes were considered failures before Tenno came, so no one would even think of turning some hero into an infested puppet.

This. I actually thought that Leverian will be behind that door with the stairs beside MR tests. And I would love to hear Simaris's comments about some situations and stories that Tenno were in before.

Also, I think maybe at this point DE should stop pumping out new frames and concentrate on refining everything they already have. Bringing some lore to existing frames, quests, stories and, of course, on reworking damage systems and everything else.

Exactly! It's not just that what they added is too bare bones or whatever, its just that there's barely any lore in there. It's just one guy saying "yeah, there was this rebelion in Sedna and Gauss barged in and killed them all and he was very speedy. The end". Compared to Revenant's mini quest, where we got who Revenant was, what was his role in the grand scheme of things, his feats, his fate, etc, this is simply not enough. Not only that we don't even care about this new librarian character thing. There's already enough of these faceless characters no one cares about and he is just another one.

26 minutes ago, Sloan441 said:

Most of your credibility disappeared with this statement. You won't be taken seriously from this point on. 

It wasn't there before, so it IS new content. Granted, it's not much, but it's a framework for stuff to come. You know...new stuff, which is content. 

Sure, you can criticize and complain all you want, but see #1 above.

I don't particularly care about Gauss, but he's new and he is something to do. Whether I like it or not isn't really relevant to the rest of the community. 

I think my "credibility" is pretty much the same regardless of what you think or not. This is a discussion about leverian and instead of saying "I like Leverian" most people prefer "oh, its this bad because DE is amazing and they are doing what they can and this is new content and blablabla". This is just white knighting DE and anyone who cares to post feedback here knows this is a major problem plaguing this community. Just notice that, out of all comments "defending" leverian, only ONE do it without bootlicking DE. Only ONE. The rest is making up excuses and assumptions as to why the thing is so bad. Cognitive dissonance.

13 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

Right in your first post

14 hours ago, Nitro747 said:

It's lame. Bare bones. Lazy I'd risk say.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

Right in your first post

hahahaah jesus christ you guys can't even interpret a single text. Yeah, just ignore the rest of the text that goes
" Not much else to tell. It's just the gray box level design thing. No model for you or narrator. No background, cutscenes, nothing. There's only one piece of art and its just Gauss's og concept art. You can't even zoom in while fiddling with the few items inside. There's not even a glimpse of art depicting the situations in which Gauss was being described. It even minimizes him as a character; now he is just one Warframe sent to deal with a rebellion, it probably wasn't even a fair fight. "