Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jygxz

Kick System

It’s just worst solution of Consequences where General problem is weak Enemies which allows players to AFK and others to become Judges.

For like the 100th time. If DE did decide to add a VOTE kick function into the game, then they could make it only become available or highlighted when the person has been AFK for 3 minutes. 1 minute already causes players to not gain affinity or rewards like at the fifth wave of a defense or the 5th minute of a survival. 

If y’all are gonna keep posting about such a function, then y’all need to think of ways to avoid abuse. If a player is AFK for 3 minutes or more, then they have no business being in the mission to begin with. No excuses. 

For Bounties, DE would have to do a lot more to detect a LEECHER. Which could lead to complications for newbies. Which they shouldn’t be playing in a public game on a high level bounty that they aren’t anywhere close to being able to handle.

Then the hypocrisy I find very common is that “what if I had to...” just stop right there. I’m gonna say the same thing that every troll says to every player that complains about AFKers. PLAY SOLO or GO TO RECRUIT. Cause the Vote Kick option, is an option that DE should only implement in PUBLIC missions. Why should everybody else be forced to play the boring solo or spend hours trying to recruit all because of a few AFKers? The AFKers should be the ones playing solo or going to recruit and asking to be carried. 

For those of you who don’t have a problem carrying AFKers, good for you. But some of us don’t like being used. Especially when that person’s presence in the squad makes the mission take longer to complete when we are trying to farm. If y’all don’t think AFKers have that munch of an impact, then either you don’t play that often in every type of mission or you don’t play in public games often. 

People want to stand around and do nothing, play solo. People want to complete missions very slowly, play solo. But people who want to play in a squad and complete missions quickly while having fun, then they should be allowed to play public games without any interference or trolls. Recruit is meant for a very specific purpose. Like capturing Eidolons or cracking specific relics. 

In the end it is up to DE to decide. And I know for a fact that if a 3 minute AFK timer activates a vote kick option in public games that leads to players being kicked, most of us aren’t going to care. Some of us may laugh at those who complain on the forums trying to justify their reasons for going AFK. And most will say the same thing that is being said to players like OP, “play solo or recruit”. 

5 hours ago, Jygxz said:

what if the voting system wont be available unless the player have been actually afk? would that make sense to you? voting will not be available unless someone in the squad have been afk.

I dont see that as a thing either. You never know what happens in someone's life and those that dont abuse AFK may have legit reasons for stepping away for a few. I think someone posted a reply about a reporting and tracking system. Until then what we have works more or less.

This is why I play solo. 6 years ago I decided to learn how to build gaming rigs for 2 reasons. Deep, rich, beautiful, life like grahics and to move away from a crazy and toxic community of console gamers to a more solid, mature and helpful community or PC gamers and rig builders. When I built my first rig, posted its specs and asked for help and suggestions to improve it... I was lauged at, ridiculed, mocked and cyber bullied.  At the time I was 35 and never in my life had I ever experienced anything so toxic. Not even in my teens! I'm not into drama and Im a very chill kina guy so I just ignored all of the unnecessary drama and used it as fuel. Just 2 months after that post I had built me a rig that completely smoked any of the rigs that those bullies posted on my thread. Shortly after that I learned that the PC gaming community is just as toxic as the console community. So now Im back into console gaming on my One X. Although I still enjoy building rigs and I keep my gaming beast as up-2-date as possible I prefer the simplicity of my Xbox... Plus it looks crazy good on my 100+ inch HDR projector. What Im trying to say is that for some reason EVERYONE seems to have a chip on their shoulder. These games are taken so seriously that I play solo all of the time. God forbid that work calls me with an emergency that requires me to not only leave in the middle of a mission but to leave the party completely. The mission will take a little longer to complete and it may require a tad bit more effort from the other members... Geezus that would just be the end of life itself. This is just a game and while I do understand this game can become a meaningful and important experience. Wayyyy back I used to be crazy into MOHAA and at times a single match could climax into an explosion of emotional differences, but I never let it get me to the point where I would bully other gamers. This type of serious and toxic attitude has rapidly grown these past few years and is now become the norm across all gaming platforms and genres. It has caused a lot of us to go strictly solo and thats unfortunate because most games these days require team play, especially in the end game and those of us who have busy work schedules and high demanding jobs get left behind. Normally I NEVER leave long winded comments like this but this has been really bothering me and thi thread opened the wound to its max... Now I'm bleeding out. Please do not take this the wrong way. I 110% respect the opinion the gamer who posted this thread and I in now way mean any harm or discord to anyone reading this thread. I love gaming and the gaming community and I just wish that we could all push our differences to the side and become the strong, united community that I know we can be.     

We shouldn't be able to kick in mission for many reasons, but we should be able to kick while outside missions. That way i don't have to reinvite my two friends after every mission due to the 1 pug that didn't leave after the last mission. 

I have never found one on ps4 if we have it, but it would be very helpful to have an option in missions to report players and have it automatically record and log information to send to support, along with an automatic option to block that player from matchmaking with you again when you do that. 

13 hours ago, Jygxz said:

I am talking about the players who doesn't have a choice but to go pub.

... Read my previous post -carefully-...

Seems some of you ran their mouths without even reading my post clearly. Again, I am talking about the players who doesn't have the same privilege like you guys have.

I'm not going to talk for others, but I am going to talk for myself here... I don't know what kind of "privilege" you think I have, but I can assure you that the only thing I run on Public is Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught because having moving Efficiency dispensers (yep, its everyone else besides myself) killing somewhere else on those Onslaught arenas is a blast. Everything else, I run on "Invite Only" and take my time on my own missions... Warframe is far from difficult and despite the fact that the game is PvE/Co-op intended, I see the Public setting as a gimmick, like the Conclave.

Now, I don't know if you're here complaining about your personal case, because it sorely feels like a complaint, or if you're here for someone else other than yourself. If its the former, then anything you're pointing out fits your own personal case which, from what I've seen, was most likely answered by either me or someone else. If its the latter, then you're not allowed to speak on behalf of others, because you don't know what's really happening on their personal cases.

You should take time reading posts properly, or other participants will start thinking that you're...:

"running your mouth without even reading posts clearly" (This was adjusted to fit you and you alone)

Warframe doesn't need a vote kick function anywhere.

you never played payday have you

when you get kicked after farming 1 hour and get no rewards you will stop asking for this bs

How about a 'leave behind' option?

You have a good experience with a random squad, some seriously good synergy with one person. You cue up the next mission, you and two others jump to accept... And the third seems afk

On 2019-08-30 at 1:56 PM, ZarTham said:

sry, wont happen, people fear it will be abused........ I'd love for DE to implement a vote kick system, but seems fear has overtaken the majority.

Its not fear, its common sense. Never in my life i have ever seen a game what had a votekick system what was not abused.

Even something more serious as ingame reporting system gets quickly abused once people find out what the treshold is, take a look at Overwatch for exampl.

The thing is systems like these are always abused theres no buts, they are abused and thats it.

19 hours ago, (PS4)chris1pat8twins said:

For like the 100th time. If DE did decide to add a VOTE kick function into the game, then they could make it only become available or highlighted when the person has been AFK for 3 minutes. 1 minute already causes players to not gain affinity or rewards like at the fifth wave of a defense or the 5th minute of a survival. 

If y’all are gonna keep posting about such a function, then y’all need to think of ways to avoid abuse. If a player is AFK for 3 minutes or more, then they have no business being in the mission to begin with. No excuses. 

For Bounties, DE would have to do a lot more to detect a LEECHER. Which could lead to complications for newbies. Which they shouldn’t be playing in a public game on a high level bounty that they aren’t anywhere close to being able to handle.

Then the hypocrisy I find very common is that “what if I had to...” just stop right there. I’m gonna say the same thing that every troll says to every player that complains about AFKers. PLAY SOLO or GO TO RECRUIT. Cause the Vote Kick option, is an option that DE should only implement in PUBLIC missions. Why should everybody else be forced to play the boring solo or spend hours trying to recruit all because of a few AFKers? The AFKers should be the ones playing solo or going to recruit and asking to be carried. 

For those of you who don’t have a problem carrying AFKers, good for you. But some of us don’t like being used. Especially when that person’s presence in the squad makes the mission take longer to complete when we are trying to farm. If y’all don’t think AFKers have that munch of an impact, then either you don’t play that often in every type of mission or you don’t play in public games often. 

People want to stand around and do nothing, play solo. People want to complete missions very slowly, play solo. But people who want to play in a squad and complete missions quickly while having fun, then they should be allowed to play public games without any interference or trolls. Recruit is meant for a very specific purpose. Like capturing Eidolons or cracking specific relics. 

In the end it is up to DE to decide. And I know for a fact that if a 3 minute AFK timer activates a vote kick option in public games that leads to players being kicked, most of us aren’t going to care. Some of us may laugh at those who complain on the forums trying to justify their reasons for going AFK. And most will say the same thing that is being said to players like OP, “play solo or recruit”. 

finally. somebody who makes sense...all of what you have mentioned above are correct. 

9 hours ago, Uhkretor said:

... Read my previous post -carefully-...

I'm not going to talk for others, but I am going to talk for myself here... I don't know what kind of "privilege" you think I have, but I can assure you that the only thing I run on Public is Sanctuary Onslaught/Elite Sanctuary Onslaught because having moving Efficiency dispensers (yep, its everyone else besides myself) killing somewhere else on those Onslaught arenas is a blast. Everything else, I run on "Invite Only" and take my time on my own missions... Warframe is far from difficult and despite the fact that the game is PvE/Co-op intended, I see the Public setting as a gimmick, like the Conclave.

Now, I don't know if you're here complaining about your personal case, because it sorely feels like a complaint, or if you're here for someone else other than yourself. If its the former, then anything you're pointing out fits your own personal case which, from what I've seen, was most likely answered by either me or someone else. If its the latter, then you're not allowed to speak on behalf of others, because you don't know what's really happening on their personal cases.

You should take time reading posts properly, or other participants will start thinking that you're...:

Warframe doesn't need a vote kick function anywhere.

whoa...and you are? it seems that line triggered you. I did not name someone there. It seems that you are specifically offended by my post. I did read all of the replies and I didn't even found your reply a bit helpful. If people like you can't contribute an idea or a solution, it would be best not to flame others.

9 hours ago, lokoman23 said:

you never played payday have you

when you get kicked after farming 1 hour and get no rewards you will stop asking for this bs

you cannot get kicked unless you have been AFK. simple.

19 hours ago, (PS4)Onder6099 said:

It’s just worst solution of Consequences where General problem is weak Enemies which allows players to AFK and others to become Judges.

if the player wants to go AFK, it would be best not to go pub and leech from others. He should go solo instead. 

10 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

We shouldn't be able to kick in mission for many reasons, but we should be able to kick while outside missions. That way i don't have to reinvite my two friends after every mission due to the 1 pug that didn't leave after the last mission. 

I have never found one on ps4 if we have it, but it would be very helpful to have an option in missions to report players and have it automatically record and log information to send to support, along with an automatic option to block that player from matchmaking with you again when you do that. 

that's one way to do it too.

4 minutes ago, Jygxz said:

it seems that line triggered you. I did not name someone there. It seems that you are specifically offended by my post.

It didn't trigger me at all, yet it feels like you wanted it to trigger me for you to have a sense of fulfillment in your online life... But let me point out what's happening here in case you haven't noticed yet...

We've all reached the same conclusion, apparently, except you... I wonder why...

... No one's interested in your suggestion. Everyone is refusing it, one way or the other. You are effectively wasting everyone else's time on something that no one is interested in existing, except you. Want me to suggest games that have a kick system implemented so that you can find another way for a sense of fulfillment...? I have a list of a few games, including a few oldies, where you can use the system at will for your own enjoyment.

With that said, I'm out... And if you continue posting, everyone else will be out eventually. This topic is non-productive in so many ways, I can't even point them out. But before you point out that I'm the one making it non-productive, which is a lie since I've been replying to your posts, this is ultimately the result of you creating a feedback topic suggesting a system that no one wants and has no place in Warframe, out of frustration of having AFK squad members in your squad, leaving you to fend for yourself.

... Learn to live with it.

14 hours ago, (PS4)Smooth81Criminal said:

I dont see that as a thing either. You never know what happens in someone's life and those that dont abuse AFK may have legit reasons for stepping away for a few. I think someone posted a reply about a reporting and tracking system. Until then what we have works more or less.

I myself go afk in missions...like when I have to pee. Its simple man, let your squad know. Not just standing there doing nothing. Im sure all of us can distinguish a leecher.

AFK isn't allowed, you get warned from doing so.

A kick system is a warnless system that afk players can abuse either by entering a team that allows them to afk and can be abused by clanies of certain clans that are ok with the practice, if you start a kick vote system, they would all decline it and instead trigger their own vote system, kicking you instead

The vote kick system is a LAZY solution, something that comes up when player doesn't like what is happening but refuses to use the support system aswell, a system that punishes false reports and protects the user that does a valid report.

Players use all kinds of tricks to avoid being afk, like using killing abilities, the report uses common sense, votekick doesn't, it's a flawed system

This has been debated many times, you have met a few afk players, i on the other hand have reported hundreds of players, going against other reports made by these users, sometimes even entire clans mass report against you, like for afk (without proof obviously), harassment, etc.....

The results are obvious, i'm here, they aren't.

1 minute ago, Uhkretor said:

It didn't trigger me at all, yet it feels like you wanted it to trigger me for you to have a sense of fulfillment in your online life... But let me point out what's happening here in case you haven't noticed yet...

We've all reached the same conclusion, apparently, except you... I wonder why...

... No one's interested in your suggestion. Everyone is refusing it, one way or the other. You are effectively wasting everyone else's time on something that no one is interested in existing, except you. Want me to suggest games that have a kick system implemented so that you can find another way for a sense of fulfillment...? I have a list of a few games, including a few oldies, where you can use the system at will for your own enjoyment.

With that said, I'm out... And if you continue posting, everyone else will be out eventually. This topic is non-productive in so many ways, I can't even point them out. But before you point out that I'm the one making it non-productive, which is a lie since I've been replying to your posts, this is ultimately the result of you creating a feedback topic suggesting a system that no one wants and has no place in Warframe, out of frustration of having AFK squad members in your squad, leaving you to fend for yourself.

... Learn to live with it.

If you have been reading the replies, you'll see that what you have said isn't true. Simply because others like me wants to play the game without someone doing nothing while everybody is playing. If you can't contribute a solution then don't reply. Simple

1 hour ago, Jygxz said:

if the player wants to go AFK, it would be best not to go pub and leech from others. He should go solo instead. 

As I stated X-times: worst thing you can do is play Solo. This is F2P Coop game where Business model rely on Coop. If datamines are telling that more and more players are playing Solo i must assimilate game to that condition. We are now able to do whole content Solo, because Soélo players are also willing to pay, which means its Easy in PuG and boring in Premade Squads and here is a space for AFK and no, recruiting will not save Group against AFK-er. There is a near 0 Comunication between players, so You mainly don´t know who is on the other side and his reason for AFK, sure it can be he want to watch Netflix, but he can be physically or mentally disabled, like my friends, one with Muscular distrophy and other with light form of Epilepsy, players can also know his limits, in this case is better to be AFK then revive him every 30s.In general, if those players spent money and there is 0 spent by You, You should march  in front of them, salute and singing panegyric songs that u can, thanks to them, play this game for Free. About leachers: i have everytime Blue Booster on, so  I´m not surprised that someone is Mining or Fishing and i´m glad i can help because this is PvE and not E-peen PvP and player is doing that for a reason, for example for X27 Amp and when i will meet him next time in Eidolon hunt I can bet on him.

Bad English as always, sorry.

On 2019-08-29 at 7:35 PM, Jygxz said:

Good morning. I wish DE would address this as soon  as they can. This has been around a very long time and I do know that others are also annoyed by the actions of these "AFK" players. I know that this can be remedied by making your own squad etc., but what about the ones who doesn't have a choice but to go pub? I think a voting system/kick option should be available to remove these leechers in the game. Giving a chance to those players who actually play. 

Why are you annoyed by players who aren't doing anything? I mean they're literally not doing anything. Just worry about yourself and there won't be a problem. I could understand if they were actively trying to aggravate you, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Anyways, no thanks. "AFK" players are doing absolutely nothing, and especially nothing that would warrant giving players to ability to kick them. Just play the game and worry about yourself. BTW, if you even notice leechers, you're probably unintentionally leeching. I NEVER see them. I just focus on the objective instead of spectating my squadmates. 

Being honest with you i think there just needs to be a way to instantly master weapons... Aside from paracesis i think the only thing you can use eidolon shards for currently is ranking up with Onko. No idea how many i have but it's probably a bunch by now. Maybe like 5 eidolon shards could instantly level one piece of gear. Then you'll stop having people afk in missions, might still be a problem with focus grinding in ESO but over all you get it done better and easier in ESO if you actually participate......... Maybe add a recipe that you can buy from onko at architect level, one use per recipe, that 10 eidolon shards refine into a radiant shard or something. 

Yeah yeah i know... change is scary... some of you probably have a few thousand of these things but the main point is that it gets people to stop afking to complete mastery and such. People are doing it in a way that involves zero actual involvement anyway. If you remove the driving force causing people to AFK they will stop doing it. 

Why would creating a group prevent you from afk player? Anyway kick systems are an abusive and lazy solution. Also I´m pretty sure there is an anti afk mechanic already where you don´t get affinity/rewards if you don´t perform any actions for a while.

10 hours ago, BL4CKN0ISE said:

Why are you annoyed by players who aren't doing anything? I mean they're literally not doing anything. Just worry about yourself and there won't be a problem. I could understand if they were actively trying to aggravate you, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Anyways, no thanks. "AFK" players are doing absolutely nothing, and especially nothing that would warrant giving players to ability to kick them. Just play the game and worry about yourself. BTW, if you even notice leechers, you're probably unintentionally leeching. I NEVER see them. I just focus on the objective instead of spectating my squadmates. 

Actually, reports on afk can result in a 2nd report because in certain gamemodes being afk results in "acting against the team" (another non allowed action ingame)., this means the mission can stall or get more difficult to the point a fail is inevitable.

On 2019-09-01 at 11:57 AM, BL4CKN0ISE said:

if its okay with you, it doesn't mean that it is okay with everyone. If you prefer to turn a blind eye on these kind of players, good for you...but not for players who is actually playing the game. You will notice them alright...like if the mission is already failing, like when you do a mission that requires 4 of you to defend something, yet this one guy chooses to go up somewhere doing nothing.