Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Killa_Byte

why a new warframe when somany old ones need a re-work?

yeah another speedy warframe sorry not impressed to many others that need a major re-work I won't even start where to begin ....it's all about the big coin right tenno...

its cause of 

1. DE makes money off of people buying plat to get the new stuff, so without new items going into the game regularly they dont make as much money.

2. cause of people wanting new content quite often an so DE has to push out new stuff to try an keep some of these people content for a month or so.

3. the amount of work that goes into a warframe rework is quite abit.
how well the new abilities fit the frames theme
how well these abilities will work in solo an group play
how will these new abilities look

New things need to keep coming, it's how f2p works.

Old things will update, eventually.

26 minutes ago, Goodwill said:

Because content drought amirite?

You mean a new frame is content? BTW, all pieces locked on rotation C, can't wait to get Gauss Prime before getting Gauss, same goes to Khora Prime whose vanilla systems haven't dropped in all my time going to Onslaught zone 8.

You know, this is a big paradox.

People keep asking for new content, yet they demand for reworks as well.

But: If content isn't here, comes the "content drought"... And if content is pushed early, there's complains of the update being barely functional.

25 minutes ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

BTW, all pieces locked on rotation C, can't wait to get Gauss Prime before getting Gauss, same goes to Khora Prime whose vanilla systems haven't dropped in all my time going to Onslaught zone 8.

Nidus's parts stuck on a mission, rotation C;

Two of Harrow's parts being respectively on Kuva Fortress and Defection;

Gara, Revenant and Garuda's parts on bounties;

And yet, you complain that parts of a warframe is on a rotation.

I can understand some warframes being hard to get, but come on... There's plenty of time to get the warframe, and Disruption isn't so bad.

2 hours ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

People keep asking for new content, yet they demand for reworks as well.

But: If content isn't here, comes the "content drought"... And if content is pushed early, there's complains of the update being barely functional.

And yet, you complain that parts of a warframe is on a rotation.

I can understand some warframes being hard to get, but come on... There's plenty of time to get the warframe, and Disruption isn't so bad.

Oh, sorry I didn't complain about those you mentioned in this specific topic.

3 hours ago, (XB1)ShadowBlood89 said:

its cause of 

1. DE makes money off of people buying plat to get the new stuff, so without new items going into the game regularly they dont make as much money.

2. cause of people wanting new content quite often an so DE has to push out new stuff to try an keep some of these people content for a month or so.

3. the amount of work that goes into a warframe rework is quite abit.
how well the new abilities fit the frames theme
how well these abilities will work in solo an group play
how will these new abilities look

A) this. They have to release content periodically... even though people will piss and moan anyway.

B) I don't think people understand that when they're saying "rework a frame" it ain't necessarily a simple task.

So yeah, good post.

It's an issue they've pointed out numerous times before. Basically reworks and polishing do not bring in new players or retain old players, new content does.

And being a F2P game with relatively lax monetization there needs to be a steady flow of content for players to spend money on. It's the very reason why most reworks we have gotten tend to occur around a frame's Deluxe or Prime release. It both incentivizes players to spend more and is the only real way a rework can be considered new content.

Also if you actually care at all then feel free to make some feedback threads about the "many" frames that need reworks.

So wana be snappy edge lords like you can come to the forums and complain.

because DE needs to keep making money, and attracting new players to make up for those that leave. would I like a bunch of older things to be looked at? yeah, absolutely, but I also understand that at the end of the day DE are a business, and DE employees need food and homes as well. it's when the monetization become predatory, that's when problems arise, but they've been pretty good at avoiding that.

Alot people lately seem to have some idea that reworks are like a magical process that only take a day to do when they can possibly take a few months.

3 hours ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Honestly, Nidus and Harrow's two parts do need a look at with making it a bit easier to gain, rather than being on just Rotation C (non-Disruption model). And yes, I know Harrow's Systems can drop in Rotation B, but is really, really low chance.

The other three: Eh, the bounties that drop them have enough stages containing them to compensate.

Yea it's not like anybody is getting a rework at the moment. Say, I wonder how vauban is doing? 

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You mean a new frame is content? BTW, all pieces locked on rotation C, can't wait to get Gauss Prime before getting Gauss, same goes to Khora Prime whose vanilla systems haven't dropped in all my time going to Onslaught zone 8.

For a Rot C lock, it isn't that bad of a Rot C. Disruption doesn't go AABCAABCAABC..., it goes BBCCCCCCC... so long as you get all four conduits defended, if you only get three it goes ABBCCC... if you can only defend two it goes AABBBB... and if you are so damn terrible that you can only get one it goes AAABBBBB.... This means that so long as you are capable of a 75% success chance on your defences and stay for 4+ rounds you will get a chance for a part every round.

This here is a case of DE encouraging longer runs to push the content higher rather than bailing earlier, if you can maintain the longer runs you get the better drop tables. I kinda wish more game mods did this, clearing Defence Waves faster giving better tables, or keeping life support higher giving better Survival tables. Heck disruption could give progressively worse rewards the more capture the enemies had at the end.

3 hours ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

Harrow's Defection luckily happens to go by slightly faster if you can do long runs as well. You get drops based on squads saved, one drop per two squads. After wave 3(or is it 4?) every wave spawns two squads, meaning every wave gives a drop letting you hit that C rotation more. Makes it faster to farm, but still is a bit obscure that that trick exists and should be looked at a bit and maybe polished. The spy mission doesn't feel too awful, but maybe should be spread to also be a potential drop from Assault, yeah remember that node? Don't worry neither does DE.

Nidus on the other hand... his drop rate is unenjoyably low from a game mode that isn't particularly enjoyable and which currently has no use since the raid it was for farming drops for is currently out of the game with no idea when it will return if ever. Honestly I say remove him from this table and add a way to spend those Antiserum Injector Fragments on acquiring him. It'll still be partially RNG based, as they have a percentile drop chance from killing enemies, but it will also not require expected 48-52 rounds of Infested Salvage to acquire Nidus. This really needs to be fixed somehow.

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

You mean a new frame is content? BTW, all pieces locked on rotation C, can't wait to get Gauss Prime before getting Gauss,

You don't know how Disruption rotations work, do you?

4 hours ago, BombtailsTheFox said:

No, it's not a paradox, 

New frames release and reworks of old frames are not mutually exclusive nor is content and its completeness on release. 

It is difficult due to the limited resources that DE has sure and I partially empathize, 

But they made their own bed by choosing to release large updates instead of smaller ones which they could flesh out if they released bite sized content instead.

so they aren't completely innocent when players complain about both things being a problem

So let's not boil things down to only two choices and call it a paradox. 

1 hour ago, SenorClipClop said:

You don't know how Disruption rotations work, do you?

I think I knew but turns out is worse than I thought, sure it is taking its sweet time to drop for me but at least I am only two components away, I prefer to have my components separated to spice up my play sessions instead of dedicating them to only one game mode, it becomes harder to get new frames the old fashioned way since there aren't many new bosses that aren't very cheap, Exploiter Orb is the only good one from the newest batch.

1 hour ago, 0_The_F00l said:

But they made their own bed by choosing to release large updates instead of smaller ones which they could flesh out if they released bite sized content instead.

And then ppl complain that "Oh god this is so little content. I was already done with it yesterday. De doesn't care anymore because they don't give us big updates anymore. The game is dying. It's over! Warframe is dead!"

4 minutes ago, JackHargreav said:

And then ppl complain that "Oh god this is so little content. I was already done with it yesterday. De doesn't care anymore because they don't give us big updates anymore. The game is dying. It's over! Warframe is dead!"

Yes, and? Are you saying we should not complain even if we dislike something?

Not everyone will like everything, The dog days thing was fun according to me and was bite sized enough to occupy me for a few days, I don't know if you were around when there used to be tactical alerts every fortnight or so, those were small and fun, I miss those. 

As to your obvious exaggerated statement regarding the games life to build up a strawman to burn, 

The game isn't dying, it's fine where it is, anyone leaving is usually complimented by new people joining. There is not much for players who have already done everything. 

4 minutes ago, 0_The_F00l said:

Yes, and? Are you saying we should not complain even if we dislike something?

Not everyone will like everything, The dog days thing was fun according to me and was bite sized enough to occupy me for a few days, I don't know if you were around when there used to be tactical alerts every fortnight or so, those were small and fun, I miss those. 

As to your obvious exaggerated statement regarding the games life to build up a strawman to burn, 

The game isn't dying, it's fine where it is, anyone leaving is usually complimented by new people joining. There is not much for players who have already done everything. 

That is the problem. No matter what no one is ever staisfied ever. With a community like this It's really hard to do anything. Honestly if the devs would complete stop paying attention to us i would not be surprised.